Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,717 members, 7,955,692 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:03 PM

Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . (993 Views)

Muslims Are Not Terrorists And Terrorists Are Not Muslim / TB Joshua - An East-African President Will Be Kidnapped By Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . by stint(m): 10:10am On Mar 31, 2013
its really intriguing how many Muslims claim the message of Islam does not allow terrorism and I want to believe that yet on the other hand are people who kill women and children yet claim to be fighting for Allah . it then begs the question that how can two set of people read the same holy book and one turns peace loving and the other turns terrorists . how come the message of Islam is so easily corrupted by some people that it inspires them to shed blood . I know Muslims that are good people but we all know bokoharam who claims to be Muslims also.

My curiosity tends to make me wonder if some people can understand the true meaning of a book and others misunderstands it , then maybe there is need for more explanation, a better book ,one that allows no ambiguity about its stand on relationship with unbelievers . one that can not be corrupted to make a man kill another for any reason at all.
just my thought .
Re: Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . by outrage: 10:18am On Mar 31, 2013
All thoes labeled as terrorists.. Correct your statement.

All thoes people that kill innocent kids in schools or shot at people in a church or poison innocent people are labeled 'psychopath' or have one disorder because they are not muslims but as long as its a muslim his a terrorist.

My brother think..

1 Like

Re: Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . by stint(m): 3:14pm On Mar 31, 2013
outrage: All thoes labeled as terrorists.. Correct your statement.

All thoes people that kill innocent kids in schools or shot at people in a church or poison innocent people are labeled 'psychopath' or have one disorder because they are not muslims but as long as its a muslim his a terrorist.

My brother think..
psychopath kill for no reason . since they are crazy , they don't come and say they are fighting for God . they dont target a particular set of people. they are like serial killers . apart from boko haram there have been many religious crisis in the not . people killing people in the name of God . are they all psychopaths .
Re: Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . by chinedumo(m): 5:40pm On Mar 31, 2013
Have you studied the quran?

Suicide bombers openly call themselves terrorists with pride since the Koran calls for Muslims to act as terrorists in

Koran 8:12. "I will instill terror into the hearts ofthe unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them".
Re: Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . by stint(m): 6:28pm On Mar 31, 2013
chinedumo: Have you studied the quran?

Suicide bombers openly call themselves terrorists with pride since the Koran calls for Muslims to act as terrorists in

Koran 8:12. "I will instill terror into the hearts ofthe unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them".
that verse is scary . I knew there must be verses like that in the quran. yet some read and find a healthy interpretation for it . the kind of interpretation that allows for peace . which makes me conclude their must be ambiguity in the message of the quaran. or how can same thing mean different things to two different people .
Re: Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . by chinedumo(m): 6:58pm On Mar 31, 2013
Show me the ambiguity. Quote any verses of peace you know
Re: Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 31, 2013
the founding principle of lslam is violence
Re: Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . by outrage: 7:23pm On Mar 31, 2013
stint:
psychopath kill for no reason . since they are crazy , they don't come and say they are fighting for God . they dont target a particular set of people. they are like serial killers . apart from boko haram there have been many religious crisis in the not . people killing people in the name of God . are they all psychopaths .
Hear you!?
'Someone that kills for no reason is better'!!
I alrdy feel its pointless tryna explain because you've already had your mind set but the prophet (saw) and other messangers met people like you and even more stubbon but they never gave up.

Its not stated in the quran to kill the innocent. If boko somehow end up killing innocent then they are on their own, they will answer for the actions infront of God.
Re: Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . by outrage: 7:56pm On Mar 31, 2013
stint:
that verse is scary . I knew there must be verses like that in the quran. yet some read and find a healthy interpretation for it . the kind of interpretation that allows for peace . which makes me conclude their must be ambiguity in the message of the quaran. or how can same thing mean different things to two different people .
Don't mind that guy, you can't quote half a verse and expect to understand what it means, infact in some cases you need to read about 2-3 verses before and after a particular verse to really understand the message, some you need to know history before you understand. the quoted verse is an example of such.

The Quran contains everything you can imagine, it talks about peace, respect, understanding, seeking for knowledge, adultry, history, marriage, sin, hell, heaven, reward and WAR to mention but a few.

The quoted verse and the verses before and after were revealed about a a famous and very important Battle in islamic history, battle of Badr. A battle in which the pagans of Makkah traveled far to Madinah with an army of about 1000 to destroy Muslims. The Prophet (saw) and fellow Muslims suffered for 13 years in the city of Makkah at the hands of the pagans, they were once again threatened. Muslim Army was only about 300 so God Almighty gave the order to Muslims to fight to defend their lives and faith. The pagans came to them with the intent to kill Muslims, It was a war to defend themselves and their Faith.

