Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,369 members, 7,954,499 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:32 PM

Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? (30903 Views)

Commercial Bus Razed Inside NNPC Filling Station In Lagos / Commercial Bus Catches Fire On Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos (photos) / This Woman Acts As The Conductor Of Her Own Bus (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by HrmOlolade(m): 12:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
2014 I forgot 850 with one driver his conductor went to buy fuel leaving us at mercy of his driver, ever since then I have been forming staff, iyalaya anybody
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by joinnow: 12:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
nenergy:
For those of us who haven’t gotten our own rides yet, jumping buses everyday can be tiring and risky.
By risky I mean the possibility of;
1. having your nicely starched and ironed shirt stained.
2 .Getting a nasty cut from pieces of metal sticking out from those rickety “danfo” buses.
3. And most dreadfully; forgetting your balance with the bus conductor.lol

Forgetting your balance with a commercial bus conductor can be very painful, especially if you’ve been screaming “Conductor, my change o!” Some conductors deliberate stall to make you forget. Sometimes we fiddle away at our mobile phones (facebook, NL, BBM) and make conductors smile.

Just yesterday a colleague forgot his N500 while rushing to meet the staff bus. Personally the highest amount I have forgotten is N400. Chai, the thing pain me o, it was my “last card” (cash at hand). I’d slept off in traffic; I woke up when the conductor shouted my bus stop. I alighted and good-bye N400.

So how much have you forgotten with a commercial bus conductor and why did you forget?
Hello Op, for your information about 20% or more of people that use public transport have car but prefer to use public transportation for some reason most especially in Lagos. Some of the reason is traffic,stress of driving,not knowing the direction to where you are going, fear of lastman,car undergoing repair,etc.pls don't have that wrong notion.op do you know that overseas people prefer public transport despite they have cars reason is because it is economical
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by salisy: 2:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
[quote author=omolorlarh post=42777931][/quote]the guy refused to send all, he just sent 300 naira from a supposed 500 naira change
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
okuneddie:
funny post......im a victim of this many times but the funniest thing is that if a conductor give me an amount that is more than my change and I didn't return it, I will lose more than that to another conductor that same day or the following day.....I thank God cos most time this happen, I just have to trek back home that's bariga from oshodi.....sometimes self without eating at work...I will starve and still trek in the evening.....that taught me a lesson not to be dubious
I remembered when I trekked from VI to Fadeyi grin grin meeehn it was not a good experience chai

1 Like

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by charlsecy(m): 6:09pm On Feb 10, 2016
nenergy:

Na Englishians say na Balance o! grin
It is Change. You have a dictionary, I suppose. Please use it and end this!
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by nenergy(m): 6:56pm On Feb 10, 2016
charlsecy:
It is Change. You have a dictionary, I suppose. Please use it and end this!
Mr Man, are we arguing? Why sound condescending? Hmmn, very funny!
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by abhipmd: 10:20am On Apr 08, 2016
Best packers and movers in Jaipur, household shifting service in Jaipur, home relocation in Jaipur, car carriers service in Jaipur, car transport in Jaipur. http://www.packersmoversdirectory.in/packers-movers-jaipur.html
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by dennara: 9:29am On May 27, 2016
Dennara packers and movers in Ahmedabad, best and affordable to hire a company for safe household shifting locally or within cities and international shifting as well. Contact us! packers and movers Ahmedabad http://dennara.in/movers-and-packers/ahmedabad.html
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by jimnovak5: 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2016
Destinations today are not just pages that advancement more about your business things and affiliations, it is unmitigated more than that. Powers need to give a trial to the customers that surface on their site and need to offer better regard. With PSD to WordPress by mydesignttowp.com change you can obviously include all the all the more backing to your site, however just in case they are tuned into general coding measures. If your site has encountered PSD to WordPress change without general coding benchmarks it might be that a touch of the bits of the destinations won't be on edge about customers particularly makes.

