Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Tribute To Chinua Achebe - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tribute To Chinua Achebe (649 Views)

poem: nna anyi,is it true, Tribute To Chinua Achebe By Dike Chukwumerije (video) / Chinua Achebe Publishes Biafran Memoir / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tribute To Chinua Achebe by Toyindebbie: 10:08pm On Mar 29, 2013
[url][/url]www.thephysicsofbeauty.com

It is highly imperative as a daughter of this soil to celebrate a man, one who gave the world a clear window through which they saw this great land, our country.

We should celebrate a man who dedicated his life to the use of his pen and who used this pen as a soldier would his gun in battle (like his life depended on it)

We have to celebrate a man who not only left his footprints on the sand of time but who left enough bookmarks for every generation to identify which print is his.

His name cuts across every generation, someone who creates common point between different civilisations
His life was lived selflessly to us hence every tribe could call him his own. He represented the new Nigeria as well as he did the old

He was an ambassador, our ambassador whose crown was indeed his pen. He carried his thoughts gallantly on paper, always crystal clear
He did not for any reason compromise because he knew what it meant to fall apart and he lived his life as an example, a show to all of us.

He is Chinua Achebe, the great one. Chinua Achebe, the name that sends you thinking. At the mention of his name, i think things fall apart, i think morning yet on creation day, i think no longer at ease, i think arrow of God, i think anthills of the savannah .

I think many stories, the stories that helped me see the generation behind, that made me understand the life before mine, that made me believe in the new Nigeria, that made me know truly that we have a voice, a voice out there on every important historical shelf of the world, the voice made possible by Chinua Achebe.

He is gone, but he lives on, there is life in all his works, he lives in every house, office, school, nation where there is a copy of any of his works.... he is Chinua Achebe, evergreen......

Re: Tribute To Chinua Achebe by tpia5: 1:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
Nice, even though he has gone too soon.

(1) (Reply)

Dan Brown's Inferno / The Unbreakable Vow (fiction In Real-life Form) / Thin Reflection : Constructive Criticism Allowed. Plz Read.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.