Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? (7956 Views)

Steelseries Reveals The Rival 700, The First-ever Gaming Mouse With An OLED Disp / How To Use Your Phone As A Mouse With Your Computer / ~~How To Use A Hotfile Premium Cookie~~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 04, 2010
to me not using a mouse with your laptop is (to borrow from Chike and the River) the equivalent of living near the River Niger yet washing your hand with spittle. OR having a new and old phone with PC Suite synch capabilities yet manually retyping/entering/transferring your contacts across phones. the touchpad/trackpad cannot just compare to the mouse when you have serious work to do and you need to deliver fast. The mouse takes you right there,swiftly  up and down while the touchpad can be painful on the fingers. there are some jobs that for efficiency sake you just have to do with a mouse. Eg: Video editing. while for other jobs you simply achieve more within less time if you use your mouse. Eg: working on data presentation with MS Excel.

anyway what's your opinion?

UPDATE: for those of you questioning why this made the front page just want to add that i decided to put this up cos I've come across so many people (who more or less just use their laptop to play solitaire, songs, facebook, watch films and type the occasional MS word document) dissing the mouse. apparently they feel the mouse is so old school and religiously using the touch pad shows you're in tune with technology.

just wanted to prove them wrong.

P/S: of course when on the go/move the touchpad can be excused, but for everything else, there's Mastercard, get a mouse.
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by THEAMAKA(f): 2:32pm On Feb 04, 2010
tayo4lif:

stuipd question

made front page. grin
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 04, 2010
With the way things are going, toilet experience will be making front page SMH***
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by oluking: 2:41pm On Feb 04, 2010
"stuipd question"

what is stupid about the question,its a logical Question. i do agree.I am more comfortable using the mouse with my laptop.
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by Redman44(m): 2:51pm On Feb 04, 2010
I am looking at my solid mouse right now where I've packed it. It can be used with a laptop but I've not tried it. I'm comfortable with my Flatscreen PC at the moment. And to think I got it a for a bargain smiley smiley Still searching for my ideal laptop. Cheers.
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by toosoon(m): 2:52pm On Feb 04, 2010
rather use a TV with inbuilt Remote!!!
, /´¯/), ( ¬¬ \¯`\
, /, //, ¬¬ , \\, \
, /, //, ¬¬ , \\, ¬¬ \
, /´¯/, /´¯\, /¯ ¬¬ `\, \¯`\
, /./, /, /, /.|_, _|¬¬ .\, \, .\, \.\. ¬¬
(.(, (, (, /.), ), (, (;¬ \, ), ¬¬ ), ).)
.\, \/, /, \. ¬¬ , \/, , /
, \, ¬¬ /, \, / ¬¬
, \, (, , ), ¬¬ , /
this topic
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by freshmoney(m): 2:57pm On Feb 04, 2010
Good morning NLs, and who the fuc*k got this silly stuff to front page? Our moderators must be on dope angry angry
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by Pharoh: 3:05pm On Feb 04, 2010
For everyday use yeah you don't need a laptop but there are times you feel like clicking on so many things during a short period of time that needs some amount of speed from you. Then in the latter case a mouse becomes handy, there has been a lot of argument if we would ever need a mouse and a keyboard with all the growth and improvement we see these days in touch technologies.

Only time will tell anyway but for now i still use a mouse occasionally.
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by Pharoh: 3:10pm On Feb 04, 2010
@Those of you laughing.

The topic surely deserve to be on the front page and its not compulsory to contribute to every topic. Let those who understand the topic give their thoughts please.
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by Vincent41(m): 3:26pm On Feb 04, 2010
@pharoh
nwa whats up?How you de?For me to use mouse is ok cos at times when de lapi gets hot the inbuilt mouse will be hot.
Pharoh are you karid?
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by Realvoice(m): 3:26pm On Feb 04, 2010
To which I may also ask, how in hell post/topics make front page on Nairaland?
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by MsTom(f): 3:32pm On Feb 04, 2010
@poster,
It depends on how long you spend on the laptop or how vast u are with its use. I personally DO NOT use a mouse with my laptop.
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by Pharoh: 3:36pm On Feb 04, 2010
Vincent 4:

@pharoh
nwa whats up?How you de?For me to use mouse is ok cos at times when de lapi gets hot the inbuilt mouse will be hot.
Pharoh are you karid?

I am good but i don't get what you are trying to say. undecided

Realvoice:

To which I may also ask, how in hell post/topics make front page on Nairaland?

