Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award (12300 Views)

Meet Francisca Okereke, First Female Dean, FPS, UNN. / 10 States With The Highest Literacy Rate, According To Unesco. / Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by guruobinna: 9:34am On Apr 03, 2013
c.fours:
What the topic fails to mention is that the award is for only "Women In Science"
we all know that it is the women that are achievers in Igbo tribe. Nwela Okonjo etc. the men are usually spare part dealers.

If the award was not gender restrained, then certainly yoruba men will lead the race cool
if you look at the ministers in nigeria for example, 90% of igbo ministers in nigeria are women.
so where are the men. selling CDs and akpoche in ketu grin
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by IGBOSON1: 9:51am On Apr 03, 2013
Onlytruth:

My friend I don't think you reason well. Please don't take offense.

I'll give you an analogy.

There is a country of animals -made up of MANY different animals -lions, tigers, pigs, goat, eagles, etc.
It just happened that by accident of history, the pig connived to capture power, and set out to design the nation according to its world-view.
Lion, goats, tigers, eagles, all were forced to view the world from the pigs perspective.
The lion abandoned its games of catching and eating other animals in the open grasslands of the savana; same with the tiger;the eagle cannot build its nest on the tree tops; the goat abandoned eating grass too.

All were forced to dwell in the mud and scavenge from there, like the pig. Occasionally, the eagle would "escape" and go "abroad" to win laurels for the "animal nation"; but it still has to return there and dwell in the mud, else, it would be accused of arrogance and haughtiness and pride. As "one nation", all animals must necessarily roll around in the mud/cesspit as a way to ensure that each never singles itself out for censure by "the center" (an alliance of animals at home with the pig's ideology).

Is there any amount of external laurels that would enable the eagle to create an appropriate "eagles nest" inside the mud? Not on the watch of the pig overlord of course! Every good thing must begin and end in the mud, according to the pig.

The eagle's natural dwelling place -its nest- is on TOP OF THE TALLEST TREES, but it would be ganged up on and connived against if it dares to escape the mud for a proper tree top. The last time it tried, the gang up almost exterminated it.

But one thing the eagle knows for sure is that the pig will not rule for ever, at least not a unified "animal nation". One of these days, the pig will be forced to accept to never rule again, or the animal nation will divide. The eagle knows this because its natural habit is to fly as high as possible to view the future. It is the animal with the longest foresight. cool

^^^Quite an apt analogy Onlytruth!

Just to add that the 'Eagle' in this story could be any of Nigerias' ethnicities (Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Hausa/Fulani, Ibibio-Efik-Annag, etc)......the 'Pig' in this story -as far as i'm concerned- are the owners of Nigeria led by the Hausa/Fulani oligarchy (of whom even their people are victims of their unbridled greed,visionlessness and lust for power for the primitive accumulation of wealth).

No ethnicity is superior to another genetically; the difference stems from 'environment' and 'culture'!

1 Like

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by IFEDILIEZE(m): 10:10am On Apr 03, 2013
woodcook: I guess that is Prof P.N Okeke's wife. Congrat prof.
yeah dts pn okeke's wife

1 Like

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by IFEDILIEZE(m): 10:18am On Apr 03, 2013
bros856: Make them marry ooooo! they are not carrying any of those awards to anyway at old age. Family first.
you are a big fool, cant u appr8e good thgs without castigating. For ur info, prof f.n. Okeke is married to prof p.n. Okeke(d real pn okeke ie if u eva went to high schl) together they have a medical doctor, 3 pharmasicts and 2 engineers as offsprings, not to mention 9 grandkids.

3 Likes

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by aryzgreat: 10:43am On Apr 03, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

Mumu underage, yet an IGBO man is a commissioner in Lagos, look at all the investment and financial management he is bringing to lagos, Most Igbo spare part dealers in Lagos are all graduates if u dont know , they will get the certificate and dump it one corner while making their Benjamin from business

Don't mind the tiger-claw-face lazy coward. He should go to Ladipo and Alaba or Trade fair and see M.sc and MBA holders doing their thing, he thinks importation business is akin to frying akara inside gutter. As an importer u do L.C and an illiterate may not understand or even initial a letter of credit talkless of sorting out a business proposal with a foreign partner. They are quick to blab about spare parts, yet they are the ppl that flood ladipo to buy cheap tokumbo spare parts, bunch of poverty stricken lazy ugly loud mouths. Let them keep hating, It pushes us to excel in any thing we do. Am a proud Igbo cool

5 Likes

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2013
c.fours:

proove yourself before talking. if you igbos were so bright, SE will look like America by now and everybody will be dying to live there even if they have to wash toilet or sleep under the bridge.
But we all know it's the other way round. Ibo parasites fleeing their region and wishing to reap in places they did not sow. na greed dey kill you.
quota ko, counter ni.

why not leave the public sector and go and work in private sector? abi is there quota in private sector? shouldn't you be in private sector anyway, if you're so smart?
Over-sabi.

