Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

The Splendors Of God's Throne - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Splendors Of God's Throne (587 Views)

Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here / God’s Throne Of Grace / In Front Of God's Throne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Splendors Of God's Throne by sidespin: 5:11am On Apr 01, 2013
THE SPLENDORS OF THE THRONE

Beyond all my power of description are the splendors of the throne itself. As we approached nearer the
center of the great city and to the region of the Father’s throne, mighty waves of light and glory came
constantly rolling over us, and with them came such refreshing baths of love, peace and joy, that our
gladness was indescribable, having reached a degree of perfection never known before. The noiseless
chariots were moving in all directions. Countless throngs of happy spirits, clothed in the purest garments
and the expression of every face being that of the serenest peace and composure of soul were moving
toward and from the throne.
Vast numbers like ourselves were approaching the throne for the first time, many of whom had been
within the compass of the majestic wall a long time, but the entire satisfaction with all the surroundings
and the perfect contentment of soul made them linger long at each new object with which they came in
contact. It was well for them that they did, for the glory of the throne which excelleth all else would be
too great for them.
I saw many who, on account of the majesty, glory and light, were so overcome, that it reminded me
much of the experience of many on earth during great revival seasons, whose spiritual perceptions were
greater than their nervous powers to endure, hence there followed prostrations, trances, fainting,
shoutings and kindred experiences. I found even in heaven that there was a development and growth of
the powers of the soul even to an endless perfection, and a strength of mental capacity unknown on earth
or even at the first entrance into the heavenly state.
Yes, endless perfection, and still, while approaching, yet never could reach the perfection of God.
The majesty of the throne is indeed beyond description. Notwithstanding we had been graciously
prepared for it, yet we were so overawed at our surroundings and the sight before us that we did not
know what to say- or even think. Comparisons with earthly scenes, the richest and grandest or the
greatest works of man would give but a faint idea, even human language itself is too tame to tell the
story. The memories of childhood experiences were constantly rushing through our minds, so that I said
to myself again and again, "Is this only a dream or is it real? Have I seen a vision or am I really in
heaven? No dream ever came to me on earth like this; no grandeur ever equaled it; no dream of glory so
enchanting."
We had been standing spellbound a long time, when a man whose face was beaming with a halo of light,
came to us; he seemed to realize our situation and said: "Dear brethren, have you just come to the throne
for the first time?"
As he came near us and spoke, we thought we recognized him, but having met so many in such a short
time we were not sure that he was of those in the chariot. "Indeed," I replied, "we have been for quite a
little time within the city, but have been detained with so many things and wonderful scenes, that we
could not reach the throne earlier."
"You have been wise," said our friend, who was interesting himself in us, "for even now you are none
too well prepared for the great things which are just before you. If you would like to have me, I will
accompany you for just a little while in your introduction to this most blessed and exalted place in our
Father’s house."
We would be much pleased to have you do so, for we are in much ignorance as to what is before us."
I turned to Bohemond and said: "How fortunate to have such company and assistance, and yet we knew
that in our Father’s house with its many mansions we need have no fears for our needs would be met at
the right time."
"At this he brought us to a sparkling fountain not far from one of the great entrances to the throne, and
with a golden goblet gave us a drink, then he went a little distance to a mammoth tree whose branches
were everywhere hanging low and brought us each a cluster of its fruit, when we had eaten it, he
pronounced a blessing upon us and suddenly our eyes and minds were prepared for the greatest glories to
which a mortal man has ever been exalted, and to those scenes we will now turn our attention. (Seneca Sodi)

THE SPLENDORS OF THE THRONE

Beyond all my power of description are the splendors of the throne itself. As we approached nearer the
center of the great city and to the region of the Father’s throne, mighty waves of light and glory came
constantly rolling over us, and with them came such refreshing baths of love, peace and joy, that our
gladness was indescribable, having reached a degree of perfection never known before. The noiseless
chariots were moving in all directions. Countless throngs of happy spirits, clothed in the purest garments
and the expression of every face being that of the serenest peace and composure of soul were moving
toward and from the throne.
Vast numbers like ourselves were approaching the throne for the first time, many of whom had been
within the compass of the majestic wall a long time, but the entire satisfaction with all the surroundings
and the perfect contentment of soul made them linger long at each new object with which they came in
contact. It was well for them that they did, for the glory of the throne which excelleth all else would be
too great for them.
I saw many who, on account of the majesty, glory and light, were so overcome, that it reminded me
much of the experience of many on earth during great revival seasons, whose spiritual perceptions were
greater than their nervous powers to endure, hence there followed prostrations, trances, fainting,
shoutings and kindred experiences. I found even in heaven that there was a development and growth of
the powers of the soul even to an endless perfection, and a strength of mental capacity unknown on earth
or even at the first entrance into the heavenly state.
Yes, endless perfection, and still, while approaching, yet never could reach the perfection of God.
The majesty of the throne is indeed beyond description. Notwithstanding we had been graciously
prepared for it, yet we were so overawed at our surroundings and the sight before us that we did not
know what to say- or even think. Comparisons with earthly scenes, the richest and grandest or the
greatest works of man would give but a faint idea, even human language itself is too tame to tell the
story. The memories of childhood experiences were constantly rushing through our minds, so that I said
to myself again and again, "Is this only a dream or is it real? Have I seen a vision or am I really in
heaven? No dream ever came to me on earth like this; no grandeur ever equaled it; no dream of glory so
enchanting."
We had been standing spellbound a long time, when a man whose face was beaming with a halo of light,
came to us; he seemed to realize our situation and said: "Dear brethren, have you just come to the throne
for the first time?"
As he came near us and spoke, we thought we recognized him, but having met so many in such a short
time we were not sure that he was of those in the chariot. "Indeed," I replied, "we have been for quite a
little time within the city, but have been detained with so many things and wonderful scenes, that we
could not reach the throne earlier."
"You have been wise," said our friend, who was interesting himself in us, "for even now you are none
too well prepared for the great things which are just before you. If you would like to have me, I will
accompany you for just a little while in your introduction to this most blessed and exalted place in our
Father’s house."
We would be much pleased to have you do so, for we are in much ignorance as to what is before us."
I turned to Bohemond and said: "How fortunate to have such company and assistance, and yet we knew
that in our Father’s house with its many mansions we need have no fears for our needs would be met at
the right time."
"At this he brought us to a sparkling fountain not far from one of the great entrances to the throne, and
with a golden goblet gave us a drink, then he went a little distance to a mammoth tree whose branches
were everywhere hanging low and brought us each a cluster of its fruit, when we had eaten it, he
pronounced a blessing upon us and suddenly our eyes and minds were prepared for the greatest glories to
which a mortal man has ever been exalted, and to those scenes we will now turn our attention. (Seneca Sodi)

(1) (Reply)

The Final Pope? / The 7th Heaven / How To Stop Sexual Sin And Backsliding - The Biblical Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.