Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Catholic Processions Today? What Do You Make Of It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Processions Today? What Do You Make Of It? (463 Views)

The Six Catholic Seminarians Lying In State. Rip (Photo) / Muslim Norm Of Blocking Traffic During Processions (is it Islamic?) / Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Processions Today? What Do You Make Of It? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 29, 2013
Someone acting up Jesus(wtf?! undecided), some guys acting as the soldiers beating Jesus, and a group of crying women with 'mary' in their midst. I think its absolutely wrong. Nobody can be like Jesus!or maybe its just an attempt to stir up emotions and mourning for what Jesus went through?? But jeez!its absolutely unnecessary. Jesus already came, was beaten, crucified, died and rose on the third day. Why would you want to act that up as a form of mass or something? The way some members were even looking at the dude acting Jesus, was something close to reverence.i'm sure in dat moment they'd almost forgotten the real Jesus who died for their sin..and were focusing on the Jesus wannabe. Yes, at a point the procession stopped(they were close to a thousand!), all knelt down on the road, faced the Jesus wannabe and made one quick prayer, and "our Father". And i just shook my head.. Like seriously??
Its absolute nonsense, unbiblical, and a waste of time. If you're going to do anything on this day..it should be praises unto the Most High for giving us His only begotten Son who died for us to be redeemed and rose on the third day.
Well., it was fun watching them today. just like i would enjoy watching a drama or a movie..but its just not right.
Well what dyu guys think of this rite??
Re: Catholic Processions Today? What Do You Make Of It? by bunmioguns(m): 11:42pm On Mar 29, 2013
Booqee dear, I cannot say anything concerning dt because dt's their own believe cool cool

1 Like

Re: Catholic Processions Today? What Do You Make Of It? by ucforu(m): 11:46pm On Mar 29, 2013
well you are jst seeking for attentions.....................keep your opinion to yasef, but my advice is this, "Never condemn peoples faith or belief"

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Time Wasting Technique Of Penticostals. / Pray Against A World War / Purpose: Sent To Execute The Will Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.