Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

New Client Chat - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / New Client Chat (1312 Views)

A Client Offered Him 1 Million For Three Websites. Should He Take It? / A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. / Ebook: A Client's Guide To Web Design/development Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Client Chat by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 31, 2013
I was redesigning my website, i decided to start from the navigation system and "mistakenly" added a client chat to the menu and it looks rather nice, but i decided not to use the conventional ones all over the web, so i built one from the scratch.

On the top right of the site, an online chat icon is there, if you click on it, a chat popup comes up on the bottom of the page and allows you to chat directly with me - if i am by the system so to say.

Mehn, the thing is working but not yet completed, please review and let me know what you feel.

I have not really touched security, and it is like permanently online, and some other minor bugs.
Re: New Client Chat by databoy247(m): 3:56am On Apr 01, 2013
i guess you are back to active service.
Re: New Client Chat by Nobody: 6:46am On Apr 01, 2013
I have been in active service for awhile, just very silent about it.
Re: New Client Chat by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 01, 2013
I wish to say a big thank you to those that assisted in the phase 1 testing, and we had multiple conversations going on in real-time too.
And i was able to fix a few bugs. One of the outstanding issues i am not sure of how to deal with is being offline.
Presently, if i close my own admin chat window - which is through a browser / through a software - anyone.

Any messages that are sent to me when the software/browser is closed will all rush in (as offlines) when i login next time.
But by then, the visitor might have left the site. And i can send offlines back to only those that are signed in during chat.

Should i close and disable the chat when i am offline or allow people to send offline messages??
Re: New Client Chat by sisqology(m): 8:25am On Apr 01, 2013
warris dat ur site again sef wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: New Client Chat by sisqology(m): 8:54am On Apr 01, 2013
I have seen b bugs in the new layout
Re: New Client Chat by Gmmail(m): 9:01am On Apr 01, 2013
*dhtml:
I was redesigning my website, i decided to start from the navigation system and "mistakenly" added a client chat to the menu and it looks rather nice, but i decided not to use the conventional ones all over the web, so i built one from the scratch.

On the top right of the site, an online chat icon is there, if you click on it, a chat popup comes up on the bottom of the page and allows you to chat directly with me - if i am by the system so to say.

Mehn, the thing is working but not yet completed, please review and let me know what you feel.

I have not really touched security, and it is like permanently[quote author=*dhtml]I was redesigning my website, i decided to start from the navigation system and "mistakenly" added a client chat to the menu and it looks rather nice, but i decided not to use the conventional ones all over the web, so i built one from the scratch.

I have not really touched security, and it is like permanently online, and some other minor bugs.
online, and some other minor bugs.[/quote]

any links?
Re: New Client Chat by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 01, 2013
The site link is www..net - sorry i forgot to mention it.

Hmn sisqology:
Guest-4124: hi
Guest-4124: its sisqology
Guest-4124: i have seen bugs
Me: lol, my main man, where are the bugs please?

So where them bugs dey? i left my komputer on and went to play.
Re: New Client Chat by yamakuza: 4:51pm On Apr 01, 2013
*dhtml:
I wish to say a big thank you to those that assisted in the phase 1 testing, and we had multiple conversations going on in real-time too.
And i was able to fix a few bugs. One of the outstanding issues i am not sure of how to deal with is being offline.
Presently, if i close my own admin chat window - which is through a browser / through a software - anyone.

Any messages that are sent to me when the software/browser is closed will all rush in (as offlines) when i login next time.
But by then, the visitor might have left the site. And i can send offlines back to only those that are signed in during chat.

Should i close and disable the chat when i am offline or allow people to send offline messages??

offlines can be sent in as emails (to both parties)

chat sessions can be closed/ended by typing in keywords/shortcodes
Re: New Client Chat by sisqology(m): 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2013
*dhtml:
The site link is www..net - sorry i forgot to mention it.

Hmn sisqology:
Guest-4124: hi
Guest-4124: its sisqology
Guest-4124: i have seen bugs
Me: lol, my main man, where are the bugs please?

So where them bugs dey? i left my komputer on and went to play.