SE is not in biafra yet, its still in Nigeria and Nigerian factor isnt a progressive factor.
if i may ask , which tribe in Nigeria dey private sector pass? We all know the tribe that depends on govt the most, even those of them in private sector still rely on the govt to sharpen policies for them to succeed.U see how some of u in the spirit of jealousy bring out your ignorance.
Mention your own region, let me see how it is better than SE. Na because u see igbos in your area, u think say SE dey underpopulated abi? Nwanne, Dem full ground for SE d way dem full all over the world making thingz. Hahaha
abeg, leave dat talk. Stick to the topic. Those biafran women(lol) are great, arent they?
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 03, 2013
nwabobo:

Thank you. If the title were to be 1500 Nugerians in Malaysian prisons for drug related offences, You'd say they are from a particular tribe. Now that it is a positive achievement, they are Nugerians.

Look in the mirror my friend, and you'll see the stupid man.

Good to know that you refer to mean as a silly MAN ..... At least I'm still a man but u are a SILLY COW. MALU OSHI .....
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 03, 2013
truelove.com:

Where were your dull and illiterate yoruba brain , when an igbo man "philip emagwali" built the fastest computer in the world. And where was your lazy brains , when a book "things fall apart" written by chinua achebe , became the highest selling book ever written by a black man in the world……Where was your lazy tribe , when Kanu nwankwo won the European best player award(back to back) and also African best player at the same time..

Good to know bro MR know all.... Where were your hopeless,deluded and your clueless tribe when Wole Soyinka became the first and only Nigeria Nobel prize winner and mind u the first in Africa.When Rashidi Yekini Won the African Footballer of the year and became the first Nigerian to attain such Height. Where were u when Soji Fasuba became the fastest man in Africa. What u don't know about Yorubas is we make history and u (igbos) follows history and read about us.... Lol I'm proud to be a YORUBA BOY
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 03, 2013
aryzgreat:

Don't mind the tiger-claw-face lazy coward. He should go to Ladipo and Alaba or Trade fair and see M.sc and MBA holders doing their thing, he thinks importation business is akin to frying akara inside gutter. As an importer u do L.C and an illiterate may not understand or even initial a letter of credit talkless of sorting out a business proposal with a foreign partner. They are quick to blab about spare parts, yet they are the ppl that flood ladipo to buy cheap tokumbo spare parts, bunch of poverty stricken lazy ugly loud mouths. Let them keep hating, It pushes us to excel in any thing we do. Am a proud Igbo cool

Shey nah the new Biafra flag be that?? Walahi IGBOS no get creativity at all ..... U look silly and stupid.... Yorubas are far ahead of u guys. U better go back to red eroded soil and wallow in your poverty
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 03, 2013
[quote author=Jastombutex11]

Good to know bro MR know all.... Where were your hopeless,deluded and your clueless tribe when Wole Soyinka became the first and only Nigeria Nobel prize winner and mind u the first in Africa.When Rashidi Yekini Won the African Footballer of the year and became the first Nigerian to attain such Height. Where were u when Soji Fasuba became the fastest man in Africa. What u don't know about Yorubas is we make history and u (igbos) follows history and read about us.... Lol I'm proud to be a YORUBA BOY[/quoteno mind hypocrites if it was crime now na then dem go dey shout"they are nigerians"
but now na beta thing they are no longer nigerians but biafrans mtcheew
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 03, 2013
See how igbo people are doing this nation proud!All those Igbo haters will •̸№t see this one now τ̲̅ȍ make their negative comments.Oofe nmanu people!!oya I don pass d mic τ̲̅ȍ una.
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 03, 2013
Jastombutex11:

Shey nah the new Biafra flag be that?? Walahi IGBOS no get creativity at all ..... U look silly and stupid.... Yorubas are far ahead of u guys. U better go back to red eroded soil and wallow in your poverty
Igbos, poverty kwa? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Wonders shall never end

1 Like

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 03, 2013
aryzgreat:

