Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist (18899 Views)

Jonathan Fires All Law School Directors / Jonathan Fires DG Of BPE / Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Localamos(m): 8:57am On Apr 01, 2013
shymexx: Lmao.. Funny story showing how chameleonic and unprincipled most Nigerians are... They critique when they're hungry, however, they change their tune once they start eating and getting fat... grin

Like they say: "The way to a man's heart is his stomach."

Ermmm.... Delete that...

The right quote: "The way to a Nigerian's heart is his stomach."

That's more like it... undecided

Nigerians simply know how to observe table manners: Don't talk when eating!

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Ribaman(m): 8:58am On Apr 01, 2013
bandely: As fresh crisis surrounding the health of the First Lady Mrs. Patience Jonathan brews, the presidency has fired her spokesman, Mr. Ayo Osinlu. The news is contained in a press release issued by the president’s Special Assistant on the Media, Dr. Reuben Abati.

Sahara-reporters sources say that the decision to fire Mr. Osinlu was taken by the First Lady from her hospital bed in Europe. Mrs. Patience Jonathan was mad at the inability of Mr. Osinlu to provide a foolproof decoy of a story to distract the media from her current medical surgeon abroad.

Mr. Osinlu was roundly criticized for the way he handled the news about the whereabouts of the First Lady last year. During the period, Mr. Osinlu told journalists that the First Lady went to Germany on vacation but Mrs. Jonathan later confirmed the story published by Saharareporters that she was hospitalized in Germany for weeks.

Our sources in Abuja said that the presidency felt that Mr. Osinlu had lost credibility with the media establishment and that the First Lady needed a heavy hitter the way the president recruited Dr. Doyin Okupe to strengthen his media team that was once in disarray.

All efforts by Saharareporters to reach Mr. Osinlu by phone and text failed.

In the press release, the presidency named Rudolf Okonkwo as the new spokesman of the wife of the President. “Mr. Okonkwo,” the release says, “has a good understanding of social media and the internet world and will use those skills to counter the barrage of lies being peddled by some disgruntled Nigerians on the web about the person of our First Lady.”

Until his new appointment Mr. Okonkwo was a columnist for Saharareporters.com and the host of Dr. Damages Show. His satirical show routinely makes fun of the First Lady as well as mine President Jonathan’s utterances to create an unflattering portrayal of the president.

Since the announcement all efforts to reach Mr. Okonkwo by phone and text has failed. Saharareporters cannot ascertain his whereabouts at press time.

A friend of Mr. Okonkwo told Saharareporters.com that he was not surprised at Mr. Okonkwo’s acceptance of this position in a government he had roundly condemned. “The man is as poor as a church rat and I knew it was a matter of time before he jumped ship,” he said. “He is following the lead of the likes of Reuben Abati and Femi Fani-Kayode. They are all shameless hypocrites.”

The move to appoint Mr. Okonkwo as Mrs. Jonathan’s spokesman is seen by some Aso Rock observers as “a coup” of some sort as one of voices critical of Jonathan’s administration will effectively be silenced.

Speaking to our correspondent, an Abuja based editor who pleaded anonymity said that he doubted if this appointment would work. “Rudolf Okonkwo was at one time a promising journalist,” he said. “But right now, for all intents and purposes, he is just a clown. You don’t use a clown to defend another clown.”

The Abuja editor went on to say, “I hope this is just an April Fools’ joke.”

mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/first-lady-patience-jonathan-fires-her-spokesman-appoints-us-based-satirist-media-aide

Sheh this na 1st April?
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Tolexander: 8:59am On Apr 01, 2013
luv2talk: WHAT!!!! shocked shocked shocked
This woman is as confused as Mr Retarded hubby, Is Ayo osinlu an architect of her miserable life? why should she Fire him for saying the truth this time?
She fired ISIAKA ALIAGAN her former media aid for no reason, Now, its the turnof Ayo osinlu...Kai, See how Money makes a Respected Journalist look like a LEARNER grin grin grin
cant you see it's april fool?
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 01, 2013
Is SR also doing April fool? Incredible! Or is the report true?
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by 9jawikileaks(m): 9:05am On Apr 01, 2013
splashbaby: Until Pacie talk on her return...nothing should be believed! don't be a leaner.
every1 is flowing with the joke here, urself is d learner
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by splashbaby(m): 9:11am On Apr 01, 2013
9jawikileaks:
every1 is flowing with the joke here, urself is d learner
hehehehehe you missed it...why now! Are you still a learner?
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Pennywise(m): 9:37am On Apr 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Is SR also doing April fool? Incredible! Or is the report true?

Jonathan/Anenih administration is a bad April fool's joke that wouldnt go away! !

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by tyson55(m): 9:50am On Apr 01, 2013
Pennywise:

Jonathan/Anenih administration is a bad April fool's joke that wouldnt go away! !
grin grin grin

Lol
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by babalat(m): 10:04am On Apr 01, 2013
Now,I want 2 see who sabi lie pass in ds liein competition between Abati,Doyin okupe and d new recruit Okonkwo
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by deols(f): 10:19am On Apr 01, 2013
Those trying not to appear as fools may end up being the fools.

