Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,542 members, 7,857,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 08:03 AM

Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best (20960 Views)

Poll: Which mobile antivirus is the best

Netqin: 13% (9 votes)
Karpersky: 41% (28 votes)
Bitdefender: 11% (8 votes)
K - secure: 1% (1 vote)
Mcafee: 20% (14 votes)
Norton Mobile: 8% (6 votes)
Bull guard: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Best Mobile Antivirus / Mobile Antivirus In Jar Format. / Full Mobile Antivirus Needed For S40 Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by honsule(m): 5:44am On May 22, 2008
My former kAV i could update it so easily,but this one kept telling me check your connection setting.I will uninstall it jo.Too much problem
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by hayprof(m): 5:53am On May 22, 2008
honsule:

. . .I will uninstall it jo.Too much problem

. .Solution! . . wink
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by hansibone(m): 6:02am On May 22, 2008
@honsule

d problem ure encounterin is because u av instaled 2 many cracked aplications, y did u av 2 uninstal d 1st kav
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by honsule(m): 7:14am On May 22, 2008
License key expired.Buy another one.When i inserted the usual key it refuses to still update,so i have to remove it.I don't like this 12 may update today,2morrow another 18th etc
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by honsule(m): 7:20am On May 22, 2008
@hansi.Search out and bring that thread that 4peace attached kaspersky and was giving out update then.Thanks
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by Fadajasi(m): 8:14am On May 22, 2008
This kav u guys are talking about usually makes my phone to hang,i mean real hang
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by hansibone(m): 9:35am On May 22, 2008
@fada

ure d first person sayin dis
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by hansibone(m): 9:39am On May 22, 2008
@honsule

attached is d kav i use an an update of 21st of may 2008, today grin

Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by 4peace(m): 10:03pm On May 22, 2008
update as at 22-05-08

Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by 4peace(m): 10:24pm On May 22, 2008
honsule:

My former kAV i could update it so easily,but this one kept telling me check your connection setting.I will uninstall it jo.Too much problem
@honsule
how far now.howsy studies
the problem mentioned above is due to network problem even when use wap.May i ask you how do you take care of your phone?just want to know.
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by Alireta: 5:43am On May 23, 2008
As interesting as all this is, the truth is that most phones (especially certain smartphoness) have no need of anti-virus.

For example, Symbian 9 devices are built on such a secure core that there is simply no way for a virus to install itself on your device and run wild without the user's permission.

So even if a virus gets on a Symbian 9 device,say via email, or bluetooth, it cannot run if I do not authorise it.

Pretty much the same applies to Windows Mobile, though it is known to be less secure than Symbian at the moment.

No-one really needs a mobile anti-virus. But then the companies behind them are trying to create a market for themselves on the ignorance of the consumer.

Of course, if you use hacked software (which is totally not adviced or recommended by uss, chances that you will install a corrupted or re-engineered applications are there. Honestly, that would be your fault.

Mobile anti-virus simply uses up part of your phone's already limited processing power, resulting in the kinds of problems some posters have mentioned.

Our team have used Symbian devices for over 3 years, for: web browsing, corporate and personal email, downloads, bluetooth, and we have installed hundreds of applications. Not once has any member of the team been infected by a virus.

INDUSTRY FACT: There are no known wild viruses for the Symbian 9 OS.

Buy your smartphone, install apps from well-known sources, do not install anything you don't know about, and you are 100 % safe.

We'll be delighted to answer any further questions.
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by 4peace(m): 6:42am On May 23, 2008
@ali
What is your own conclusion on what u just post.
Need signed virus let me know.waiting for your reply.
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by Alireta: 11:47am On May 23, 2008
4peace: My conclusion is that you forget about anti-virus on your mobile phone for the time being. There are no real threats to your device if you stay away from hacked/cracked software.
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by topeteadr(m): 12:03pm On May 23, 2008
@ali, ur phone no pls. . . . .
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by Alireta: 12:39pm On May 23, 2008
@tope_teadr: 07028828791 to reach any member of the Alireta team during office hours.

In addition, you can reach Dayo on 08062167275, and Yomi on 08080752187. They are the core of our Mobile team.
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by hansibone(m): 12:40pm On May 23, 2008
@ali

lol dude, sumtims u go online and b4 u know u've av a virus on ur system, did u grant it permission to run, ?

some virues need ur permission to run, while some would not, dey wuld simply use any small security leakage u av, and bam dere in, sometimes dey overide security features and become sole resident of ur device,

so ali, i wuld say avin an antivirus on a symbian phone, with functions dat can be compared to dat of a pc is d main thin, becos wen u get hit, u would be swept of ur feet grin

to round it up, u only spoke about symbian 9.0 phones what about symbian 8.0 n 8.1, ?
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by topeteadr(m): 12:41pm On May 23, 2008
Fanks
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by Alireta: 2:22pm On May 23, 2008
@hansibone: We are not talking about PC here. Regular PC viruses are totally harmless on a secure system like Symbian 9. Those viruses cannot run wild like they do on PC because of the platform's security. You have nothing to fear.

