Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,953 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Olusegun Obasanjo vs Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusegun Obasanjo vs Goodluck Jonathan (8355 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Lands In Maiduguri For A 2-day Working Visit.. See Photos / My Fears For Buhari’s Change Agenda - Olusegun Obasanjo / Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo vs Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 31, 2013
ballabriggs:

If you were intelligent enough you will see I linked my op on OBJs "legacy" to what sychophant's under Jonathan want to force down our throat. Now shift if you have nothing to say.
U just won this case...make dem shift if demma short of wordzz .....!!

cool
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo vs Goodluck Jonathan by Pukkah: 5:31pm On Mar 31, 2013
Itoroetti :

Mumu at its highest point.see what sentiment has done to u. A pity for u.so obj 8year reign without power was an achievement after embezzling chunk amount of money on d said project?what did he do to our rail sector?what happen to the lagos- ore express way that has killed many?which agriculture sector did he reformed apart from his ota farm?why are u people so biase that u can't read in between lines?

Come back when you can do better than insults, awkward reasoning and poor grammar.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo vs Goodluck Jonathan by ballabriggs: 10:45am On Apr 01, 2013
donroxy: U just won this case...make dem shift if demma short of wordzz .....!!

cool

Yes O my brother, Kick Out Siddon Look 2015.

Bottom line is, it is still mediocrity, however, I never thought mediocrity will be taken to the level Jona has taken it to.

Kick Out Siddon Look 2015!
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo vs Goodluck Jonathan by Gbawe: 11:39am On Apr 01, 2013
ballabriggs:

Yes O my brother, Kick Out Siddon Look 2015.

Bottom line is, it is still mediocrity, however, I never thought mediocrity will be taken to the level Jona has taken it to.

Kick Out Siddon Look 2015!

GEJ is an absolute disgrace. Granted OBJ and Yar Adua were bad but the current President takes mediocrity and worthless leadership to a cringe-worthy level. When not openly scamming the Nation via the fuel subsidy mago-mago, using crooks him and Allison-Madueke issued marketers licence to, GEJ is granting pardon to corrupt crooks whose actions are the embodiment of what is killing our Nation. He has more or less deliberately killed our effort to refine crude optimally conceding our refineries into the hands of the home of grand corruption i.e the NNPC for 2 years. The NNPC itself, given its pivotal importance to the main income generation of Nigeria, remains deliberately unreformed , hideously corrupt and as non-transparent as possible. A glorified cartel when similar in other Nations are beacons of national productivity, efficiency and institutional uprightness.

That is another thing. The strengthening of our institution, as demanded by Obama and absolutely essential for Nigeria to grow as a nation similar to others, is in tatters under GEJ. Crooks like Anenih and Adoke Bello are gleefully deployed everywhere to head influential institutions. Pension scammers, the most wicked and inhumane of scams, openly given fines when a decent President would appreciate that his government must be seen to typify what builds great nations - the notion of appropriate punishment to deter and discourage evil behaviour that destroys societies and bastardizes mentality/values/standards !!!!

Noteworthy also is what GEJ chose to do with a problem experts worldwide warn will keep Nigeria underdeveloped regardless of whatever else is being done correctly. Our undesirably high recurrent expenditure running at around 70% when for most nations it is in single digit. Mr. Fresh air could only come out with more or less an endorsement of the status quo via saying "leaner government not possible". Till today, almost two years after that announcement, leaner Government remains "impossible" as a show of gradualist garbage and compromised leadership.

My brother, this is why I no longer have time for these "GEJ is working" charlatans. Obvious many of them only understand sycophancy and the nauseating worship of mediocrity. They bask in the innate dishonesty that makes them unable to accept that GEJ is doing nothing to improve our most fundamentally damaging problems. There are issues, if not fundamentally tackled robustly, that will ensure Nigeria will never develop. In fact, GEJ is worsening our greatest headaches.

Every PDP President since 1999 fails woefully in regards to those troubling issues because they deliberately want to fail as per the proviso of their Party limited to an agreement that fundamental problems must never be tackled. These problems will continue crippling the nation while enriching a few in the grotesque patronage system of Nigerian politics. This is the plan for the ruling Party and it will always shop for a President "amenable" to that plan. In other words, a business-as-usual mediocrity Like OBJ, Yar Adua and now GEJ.

Worshippers of mediocrity are a waste of space and their opinion does not matter because those id1ot will celebrate GEJ using pink toilet roll instead of white. Intelligent, knowledgeable and well-exposed Nigerians will know that we are yet to have an effective President vis a vis an individual who can tackle fundamental problems and reform the Nation genuinely, holistically and optimally. So far, GEJ is the worst of these mediocrities.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo vs Goodluck Jonathan by VolvoS60(m): 1:42pm On Apr 01, 2013
Itoroetti :

Mumu at its highest point.see what sentiment has done to u. A pity for u.so obj 8year reign without power was an achievement after embezzling chunk amount of money on d said project?what did he do to our rail sector?what happen to the lagos- ore express way that has killed many?which agriculture sector did he reformed apart from his ota farm?why are u people so biase that u can't read in between lines?

^^^^ grin grin grin

Sir,

You wouldn't understand the sarcasm in Pukkah's post even if it came up to you and asked to have your babies.

If you can't figure out that pukkah considers GEJ and OBJ to be two sides of the same bad coin of failure, then I'm afraid your paymasters need to ask you for a refund.

