Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Talking ATM In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Talking ATM In Nigeria (10370 Views)

15 Tips To Avoid Being Robbed When Using ATM In Nigeria / Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. / ATM in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by stolenstone: 2:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
but our conventional ATM's have jackpots for earphones! That could be of help sha. Although a machine with braille characters will be a noble concept though. I dont think i've seen such machines in naija sha
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by nagoma(m): 2:14pm On Apr 02, 2013
Godmother: I dnt think Nigeria is that advanced yet. Even the atms we have for people with eyes aren't even functioning properly, let alone atm for d blind

We have such ATM machines in Nigeria. They say;

"please wait while your transaction is processing " and then;

"Thank you for banking with us".
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by dulphines: 2:15pm On Apr 02, 2013
"Please wait while your transaction is processing...n" Is that the kind of machine talk you mean?
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by midow4life: 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2013
leastpay: Please which banks deploy a talking ATM for it blind customers in nigeria?
For security reason some banks deactivate d audio of their ATM,so passer by,crimanal etc will not be alerted by the talking machine
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by remarkD(m): 2:26pm On Apr 02, 2013
My guy... so you want the machine to read out the numbers the blind person is punching in? rofl... as you said, itonly requires a few phrases to "guide" the user, the number 5 on the keypad usually has a dot on it, which is enough to rient and guide the person to where other numbers are situated.
if ATM will "talk" out lound my PIN, abeg free me from that ATM lol.
lillyveezy: Those of u saying UBA ATM talks,did u pay attention to the post?He/She means enough audio to guide the blind.He does not mean the ones that says"Welcom,pls enter ur secret number..."How the blind go come punch nawh?wat of the denomination part,does our ATM tell u anything?Abeg this is a good biz opportunity.just promote it and it sales.

1 Like

Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by Ikbobby(m): 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2013
PLS THERE'S NOTHING LIKE '' ATM MACHINE'' ...ATM Already means automated teller ''Machine''..... angry
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by Richard2010(m): 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2013
Dat tin na WASH;-(
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2013
leastpay: Please which banks deploy a talking ATM for it blind customers in nigeria?

ANY MAN IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH A NAIJA BABE IS AN AUTOMATIC TALKING, WALKING, BREATHING, SHITTING ATM
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by Richard2010(m): 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2013
Ik-bobby:
PLS THERE'S NOTHING LIKE '' ATM MACHINE'' ...ATM Already means automated teller ''Machine''..... angry
Dats nt d point the person is trying 2 make.MR ENGLISH.

1 Like

Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by Seyixyz: 3:43pm On Apr 02, 2013
Der is oh..Ma gurlfrend
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by RedLight1: 3:47pm On Apr 02, 2013
MuyiGL:

it has nothing to do with advancement. A lot of ATMs in the UK don't have voice guide either. It's more about awareness or creating an alternative for blind people, like they do in the UK
u dey mind some unexposed people that just have cheap access to the internet to say anytin as they cum to their anus

1 Like

Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by tlops(m): 3:50pm On Apr 02, 2013
mxxpunkxx!:

Bank PHB (now Keystone) . . Bank Platinum Habib Bank grin grin grin
The first "bank" here is a verb. The name of the bank was PHB. Bank PHB is just a slogan asking you to bank with PHB!
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by Creamish(f): 4:15pm On Apr 02, 2013
lillyveezy: Those of u saying UBA ATM talks,did u pay attention to the post?He/She means enough audio to guide the blind.He does not mean the ones that says"Welcom,pls enter ur secret number..."How the blind go come punch nawh?wat of the denomination part,does our ATM tell u anything?Abeg this is a good biz opportunity.just promote it and it sales.

How did the blind man get to d ATM? . . .same assistance can be used.

1 Like

Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by raeez(m): 4:29pm On Apr 02, 2013
ajos:
e be lyk say u too get d experience....how cums u knw how d 'chicken colour go be before d egg hatch'.......nawawo na ur target be dis....withdraw i snatch.....?
when u no be jjc for nigeria ow u no go know
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by binhozie(m): 5:09pm On Apr 02, 2013
UBA atm dey talk na. . .
E dey talk dey cough sef. . .

1 Like

Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by OmolodMilkman93(m): 5:29pm On Apr 02, 2013
EcoBank in Choba has talking ATMs
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by OmolodMilkman93(m): 5:35pm On Apr 02, 2013
tlops:
The first "bank" here is a verb. The name of the bank was PHB. Bank PHB is just a slogan asking you to bank with PHB!
UBA bank nko Abi d bank afta d UBA is an adverb describing d verb UBA Leave english for d white men oh jare and stop describing wat u ursef are confused abt
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by Creamish(f): 5:36pm On Apr 02, 2013
. .
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by Creamish(f): 5:38pm On Apr 02, 2013
tlops:

shocked . . . watz ur source biko? LMAO!! noting wey person no go hear sha . . grin
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by folahann(m): 10:34pm On Apr 02, 2013
You want my comment? Please wait while your transaction is processing.
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by chucky234(m): 4:22am On Apr 03, 2013
Afam4eva: UBA and ZENITH bank have talking ATMs.
You are a fat liar,maybe you should check the difference between singing and talking.
Those ATM at Zenith and UBA displays the banks' advert but don't give operational instructions except when you are done withdrawing it say "take you card thank you" or "says wait for your transaction is processing" after selecting your transaction and clicking the proceed button.
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by chucky234(m): 4:27am On Apr 03, 2013
tlops:
PHB a slogan? Where is this goon coming,you have been living under Olumo rock not to know Habib Nigeria Bank Ltd with its head office back then at Keffi/Manuwa road in Ikoyi and Platinum Bank Ltd headed by Prof. Pat Utomi before both banks merged to form PHB (now Keystone bank) which stands for PlatinumHabib Bank.
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by chucky234(m): 4:27am On Apr 03, 2013
tlops:
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by joe4christ(m): 9:15am On Apr 03, 2013
[size=15pt]The one i used yestarday while transacting was actually singing one of TONTO DIKEH's song, i've actually forgotten the name of that her song self.... Ehm, not too worry, it was actually entertaining, u know what am saying huh?
[/size]
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by jba203: 9:41am On Apr 03, 2013
Go to South Africa if you want to experience it. Any drive through ATM in Nija?
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by Creamish(f): 9:41am On Apr 03, 2013
chucky234: PHB a slogan? Where is this goon coming,you have been living under Olumo rock not to know Habib Nigeria Bank Ltd with its head office back then at Keffi/Manuwa road in Ikoyi and Platinum Bank Ltd headed by Prof. Pat Utomi before both banks merged to form PHB (now Keystone bank) which stands for PlatinumHabib Bank.

" I juss tire 4 d bros" is a total understatement. . since when did the word "bank" become a VERB?? grin . . slogan . . lolz . . BTW, u sound like a staff sha . cheesy
Re: Talking ATM In Nigeria by tallfact: 10:02am On Apr 03, 2013
[quote author=stolen stone]but our conventional ATM's have jackpots for earphones! That could be of help sha. Although a machine with braille characters will be a noble concept though. I dont think i've seen such machines in naija sha

You are right about that, Diebold ATM comes with earphone jack and braille for blind customers on its pin pad. All that is require is to upgrade the application that runs on the machines.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Make Money Online / NCC Closes First Bank Branch Ibadan Over Illegal Internet Use / How To Manage A Startup Business Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.