Some of the said 'violent, verses have to do with war, let me be clear that the quran specifically states that you don't attack some one execpt he attacks you first(you in this instance is islam your faith or your land).
Re: Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . by chinedumo(m): 9:08pm On Mar 31, 2013
Quran (9:38-39) - "O ye who believe! what is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared withthe Hereafter. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place." This is a warning to those who refuse to fight, that they will be punished with Hell
Re: Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . by benodic: 9:21pm On Mar 31, 2013
any religion that relies solely on books for their guidance will always run into the problem being outlined. individuals will interpret the book to suit their own egos and then go out to wreck havoc on humanity. of course the author of the book is dead and long gone and can not explain the meaning of what he wrote.
Re: Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . by outrage: 9:34pm On Mar 31, 2013
benodic:
any religion that relies solely on books for their guidance will always run into the problem being outlined. individuals will interpret the book to suit their own egos and then go out to wreck havoc on humanity. of course the author of the book is dead and long gone and can not explain the meaning of what he wrote.
Author of the quran is not human, it was only passed thru human.
Re: Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . by outrage: 9:42pm On Mar 31, 2013
chinedumo: Quran (9:38-39) - "O ye who believe! what is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared withthe Hereafter. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place." This is a warning to those who refuse to fight, that they will be punished with Hell
If it it mean how you are interpreteing it, do you thing you will be able to type on your computer or cell phone in the comfort of where ever you are? Would you be able to walk to work or school which ever the case might be successfully? The world as we know it would be a war ground, but its so unfortunate that the same way you interprete it, some ignorant muslims interprete also and hence we have boko.
Re: Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . by chinedumo(m): 9:55pm On Mar 31, 2013
There are many lands that it is so
Re: Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . by benodic: 10:49pm On Mar 31, 2013
Author of the quran is not human, it was only passed thru human.
passed through human and currently being interpreted by humans. that is exactly where the problems lies.
Re: Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . by wazobiaforu(m): 10:03am On Apr 01, 2013
outrage:
Don't mind that guy, you can't quote half a verse and expect to understand what it means, infact in some cases you need to read about 2-3 verses before and after a particular verse to really understand the message, some you need to know history before you understand. the quoted verse is an example of such.

The Quran contains everything you can imagine, it talks about peace, respect, understanding, seeking for knowledge, adultry, history, marriage, sin, hell, heaven, reward and WAR to mention but a few.

The quoted verse and the verses before and after were revealed about a a famous and very important Battle in islamic history, battle of Badr. A battle in which the pagans of Makkah traveled far to Madinah with an army of about 1000 to destroy Muslims. The Prophet (saw) and fellow Muslims suffered for 13 years in the city of Makkah at the hands of the pagans, they were once again threatened. Muslim Army was only about 300 so God Almighty gave the order to Muslims to fight to defend their lives and faith. The pagans came to them with the intent to kill Muslims, It was a war to defend themselves and their Faith.

Some of the said 'violent, verses have to do with war, let me be clear that the quran specifically states that you don't attack some one execpt he attacks you first(you in this instance is islam your faith or your land).

Plz explain why did God not perish those idol worshiper once and for all,i know it happen in some place and i think it would have not make the religion to be tagged Terrorist, why did he gave the battle/killing for men to do , i hate killing with passion and that is why i disown any of my friend that turn cultist

I want to learn, plz explain
Re: Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . by kaytytty: 11:12am On Apr 01, 2013
christians claim not to be gays and lesbians but every gay and lesbian is a christian.
Re: Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . by stint(m): 11:22am On Apr 01, 2013
outrage:
Hear you!?
'Someone that kills for no reason is better'!!
I alrdy feel its pointless tryna explain because you've already had your mind set but the prophet (saw) and other messangers met people like you and even more stubbon but they never gave up.

Its not stated in the quran to kill the innocent. If boko somehow end up killing innocent then they are on their own, they will answer for the actions infront of God.
.are you alright ? did you just say IF the bokoharam end us killing the innocent. so you can't say whether or not those they are killing are innocent abi . so tell me in your own non terrorists view , what is your definition of the innocent . with your own definition we can guess what that of terrorists will be
Re: Muslims Are Not Terrorists Yet All Terrorists Claim To Be Muslims . by stint(m): 11:43am On Apr 01, 2013
outrage:
If it it mean how you are interpreteing it, do you thing you will be able to type on your computer or cell phone in the comfort of where ever you are? Would you be able to walk to work or school which ever the case might be successfully? The world as we know it would be a war ground, but its so unfortunate that the same way you interprete it, some ignorant muslims interprete also and hence we have boko.
hence you must agree there is ambiguity in the message of the quran. if it can be interpreted to mean two opposite things to even followers of islam
. and now we outsiders don't really know what the author really means . a

(1) (Reply)

Why Has God Not Done All These For Me? / Prophet T.O. Obadare's Burial / "Now The Day Is Over"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.