Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,115 members, 7,856,457 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 07:56 PM

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc - Phones (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc (1171452 Views)

Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by scarr: 6:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
BluePearls: For best results/performance.
1. Backup your device, do a customised backup of all your data and apps with link. Do not back settings cus restoring will result to issues.
2. Download the autoloader
3. Do a SIC wipe. This is necessary because SIC wipe, wipes all traces of the previous OS. For more info about SIC wipe and how to do it, check HERE.

Please make sure you do a backup of your phone and charge your phone at least up to 70%.
If NEPA no dey, be sure your PC can hold up to 2hrs of power.
If you're confused, please ask the guys in the house who know how to, to help you so you don't brick your phone or damage it. Good luck.
Just to chip in, too much SIC wipe damages d memory of the phone, so nldrs make sure u dont do it often
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by BluePearls(m): 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
guruvick:

thanks bro.. please after downloading how do I install it?

Make sure you do a backup first. Do a customised blackup with link. Backup your data, apps etc, but don't backup settings or the android runtime, restoring both might cause issues. But I prefer to do a fresh installation of everything.
Plug your phone to PC, extract the autoloader and run the exe file. Sit back and watch the magic. grin
I recommend doing a SIC wipe with the autoloader, but you can do a system wipe after the installation, before restoring your apps n stuff.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by BluePearls(m): 7:08pm On Aug 26, 2014
scarr: Just to chip in, too much SIC wipe damages d memory of the phone, so nldrs make sure u dont do it often

Right at about that. Must be used with caution.
The issue of wipe or no wipe before or after loading autoloaders have been debated for a while now. Some feel it's necessary while others think it's not. The whole point of doing a SIC wipe is to ensure you have a fresh phone to install on and to make sure traces or bugs of the previous OS do not cause issues for you other than the issues which comes with the installed OS.
Once again, as advised, use with caution people.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by guruvick(m): 7:54pm On Aug 26, 2014
BluePearls:

Make sure you do a backup first. Do a customised blackup with link. Backup your data, apps etc, but don't backup settings or the android runtime, restoring both might cause issues. But I prefer to do a fresh installation of everything.
Plug your phone to PC, extract the autoloader and run the exe file. Sit back and watch the magic. grin
I recommend doing a SIC wipe with the autoloader, but you can do a system wipe after the installation, before restoring your apps n stuff.

please the 1.3gb file I downloaded you didn't mention anything about it?
where will I put it for the app loader to use it after the sic wipe
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by bufness(m): 8:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
simdam500: hows the battery life so far

I've just been told not to get it new(meanwhine i want to get it new to prevent later prob with battery) cos of some battery ish wahala but my instinct still tell me the battery will be better, cos i hate it wen a phone battery is not good (which makes me lost update on nairaland) or wana travel 8hrs and befor 2hrs to d journey it off... So, how's d battery life and u got it for new right?
lol z10 gt ba3 issh tho,bt nt bad a fone
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by oseiwe(m): 9:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
tziz: dnt know wat y'all see in blackberry sha, its a rilly silly fon, imagine d Z3 I bot som days bck jst heats up while using it, even wen I put it on 2g, it still heats up n it affects my batt! den if I put it on 3G, I culd even iron a shirt wit it. dis is rilly stupid sha.
Btwn, pls cn som1 point me to where settings is on dis bbm.. I want to stop seeing wat music pple r listenin to n I dnt want pple to see mine too. Tnx. silly scrapberry!
Hahaha...just go open dry cleaning shop and use your phone as the iron, you go make am!
If you read the 'silly scrapberry' manual, you go see the way to enter settings grin

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by babtunsk(m): 10:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
Bbworld refuse to open on my q5 pls how do I go abt it.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by scarr: 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
BluePearls:

