Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! (2489 Views)

(Video) Breaking News: Nigeria Should Divide -pastor Oyedepo / How Nigerians Should Divide By The Country - Man - O - War! / Do You Think Nigeria Should Divide Up Or Be United Forever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by Pizzanatty(m): 12:34pm On Mar 29, 2013
With all the attendant negative happenings in this country called Nigeria,,some clamouring for division,others still believe in oneness,while some are undecided.

Should Nigeria divide or remain?
Cast your vote now in support or against.
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by badmeat(m): 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2013
I think we should go separate ways,because the north has always shown lack of civility to co exist with other people!and they nigeria as a property of the north,if we must continue with this sham called nigeria,let convene a SNC
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by badmeat(m): 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2013
Front page please
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by Mobsync(m): 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2013
Nigeria should and MUST remain one. If the s/easterners think d ijaws would readily want 2 remain under them after separation, they're mistaken. D ijaws want complete freedom in dat area. No govt activities at all. They want to sell nd spend d oil money alone. Nigeria unite. united we stand, divided we fall @

1 Like

Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by Sealeddeal(m): 1:06pm On Mar 29, 2013
Mobsync: Nigeria should and MUST remain one. If the s/easterners think d ijaws would readily want 2 remain under them after separation, they're mistaken. D ijaws want complete freedom in dat area. No govt activities at all. They want to sell nd spend d oil money alone. Nigeria unite. united we stand, divided we fall @
lollz...urinating in ur pant again?
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by Dede1(m): 1:23pm On Mar 29, 2013
Mobsync: Nigeria should and MUST remain one. If the s/easterners think d ijaws would readily want 2 remain under them after separation, they're mistaken. D ijaws want complete freedom in dat area. No govt activities at all. They want to sell nd spend d oil money alone. Nigeria unite. united we stand, divided we fall @

You are the most idiotic poster ever seen on this forum. What spurred you to vomit the above crap? Republic of Igbo land must exist and it must be nonnegotiable. Ndigbo do not want Ijo and I personally do not know if Ijo will have a place in divided Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by rash47(m): 1:27pm On Mar 29, 2013
Op, ur options are incomplete. You made no provision for true federalism which appears d most honest way out of our socio-political nd economic woes. I think all progressive minded groups should call for SNC and don't think there 're no such groups in d north,there re core noretherners who believe co-habiting with southerners in dis country've brought them more problems.
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by IGBOSON1: 1:47pm On Mar 29, 2013

^^^Dude, do you see 'Igbos' and 'oyel' in your sleep?......just asking! undecided

1 Like

Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by IGBOSON1: 1:53pm On Mar 29, 2013
rash47: Op, ur options are incomplete. You made no provision for true federalism which appears d most honest way out of our socio-political nd economic woes. I think all progressive minded groups should call for SNC and don't think there 're no such groups in d north,there re core noretherners who believe co-habiting with southerners in dis country've brought them more problems.

^^^The bolded caught my attention. Could you expand on that premise a bit?; why would some core northerners think the south is holding them back from reaching their full potential?
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by achi4u(m): 1:57pm On Mar 29, 2013
Divided we stand; united we fall.

let the country divide peacefully let everyone answer im papa name.

1 Like

Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by nabiz(m): 2:07pm On Mar 29, 2013
mobsyn, let me tell u that the ibos ar a very hadworking tribe and can do without any tribe. what we want is peace and development and not oil. we the ibos can till our ground to develop our region. development is not how much oil deposit u hav but a function of how u manage ur god's given resouces. ibos ar not caword like other tribes who dont believe they can develop without oil, so take note ...lol.
On wether to divide nigera, i suggest that nigeria will be better and stronger if we stay together but let us adopt a true fedral systerm of government that will bring a possitive competition among each region, but if not that, I SHOUT AND CRY FOR DIVISION. LONG LIVE NIGERIA
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by Pizzanatty(m): 3:04pm On Mar 29, 2013
Hmmm i can sense dt,while some want division,dey ar still scared abt being enslave/ruled by d majority group in dere region afta d division...
Let d response and votes keep coming in...
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by rash47(m): 3:10pm On Mar 29, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^The bolded caught my attention. Could you expand on that premise a bit?; why would some core northerners think the south is holding them back from reaching their full potential?

Even in the beginning, sir Ahmadu Bello never wanted the co-existence of north-south nigeria,he only had a change of mind when the colonialist were able to convince him his islamic estate will be safe.

