Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc - Phones (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc (1166655 Views)

Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by coruso(m): 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
Please, I can't send mail with my Z10, please what us the way out of this?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by scarr: 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2014
justi4jesu:

ok, [b]hit the menu button and click on "show all"
and your icons should show up, maybe your icons are in the folder you created, if they are in the folder then you'll have to move them out of the folder, hope this helps[/b].
on a bb10
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cupid4ig(m): 12:27am On Jul 30, 2014
Awolowo road is back cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cupid4ig(m): 12:29am On Jul 30, 2014
samsard: @walcolm and others, pls my blackberry symbol disappeared since yesterday and i've not been able to use bbm since then despite the fact that I have an active Glo Comonth sub. I've tried my etisalat line but still no BlackBerry symbol as it would normally do when there's an active sub or credit. only able to browse currently
do a hard reset. By holding vol+ and vol- with ur power button. And send status to 777 to confirm u still have mb and finally make sure ur apn is blackberry.net
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by ametu166(m): 5:37am On Jul 30, 2014
pls I need guide on flashing leaked os on BlackBerry 10. Thanks.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by ametu166(m): 5:40am On Jul 30, 2014
scarr: u can check for ur device here, all links are working and have been compressed to d barest minimum...would advise u get a bbos and subscribe for d MTN bbcday 100 plan dat gives btw 2.5-3gb for a day.....
after loading d os just use sachesi (or any method u know of sideloading) to load d bar files in this link. http://1drv.ms/UNc35E
what are d bugs?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cupid4ig(m): 9:57am On Jul 30, 2014
ametu166: pls I need guide on flashing leaked os on BlackBerry 10. Thanks.
download the leak is version of it phone. Backup ur phone with BlackBerry Link and close the link when done. Then unzip the os that u downloaded and click on it. If u have a password setup it will ask you to put in ur password and after that just wait till it finish and the phone will restart.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by nurez305(m): 10:02am On Jul 30, 2014
Pls house, I bought my Q10 yesterday, and after I charge it full, I collected some android application which installed automatically with os 10.2.1.2102....pls my question is, do I still need to upgrade it again....if yes, why the need for that...pls your respond is highly needed
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cupid4ig(m): 10:50am On Jul 30, 2014
nurez305: Pls house, I bought my Q10 yesterday, and after I charge it full, I collected some android application which installed automatically with os 10.2.1.2102....pls my question is, do I still need to upgrade it again....if yes, why the need for that...pls your respond is highly needed
yes you need to upgrade it cos each upgrade brings an improvement and fix bugs. The latest os which is 2977 fix battery issues and improved android runtime. And other minor bugs. So upgrade if u can
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 11:03am On Jul 30, 2014
Just a general question to the house..i have never been able to understand why people have reservations about updating their OS or apps

Can anyone share with me why some people need to be convinced before they download updates and upgrades ?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by eljaye(f): 11:47am On Jul 30, 2014
Well, from a general outlook, some updates/upgrades just mess things up the more, from the simple facebook, twitter updates to os updates, there's always the fear that what if the upgrade even makes the device slower or makes using the app a little difficult.
Some people also have issues with hearsay, and once someone starts crying foul about something, the next minute panic just commences.
So it would take a whole lot to get some people to upgrade/update apps and os.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by skjade: 12:09pm On Jul 30, 2014
Pls Hw are they collecting to update Os,i mean @ business centers?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henry007(m): 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
nurez305: Pls house, I bought my Q10 yesterday, and after I charge it full, I collected some android application which installed automatically with os 10.2.1.2102....pls my question is, do I still need to upgrade it again....if yes, why the need for that...pls your respond is highly needed
don't update till 10.3.v if not you may encounter unnecessary bugs that are not worth the update. I believe nothing is wrong with yours obviously coz it came out the box like that.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by mekstaniac(m): 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
Yesterday I tried taking a picture with my Q10 front camera and it came up with the picture below. I thought a ba3 pull would fix the problem but it didn't. It's still shows this way. What do I do?

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
henry007: don't update till 10.3.v if not you may encounter unnecessary bugs that are not worth the update. I believe nothing is wrong with yours obviously coz it came out the box like that.

this is the type of misinformation that makes people think that upgrading their OS or updating their apps is bad angry

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
eljaye: Well, from a general outlook, some updates/upgrades just mess things up the more, from the simple facebook, twitter updates to os updates, there's always the fear that what if the upgrade even makes the device slower or makes using the app a little difficult.
Some people also have issues with hearsay, and once someone starts crying foul about something, the next minute panic just commences.
So it would take a whole lot to get some people to upgrade/update apps and os.

you're right to an extent but i do not know of any single upgrade or update on any OS or app that was a worldwide disaster...95% of the time, upgrades and updates makes the mobile experience better...its usually in few isolated cases that people have issues with an OS or app after a new update
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by scarr: 1:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
ametu166:
what are d bugs?
alarm and intelligent assistance doesn't work
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 1:53pm On Jul 30, 2014

Once the Update is pushed to your phone, feel free to update your OS...you will need wifi either from a router or via mobile hotspot from another phone

OS Updates improve and stabilize the features you already have and add new ones to make your mobile experience better. most times you might not even notice the difference in the old and new versions but always remember this.... if the update is not worth it, the engineers responsible for putting the update together would not have spent time and other resources to work on pushing the update out

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
skjade: Pls Hw are they collecting to update Os,i mean @ business centers?

if you want to update at a business center, it must be a center that allows wifi connection or allows you to bring your own laptop to connect to internet service

if you're able to connect to wifi directly using your phone, then you can do the update OTA. if you have to connect with your laptop, then you need to have BB Link installed on your laptop and use that program to update your phone
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by scarr: 2:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
walcolm: Just a general question to the house..i have never been able to understand why people have reservations about updating their OS or apps

