Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Clapping For Pastors After Preaching - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Clapping For Pastors After Preaching (2004 Views)

Pastor Shot To Death While Preaching During Service / Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles / Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by JamesLucia: 3:04pm On Mar 31, 2013
Is it right to clap for pastors when there are preaching or after preaching?
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 31, 2013
I think its wrong cos people do it to impress their pastors who must have displayed a fine showmanship
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by seyibrown(f): 7:25pm On Mar 31, 2013
It is a show of appreciation of the speaker taking their time to address the listeners, and it usually saves the person leaving the pulpit/podium from a very awkward walk back to their seat.
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by duality(m): 7:58pm On Mar 31, 2013
all these is because pastors these days, deliver seminars rather than preach messages that will make evil men uncomfortable on their sits. the more reasons we have few broken Christians these days. for me, great sermons should lead listeners into serious prayers and supplication and resolve for character change. In the days of Jonathan Edwards, people couldn't clap or cheer after sermons. The kind of sermons that will lead to great awakening that we desperately desire is not really being preached. Hence, you find clapping and cheering after a Sunday colloquium.

1 Like

Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 31, 2013
Even in my personal devotion i clap and shout for joy when i get a revalation from God's word..so wetin dey dia.People give a clap offering unto the Lord for a door of utterance God gives the clergy and NOT to the pastor.

1 Like

Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2013
Bidam: Even in my personal devotion i clap and shout for joy when i get a revalation from God's word..so wetin dey dia.People give a clap offering unto the Lord for a door of utterance God gives the clergy and NOT to the pastor.
ready to go any length to support charlatans.
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 31, 2013
Segeggs: ready to go any length to support charlatans.
i laff in "tongues".
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by Goshen360(m): 12:44am On Apr 01, 2013
Bidam: Even in my personal devotion i clap and shout for joy when i get a revalation from God's word..so wetin dey dia.People give a

[size=15pt]clap offering[/size]

unto the Lord for a door of utterance God gives the clergy and NOT to the pastor.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by Nobody: 5:32am On Apr 01, 2013
Goshen360:

shocked shocked shocked
Rom 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer [/b]your bodies as living sacrifices , holy and pleasing to God — this is your spiritual act of worship

PSA 47:1 [b]Clap your hands,
all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy.

Want more scriptures?
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by wazobiaforu(m): 8:56am On Apr 01, 2013
That pastor preaches what make me feel down does not mean i can not clap for him to appreciate him for the message

Bidam, i wish you are not here,you always scatter things and defend it blindly
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by Goshen360(m): 11:29am On Apr 01, 2013
Bidam: Rom 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer [/b]your bodies as living sacrifices , holy and pleasing to God — this is your spiritual act of worship

PSA 47:1 [b]Clap your hands,
all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy.

Want more scriptures?

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 01, 2013
James Lucia: Is it right to clap for pastors when there are preaching or after preaching?
WELL ITS NOT A SIN. I THINK IT IS RIGHT. 1 TIMOTHY 5 VS 17 The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching.
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by tobechi74: 12:38pm On Apr 01, 2013
I only clap for entertainers: comedians
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by Goshen360(m): 12:45pm On Apr 01, 2013
obadiah777: WELL ITS NOT A SIN. I THINK IT IS RIGHT. 1 TIMOTHY 5 VS 17 The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching.

I think this scriptures makes perfect sense.....following the line of 'double honour' NOT some folk talking about clap OFFERINGS. I don't know when clap became OFFERINGS. grin
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by daylae(m): 12:46pm On Apr 01, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] its not a must you clap. And the claping not neccessarily a show-off,but rather to lift the atmosphere.
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 01, 2013
Goshen360:

I think this scriptures makes perfect sense.....following the line of 'double honour' NOT some folk talking about clap OFFERINGS. I don't know when clap became OFFERINGS. grin
LMAO @ CLAP OFFERINGS. BIDAM JUST TRYING TO BE CREATIVE WITH SCRIPTURES. HE PUTTING HIS OWN TWIST AND SPIN INTO IT.

