Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

A Refined Experience With Etisalat Customer Service - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / A Refined Experience With Etisalat Customer Service (647 Views)

A Nairalander's Experience With MTN Customer's Care / The Modification with Etisalat that suits your lifestyle. / Browsing With Etisalat On PC Using Hsdpa Universal Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Refined Experience With Etisalat Customer Service by chukxy44(m): 5:38pm On Mar 30, 2013
One thing that is certainly not new when it has to do with the services of Telecom companies in Nigeria is the constant bashing that is usually unleashed on them for poor services.
My BIS service has not been available since the early hours of Friday, I had waved it off as the usual network flux and hope it would fix it self. Fast forward to this morning (Saturday) the service is yet to be restored apart from the few pings that dropped (Belated messages) and the few DP n PM update which proves that my BIS was still far from expired noting else, my mails weren't dropping and the internet services was still not functioning.

At this point I decided to make the long shot by calling the customer service center. I anticipated the long delays but my expectation was cut short when it was picked up within a few minutes spoke to a guy who after running through my details gave a 30mins time line. More than an hour am still not back online decided to make the second call, this time a lady picked gave me a few notes on self service reset with an assurance that all said and done would be back online in real time. Two hours late I decided to make the third which would determine the fata of my phone (I guess it was time I changed it), this time another lady picked after severally apologies, did a few checks before referring the complaints to Data Service engineers for prompt resolution with a promise to keep me updated. Just before she hung up she promised a small compensation for the inconveniences.

Indeed they have finally restored my BIS service and have also parted with 6mins, 5 free SMS and 2 days extension on my BIS. Was really expecting any compensation (this is Nigeria for heave sake) were any thing and everything is acceptable, I simply wanted my service restored.

Now this might not justify all the wrongs of Telecom operators in Nigeria but certainly its worth my sincere commendation.

To the wonderful CS Team @ Etisalat thank you.
Re: A Refined Experience With Etisalat Customer Service by chukxy44(m): 7:01pm On Mar 30, 2013
Does anyone has a similar experience?
Re: A Refined Experience With Etisalat Customer Service by Coldblooded(m): 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] I believe that customer care representatives should be friendly and polite in line with their codes of conduct.But OP,pls what's the data allowance of etisalat bis, I subscribed yesterday and it's been superfast but I'm still afraid of the data usage? I mean the monthly complete plan(1,500). Pls reply!

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Phones Needed,price(9-10k) / Bb Bold 5 9900 For Sale At 35k / SOLD !!! Best Deal:bld 5 @ 30k.wit Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.