Can anyone share with me why some people need to be convinced before they download updates and upgrades ?
u can simply blame it on ignorance and fear of the unknown, most Nigerians have a mentality that since its working fine for me like this I should just leave it dat way and sadly it cuts across all spheres of life not just tech. since my first upgradeable device(pc with windows xp) I have always updated to any available update and till my current 10.3.0.700 z10 upgrade, I have NEVER regretted any updates be it apps or os.......some of my friends that know how much I love updates don't allow me with dere devices for too long (esp pc with Internet connection) cos without dere permission I just update any updatable......u can say I suffer from "using old version apps/os paranoia

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by osabest10: 2:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
please guys I need help on hw I can download android apps with my 1mobile,mobogenie nd mobomarket they all stopped working since last month wen ever I try It keeps showing network connection failure bt I can actually search for apps successfully bt downloading dem is d problem am using a q10 nd am running on 2977 version....pls I need a response cuz it's giving me headache already
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by ametu166(m): 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
cupid4ig: download the leak is version of it phone. Backup ur phone with BlackBerry Link and close the link when done. Then unzip the os that u downloaded and click on it. If u have a password setup it will ask you to put in ur password and after that just wait till it finish and the phone will restart.
Ŧђɑ̈пkƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊ alot...Done

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by ametu166(m): 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
scarr: alarm and intelligent assistance doesn't work
My small phone has alarm, intelligent assistance don baff?
thanks man...I'm liking d os
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by nurez305(m): 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
henry007: don't update till 10.3.v if not you may encounter unnecessary bugs that are not worth the update. I believe nothing is wrong with yours obviously coz it came out the box like that.
that's a nice respond from you, I just came back from a center where I want to do the upgrade and the guy told me that 10.2.1.2102 which come with my phone is the latest and there is no need of upgrading it until 10.3 is officially announce.....he told me that those 10.3 that are out are the demo which can harm my phone

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henry007(m): 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
walcolm:

this is the type of misinformation that makes people think that upgrading their OS or updating their apps is bad angry
I'm sure you have seen/chosen to ignore problems that occur after updating a perfectly functioning os 10.2.1.___device. if you don't have bugs that the said update is meant to fix, would you advise one to update anyway for the sake of updating? i dont think its wise. my advice is to wait for a better os version with something new to look forward to which is the OS 10.3._____
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cupid4ig(m): 3:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
Well it's good to always upgrade ur os but sometimes some updates can mess things up. For instance the latest update 2975 and 2977 is giving a lot of z10 stl100 users a lot of problems from BBM losing connection, to phone restarting and battery heating up etc.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by scarr: 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
ametu166:
My small phone has alarm, intelligent assistance don baff?
thanks man...I'm liking d os
lol same here o, my torch light phone handles alarm pretty well
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by mekstaniac(m): 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
mekstaniac: Yesterday I tried taking a picture with my Q10 front camera and it came up with the picture below. I thought a ba3 pull would fix the problem but it didn't. It's still shows this way. What do I do?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by scarr: 4:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
cupid4ig: Well it's good to always upgrade ur os but sometimes some updates can mess things up. For instance the latest update 2975 and 2977 is giving a lot of z10 stl100 users a lot of problems from BBM losing connection, to phone restarting and battery heating up etc.
I was on 2977 before installing leak 10.3.0.700 on my stl100-1 and I didn't experience any of d problems u mentioned..
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 4:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
henry007: I'm sure you have seen/chosen to ignore problems that occur after updating a perfectly functioning os 10.2.1.___device. if you don't have bugs that the said update is meant to fix, would you advise one to update anyway for the sake of updating? i dont think its wise. my advice is to wait for a better os version with something new to look forward to which is the OS 10.3._____

the so called issues or problems are few localized instances and those are not enough to discredit the concept

it's myopic thinking tha an OS or app update will be released only to fix a few bugs affecting a small percentage of devices...Updates can impact different models of the same device differently due to the differences in the hardware make up of the different models but usually an update will also include preemptive patches for those models not impacted negatively and also bring other stuff/improvements to all models beyond the bug fix

In the case of BB10 which is the subject of this thread, different BB10 models (Z10/30/3, Q10/5, P9982) exist and they are all updated at the same time. they are run on hundreds of mobile networks in hundreds of countries with different configuration and implementation of GSM and CDMA technology....all these variables could cause different units to react differently to updates so why would heavily paid engineers spend time to release an update just to fix the bugs on less than 5% of devices in deployment?

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lordmayor4(m): 4:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
please where can i download the 10.3 for stl 100-3 ... please don\t tell me mega.. i so don't like that site.. any external link will be appreciated.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henry007(m): 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
walcolm:

the so called issues or problems are few localized instances and those are not enough to discredit the concept

it's myopic thinking tha an OS or app update will be released only to fix a few bugs affecting a small percentage of devices...Updates can impact different models of the same device differently due to the differences in the hardware make up of the different models but usually an update will also include preemptive patches for those models not impacted negatively and also bring other stuff/improvements to all models beyond the bug fix

In the case of BB10 which is the subject of this thread, different BB10 models (Z10/30/3, Q10/5, P9982) exist and they are all updated at the same time. they are run on hundreds of mobile networks in hundreds of countries with different configuration and implementation of GSM and CDMA technology....all these variables could cause different units to react differently to updates so why would heavily paid engineers spend time to release an update just to fix the bugs on less than 5% of devices in deployment?

You simply did not read my comment

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (597) (Reply)

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.