BRAH GOSHEN I JUST GOOGLED CLAP OFFERING. ITS ALL OVER THE NET shocked LOL https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=CLAP+OFFERINGS&aq=f&oq=CLAP+OFFERINGS&aqs=chrome.0.57j62l2.3515j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

ALTHOUGH I STILL THINK ITS MAN MADE STUFF. NO SUCH THING IN THE BIBLE AS CLAP OFFERING.
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by Goshen360(m): 1:27pm On Apr 01, 2013
obadiah777:

ALTHOUGH I STILL THINK ITS MAN MADE STUFF. NO SUCH THING IN THE BIBLE AS CLAP OFFERING.

Thank you brother. Let them continue in their 'little' adding to scriptures and subtracting from scriptures.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Brothers and sisters, I have applied this to Apollos and myself for your sake. You should learn from us not to go beyond what is written in Scripture. Then you won't arrogantly place one of us in opposition to the other. 1 Corinthians 4:6

1 Like

Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 01, 2013
Goshen360:

any time offering is mentioned what really comes to your mind is donation to church abi? The meaning of offering is a presentation made to a deity as an act of religious worship or sacrifice; an oblation.
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 01, 2013
obadiah777: LMAO @ CLAP OFFERINGS. BIDAM JUST TRYING TO BE CREATIVE WITH SCRIPTURES. HE PUTTING HIS OWN TWIST AND SPIN INTO IT.

BRAH GOSHEN I JUST GOOGLED CLAP OFFERING. ITS ALL OVER THE NET shocked LOL https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=CLAP+OFFERINGS&aq=f&oq=CLAP+OFFERINGS&aqs=chrome.0.57j62l2.3515j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

whateva bro..clapping to the Lord means exactly what it says..Clapping to the Lord..if offering is your problem you can check other dictionaries for the contextual meaning of it..i can offer someone a handshake, advice, money etc..na simple english abeg
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 01, 2013
wazobia_for_u: That pastor preaches what make me feel down does not mean i can not clap for him to appreciate him for the message

Bidam, i wish you are not here,you always scatter things and defend it blindly
what do you mean by scatter..you wey come hia in three dialects no be scatter you wan scatter so?
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
Why clap for him or her ?

How about clapping for Jesus smiley
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 01, 2013
frosbel: Why clap for him or her ?

How about clapping for Jesus smiley
That is exactly what am trying to say wey some pple dey misconstrue my words just becos i said "clap offering". SMH
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 01, 2013
Bidam: whateva bro..clapping to the Lord means exactly what it says..Clapping to the Lord..if offering is your problem you can check other dictionaries for the contextual meaning of it..i can offer someone a handshake, advice, money etc..na simple english abeg
LOL HEY ITS NOT A DEAL BREAKER, CHIEF. YOU WOULDNT GO TO HELL BECAUSE YOU SAY CLAP OFFERING grin

2 Likes

Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 01, 2013
obadiah777: LOL HEY ITS NOT A DEAL BREAKER, CHIEF. YOU WOULDNT GO TO HELL BECAUSE YOU SAY CLAP OFFERING grin
lol..neither will you bro..
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 01, 2013
Bidam: That is exactly what am trying to say wey some pple dey misconstrue my words just becos i said "clap offering". SMH

there is a lot of miscontruement going on these days, I am also guilty to an extent smiley
Re: Clapping For Pastors After Preaching by PastorOluT(m): 1:14am On Apr 02, 2013
I don't think there is much to add because justice had been done to the topic by all that contributed, but i will just want to say is that the clapping itself is not just for the pastors but to the glorification of the Lord Jesus Christ and anyone that glory in the flesh or ascribe Glory to himself that is due to God is at the verge of destruction, for He says He will share His glory with no man.

(1) (Reply)

7 Differences Pope Francis Has Made In One Appearance. / The Bishop Who Deprived His Wife From Attending Her Daughters Marriage Ceremony / What Is Wrong With Guys Putting On Earrings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.