Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Is Revolution Sincerely The Way Forward For Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Revolution Sincerely The Way Forward For Nigeria? (879 Views)

The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation / Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari / Tinubu Calls For Revolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Revolution Sincerely The Way Forward For Nigeria? by joe4christ(m): 9:04am On Apr 01, 2013
Online dictionary defines revolution as;
1. A forcible overthrow of a government or social order
for a new system
2. (in Marxism) The class struggle that is expected to lead
to political change and the triumph of communism.
Now, my question is, is revolution really the way forward for Nigeria as a nation?
And if yes, then is revolution really feasible in a country as this, where an average citizen of this nation is self-centered and only worry about their own personal interest, no even minding the interest of their own upcoming generations, and that is one of the reasons why corruption is on the increase in this nation.
So, the question is, is revolutional tendencies feasible in nigeria, are nigerians ready and willing to rise up to their feet and with ''Enough is Enough'' at the back of their mind and fight for the betterment of this great nation and for the future of generations yet unborn.
CAUSION: Please dont rain down insults on me, me self don tire for 9ja mata jare!
Re: Is Revolution Sincerely The Way Forward For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 01, 2013
joe4christ: Online dictionary defines revolution as;
1. A forcible overthrow of a government or social order
for a new system
2. (in Marxism) The class struggle that is expected to lead
to political change and the triumph of communism.
Now, my question is, is revolution really the way forward for Nigeria as a nation?
And if yes, then is revolution really feasible in a country as this, where an average citizen of this nation is self-centered and only worry about their own personal interest, no even minding the interest of their own upcoming generations, and that is one of the reasons why corruption is on the increase in this nation.
So, the question is, is revolutional tendencies feasible in nigeria, are nigerians ready and willing to rise up to their feet and with ''Enough is Enough'' at the back of their mind and fight for the betterment of this great nation and for the future of generations yet unborn.
CAUSION: Please dont rain down insults on me, me self don tire for 9ja mata jare!
In a democracy, the power of revolution is in your thumb. Use your thumb to vote out non-performers or corrupt leaders. Good enough our elections are getting cleaner. Former governor Ohakim of Imo state could not survive the REVOLTE of the people's thumb despite his power of incumbency.
Re: Is Revolution Sincerely The Way Forward For Nigeria? by confusion247(m): 9:42am On Apr 01, 2013
Please forget about revolution in Nigeria because we are divided between tribe, ethnicity and religious lines. If revolution occurs today in Nigeria, who will assume or take the mantle of leadership?
Re: Is Revolution Sincerely The Way Forward For Nigeria? by ikeyman00(m): 9:52am On Apr 01, 2013
@@@@

it depends on wat u termed revolution

hope u aint referring to bbang-wagon looting and destroying families and stuff

The revolution we are talking about is when

1; The pastor start to tell the politicians wat they dnt wana hear

2;People start to stand up to contractors when they build questionable roads

3;praising people in an occasion; music should be banned nationwide

4; the northerners should be able to stand up to tell their looters enough is enough

5; igbo;oduduwa etc should embrace truth and love at all time

6;any governor that owes salary to the staff should be shamed in the national newspaper

7; road assessment should be showcase in the press
Re: Is Revolution Sincerely The Way Forward For Nigeria? by joe4christ(m): 10:08am On Apr 01, 2013
ikeyman00: @@@@

it depends on wat u termed revolution

hope u aint referring to bbang-wagon looting and destroying families and stuff

The revolution we are talking about is when

1; The pastor start to tell the politicians wat they dnt wana hear

2;People start to stand up to contractors when they build questionable roads

3;praising people in an occasion; music should be banned nationwide

4; the northerners should be able to stand up to tell their looters enough is enough

5; igbo;oduduwa etc should embrace truth and love at all time

6;any governor that owes salary to the staff should be shamed in the national newspaper

7; road assessment should be showcase in the press

Yea, i kinda agree with you on this, but aint there nothing we as citizen of this country can do to save this country from getting worse?
Cos this nation dont seem to be getting any better.
And it's paining me like die!
Re: Is Revolution Sincerely The Way Forward For Nigeria? by PapaBrowne(m): 10:40am On Apr 01, 2013
Any revolution that starts in Nigeria would end up with Northerners killing Southerners and maybe reprisals!

The real revolution we need is a revolution of the mind of the citizens. Any overthrow of government would result in the same kind of people getting back in power or probably worse. Afterall the people in power today were all members of the regular society yesterday.

Once again I repeat, the real revolution we need is a revolution of the mind of we the citizens.

-We need that guy who would rather buy a 300 million naira flat in Ikoyi to have mind revolution and consider using that money in scooping up large tracts of land and farming cocoa.
-We need that guy who keeps waiting on government jobs to have a mind revolution and start thinking entrepreneurship.
-We need that student who is planning to cheat his way into university to have a mind revolution and get on his books and understand his subjects.We also need that lecturer to stop selling handouts as a prerequisites to passing his course.
-We need that fast food owner who keeps selling spoilt chicken to have mind revolution and start ensuring he serves the best to his customers.
-And we need that bus driver to have a mind revolution and start treating his passengers with some level of respect. And the market woman too. And the Bricklayer and the Factory worker.
-We need those nairaland e-tribalists to have a mind revolution and gain the understanding that in the real sense of it, there are no tribes, there are just languages and cultures.