In my interactionn with northerners over the years they made me to understand that every average southerner is a dupe in acquisition of material or political power (alas you remember the jan 15 '66 coup and jona's no zoning blatant lies). Today in the north its only d emir's,ex-general's,bussinessmen and politicians that are interested in one nigeria,not the talakawa's and other splinter progressives whom 've achieved nothing and will miss nothing at d event of balkanisation.

2 Likes

Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
Nigeria should remain but with Fiscal Federalism.......!!!

Too much power @ the centre is one of our major problem.....!!!

1 Like

Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by mike404(m): 8:48pm On Mar 29, 2013
UNITED WE FALL DIVIDED WE STAND!!!
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by gratiaeo(m): 9:48pm On Mar 29, 2013
Certainly this country must divide. We should worry how to divide the country not if it will divide
I suggest......
Northern Nigeria
South Western Nigeria
South eastern Nigeria
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by Emperor007: 10:08pm On Mar 29, 2013
Dividing would encourage all to start thinking

Divide

Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 30, 2013
U must have failed practically all d exams u must have sat for all ur life time.
Simple question and u went spiral answering rubbish.
Should nigeria divide? Yes or No.

I say yes. Those who can merge shld and those who wants to be alone should be allowed too.

quote author=Mobsync]Nigeria should and MUST remain one. If the s/easterners think d ijaws would readily want 2 remain under them after separation, they're mistaken. D ijaws want complete freedom in dat area. No govt activities at all. They want to sell nd spend d oil money alone. Nigeria unite. united we stand, divided we fall @ [/quote]
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by mikolo80: 10:07am On Mar 30, 2013
donroxy: Nigeria should remain but with Fiscal Federalism.......!!!

Too much power @ the centre is one of our major problem.....!!!
DIS GUY UR HEAD DE THERE.ALL DIS NOISE NA UNTO MONEY PALAVER .DIVISION WILL NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM COS EVEN IF WE SLIT INTO 774 PIECES PPL WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED. 'TIS NOT THE SYSTEM THATS the problem, 'TIS the ppl
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 30, 2013
division is necessary.
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by Digatron(m): 12:15pm On Apr 01, 2013
am in support for SNC
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by agriboom: 12:33pm On Apr 01, 2013
IGBO-SON:

core northerner here and i support division, not SNC, not true federalism, just divide, and yes thats the sentiments all over the north (well except the few that have hands in stealin from the nations oil wealth)

as for potentials, nigeria b4 oil, which part was the economic power house, was the north not doing well?
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by cecegorz(m): 12:49pm On Apr 01, 2013
rash47: Op, ur options are incomplete. You made no provision for true federalism which appears d most honest way out of our socio-political nd economic woes. I think all progressive minded groups should call for SNC and don't think there 're no such groups in d north,there re core noretherners who believe co-habiting with southerners in dis country've brought them more problems.
I wonder when people put only two options forward as the only way to go.
Even if we divide with the same set of Kleptomatic politicians filled in the West, East, South and North, they will continue their looting to no end.
True federalism with less attraction to political office still stands out as the best option for this country.
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by talkmarkay(m): 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
I SUPPORT ONE NIGERIA

I dont seems to get the idea of DIVIDE NIGERIA.

Let to think of this, have we ever had norterner contested for the governoship post in the east or easterner contested for the governorship post in the western part of nigeria yet with each region having there people governing themselves, things could not go wright. Are we now saying division of a country will provide credible goverment in each region? CAPITAL NO, the same set of ruling class we still present themselves.

We have more educated peoples now in Nigeria, we should be able to call for SNC and discuss the future of this country, we shouldn't leave our future to only the hand of politician We should be able to discuss extensively on the betterment of this country instead of looking for the short-cut (DIVISION OF COUNTRY). Either Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa or any ethnics should be entitled to lead the country on the level good credibility. Let the bygone be bygone, we ve surfered enough PLEASE LET US FIRGIVE OURSELVES FOR ANY SIN IT SEEMS WE VE COMITTED AGAINST ONE ANOTHER.

AMAGAMATION of Nigeria is a blessing in disguise. Nigeria is the most populous black rase in the world. If we fail as a country it simple means all the black rase failed on the earth.

As nigerian now you can do your business any where in the country, but for a divided country you will need permission to cross again.

WE CAN MAKE THIS COUNTRY A BETTER COUNTRY in order to be a good helper for the rest africa countinent and the world.

With our wisdom especially educated people, activits and good nigerians we have alot of work to do.