Right at about that. Must be used with caution.
The issue of wipe or no wipe before or after loading autoloaders have been debated for a while now. Some feel it's necessary while others think it's not. The whole point of doing a SIC wipe is to ensure you have a fresh phone to install on and to make sure traces or bugs of the previous OS do not cause issues for you other than the issues which comes with the installed OS.
Once again, as advised, use with caution people.
on point!!! in simpler terms, after a SIC wipe ur phone is just an ordinary material with no life..another VERY IMPORTANT WARNING, if u want to do a SIC wipe pls make sure u uninstall all uninstallable apps on d phone before SIC, implication of not doing so would result in a longer and I mean very long wipe process..take caution
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by kennyadeye: 11:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
Please, android vpn ain't working on my q10.. which vpn can I use please... please.. please
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by perry2020(f): 11:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
walcolm:

did you download them from BBWorld?
Yeah I did.wen it dint work deleted it and downloaded from one mobile market same thing av been on dis issue for months now n I desperately need dos messengers
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by perry2020(f): 11:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
cupid4ig: it's network mine works
Wev been trying it both on my fone and my bfs z10 aswell.same old story.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by samsard(m): 11:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
tziz: dnt know wat y'all see in blackberry sha, its a rilly silly fon, imagine d Z3 I bot som days bck jst heats up while using it, even wen I put it on 2g, it still heats up n it affects my batt! den if I put it on 3G, I culd even iron a shirt wit it. dis is rilly stupid sha.
Btwn, pls cn som1 point me to where settings is on dis bbm.. I want to stop seeing wat music pple r listenin to n I dnt want pple to see mine too. Tnx. silly scrapberry!
for settings on BBM, swipe from top to bottom when BBM is open. Plus I use a Z10 and it's no scrap!!!!!!!!!! Saying that is like insulting the intelligence of other BlackBerry 10 users! there is something known as defective unit.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henry007(m): 12:56am On Aug 27, 2014
hope you're not a troll coz I took my time to reply you on the other thread
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by tziz(m): 1:13am On Aug 27, 2014
henry007: hope you're not a troll coz I took my time to reply you on the other thread
Hey easy ok? it's nt a must to comment, if I didn't hav persistent problms, I won't post dis here. dyu even knw wat "troll" means? abg pack one side o!
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by tziz(m): 1:22am On Aug 27, 2014
samsard: for settings on BBM, swipe from top to bottom when BBM is open. Plus I use a Z10 and it's no scrap!!!!!!!!!! Saying that is like insulting the intelligence of other BlackBerry 10 users! there is something known as defective unit.
Thnx for d info man. And my device isn't defective, I finally fixed d heating issue by uninstalling som battery-hogging apps I installed initially n rebooting so it's fine nw. Enjoy ur Z10..
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by tziz(m): 1:34am On Aug 27, 2014
oseiwe:
Hahaha...just go open dry cleaning shop and use your phone as the iron, you go make am!
If you read the 'silly scrapberry' manual, you go see the way to enter settings grin
Lolzz, I swear I carry d fon iron my shirt, e almost burn am sef but iv fix d ish sha, d fon is perfect nw. Na wa for u o bro, pple still dey read manual dese days? esp for fon? I jst went to d normal place I find "settings" in my android's bbm n didn't see it on d bb, I tire!
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by BluePearls(m): 4:39am On Aug 27, 2014
guruvick:

please the 1.3gb file I downloaded you didn't mention anything about it?
where will I put it for the app loader to use it after the sic wipe

sorry for getting back to you late. if you havent done the installation yet, follow this simple steps without doing the SIC wipe.
do a backup as advised, plug in your phone to PC via usb, close BB-Link if its open, extract the autoloader you just downloaded and run the exe file. Let it install without any form of[b]interruption[/b], especially unplugging the phone from PC or your PC shutting down. When the installation is done, i suggest you should do a security wipe once or twice. give the phone few hours to settle in and then restore your apps and whatnot.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by holusormi(m): 5:28am On Aug 27, 2014
Pls house, I need a link to the 10.3 autoloader for Q10.. pls ejoor cool cool
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by LMAyedun(m): 5:37am On Aug 27, 2014
Pls, i plan to buy Q5 this week... I need advices. What are the advantages & disadvantages?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by justi4jesu(f): 5:50am On Aug 27, 2014
LMAyedun: Pls, i plan to buy Q5 this week... I need advices. What are the advantages & disadvantages?

