Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,692 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. (1444 Views)

Has Anyone Experience Hacking Of His Website, After Using A Cracked Theme? / Guys A Brother Needs Help With His Website Form. How Can It Be Done? / How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by greenmouse(m): 12:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
A client is forcing me to use ASP.net for his website project.

The project is worth 7 million naira though, we have agreed already except for this new development, he is now threatening to give it out if I wont use ASP.net as against PHP which he believe is not secured.

I have already told him I specilised in PHP.

He said he doesnt believe in Open source.

Pls advice what do I do, I dont want to loose the job.
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by DualCore1: 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2013
Option 1:
7 million Naira is enough for you to shutdown all social life for 3 weeks and learn ASP. You just have to add your learning period to the total completion duration of the project.

Option 2:
Get a good ASP developer who will agree to do it for 4 million, you get 3 million for doing nothing.

Since you do not want to lose the job, those are your options.
If you change your mind about not wanting to lose the job you can walk away from it now before you get into it and in the near future are forced to take another silly turn. I call it silly because your client's reasons for choosing ASP over PHP are silly.
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 30, 2013
If I were in your shoes,I will simply smile and tell the client that its not a problem.It would only cost him an extra 2M.
Then Follow Dual Core's Advice.(Option 2 of course)
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2013
1. Customers are always right.

2. 7m? Let me ask you this simple question... When you wanted to start your website design business, did you have much knowledge about coding as you do now? I'm sure the answer is NO.

Then why complain. Just as DualCore has rightly told you, if you can't learn (if you think you have a short time to complete the project), then hire a ASP programmer.

Finished!.

...and if you are not satisfied with the options provided, please direct that your client to me. I need money, abeg!

2 Likes

Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by ngmart(m): 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2013
Just go and hire an ASP programmer. case closed.
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by Slyr0x: 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2013
Hmmn. . .You finally got the commercial bank website job yeah?
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by greenmouse(m): 8:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
Where is @graphicplus advice ?
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
Deleted
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by greenmouse(m): 8:57pm On Jul 30, 2013
manifest: I am a web business consultant and I have been actively involved in the web business trend for over 10yrs. I might be wrong but I don't think any website is worth 7 million Naira (at start up). Unless you are developing an apps and other offline applications with it...yet, 7 million Naira is quite much.

If I were you, I will take part payment and book my next flight to india.

Clause: Provided after the website no further engagement is required. Otherwise, I would extend the project timeline and learn ASP whilst I get the pro's to develop the site on my behalf. No point recreating the wheel.

All the best.

Manifest
It seems u are one of all this cheap website developers, website is worth more than 10million slef, how much is konga.com , www.gtbank.com etc. Let other reply you jor.
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 30, 2013
Deleted
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 30, 2013
http://www.lynda.com/ASP-NET-3-5-tutorials/asp-net-essential-training/784-2.html

I will pay a year subscription for you just forward only 1m to me only grin cheesy grin

i can even give you my username and password on the site. smiley

go learn ASP and stop wondering around bro.
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by Djtm(m): 11:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
After reading the other thread, it will be foolish to fall for this. Nice publicity stunt tho.

1 Like

Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by flexpro(m): 6:55am On Jul 31, 2013
@ Greenmouse,

Word of Advice, learn how to keep your privacy, i know some best Web designers/Developers that earn millions per project that don't make noise around.

Nairaland Webmaster section has really become children playing ground this days.

greenmouse:
A client is forcing me to use ASP.net for his website project.

The project is worth 7 million naira though, we have agreed already except for this new development, he is now threatening to give it out if I wont use ASP.net as against PHP which he believe is not secured.

I have already told him I specilised in PHP.

He said he doesnt believe in Open source.

Pls advice what do I do, I dont want to loose the job.

1 Like

Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 31, 2013
Djtm: After reading the other thread, it will be foolish to fall for this. Nice publicity stunt tho.

