Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

What Factors Influences Ones Decision To Change His Religion ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Factors Influences Ones Decision To Change His Religion ? (835 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / The End Of The Credibility Of Tbaba And His Religion / Did Ozil Really Get Into A Fight With Villa Because He Insulted His Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Factors Influences Ones Decision To Change His Religion ? by tobechi20(m): 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2013
i have heard stories of people who changed their religion, and have examined the factors which influences their decision. notable among them are

ENVIRONMENT ; this greatly affect our lifestyle. a catholic who is surrounded by protestants has a higher tendency to become a protestant than one whose immediate environment is predomonantly catholics

EDUCATION ; the more you know more, the more likely you are to change. logic boy was a christian until he started reading about history of christianity and their role in nigeria. this made him change his religon.

one who knows about different religion is in batter position to move to any of them after much deliberation than onw who is not. an illiterate would rather remain in his belief .

PERSONAL ATTACHMENT ; one who has a fundamental role to play in his religion has less tendency to migrate than one who is just a floor mamber. hence , it is difficult for a general oversser, bishop or native doctor to change than a mere member.

MARRIAGE ; most people change their religion because of their loved ones. most especially girls are guilty of this. however, they go back to their previous religion as time goes on.

these are the few i deduted. add urs
Re: What Factors Influences Ones Decision To Change His Religion ? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 30, 2013
Good evening Tobe,

Other factors that inspire an individual to change his or her religion includes:

1) Revelation from God: Some persons have been very fortunate to have been directly inspired by God to know where the truth is. I mean those with genuine revelations like the one Apostle Paul had, which prompted him to change from Judaism to Christianity.

2) Personal studies and openess to the truth: This is quite different from the kind LB had cause I won't really tag LB's change as a change in religion. It's more or less like a change from being a 'Church goer' to becoming irreligious.

I am thinking more in line with say: a protestant who changed from protestantism to Catholicism through personal studies of sacred scriptures and an openess to the Spirit free from any form of bias. Scott Hahn had this kind of change. Though his is not really a change in religion but more of a change in denomination.

However, the same thought process can be followed from one who changes from Islam to Christinity through personal studies and an openess to God's spirit.

3) Personal Bias: Some persons actually change because they feel betrayed by the religion they are leaving behind. A typical example is the guy who said 'he is tired' simply because he feels God does not want to answer his prayers. He now considers even satanism as a means to appease his bias.

Thank you!
Re: What Factors Influences Ones Decision To Change His Religion ? by ooman(m): 5:08pm On Mar 30, 2013
^^^delusions.

The only reason people change their religions is because their religions dont work and they continually look for what works.

what works is hardwork. God is a total waste of time
Re: What Factors Influences Ones Decision To Change His Religion ? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 30, 2013
ooman: ^^^delusions.

The only reason people change their religions is because their religions dont work and they continually look for what works.

Good evening ooman,

Well, your thought on the matter is quite interesting and I believe it comes under reason number 3 I gave up there. Personal bias!

#Any lazy person is hardly a Christian!
Re: What Factors Influences Ones Decision To Change His Religion ? by okosodo: 5:48pm On Mar 30, 2013
When 1 set of people have being killing the others, without retaliation from the ones being killed. One day, the killers will know that their religion is a killing religion and will change
Re: What Factors Influences Ones Decision To Change His Religion ? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:50pm On Mar 30, 2013
The most important factor that will influence you to change religions is REASON.. in a strange way when one is faced with strong convictions about the validity of his Faith and it stands un-proven.. one considers or seeks answers elsewhere.. usually the closest religion with similarities to the one has has issues with.
Some things one must not give in to is FEAR, GUILT and SHAME. where these 3 exists you have seeds of a Religion with falsehood buried deep within it or Preached with a deep sense of deceit
Re: What Factors Influences Ones Decision To Change His Religion ? by tobechi74: 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2013
striktlymi: Good evening Tobe,

Other factors that inspire an individual to change his or her religion includes:

1) Revelation from God: Some persons have been very fortunate to have been directly inspired by God to know where the truth is. I mean those with genuine revelations like the one Apostle Paul had, which prompted him to change from Judaism to Christianity.

2) Personal studies and openess to the truth: This is quite different from the kind LB had cause I won't really tag LB's change as a change in religion. It's more or less like a change from being a 'Church goer' to becoming irreligious.

I am thinking more in line with say: a protestant who changed from protestantism to Catholicism through personal studies of sacred scriptures and an openess to the Spirit free from any form of bias. Scott Hahn had this kind of change. Though his is not really a change in religion but more of a change in denomination.

However, the same thought process can be followed from one who changes from Islam to Christinity through personal studies and an openess to God's spirit.

3) Personal Bias: Some persons actually change because they feel betrayed by the religion they are leaving behind. A typical example is the guy who said 'he is tired' simply because he feels God does not want to answer his prayers. He now considers even satanism as a means to appease his bias.

Thank you!
true talk,
Re: What Factors Influences Ones Decision To Change His Religion ? by tobechi74: 1:24pm On Mar 31, 2013

hmm, d question could also mean, what factors influence ur decisiƶn from change to been atheist
Re: What Factors Influences Ones Decision To Change His Religion ? by tobechi74: 1:26pm On Mar 31, 2013

Re: What Factors Influences Ones Decision To Change His Religion ? by FlyinSaucer: 2:30pm On Mar 31, 2013
Knowledge coupled with Reason. At least we know now dat d earth is round n dat it is not d center of d universe. I doubt if some of d gods pple worship knw dis simple fact.
Re: What Factors Influences Ones Decision To Change His Religion ? by tobechi20(m): 10:40am On Apr 07, 2013
Flyin' Saucer:
Knowledge coupled with Reason. At least we know now dat d earth is round n dat it is not d center of d universe. I doubt if some of d gods pple worship knw dis simple fact.
Re: What Factors Influences Ones Decision To Change His Religion ? by ooman(m): 3:01pm On Apr 07, 2013
tobechi74: hmm, d question could also mean, what factors influence ur decisiƶn from change to been atheist

I found the truth of evolution. I discovered that there is no intelligent control in nature. I found that nature is both autogenic and autotelic.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!!! Ufo Alien Disclosure By Canadian Minister Of Defense May 2013 / Sanusi Freeze Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches / Catholic Priest Shoots Self While Cleaning Gun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.