Blackberry Q5 is a pretty good smartphone with a superb OS 10. It's fast, smooth and has no lag. It does not hang either (till now) even if one opens multiple applications. The screen is fairly decent in size for a comfortable viewing and the Qwerty keyboard is an added option. Overall it scores '4' star and is a good value for money. As a professional one would like it.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by BluePearls(m): 6:04am On Aug 27, 2014
holusormi: Pls house, I need a link to the 10.3 autoloader for Q10.. pls ejoor cool cool

you need to check few pages back.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by LMAyedun(m): 6:52am On Aug 27, 2014
justi4jesu:

Blackberry Q5 is a pretty good smartphone with a superb OS 10. It's fast, smooth and has no lag. It does not hang either (till now) even if one opens multiple applications. The screen is fairly decent in size for a comfortable viewing and the Qwerty keyboard is an added option. Overall it scores '4' star and is a good value for money. As a professional one would like it.
Many thanks, but Q5 supports instagram i think? + what abt the cheapest subscription for Q5 in Nigeria?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by harrysterol(m): 6:55am On Aug 27, 2014
BluePearls:

sorry for getting back to you late. if you havent done the installation yet, follow this simple steps without doing the SIC wipe.
do a backup as advised, plug in your phone to PC via usb, close BB-Link if its open, extract the autoloader you just downloaded and run the exe file. Let it install without any form of[b]interruption[/b],
especially unplugging the phone from PC or your PC shutting down. When the installation is done, i suggest you should do a security wipe once or twice. give the phone few hours to settle in and then restore your apps and whatnot.
this sound better that SIC tin is scaring me already, cos I hv downloaded the sic bt getting scared of the wipe tin again, am yet to finish downloadin d 1.4gb tin
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by BluePearls(m): 7:42am On Aug 27, 2014
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by BluePearls(m): 7:42am On Aug 27, 2014
harrysterol: this sound better that SIC tin is scaring me already, cos I hv downloaded the sic bt getting scared of the wipe tin again, am yet to finish downloadin d 1.4gb tin

Nothing scary about it grin
It does about 5 wipes when you run it. The first wipe is a nuke wipe, means it turns your phone to planet-0 grin
The rest of the wipes are just security wipes, after which it prompts you to install the OS and Radio file extracted from the autoloader.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 27, 2014
BluePearls: .

I'm buying a new Q10 today. I suppose i don't need to do a SIC wipe before Upgrading the OS right? Just dowload and run yea?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by BluePearls(m): 8:47am On Aug 27, 2014
spaxendre:

I'm buying a new Q10 today. I suppose i don't need to do a SIC wipe before Upgrading the OS right? Just dowload and run yea?

Pretty much! Do a security wipe after installation. Welcome to the BB10 family in advance grin

Oh, just in case you don't like the 10.3 OS, you can always revert to the previous OS just by downgrading with lower OS autoloader of your choice.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henry007(m): 9:01am On Aug 27, 2014
tziz:
Hey easy ok? it's nt a must to comment, if I didn't hav persistent problms, I won't post dis here. dyu even knw wat "troll" means? abg pack one side o!
you had heating problems and you were generalising like all of us do @ "what do y'all see in BlackBerry sha" and "silly scrapberry". you complained in another thread of same ish......yet I dont know what a troll is?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henry007(m): 9:04am On Aug 27, 2014
LMAyedun: Many thanks, but Q5 supports instagram i think? + what abt the cheapest subscription for Q5 in Nigeria?
supports instagram. cheapest plan is 1k for 3 gb monthly using glo
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 27, 2014
BluePearls:

Pretty much! Do a security wipe after installation. Welcome to the BB10 family in advance grin

Oh, just in case you don't like the 10.3 OS, you can always revert to the previous OS just by downgrading with lower OS autoloader of your choice.

Awesome! Thank you.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by harrysterol(m): 9:37am On Aug 27, 2014
BluePearls:

Nothing scary about it grin
It does about 5 wipes when you run it. The first wipe is a nuke wipe, means it turns your phone to planet-0 grin
The rest of the wipes are just security wipes, after which it prompts you to install the OS and Radio file extracted from the autoloader.
I saw on crackberry sme extra files like radio n d rest, do I still need does ones if I use SIC wipe? Or the autoloader wil install all does files?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by tziz(m): 9:38am On Aug 27, 2014
henry007: you had heating problems and you were generalising like all of us do @ "what do y'all see in BlackBerry sha" and "silly scrapberry". you complained in another thread of same ish......yet I dont know what a troll is?

Mhen pls! I solvd my ish myself n my fon's perfect nw buh dat doesn't change d fact dt BBs r silly!
Btwn, if ur interested in a Z3, I cn dash u mine for 30k

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (597) (Reply)

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.