I'd rather lipsrsealed
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by simdam500(m): 10:26am On Apr 01, 2013
Sahara desert...... Ermmmm... I mean sahara reporters at it again... They are fond of stories like this, it april though, soo i dont knw wat they are upto
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Sundex70: 10:32am On Apr 01, 2013
I reserve my comment.
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by omenka(m): 10:36am On Apr 01, 2013
splashbaby: Until Pacie talk on her return...nothing should be believed! don't be a learner.

You just missed out on a good joke, sorry buddy.
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by dbride: 10:44am On Apr 01, 2013
If this is true, then something new is about to happen. I smell big time betrayal that will not favour Patience at all. Who trusts a one-time internationally aclaimed enemy, for whatever price? Everybody cannot be Reuben Abati. Like I said, if it is true, then let's wait and see.
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by luluosas(m): 10:48am On Apr 01, 2013
bandely: As fresh crisis surrounding the health of the First Lady Mrs. Patience Jonathan brews, the presidency has fired her spokesman, Mr. Ayo Osinlu. The news is contained in a press release issued by the president’s Special Assistant on the Media, Dr. Reuben Abati.

Sahara-reporters sources say that the decision to fire Mr. Osinlu was taken by the First Lady from her hospital bed in Europe. Mrs. Patience Jonathan was mad at the inability of Mr. Osinlu to provide a foolproof decoy of a story to distract the media from her current medical surgeon abroad.

Mr. Osinlu was roundly criticized for the way he handled the news about the whereabouts of the First Lady last year. During the period, Mr. Osinlu told journalists that the First Lady went to Germany on vacation but Mrs. Jonathan later confirmed the story published by Saharareporters that she was hospitalized in Germany for weeks.

Our sources in Abuja said that the presidency felt that Mr. Osinlu had lost credibility with the media establishment and that the First Lady needed a heavy hitter the way the president recruited Dr. Doyin Okupe to strengthen his media team that was once in disarray.

All efforts by Saharareporters to reach Mr. Osinlu by phone and text failed.

In the press release, the presidency named Rudolf Okonkwo as the new spokesman of the wife of the President. “Mr. Okonkwo,” the release says, “has a good understanding of social media and the internet world and will use those skills to counter the barrage of lies being peddled by some disgruntled Nigerians on the web about the person of our First Lady.”

Until his new appointment Mr. Okonkwo was a columnist for Saharareporters.com and the host of Dr. Damages Show. His satirical show routinely makes fun of the First Lady as well as mine President Jonathan’s utterances to create an unflattering portrayal of the president.

Since the announcement all efforts to reach Mr. Okonkwo by phone and text has failed. Saharareporters cannot ascertain his whereabouts at press time.

A friend of Mr. Okonkwo told Saharareporters.com that he was not surprised at Mr. Okonkwo’s acceptance of this position in a government he had roundly condemned. “The man is as poor as a church rat and I knew it was a matter of time before he jumped ship,” he said. “He is following the lead of the likes of Reuben Abati and Femi Fani-Kayode. They are all shameless hypocrites.”

The move to appoint Mr. Okonkwo as Mrs. Jonathan’s spokesman is seen by some Aso Rock observers as “a coup” of some sort as one of voices critical of Jonathan’s administration will effectively be silenced.

Speaking to our correspondent, an Abuja based editor who pleaded anonymity said that he doubted if this appointment would work. “Rudolf Okonkwo was at one time a promising journalist,” he said. “But right now, for all intents and purposes, he is just a clown. You don’t use a clown to defend another clown.”

The Abuja editor went on to say, “I hope this is just an April Fools’ joke.”

mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/first-lady-patience-jonathan-fires-her-spokesman-appoints-us-based-satirist-media-aide

Now, this government want to turn every truthful and objective journalist in Nigeria to a baggage of rubbish. I pity those falling for these bait for a mere naira benefits.
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 11:21am On Apr 01, 2013
Many people took this joke serious
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 01, 2013
This is not just April Fool's message. This is the iconic pattern that Sahara Reporters cook up their stories. Perfect Liars.
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by maasoap(m): 11:44am On Apr 01, 2013
mitwitdot:
Everyone has got a price...it may not be financial. The contacts, networking and exposure that can be achieved at that level of government can only be imagined! Having sad that, why should he refuse the appointment? Being a spokesman in the presidency is just like every reporting job...sometimes u exaggerate, withhold infos, etc Congrats to Okonkwo on this great feat!
They don't exaggerate, they don't withhold information sometimes but they tell lie all the time.
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by luluosas(m): 11:49am On Apr 01, 2013
mkpakana odogwu: Many people took this joke serious
What if it is true?
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 01, 2013
Jonathan the strategist..... hit below the belt if u ask me!!

The job offer is really tempting..... i dont blame the guy
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by OperaMini1(m): 1:26pm On Apr 01, 2013
This better be a joke o, or else I'd recommend Sowore or Okey Ndibe to replace Abati.
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by SOJ111(m): 5:48pm On Apr 01, 2013
Nice one!
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2013
men, if this is true, dr damages no try at all
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 01, 2013
This is definitely the best April fools joke I've seen so far.
Re: Patience Jonathan Fires Her Spokesman, Appoints US-based Satirist by immanuelnoni: 3:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
lol... Only 4 naija...lol

www.gist123..com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion / Soldiers Arrest Hoodlums Who Invaded Rivers LGA Ahead Of Re-run Election. Photos / Hushpuppi: Police Under Pressure From AGF, Others To Clear Abba Kyari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.