Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 (1339 Views)

Before You Cast Your Vote - A Message From General Buhari / Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi / Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by mekaboy(m): 10:21am On Mar 30, 2013
Jonathan should just be ready to either park out or jump out of Aso Rock.
He should be ready to fight a unified north in 2015.
the region should be allowed to conclude its eight years and anything short of that would not be acceptable.

The Northern Elders’ Forum (NEF) has sounded a warning to President Goodluck Jonathan, telling him that he would have to contend with a unified north should he insist on seeking another term in 2015.

NEF spokesman, Prof Ango Abdullahi, gave this warning yesterday in Kaduna during an exclusive interview with our correspondent.

Commenting on why the north is putting its act together in order to present a formidable team, Abdullahi said, “We are trying now to unify our people (northerners) that have been divided along ethnic and religious lines in the last two years.

And very soon you will hear the north talking from one platform.

“President Jonathan should just be ready to either park out or jump out of Aso Rock. He should be ready to fight a unified north in 2015.”

He further expressed the group’s belief that the insurgency in the north was being fuelled as a strategy to stigmatise the region.

“From all indications, the president has already stigmatised some parts of the country as being Boko Haram, and that everything about the violence in the north must be Boko Haram, but we know that the original Boko Haram by Mohammed Yusuf is not solely responsible for all the bombings that have been taking place.

“The Boko Haram syndrome may be a strategic plan to portray the north as morally unfit to rule; it is also a strategic plan to divide the country along north and south, or along religious and ethnic lines,” he said, adding that those behind such evil act would regret their actions in due time.

Abdullahi, a former vice chancellor of the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zarai, further claimed that President Jonathan was always known as somebody who likes to take sides.

According to him, “Jonathan is only a theoretical president of Nigeria; but, practically, he has demonstrated that he is a president of a section of the country. He has always spoken in defence of his Niger Delta people. He is always fond of exonerating his people.

“You can see a president exonerating a criminal such as the October 1 bombings in 2010. He has also come out to say that Boko Haram has infiltrated his government, and that Boko Haram members are in his government, the Army, the Police and even in the Villa. This we know is a strategy to stigmatise any candidate from the north come 2015.”

On whether Jonathan should contest the 2015 presidential election, Abdullahi said, “Whether Jonathan is free to contest the 2015 election or not is the business of Bamagan Tukur; all we are hoping is that he is not speaking on behalf of the people of the north.

“If Bamagan Tukur is familiar with the history of zoning by his party since 1999, one would be surprised that Bamagan Tukur, who comes from this part of the country, is talking about Jonathan contesting election in 2015. But then, that is the business of the PDP.

The people of north would certainly take a decision to bring a consensus candidate come 2015.”
He further argued that the region should be allowed to conclude its eight years and anything short of that would not be acceptable.

“The north gave former President Olusegun Obasanjo his full eight years; it is only normal that the north should be allowed to conclude our eight years, started by the late President Umaru Yar’Adua,” he said.

On Niger State Governor Babangida Aliyu’s insistence that President Jonathan had signed a one-term agreement, Abdullahi said that the governor’s revelation may be have emanated from the pressure being mounted on the governors by the northerners.

“Thank God, Babangida has revealed that there was a pact between the governors and Jonathan that they would support him in 2011 election on condition that he will only do one term.

It is now time for other northern governors to follow suit because there will be more pressure from northerners. They have to come together and listen to the voice of the people,” he added.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/51109/2013/03/29/northern_elders_jonathan_get_ready_unified_north_2015.html

We have been looking for a way to divide Nigeria, the North has proffered a solution. So its simply if you want Nigeria to Divide or the North to have their own country, then don't vote a Northerner come 2015 lets see what will happen.

From the statement above, the North is the Landlord of Aso Rock, they rent out the sit. They allowed OBJ 8years, and are now giving Jonathan quit notice. Will Nigeria allow the North to remain landlords of aso rock? the choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by saintiyke(m): 1:08pm On Mar 30, 2013
Empty threat! North is screwed . They ain't gonna do nothing about it. Nigeria of Today is more complex than they had understood. I didn't waste my time reading through the script because i know its still the old trite.
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 30, 2013
Vote for Jonathan!!!!!!!!!!!

I have started my campainge!

In the end APC => Arewa Party of Consensus!

