Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,444 members, 7,958,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:28 PM

Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? (15749 Views)

Oliseh Works On As A Match Analyst On Dortmund Vs Liverpool Europa Game / Best Soccer Prediction Site In D World With 96% Accuracy, Tested And Trusted / The Best Soccer Playing Brothers You Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by emmydee(m): 3:45pm On Apr 02, 2008
We really dont have good ones yet but the guys at Brila are so far the best in the country. Mitchel and many others are too slow. Football is a noisy sport and should not be analyzed as though its the game of chase. well maybe I may be looking at commentries. Even if it's analysis, their dressing most times is too poor.
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by Truequest(m): 4:24pm On Apr 02, 2008
Mitchel Obi, Larry Izamoje n Charles Anazodo not forgetting Bimbo Adeola
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by akinalabi(m): 5:51pm On Apr 02, 2008
In Nigeria? None of them.

Worldwide? Andy Gray, Tommy Smyth and Alan Hansen.
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by dinozzo(m): 2:16am On Apr 03, 2008
Mike Maiyaki
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by ndubest(m): 9:27am On Apr 03, 2008
Its seems this forum is for fans of NTA, AIT, BRILLA, RAY POWER and STV

whats of Delta TV grin grin, Harrison Ocholor and Sylvester eehhh

may be will should be including the station against the names of the analyst smiley smiley

Okay for me

Mike Mayaki is very good if he is commenting on EPL esp with Man U

Mitchel Obi is good too

larry zhanmoje is good at prolonging presentations with long and "dragging" grammar cheesy cheesy

Charles Anazodo is tooooo pro-chelsea for an analyst

In my opinion, SEASONED analysts should not tell us they are fans of this team or that team (AT LEAST ON AIR)
because that way we will never see their analysis as objective but passionately biased

you can always tip a team to win based on available stats but passionately supporting a team against clear odds is not analysis (EVEN THE GUYS ON SUPER SPORTS DO THE SAME THING, wish makes the analysis emotional instead of objective)

may be we should take cue from BBC and ESPN analysts
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by princerich: 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2008
How come evbdyhas 4goten Charles Anazodo? I think Charles Anazodo, Deji Omotoyinbo, Kayode Solaja and Mike Maiyaki are the masters. Godwin is always subjective and addicted to Man Utd and C.Ronaldo to be interesting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by princerich: 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2008
How come evbd yhas 4goten Charles Anazodo?

I think Charles Anazodo, Deji Omotoyinbo, Kayode Solaja and Mike Maiyaki are the masters.

Godwin is always subjective and addicted to Man Utd and C.Ronaldo to be interesting.
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by tholuosa2: 4:32pm On Apr 03, 2008
If we are talking analysts, i think you guys should try and check out Deji Omotoyinbo and Deji Tinubu.
Mike M. is also good too, but i definitely dislike Charles Anazodo, the guy thinks he knows, but he don't know jack!!! I for yab am now if not for his fine wife,
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by vikiviko(m): 4:49pm On Apr 03, 2008
Big Larry is a big CEO now, so he's not too involved in presenting like b4, but he wonderful.
Mitchel obi the master, he's wonedrful.
Deji omoyinbo and Deji Tinubu indepth analysis on Cool fm is second to known on radio.
Godwin Enakhena of LTV is good but sometimes he is too pro united when analysing.
Wale scot is too concerned with his diction and pronounciation.
Jide Alabi is just learning the ropes.
Charles Anazodo is ok.
Mike maiyaki to me is the best soccer analyst on TV
Effiong Nyong is great, he's vast not only on soccer but othet sports.
Spiff sagbama is sports business guru.
Bimbo Adeola is left Brila , but he's was the best on Radio.
Not to forget the speed tongue, femi fasetire.
Am sure you will all agree with me that , Nigeria has wonderful soccer analyst comapred to others anywhere in the world.
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by babakura(m): 7:55pm On Apr 03, 2008
I think Kayode Tijani repping d old school n Godwin "controversial" Enakhena for da new school of sports analysts
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by solazo: 9:55pm On Apr 03, 2008

I THINK IT HAS TO BE;

1. EMEKA NWANI
2. DEJI OMOTOYINBO
3. BIMBO ADEOLA
4. CHARLES ANAZODO , and
5. MITCHEL OBI
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by tobaaro(m): 11:07pm On Apr 03, 2008
I think Deji Omotoyinbo is quite sensitive and Intelligent!

He passes 4 d best Analyst on air for me!! tongue

Mitchel Obi sucks wt alld "PEAK-ing"
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by McOmo(m): 12:55am On Apr 04, 2008
akinalabi:

In Nigeria? None of them.

Worldwide? Andy Gray, Tommy Smyth and Alan Hansen.

foreign mentality

abi na kolo-mentality tongue grin
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by debosky(m): 12:59am On Apr 04, 2008
Radio would be - Larry Izamoje

but on TV? The Aficionado himself Godwin Dudu-Orumen cool

some other good ones include Boye Olusanya (featured on some NTA transmission of world cup games)

but there is this Igbo dude I can't remember his name, not too tall, dark - dude has a strong accent but is VERY knowledgeable in his stuff, also appeared on NTA.
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by blackiliev: 4:38am On Apr 04, 2008
How can I become an analyst please
I would love to do something im passionate about
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by vikiviko(m): 8:58am On Apr 04, 2008
Want to be a sport presenter, go drop your cv at cool fm 96.9 .

