Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,771 members, 7,866,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:05 AM

Nigerian Bank Holiday - Federal Govt To Raid Depositors Accounts To Repay Debts? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Bank Holiday - Federal Govt To Raid Depositors Accounts To Repay Debts? (611 Views)

N2.6trn Govt Deposits In 20,000 Bank Accounts To Be Closed This Week / Report: NNPC top mgt to go, accounts to be probed-Daily Trust / DPR To Raid Fuel Stations Over Under-dispensing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Bank Holiday - Federal Govt To Raid Depositors Accounts To Repay Debts? by NwaNimo1(m): 5:48pm On Mar 29, 2013
Looking at what's happening in Cyprus I forsee the same thing happening in Nigeria within the next few years.

Cyprus needed a 'bailout' as external debts became due (bonds).

So the Govt is raiding people's accounts in order to repay these debts (up to 40% being taken from people)

The depositors are helpless and just have to accept the 'daylight robbery'.

So given the ridiculous amounts we (the govt) borrows, when these debts become due what do you think the govt will do?
Re: Nigerian Bank Holiday - Federal Govt To Raid Depositors Accounts To Repay Debts? by NwaNimo1(m): 10:33am On Apr 11, 2016
Please note - na me talk am first...
Re: Nigerian Bank Holiday - Federal Govt To Raid Depositors Accounts To Repay Debts? by princemillla(m): 10:35am On Apr 11, 2016
Funny..... It won't happen here.

But even if it will, kobo they won't find in my acc

(1) (Reply)

Thread On Patience Jonathan Lock Down: Why? / My Oga At The Top - Obafaiye Shem Removed As NSCDC Lagos Commandant / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.