(Unless of course, your post was cleverly disguised sarcasm too, which would really put me in a bind. But I know that isn't the case here. grin)
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo vs Goodluck Jonathan by VolvoS60(m): 2:02pm On Apr 01, 2013
Gbawe: The truth is that GEJ and OBJ are both gradualist mediocrities and opportunists who would not meritoriously have gotten as far as they did in Nations where, naturally, standards are set high. Both OBJ and GEJ, above everything else, are destructively corrupt as well.

Everything is then compounded by how Nigerians lack the political sophistication to make leaders do what should be done. Praising mediocrity, for one reason or another, is now enshrined in the mentality of Nigerians. I personally don't care for any list of achievements related to OBJ or GEJ because the major problems that must be tackled robustly and effectively, to turn Nigeria around drastically, are always ignored by 'defenders of the realm' like GEJ, Yar Adua and OBJ. One after the other, same story of ignoring our most devastating challenges.

Comparisons, for me, are a waste of time because it cannot be argued that the index that matters most differed significantly under OBJ or GEJ. I.e significantly notable improvement in the life of the average Nigerian. In fact, I would posit that most of the small progress made in the past 13 years have been largely incidental and evolutionary in context and not the result of deliberately inspired leadership. People talk about GSM in relation to OBJ. For f*ck sake, it was evolutionarily bound to happen considering I had been using a mobile phone for around two years in Ghana, and much longer in the UK, before Nigeria got the technology !!! Is any one, not given to the worship of mediocrity, to praise OBJ for technology the entire world already had as standard?

No President, since 1999, has made significant progress in relations to the fundamental problems troubling Nigeria. To that end, they are all failures to me. Granted it can be argued the degree to which they have failed/are failing.

^^^^

Well said.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo vs Goodluck Jonathan by Pukkah: 3:14pm On Apr 01, 2013
VolvoS60:

^^^^ grin grin grin

Sir,

You wouldn't understand the sarcasm in Pukkah's post even if it came up to you and asked to have your babies.

If you can't figure out that pukkah considers GEJ and OBJ to be two sides of the same bad coin of failure, then I'm afraid your paymasters need to ask you for a refund.

(Unless of course, your post was cleverly disguised sarcasm too, which would really put me in a bind. But I know that isn't the case here. grin)

You see, some people deserve to be ignored. That is why I didn't dignify him with any real response.

What you easily observed went over his head. Sadly, his likes have taken over the forum like vermins. They dart from one thread to the other spreading lies and half-truths just to impress their paymasters.

When you corner them, they either resort to insults or attack your perceived tribe or religion. Sometimes, they abandon the thread altogether.

But one shouldn't really be too surprised as it is a case of an incompetent boss that has hired an incompetent staff.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo vs Goodluck Jonathan by bloggernaija: 12:43am On Apr 02, 2013
Actually the macro economic policies of obj were actually very good. He actually put the budget on a sound footing(this has subsequently been destroyed by GEJ).i will explain some of the policies here and the reasons for them.
1 Monetization :was an excellent policy designed to reduce corruption and bereaucratic inefficiency in the distribution of fringe benefits to civil servant.
Reason : senior civil servant simply sign checks of 5 million naira for the maintenance of their official cars(enough to buy a new car ) in one year. 50000 naira for cutlery ,10 million naira for transportation ,15,000,000 naira for the maintenance of their offical residence.now multiply that by thousand's of civil servants.you get the picture. Obj said no. We will monetize this. You get a fixed sum.He subsequently disposed of the government housing stock(which was handled badly) and civil were paid a fixed sum . Not the corrupt invoices they were tendering back then.

2 privatisation (also handled badly in the haste to get rid of the main source of all the corruption up until 1999)
Reason :more money has been stolen building ajaokuta steel company than anything ever built in nigeria. In fact up until 1999, this white elephant was responsible for most of the foriegn currency fraud in nigeria. IBB,Abacha and Abdusalam were very happy to use this project to steal money.
Together with the refineries, power plants, alscon,eleme petrochemical,nigerian airways and all that NNPC represents,these are the main sources of leakages and corruption in nigeria.
In fact , it was better to give the plants away free of charge than to continue running them because of the sheer scale of the problem.

However yar adua stopped the privatisation process. I guess they reckon these plant represent a way for his goons to cart away the nations resources.
Now they bastard have found a new source . SECURITY VOTES

3 OBJ never borrowed a penny to fund his budget.that is the sign of a good manager (corrupt or not).mind you ,oil was selling at an average of $49 a barrel throughout his tenure and he was able to accumulate $67 billion .
GEJ is borrowing money to fund a corrupt and bloated government and he is averaging $90 dollars a barrel. The forex reserve has also gone down.

Personally, I think jonathan even amongst the governor from the south south seems to be the underachiever. I personally think that in hindsight, even the likes of ameachi, akpabio would have done better. No matter how one view them, they still seem to have more inherent strengths and qualities than GEJ who seems to be forever lost at sea. Creating one crisis from another.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo vs Goodluck Jonathan by nuclearboy(m): 6:50am On Apr 02, 2013
^^ Thank you.

Whist vindictive and self-serving, OBJ was definitely better than this travesty of governance
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo vs Goodluck Jonathan by Demdem(m): 7:12am On Apr 02, 2013
OBJ had what i will like to call "Just there" acheivement. The retardeen is currently a disaster. Lets see what he comes up with before 2015 (Not that i am expecting anything tangible really)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ilorin Is Not A Yoruba Land / World Bank’s Earmark $50 Million For Water Projects In Delta, Ekiti, Five Others / Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.