Its a mind revolution we need. And that revolution starts with you.
Ask yourself, what can I do to improve my neighborhood and my country at large. Why is my house so scattered.
Why haven't I painted my house in the last 15 years and yet I drink beer every day there is a premier league match?
Why do I throw dirt on the streets when I can actually wait and put it in a dustbin?
Why do I always falsify figures at the office or laugh and celebrate when others do it?
Why is bribery the easiest way out anytime I find a bottleneck?

The revolution starts with you. Inside your mind. Then it spreads to the people around you. And then it begins to gather critical mass. And then it spills over and the whole country catches the fever.

1 Like

Re: Is Revolution Sincerely The Way Forward For Nigeria? by joe4christ(m): 10:59am On Apr 01, 2013
PapaBrowne: Any revolution that starts in Nigeria would end up with Northerners killing Southerners and maybe reprisals!

The real revolution we need is a revolution of the mind of the citizens. Any overthrow of government would result in the same kind of people getting back in power or probably worse. Afterall the people in power today were all members of the regular society yesterday.

Once again I repeat, the real revolution we need is a revolution of the mind.

-We need that guy who would rather buy a 300 million naira flat in Ikoyi to have mind revolution and consider using that money in scooping up large tracts of land and farming cocoa.
-We need that guy who keeps waiting on government jobs to have a mind revolution and start think entrepreneurship.
-We need that student who is planning to cheat his way into university to have a mind revolution and get and his books and understand his subjects.
-We also need that lecturer to stop selling handouts as a prerequisites to passing his course.
-We need that fast food owner who keeps selling spoilt chicken to have mind revolution and start ensuring he serves the best to his customers.
-And we need that bus driver to have a mind revolution and start treating his passengers with some level of respect. And the market woman too. And the Bricklayer and the Factory worker.
-We need those nairaland e-tribalists to have a mind revolution and gain the understanding that in the real sense of it, there are no tribes, there are just languages and cultures.

Its a mind revolution we need. And that revolution starts with you.
Ask yourself, what can I do to improve my country. Why is my house so scattered.
Why havent I painted my house in the last 15 years and yet I drink beer every on every premier league match?
Why do I throw dirt on the streets when I can actually wait and put it in a dustbin?
Why do I always falsify figures at the office or laugh and celebrate when others do it?

The revolution starts with you. Inside your mind. Then it spreads to the people around you. And then it begins gather critical mass. And then it spills over and the whole country catches the fever.

You are right, but how can this be archeived collectively when it would seem as if one is waging war against millions having opposite ideologies and perception on the right track that needed to be taken towards Nation building.
I would have really been in support of military taking over power, but history in this lane does'nt speak well, so i guess that would'nt be a good wish at all.
I'm just confuse about the way forward.
Damn!
Re: Is Revolution Sincerely The Way Forward For Nigeria? by belovedaja(m): 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2013
Yes revolution is the answer
Re: Is Revolution Sincerely The Way Forward For Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 01, 2013
People are just plain stoopid and unsophisticated. Some even think revolution is not possible because of ethnic divides?

Well if you truly for revolution in Nigeria, you will know that the reasons we are divided along the ethnic lines is because there has never been a true revolution in the first place.

Coups are not revolution. Killing people of other tribes and leaving yours is not a revolution. So all these scared, crumb taking, revolution hating fools really need to think.
Re: Is Revolution Sincerely The Way Forward For Nigeria? by asha80(m): 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
revolution usually occurs in 'closed' and 'rigidly' led societies.nigeria is neither of both.
Re: Is Revolution Sincerely The Way Forward For Nigeria? by asha80(m): 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
revolution usually occurs in 'closed' and 'rigidly' governed societies.nigeria is neither of both.
Re: Is Revolution Sincerely The Way Forward For Nigeria? by PapaBrowne(m): 2:48pm On Apr 01, 2013
0lumide: People are just plain stoopid and unsophisticated. Some even think revolution is not possible because of ethnic divides?

Well if you truly for revolution in Nigeria, you will know that the reasons we are divided along the ethnic lines is because there has never been a true revolution in the first place.

Coups are not revolution. Killing people of other tribes and leaving yours is not a revolution. So all these scared, crumb taking, revolution hating fools really need to think.

Constant cursing and bitterness.....a common characteristic of improper upbringing. Also a very common characteristic of those highly unintelligent. I am pretty confident now that there has to be a correlation between poor upbringing and eventual unintelligence or non intelligence whichever one suffices.
Re: Is Revolution Sincerely The Way Forward For Nigeria? by ticon4life(m): 3:39pm On Apr 01, 2013
yes oh!

(1) (Reply)

Condoms, Drugs Flood Boko Haram Camps / ASUP,ASUU,NUPENG And NMA (resident Doctors). / Nigerian Constitution Amendment Promotes Paedophilia (abhors Homosexuality)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.