Better still listen to cool fm sport betweem 7.45- 8.00 on monday and tuesday to get all the infos.
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by vikiviko(m): 9:02am On Apr 04, 2008
Bimbo Adeola now has a programme MEGASPORT on Star fm 101.5

The top striker is back.

Where is Emeka ODIGBO, SAM JOHN and ALPHONSEUS IHEANACHO?
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by akynzee(m): 3:31pm On Apr 04, 2008
Person wey no know Godwin Enakena ,Charles Anazodo, and little Kelechi Bernard dont know anything about sports generally in Nigeria cos we get the updated info from them and their programmes, if u no believe me stay tuned to Metro Fm from 1-2pm mondays to friday or watch ltv 8 lagos to see who godwin be!

boths stations are in lagos, so u bush people no fit locate am, if u cant find the stations, U LIVE IN THE BUSH!
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by tunanpa: 4:49pm On Apr 04, 2008
On radio i think is MICTHEL OBI,SIMPLY marvellous.wale scott,bimbo adeola,godwin enaheana all are good.but i like KAYODE TIJANI now in uk.he's just wonderful.
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by Hawkeye(m): 11:09pm On Apr 04, 2008
Deji Omotoyinbo and Deji Tinubu.
are
the
best
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by amdaysol(m): 7:14pm On Apr 05, 2008
Deji Omotoyinbo, Deji Tinubu and Godwin Dudu-Orumen

The best program on radio is on cool fm 7.45 am on weekdays
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by Boboye: 10:19am On Apr 07, 2008
Guys there is a difference between a soccer analyst and a soccer presenter. I guess an understanding of that would throw many of the guys u have named out of it. Anaysts give facts, figures, commentaries, tactics, trends and possible outcomes of matches. Mike Mayaki, Collins Udoh, Emeka Anyadike, Deacon Ayo Ositelu are soccer analysts. Tommy Smith, Darek Rae, Peter Riley, and the guys at Supersport are renowned worldwide.
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by CHIMSKY(m): 1:28pm On Apr 08, 2008
in my view,channels tv's joseph esenwa is the best analyst around.and you can quote me anywhere.chima
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by deola1(m): 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2008
akynzee
Person wey no know Godwin Enakena ,Charles Anazodo, and little Kelechi Bernard don't know anything about sports generally in Nigeria because we get the updated info from them and their programmes, if u no believe me stay tuned to Metro Fm from 1-2pm mondays to friday or watch ltv 8 lagos to see who godwin be!

boths stations are in lagos, so u bush people no fit locate am, if u can't find the stations, You LIVE IN THE BUSH!

u got it Man cheesy that's da fact.
Kelechi is my Man in there. but i don't have their no yet
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by CHIMSKY(m): 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2008
i still insist if u neva hear from ladi akeredolu -ale,baarong etta,or olumide macaulay on channelsports ,then u neva start.chima
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by rite2salas(m): 5:52pm On Apr 08, 2008
Mumuni Alao
Akinloye Oyebanji grin
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by McOmo(m): 6:45pm On Apr 08, 2008
what of Fabio Lanipekun of the old generation undecided

and my good friend Wole Opatola of the younger generation cheesy
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by wormedup(m): 12:37pm On Apr 09, 2008
RAZORR !!!!!!!!!!! lipsrsealed grin
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by Ibrahym(m): 12:56am On Apr 11, 2008
Wots wrong with u guys!

there is a difference between
- football analyst and
- football information presenter and/or provider

Of course, u should also have good information on history at times for scenario analysis, etc, but how much of in depth game analysis do u do and understand, don't u watch football analysts in Europe

I think Mike Maiyaki is right there at the top!!!

1 Like

Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by walaky(m): 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2008
MIKE MAIYAkI no doubt, i have a older Friend that don't like watching footbball but when mike is on he is always glued to the TV, is spoken english is awesome no sentiment attached.
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by Fimmy(m): 1:42pm On Apr 13, 2008
and why on earth is my name not on the list?
Re: Best Soccer Analyst On Radio/TV? by frankoko(m): 6:59pm On Apr 14, 2008
hmmmm i wonder why AMAR IGNIS is not on that list u guys dont understand wat is means to do presentation and commentary well i think the best guys on sports are still on 88.9 BRILA FM, I just found out the bimbo adeola went to star fm mega sports and transfered brila style to star fm sad na wah but brila still gives the best when it comes to sports and breaking news in sports
out men

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kanu Shares His Joy Over A Successful Operation Of A Kid In His Foundation / Ohale Scores, Oshoala, Chikwelu In Action As Barca Edge Madrid / Super Falcons Thrash New Zealand 3-0, Extend Winning Streak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.