Look at this old man speaking from both sides of his mouth!
Jonathan is sectarian president right? Ans what does calling for a Northern President mean? How does it sound in your own ears?

I wish I can have Biafra today!
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by Alfamann: 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2013
That's it. Yorubas are voting Buhari.
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by Pizzanatty(m): 2:55pm On Mar 30, 2013
As the return officer,2015 election was contested and,I hereby declare dt mr Ebele Azikiwe Goodluck Jonathan is d winner of the 2015 Election
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by Beaf1: 2:56pm On Mar 30, 2013
This poster is so silly!

The Scumbag will surely be booted out of the Asorock come 2015.
When we vote for the Creek dude and then what? Is he going to continue his cluelessness or relinguish the seat to a better southerner? What are your plans after the divide? Is this division going to peaceful or bloody. Are you ready to fight in order to divide? Stuupit keyboard warriors.
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by karlmax2: 2:59pm On Mar 30, 2013
Beaf!:
This poster is so silly!

When we vote for the Creek dude and then what? Is he going to continue his cluelessness or surrender the post to a better southerner? What are your plans after the divide? Is this division going to peaceful or bloody. Are you ready to fight in order to divide? Stuupit keyboard warriors.
YOUR FATHER AND YOUR PAYMASTERS ARE SCUMBAGS

2 Likes

Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by CyberG: 3:03pm On Mar 30, 2013
Why are iboz so paranoid? It doesn't matter, just vote the best presidential candidate which WILL NEVER be retardeen GEJ! Don't worry about the break-up of the country for after the best candidate is voted, a lot of problems have a better chance of being addressed! Whoever will breakup the country must surmount the entire will of Nigerians and overcome the Nigerian Armed Forces.
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by Beaf1: 3:05pm On Mar 30, 2013
karl max: YOUR FATHER AND YOUR PAYMASTERS ARE SCUMBAGS

^
That's Joe's official name. Painful but there is nothing you creekfolks can do about it. Deekhead!
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by karlmax2: 3:07pm On Mar 30, 2013
CyberG: Why are iboz so paranoid? It doesn't matter, just vote the best presidential candidate which WILL NEVER be retardeen GEJ! Don't worry about the break-up of the country for after the best candidate is voted, a lot of problems have a better chance of being addressed! Whoever will breakup the country must surmount the entire will of Nigerians and overcome the Nigerian Armed Forces.
SEE HOW FOOLISH U GUYS ARE SO ANYBODY THAT SUPPORTS JONATHAN IS IBO DONT WORRY U AND UR PAYMASTERS WOULD SOON REALISE COME 2015

3 Likes

Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by karlmax2: 3:09pm On Mar 30, 2013
Beaf!:
^

That's Joe's official name. Painful but there is nothing you creekfolks can do about it. Deekhead!
THATS IS ALSO YOUR FATHERS AND UR ENTIRE FAMILY MEMBERS OFFICIAL NAME AND THEIRS NOTHING ANY BRAINWASHED SIMPLTON CAN DO AVBOUT IT
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by Beaf1: 3:13pm On Mar 30, 2013
^
Could you post in English?
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by karlmax2: 3:14pm On Mar 30, 2013
Beaf!:
^
TELL YOU SCUMBAG FATHER THAT
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by karlmax2: 3:20pm On Mar 30, 2013
Beaf!:
^
ENGLISH TEACHER I COULD POST IN ENGLISH SON OF A SCUMBAG
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by UncleJJ(m): 3:30pm On Mar 30, 2013
and the other thread said ibo people get appointments in the civil service on merit. grin

if Jonathan wants to return it should be on merit. kiss

Divide Nigeria, the east thinks it can scare the FRN with that divide nonsense. we will not allow the east live like tongue, because that is what will happen if u ever gt biafra...

FYI, Jonathan is frm my region and we no sef no like make em return, talkless of okoro .

about the north running aso rock, anybody with political sense will understand why.

the oba of benin is frm benin, and the have largest population.
queen of england is english and they have the largest population.
obama became president because the larger population wanted it so.

how can olodo jona remain, when the larger population wether ibo or Hausa suffer frm as a result off his action or inactions.

even the international community who have supported him are giving him ...the red card. ...

wether a northerner or yorubaner or a middlebelta wins ....all we want is peace bt okoro no go eva enta presidency fr ds country until the lord sayeth so. tongue

1 Like

Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by karlmax2: 3:33pm On Mar 30, 2013
UncleJJ: and the other thread said ibo people get appointments in the civil service on merit. grin

if Jonathan wants to return it should be on merit. kiss

Divide Nigeria, the east thinks it can scare the FRN with that divide nonsense. we will not allow the east live like tongue, because that is what will happen if u ever gt biafra...