On the issue of security the FG, Governors and the citizen should be abble to work together to be able to control the situation.
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by Digatron(m): 12:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other country except
Nigeria, We have been suffering in silence while our Leaders
put our future in their bank accounts. How can we remain
like this? How can a youth go to school and suffered to
graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40 and still your
future is as bleak as a dark room. Did your parents send you
to school to sit at home because our Government have failed
us. Let us come out one day and say No. We must not
remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to find a better
life, our better life is here in our country. We have the money,
oil and resources but only a selected few have continue to
suck it dry why we keep believing God for a change, wake up
now I challenge you. We need 500,000 youths in each of the
36states to challenge the Government. We say NO, we will
destroy this country and rebuild it afresh, we will Kill those
who stand on our way as they are considered the enemy. A
man cannot have billions of naira while millions of youths
roam the streets every day looking for daily bread. Our
young men must not all be kidnappers, our young girls must
not all be prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has
come for us to react, the only way our Government listens is
violence, they have shown it to the Niger delta militants and
now they are planning to show it to the boko
haram..whereas a simple gesture of N20,000 per month to
the unemployed is rejected and you pay militants N75,000
per month. How much do they pay as minimum wage? How
much do they pay to elected officers, we are going to revolt.
Nigeria will burn to be rebuilt again like Libya, Iraq Egypt and
Tunisia...please spread this message unless you want to die
in poverty in a country where God has destined all of us to
be happy and prosperous...!!! Pls send this msg to all ur
contact cos anytin can apen o!
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by Emperor007: 1:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
Digatron: Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other country except
Nigeria, We have been suffering in silence while our Leaders
put our future in their bank accounts. How can we remain
like this? How can a youth go to school and suffered to
graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40 and still your
future is as bleak as a dark room. Did your parents send you
to school to sit at home because our Government have failed
us. Let us come out one day and say No. We must not
remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to find a better
life, our better life is here in our country. We have the money,
oil and resources but only a selected few have continue to
suck it dry why we keep believing God for a change, wake up
now I challenge you. We need 500,000 youths in each of the
36states to challenge the Government. We say NO, we will
destroy this country and rebuild it afresh, we will Kill those
who stand on our way as they are considered the enemy. A
man cannot have billions of naira while millions of youths
roam the streets every day looking for daily bread. Our
young men must not all be kidnappers, our young girls must
not all be prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has
come for us to react, the only way our Government listens is
violence, they have shown it to the Niger delta militants and
now they are planning to show it to the boko
haram..whereas a simple gesture of N20,000 per month to
the unemployed is rejected and you pay militants N75,000
per month. How much do they pay as minimum wage? How
much do they pay to elected officers, we are going to revolt.
Nigeria will burn to be rebuilt again like Libya, Iraq Egypt and
Tunisia...please spread this message unless you want to die
in poverty in a country where God has destined all of us to
be happy and prosperous...!!! Pls send this msg to all ur
contact cos anytin can apen o!

^^^

Do you have a page created for this on Facebook?

Remember to cast your vote

Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by kkkp: 1:42pm On Apr 11, 2013
This can only b decided by those looting our money
Pizzanatty: With all the attendant negative happenings in this country called Nigeria,,some clamouring for division,others still believe in oneness,while some are undecided.

Should Nigeria divide or remain?
Cast your vote now in support or against.
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by Arysexy(m): 2:05pm On Apr 11, 2013
If u want Nigeria divided, Pls "LIKE" this comment

6 Likes

Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by Arysexy(m): 2:06pm On Apr 11, 2013
If u want ONE indivvisible Nigeria pls "LIKE" this comment.

1 Like

Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
Division inevitable
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by Aladdin1(m): 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2013
Nigeria is a false and forced amalgamation. We never was one and would never be. Lets divide the country along geopolitical lines into 6 parts. That would bring peace and prosperity to nigeria.
Re: Referendum:nigeria Should Divide Or Remain?...cast Your Vote Now! by slimghost(m): 3:31pm On Apr 11, 2013
nabiz: mobsyn, let me tell u that the ibos ar a very hadworking tribe and can do without any tribe. what we want is peace and development and not oil. we the ibos can till our ground to develop our region. development is not how much oil deposit u hav but a function of how u manage ur god's given resouces. ibos ar not caword like other tribes who dont believe they can develop without oil, so take note ...lol.
On wether to divide nigera, i suggest that nigeria will be better and stronger if we stay together but let us adopt a true fedral systerm of government that will bring a possitive competition among each region, but if not that, I SHOUT AND CRY FOR DIVISION. LONG LIVE NIGERIA

Young man its IGBO and not IBO. You should be ashamed of yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency / Ohakim Joins Imo Guber Race / REVEALED!!!!!! 3 Types Of Boko Haram By El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.