I laugh!
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by funkymedina: 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2013
Dont mind the silly mouse ..all these tonto dike webmasters cheesy Were has he seen 7 million before ..plus the 1million in the other thread ..hahahahhahahaha

1 Like

Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by switchmax8: 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
hello,
send me email igtechwebs@gmail.com or igtechnologyng@gmail.com i will be able to set it up for you.
Regards,
Ken
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by greenmouse(m): 12:50pm On Jul 31, 2013
funky medina: Dont mind the silly mouse ..all these tonto dike webmasters cheesy Were has he seen 7 million before ..plus the 1million in the other thread ..hahahahhahahaha

hmmh, you think so ok.
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by switchmax8: 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
Greenmouse,
My advice is for you to team up with a trusted friend that is a web developer and vast in .Net in the course of developing the platform you will be learning as well from him/her.though it all depends on the time frame you gave your client,to me it is not wise to jettison your client job because you want to learn .Net if you want to learn it why not complete the job then you can do that later.i guess you have already know what the project is all about you look a friend that is good in that field and work with him you can as well be learning.
Let someone be part of your new found Goldmine,if it were in developed countries the person that thejob is given to will look for someone that is good and contract it to him/her since he is not good in that field but in Nigeria case the person will either convince the client to implement the technology he understands.The man has a reason that he wants .Net for him to take such decision he had already made his survey.
Goodluck
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by yawatide(f): 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2013
No amount of money is worth a damage to my reputation. Even if it were 10K and I knew all the requirements for the site (something OP hasn't alluded to here), I wouldn't take it. I know PHP. Though I have an asp.net book I bought last year for the purpose of learning it (since i figured I am losing potential business), I haven't even gone past the cover page. I personally wouldn't:

1) Take the job
2) Outsource it to someone else (to dangerous, considering you could get the code but not know what it is actually doing)

Obviously, the final choice is on you. My advice would be not to take it. Over time, you are bound to make the N7m doing what you know best, PHP.
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by greenmouse(m): 4:19pm On Aug 01, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
No amount of money is worth a damage to my reputation. Even if it were 10K and I knew all the requirements for the site (something OP hasn't alluded to here), I wouldn't take it. I know PHP. Though I have an asp.net book I bought last year for the purpose of learning it (since i figured I am losing potential business), I haven't even gone past the cover page. I personally wouldn't:

1) Take the job
2) Outsource it to someone else (to dangerous, considering you could get the code but not know what it is actually doing)

Obviously, the final choice is on you. My advice would be not to take it. Over time, you are bound to make the N7m doing what you know best, PHP.
My best friend on nairaland, I love your advice. I accepted the job before now and also got other jobs recently too.

Thanks to God almighty for the insight and projects gotten this days and always. I will get to see u one day soon @yewatide.
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by cindayat05(m): 10:08am On Aug 03, 2013
Greenmouse please follow flexpros advice and do what is expected of a CEO, unless you have a difft motive for this post. Moreover the last time i checked, your office don't speak big of you as you come here to claim. If that ogba office is your main office i guess u don't need any advice here,cos 500k will transform that office to look more like an IT firm rather than a business centre.
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by Acidosis(m): 11:18am On Aug 03, 2013
^ grin
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by Pins(m): 11:31am On Aug 03, 2013
Asp.net is a vry simple language to learn.have seen ur works and i knw u are a very sharp mind. u can dedicate 4 days to learn it and u will be successful.i learnt it in a week.pls don't even consider outsourcing as an option else u won't hv an opportunity to increase ur knowledge.and pls those that said dat 7m is too much,are the joomla and drupal guys in nairaland,they knw ntin abt coding and their office is their laptop and bedroom and so they charge 35k for websites and move on to joomla to solve their problems and sites built by them kip getting hacked by the bad guys and at the end we dat code are still called to restore the website to its original state and fix the security flaws.
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by Kingsonly: 8:17pm On Aug 03, 2013
Come on its simple get a .net developer to do u a demo may b ur Frnd 4 free at same time u would do a simple php demo show ur client let dem make a choice. Cause I feel u can do a nice job with php to prove a point.
Re: A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. by flexpro(m): 6:08am On Aug 06, 2013
Many Web Developer/Web Designer in Nigeria don't know the business inside website development services, is not all about collecting a project worth NGN5 Million is all about how well you manage and keep the customer to wanting more from you and of cos prompt customer service is key.

cindayat05: Greenmouse please follow flexpros advice and do what is expected of a CEO, unless you have a difft motive for this post. Moreover the last time i checked, your office don't speak big of you as you come here to claim. If that ogba office is your main office i guess u don't need any advice here,cos 500k will transform that office to look more like an IT firm rather than a business centre.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Own A Callertunes Service Company / Gtb Mobile App For Android:procedures / I Will Tell The Secrets On How I Design Websites.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.