Have you noticed that even when you want to browse with a proper 3rd app like Opere mini on a Symbian device, it asks for permission to connect? Without  your permission, even legitimate apps won't function, muchless a malicious code.

Yes, older Symbian platforms like v8 are not as secure as v9, and so are a bit susceptible, though they are still quite secure too.

If you like, we can do a  public demo: we'll let you beam as many regular PC viruses as you like to our Symbian v9 devices and see if any of them can run without the users granting permission. Let us know if you are interested.
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by hansibone(m): 8:58pm On May 23, 2008
@ali

i was nt say dat pc viruses affect symbian phones, i was just comparin a symbian phone 2 a pc,

Nw in ur state u refered 2 opera mini askin 4 permision b4 goin online,wat about opera 8.65 n do u no dat u can change d permision setins of opera mini! N moreova dere is no java virus only symbian virus exist,

Wen i refered 2 someone instalin cracked aplications on his phone,i only told him dat he might b instalin a virus,because wit our situation down here hw can we get real full aplications?so d best way 2 b safe is 2 b ready 2 resist it.

Wuld also tank 4 referin 2 v 8.0 n v 8.1 as less secured.

"Gawd wish i was on my pc,typin on dis phone is bleeped"
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by fanistic(m): 9:29pm On May 23, 2008
downloaded KAV anti virus repently only for this particular trial version to corrupt my memory card. Tried reformatting card but to no avail. Any info on how to format corrupted MEMORY CARD
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by sect(m): 9:45pm On May 23, 2008
@fanistic, If you're unable to format ur memory card directly on ur phones den you can try formatting it through pc. . . Just connect ur phone to a pc through usb cable or bluetooth,right click on ur mem. Card drive and select format,i hope ur pc wont contract any virus from the phone.
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by hansibone(m): 9:54pm On May 23, 2008
@fanistic

before instalin kav, werent u instructed by d instaler that u shuld instal it in d phone memory? angry

anyway u nid to get a card reader b4 u wuld b able to format ur phone,
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by Nobody: 7:29am On May 24, 2008
@ hansibone

Alireta was also on mobile

@ Alireta

Yeap, i concurred to all you've said about V9 and viruses. I also see no reason to be protected jare
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by Donseaun(m): 7:53am On May 24, 2008
Jesu mi o! Right click and 4mat memory card? Under nokia browser? Who don try am b4? Taaaaaa!

B4 i vex go open thread,can sum1 tell me y kav hangs my fone? Av installd on phone memory,no way! Memory card,iro o! Sim card,ko jwo! Tinkn of RAM nw,

Can sum1 plz help me? Plz! Che i nid to format my fone and memory card b4 instaln? Osu mi o! And i av a virus on my fone. Aye mi o!
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by Alireta: 9:14am On May 24, 2008
@Donseaun: what phone do you use, and what virus is on it?
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by Donseaun(m): 9:20am On May 24, 2008
I'm using N70, nokia o!

I dnt knw d name of d virus,dnt even knw where it is located, i tink its a virus because
-my fone hangs often
-my netqiun antivirus scan logo hardly leaves my screen(unusual)
-after sendn a data to sum1,my bluetooth stil request for connection wt dat fone,and i tink na oyo u dey if u accept it, it continues persistn on d fone until i switch of mine.
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by hansibone(m): 11:17am On May 24, 2008
Donseaun:

I'm using N70, nokia o!

I dnt knw d name of d virus,dnt even knw where it is located, i think its a virus because
-my phone hangs often
-my netqiun antivirus scan logo hardly leaves my screen(unusual)
-after sendn a data to someone,my bluetooth stil request for connection wt that phone,and i think na oyo u dey if u accept it, it continues persistn on d phone until i switch of mine.

dude i tink uve gat cabir virus, wuld upload a remover 4 u now, n do me a favor, please dont uninstall applications dat are cracked witout u avin a protection, grin
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by honsule(m): 11:21am On May 24, 2008
Having protection in what sense?I do uninstal cracked applications direct from my app.Manager.If the phone misbehaves i will just flash it direct.
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by Fadajasi(m): 12:50pm On May 24, 2008
Hmm,damn kav
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by honsule(m): 1:12pm On May 24, 2008
Hmm.Up kav!
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by Fadajasi(m): 1:19pm On May 24, 2008
Up netqin
Re: Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best by hansibone(m): 2:11pm On May 24, 2008
taaaa up antivirus so far it is up 2 date, grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar / Ask Me Any Question About Tecno L8+ / Samsung To Release New Galaxy A80 Variant With 256GB Storage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.