PSD to WordPress @ http://www.mydesigntowp.com/psd-to-wordpress/
PNG to WordPress @ http://www.mydesigntowp.com/png-to-wordpress/
JPG to WordPress @ http://www.mydesigntowp.com/jpg-to-wordpress/
PDF
to WordPress @ http://www.mydesigntowp.com/pdf-to-wordpress/
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by aspirants1sidd: 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
I do have any thing like,but i want to share something like wat to do when you have changed the city and left Rs:4k with your movers packer i mean shifting solution provider.

I have been transfered to noida from chennai i hired [url]dhlcargo packersmovers in chennai http://www.dhlcargopackersmovers.com/packers-and-movers-chennai.html[/url] and paid full amount of money by mistake he calculated 4k more on actual amount we checked it once again then we found that its not actual.he told me that he will give the money to the truck driver and we hve to collect it .

but i dot know he refunded 7k to me i dont know how he called once at that time i was busy then afterwards he said its ok.
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by raopooja800: 10:39am On Jul 04, 2017
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by albertsmith: 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2017
I have never had a good experience with a bus conductor for the few times I have used the public transport system to travel. Nevertheless, I hope they will learn good public relation skills so that they can handle their clients professionally. Check out our writing site by clicking on Cheapest MBA Dissertation Writers.
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by sachiogeninfo: 6:36am On Feb 02, 2018
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by sachiogeninfo: 11:33am On Feb 19, 2018
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by smvinfotechpatn(m): 7:20am On Oct 12, 2018
I think this is an informative post and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article
web development company in patna
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by priyanka01: 6:37am On Oct 25, 2018
Thanks for posting this post and giving your precious time.
Packers And Movers in Ahmedabad

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by priyanka01: 6:49am On Oct 25, 2018
Visit for shifting services here
Agarwal Homes Packers And Movers in Chennai
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Ndipe(m): 8:32am On Dec 02, 2018
slimyem:
I have..many times.
Same way I have "forgotten" to pay some bus fares.tonguewink and same way I don collect pass my normal change sef.cheesy
Those conductors deserve what they get!!

They dont deserve being cheated.
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by PDanny: 6:54pm On Feb 26, 2019
Thank you for sharing such beautiful information. I must say am highly overwhelmed by your whole story. It’s not easy to get such quality information online nowadays. I look forward to staying here for a long time.
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Wright99: 10:11am On Mar 23, 2019
I think that this is one awful way of transportation. I think that in most of cases conductors deliberately are “forgetting” to give you back change. And I don’t want to comment that considering overall driving condition and experience, the cost of ticket is relatively high
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by movingnow: 1:26pm On Dec 23, 2019
With substantial experience behind us and profoundly selected Packers and Movers in Gurgaon, we guarantee everything runs predictably well for you, from the pre-move planning, all through the packing, loading, unloading and unpacking. By talking to our customer service executives, you can avail a customized quote that will fit in your budget and will cater to all your relocation needs.
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Lewys88: 10:42am On Apr 10, 2020
Most people find it very challenging to handle an do their work correctly, at thesis-capstone writing services we can provide ultimate help at very reliable prices as you handle other issues. help with data analysis for dissertation
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by saigozo: 4:35pm On Oct 20, 2020
Book any kind of cab rental services in India with GozoCabs. Get amazing offers and discounts at your favourite cab rentals
Book the cheap rated and best cab service in India https://www.gozocabs.com/.

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by saurpandey: 12:42pm On Dec 04, 2021
Thank you for the information you provide, it helped me a lot! it's great that I know this site! Can you share some updates on how you have made this powerful post!
Godrej Projects in Noida
Interior Designers in Noida
Smart Business Card
Godrej Woods Noida
Green Homes
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by saurpandey: 10:18am On Mar 16, 2022
Looking for a buyer for your property?
We will get you a buyer, the quickest.
List your property on Scroll House, NOW.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tanker Explosion On Kara Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Road: LRU & Fire Service Attacked / 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes / Don't Trade Or Cross Lagos Blue Rail Line (Warning!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.