FYI, Jonathan is frm my region and we no sef no like make em return, talkless of okoro .

about the north running aso rock, anybody with political sense will understand why.

the oba of benin is frm benin, and the have largest population.
queen of england is english and they have the largest population.
obama became president because the larger population wanted it so.

how can olodo jona remain, when the larger population wether ibo or Hausa suffer frm as a result off his action or inactions.

even the international community who have supported him are giving him ...the red card. ...

wether a northerner or yorubaner or a middlebelta wins ....all we want is peace bt okoro no go eva enta presidency fr ds country until the lord sayeth so. tongue
MY FRIEND UR NOT FROM THE NIGER DELTA SO STOP BLABIN

4 Likes

Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by Beaf1: 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2013
karl max: TELL YOU SCUMBAG FATHER THAT

^
Wrong again.
Do you hold PhD in Zoology and fish farming?
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by UncleJJ(m): 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2013
karl max: MY FRIEND UR NOT FROM THE NIGER DELTA SO STOP BLABIN

ha ha.... it seems ur a quack soothsayer... I am a confirmed edo boy.

you will soon say edo is not niger delta.... shocked
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by ITbomb(m): 3:43pm On Mar 30, 2013
karl max: ENGLISH TEACHER I COULD POST IN ENGLISH SON OF A SCUMBAG
I tired for english prof on Nairaland.
BTW , the only reason I will be voting for Jonny Boy is that I read somewhere that if he wins then Nigeria will be divided.
I can't wait for that to happen pls vote Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for President 2015

1 Like

Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by karlmax2: 3:46pm On Mar 30, 2013
Beaf!:

^
Wrong again.
Do you hold PhD in Zoology and fish farming?
son of a scumbag are u back? yea i do. unlike your father that holds one on a-s-slicking, i see he has been tutoring you on hoW to lick Tinubu's a-s-s,so that you can continue in your family tradition . slowpoke
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by karlmax2: 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2013
UncleJJ:

then speak for urself
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by Nextlevel0007(m): 3:49pm On Mar 30, 2013
Buharilism ....who is that over hyped Arabian monkey. Pls wake hm up after 2015 election wen dy ve swear-in GEJ
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by slimghost(m): 4:11pm On Mar 30, 2013
Sai GEJ!
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 30, 2013
This is how 2015 general elections would play out.

*GEJ hasn't even said he would run in 2015.

Anyway, if he declares his intention, and I pray and hope he does, this would be the outcome

South south= GEJ wins
South east = GEJ wins
South west. = GEJ wins ( possibly looses osun state)
North central = GEJ wins
North east. = GEJ losses, but still attains 30% of votes cast
North west. = GEJ losses, but still attains 25% of votes cast

May 29 2015, GEJ gets sworn in to do his 2nd term as nigeria's 13th president and commander of our armed forces.

We have seen tremendous improvements in GEJ's 2 years in office.

ELECTORAL PROCESS and deeping of our democracy which are pillars of any nations development. The executive/ presidency does not interfere in legislative or judicial matters, as was the norm in past regimes.

INFASTRUCTURE( POWER,RAIL,ROADS,AIRPORTS and SEA PORTS)

AGRICULTURE

DEFENCE( positioning nigeria's armed forces to meet contemporary challenges. marring indigenous technology and foreign imports to tackle local challenges)

MANUFACTURING AND FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT are up. Innoson (nnewi), PRO-FORCE (abeokuta) extra extra, just to name a few (automobile and automobile(defence) respectively) are some of the growing indigenous firms in the last 2 years that have/ continue to receive high/increased government patronage.

EDUCATION, he has budgeted more for education than any other president in the history of nigeria. Alamajiri schools

TEXTILE industries in the north are gradually picking up

SCIENCE and TECH, space and satellite technology continues to receive significant government support. We expect to see nigerian satellite launched from within our territory within the coming years, as nigerian scientists continue to develop propulsion technology and fine-tune capacity to make this a reality(NASDRA). All these cannot be done without govt. support and GEJ is making sure that things go as planned.