Either the moderator for that section or the super moderator does that, front page topics are just there to bring interesting topics to the notice of everyone or topics which you think are important generally to everyone.
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by Vindy: 3:43pm On Feb 04, 2010
For some works mouse can be very helpful but you dont expect somebody who is on the move to be with a mouse. eg while working with my lappy in the airport why will i need i mouse.
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by Kadejo(m): 3:46pm On Feb 04, 2010
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa, it makes work easier, e.g grahics
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by platinumnk(f): 3:55pm On Feb 04, 2010
Umm . . I have a wireless mouse but I used it only once, its somewhere in my room tongue

I use my laptop in strange places so mouses dont really come in handy but its cool cool
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by freshmoney(m): 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2010
Why using mouse when you ve got your dic*k right there. And ladies while using it while you ve got your ti*ts to manuevre the s*** tongue tongue
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by Borat1: 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2010
@Amaka,
Its evident you're illiterate on issues bordering on tech. Why dont you limit yourself to the romance and sexuality section. Thank You!

@topic,
You hit the nail on the head. I use a mouse too. Its a waste of time trying to use the laptops own. I cant remember when last i used it.
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2010
can't use my laptop without a mouse -

just cant

and as an efficiency geek - i use an 8 button programmable mouse, the ubercool logitech performancemx

that beautiful accessory can work on glass and come with a micro antenna - so its permananetly attached to my laptop
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by Pharoh: 4:28pm On Feb 04, 2010
@oyb

Please how much does that mouse cost? i don't want to be carrying a mouse pad everywhere.

@Borat

Thank you for telling them, this is the tech section and not everything is a joke here.

You are right there are some instances where the mouse is needed and not needed like in the train or airplane.There are some professions which surely need the help of a mouse be it a laptop or desktop like graphics and designing.
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by samsoft(m): 4:30pm On Feb 04, 2010
Are you thinking about the kind of gift to give to your love this Valentine??
Click on the below link to have an idea.
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by bawomolo(m): 4:33pm On Feb 04, 2010
oyb:

damn i didn't know logitech made stuff like this. i only know them for their webcams
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 04, 2010
Pharoh:

@oyb

Please how much does that mouse cost? i don't want to be carrying a mouse pad everywhere.

@Borat

Thank you for telling them, this is the tech section and not everything is a joke here.

You are right there are some instances where the mouse is needed and not needed like in the train or airplane.There are some professions which surely need the help of a mouse be it a laptop or desktop like graphics and designing.

\

e no cheap o  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed like $80 or so though prolly cheaper now - it does not require a mousepad - you will prolly not find it in naija - and if u do - it will be like three times its price  angry
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by Cogito(m): 4:39pm On Feb 04, 2010
iHate laptop trackpads. I use a mouse when I'm gaming but otherwise if I'm just navigating the web or my laptop for stuff I use my graphics tablet. It feels more comfortable, natural and faster than using a mouse for me. It becomes slightly tedious when you're on the go though,
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 04, 2010
bawomolo:

damn i didn't know logitech made stuff like this. i only know them for their webcams

we da geekz cheesy
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by Pharoh: 4:53pm On Feb 04, 2010
oyb:

\

e no cheap o  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed like $80 or so though prolly cheaper now - it does not require a mousepad - you will prolly not find it in naija - and if u do - it will be like three times its price  angry

$80 for a mere mouse shocked but the thing make sense sha, i will check it online thanks very much. I think Microsoft makes something like this as well.
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by Lacuzy: 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2010
i rreally hate using my fingers cos its painful i prefer using the mouse
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by chinesedoll(f): 5:48pm On Feb 04, 2010
Nope,when am just browsing and playing around, but when I have very serious work to do nothing compares to my mouse cool
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by gee2(m): 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2010
i use da mouse while gaming and also doing graphics cos touchpad is meant for leasure work not serious business.
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by gee2(m): 6:13pm On Feb 04, 2010
a touchpad is meant for leasure not for serious biz like graphics or autocad design.
Re: Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? by DeepSoul(f): 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2010
@Topic

I use my mouse 24/7.

I CANNOT do without it.

My fingers ache and sometimes twitch if I use em for say, 30 mins (I guess this arose from too many months of using my fingers previously)

So for me, my mouse is a major necessity!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airtel 4g Mifi (unlocked) / Clean Apple Macbook Pro Core I5, 8GB Ram 500gb Hdd 7hours Backup At Cheap Price / Dell Latitude E6220 (Core i5, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD, Backlit keyboard)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.