When u dinor ansa me
*shakes my head and walks away*
Re: New Client Chat by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 01, 2013
^^^I cannot answer you when i was away from my PC nao? i answered you eventually, you were obviously not on your pc then or you have closed the browser. . . .but the chat works i know, and it has some bugs too which i am still fixing
Re: New Client Chat by sisqology(m): 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2013
The bug I saw wasn't concerning the chat thing, but they layout. I'll be there tonyt and chat with you to tell you wink

Let me hope the gurl won't camp you again and let you not be with your pc
Re: New Client Chat by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 01, 2013
Interesting. . .
Re: New Client Chat by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 01, 2013
Guest-3867: Hello Mr DHTML
Guest-3867: How you dey...How your wife
Guest-3867: How your children
Guest-3867: How your babe?
Guest-3867: How your laptop?
Guest-3867: How your website?
Guest-3867: Hope they're all fine
Guest-3867: This is Afam4eva testing...
Me: afam, thanks
Afam, you don dey madt o!

Guest-1826: hi humpty dumpty
Guest-1826: how much are your ad rates
Guest-1826: i hope this chat me from page ?
Me: i can see your chat, thanks

Guest-2076: Gud evening
Me: evening bro

These guys are clowns, me don go play all that time. So i got all them offlines. . .
Re: New Client Chat by Afam4eva(m): 9:18pm On Apr 01, 2013
*dhtml:

Afam, you don dey madt o!
lol grin

The chat app is great but wouldn't it be lovely if you customized it just a lil bit so that it will show the person's name as opposed to "guest" and also have a field where you collect the person's email.

I also want to know what happens when 10 people are chatting at the same time. Do all their chats appear on that chatbox or are different threads created for each person.
Re: New Client Chat by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 01, 2013
Yeah, i just the flashing title effect like book and also a ping sound when messages enter, in case you are writing a message on NL when pings come in.
The chat in itself supports writing of usernames and their email addresses too. I need to do more work on the integration.
If you are logged into my website, then it will use your site's username instead of guest. I will probably just roll out a popup or overlay to collect name and email of guests. . .
Re: New Client Chat by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 01, 2013
Sorry, i no answer your questions finish. Ehm, when each person initiates a chat with me, it pops out a chat window like facebook.

So different threads are created for everyone, aye

In fact, this is how the web admin looks like:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8JQAKs2vrvxUk43RmN1ZkQ5NUU/edit?ups=drive_web
Re: New Client Chat by Nobody: 1:11am On Apr 02, 2013
Mehn, boys wan flood my server, i don switch off the chat to offline at the moment. I will do more modifications, and reduce the server overhead.
Re: New Client Chat by Gmmail(m): 12:40pm On Apr 02, 2013
@*dhtml since livezilla is no longer free, was thinking if your client chat could be a possible replacement? will it be opensource
Re: New Client Chat by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 02, 2013
Gmmail: @*dhtml since livezilla is no longer free, was thinking if your client chat could be a possible replacement? will it be opensource
Ah well, i am thinking of making it opensource, at least maintain an opensource version.
Re: New Client Chat by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 03, 2013
I am thinking of a way to protect my server from flooding by the chats. A way is to limit the maximum number of active chats going on at the same time.
I will start work on that today, and also work on adding smileys to the chat.
Re: New Client Chat by Gmmail(m): 4:30am On Apr 04, 2013
*dhtml:
I am thinking of a way to protect my server from flooding by the chats. A way is to limit the maximum number of active chats going on at the same time.
I will start work on that today, and also work on adding smileys to the chat.

can't wait to fork the project on github.
Re: New Client Chat by bug24(m): 6:42am On Apr 05, 2013
Dhtml do quick naaa
All dis while u been talkin, u wuldav finished dis chat tin since and lemme start using it joor grin
Re: New Client Chat by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 05, 2013
^^^The chat has already been completed, i am working on some offline projects, but i will publish on GITHub
Re: New Client Chat by databoy247(m): 9:05pm On Apr 06, 2013
@dhtml, why smiley?

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten (10) Best Entertainment Blogs Of 2014 (pics Of Template Included) / How To Setup Blogger Custom Domain Name For Your Blog / Website Design Critique

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.