OIL AND GAS, the local content law is doing wonders in our oil and gas sector. Nestoil a wholly nigerian firm based in port-harcourt got awarded a $1.1 billion oil pipeline contract in 2012, to be executed on behalf of shell.

Niger-dock in lagos, built two(2) massive oil rigs in lagos for elf and mobil oil exploration company, project already delivered, worth billions of dollars.

These are just 2 high profile examples out of the hundreds of deals executed by nigerian firms, which would in the past, have be given to foreign firms to execute.

Draw back= stalling of PIB in the senate.

CORRUPTION, I do have to score the president low on corruption. However what is worthy of note is that, these cases of corruption were duly taken to the courts by the arms of the executive (EFCC, ICPC, CCB et al), the courts in nigeria have shown utter incompetence in dealing with these offences(nders). Corruption requires a three(3) throng approach, the EXECUTIVE, LEGISLATURE and JUDICIARY to effectively deal with. So ordinarily the president should not be blamed for the short comings of the court.

However, the president takes the fall, as at the end of the day, the buck stucks with him.

At the end of the day people would make multiple statements, come on-line rant till their throats sour and fingers develop blisters, as was the case before the elections in 2011. however what matters at the end of the day, would be election day. Come election day, GEJ would be triumphant. He just needs to continue fixing power supply vigorously as he is doing, and mark my words even abubaka shekau( boko-haram leader) would vote for him on election day.

GEJ 2015!!!! Aso rock occupied till 2019.

5 Likes

Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by Onlytruth(m): 4:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
UncleJJ:

Your attempt at preemptive attack will not work. You've said the truth yourself with the bolded words. It is a gambit, but smart folks don't fall for gambits.

Personally, I believe that "SS" or "Niger Delta" is one of the biggest political traps in Nigeria. Only fools will be caught by that trap.

My political sense tells me that you are really in the camp of Western Nigeria when the chips finally fall where they may in Nigeria's struggle for political stability. Your political maneuvers here gives you away!

GEJ knows where his real political base is.
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by ITbomb(m): 4:30pm On Mar 30, 2013
Henry120:
Come election day, GEJ would be triumphant. He just needs to continue fixing power supply vigorously as he is doing, and mark my words even abubaka shekau( boko-haram leader) would vote for him on election day.

GEJ 2015!!!! Aso rock occupied till 2019.

Nice analysis , but the mantra that will convince Nigerians is if he keep to his words by June and deliver on power . That alone will bring millions of votes and as usual even when there is mago mago, people will turn a blind eye cos GEJ is winning and there is power
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by Onlytruth(m): 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2013
I will not vote for a Northerner for a totally different reason, and it is that there is nothing in Northern Nigeria that tells me that the best president would likely come from there. This is 21st century. If Imo State can produce more JAMB candidates than North West (the North's biggest geopolitical region), then I would pick Nigeria's president from Imo State first, before I pick any from the North West.

In my book, education is CRITICAL to 21st century leadership. This is not 19th century.

So, if the North insist on producing the president, or Nigeria would break, I say I wish them God's speed in their new republic! cool

2 Likes

Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by binumar2005: 5:22pm On Mar 30, 2013
9ja won't be wat u think.
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by PointB: 6:23pm On Mar 30, 2013
Not a bad idea op.
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by omiobo: 6:35pm On Mar 30, 2013
@OP,you don try. In politics,deception is very important but Nigerians are now wise. I will advice to try more,maybe you can develop new device to win Votes for PDP.
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by dokia: 8:12pm On Mar 30, 2013
Naija.....new year...same BS smiley
Re: If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 by Dede1(m): 8:28pm On Mar 30, 2013
Beaf!:
This poster is so silly!

When we vote for the Creek dude and then what? Is he going to continue his cluelessness or relinguish the seat to a better southerner? What are your plans after the divide? Is this division going to peaceful or bloody. Are you ready to fight in order to divide? Stuupit keyboard warriors.

Was there no gunfight in Nigeria before now? What makes you feel that history can not and will not repeat itself? If not voting for candidate from northern region of Nigeria tantamount to disintegration of Nigeria, I say let the election be held tomorrow. Why wait for 2015?

(1) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu -Declaration of State of Emergency by the President is Unacceptable! / Nigerian Lawmakers Are Highest Paid In The World! / Was Pastor Bakare Right About GEJ And PEJ ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.