Dont mind them. They think being a business man is being illiterate. When i was still a medical student @ Nnewi, many of my consultants have spare parts outlets and warehouses @ Nnewi Auto mkt, some are importers. So does it mean a consultant doctor is an illiterate b/c he is a bizman?
Even as our illiterates do business, what do their own illiterates do? Omonile, agbero, almajiris. Mtchew. Igbos are far ahead
when u make a group of ppl to work hard before they can enjoy the nation's treasury, u might be making them suffer but simultaneously, u are bringing out the best in them. They only live to see their best because thats the hope they have. Nepotism ,federal xter and quota wont favour them, cos after d war, these things were created to sideline them and merit became their only hope. Its well

1 Like

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by toboy: 9:59pm On Apr 03, 2013
prof Okeke thought me for just a few lectures in first semester.normally she takes mostly final year, pg or phd students. She was replacing a lecturer that was berieved of her mother and that was how we got have her lectures, She is wonderful, humble and loving mother. A physist of our time! You need to see how she was correcting textbooks and some physics theories.
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by cfours: 3:34am On Apr 04, 2013
ukukaegbu:

Thanks for forgiving me.

you are welcome. but bia, why r u so handsome?
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by truelovecom: 8:04am On Apr 04, 2013
c.fours:

you are welcome. but bia, why r u so handsome?

why are you so beautiful?
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by uceee(m): 9:41am On Apr 04, 2013
Just as I feared, these kids on NL have turned this topic into a tribal battlefield. Keep cursing each other, while the serious minded ones rack up more achievements for you to battle over.
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by AreaFada2: 8:20am On Apr 07, 2013
pazienza: Imagine what we could achieve in an igbo republic,under a dedicated leadership,free of jealousy,stupid quota system and back biting of other nigerian groups. The possibilities are endless!

I disagree!

It should be what a better Nigeria and Africa we would have if we let Igbo unleash their immense talents without quota system.

Igbo marginalisation is Nigeria's and Africa's loss.

I am not Igbo but I have always been drawn to Igbos from primary school. Yes I am a confirmed Igbo-phile.

We have many Igbo wives in my family and they all gave us beautiful lovely kids. Excellent wives all round, partners in success.

1 Like

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Noiseless2: 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2013
Did Kanu Nwankwo win the european player at anytime? Don't think so but African player yes.
truelove.com:

Where were your dull and illiterate yoruba brain , when an igbo man "philip emagwali" built the fastest computer in the world. And where was your lazy brains , when a book "things fall apart" written by chinua achebe , became the highest selling book ever written by a black man in the world……Where was your lazy tribe , when Kanu nwankwo won the European best player award(back to back) and also African best player at the same time..
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Noiseless2: 3:35pm On Apr 07, 2013
How much do you celebrate the very noble prof Wole Soyinka?
The only time you mention his name is when you e-fighting Igbos, forgeting the Igbos celebrate him far more than you ever do because he is a very good and noble man, and may God keep him for us.
Jastombutex11:

Good to know bro MR know all.... Where were your hopeless,deluded and your clueless tribe when Wole Soyinka became the first and only Nigeria Nobel prize winner and mind u the first in Africa.When Rashidi Yekini Won the African Footballer of the year and became the first Nigerian to attain such Height. Where were u when Soji Fasuba became the fastest man in Africa. What u don't know about Yorubas is we make history and u (igbos) follows history and read about us.... Lol I'm proud to be a YORUBA BOY

1 Like

Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2013
Area-Fada:

I disagree!

It should be what a better Nigeria and Africa we would have if we let Igbo unleash their immense talents without quota system.

I am not Igbo but I have always been drawn to Igbos from primary school. Yes I am a confirmed Igbo-phile.

We have many Igbo wives in my family and they all gave us beautiful lovely kids. Excellent wives all round, partners in success.
what do u disagree with? D guy is right. We have been trying to make impact for nigeria but we get pulled back and its getting worse as days go by. So, the only other hope is for us to have our own republic where other continents would look at and say that something good can come out of blacks
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by IGBOSON1: 6:22pm On Apr 07, 2013
Area-Fada:

I disagree!

^^^Such kind words from Area-Fada......cheers! smiley

Indeed Nigeria could have been the greatest in Africa, and one of the top 10 in the world, if all component parts were happy in this union and (more importantly) given the space and freedom to grow at their own pace using their own resources without let or hindrance; let no peoples success/development (or lack of it for that matter) be dependent on the blessings and graces of others!
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by SonOfEl(m): 12:43pm On Apr 13, 2013
Have you heard of the following renowned igbo scientific inventors and achievers?- cyprian emeka uzoh (inter-conductor, electroplating technology, etc), peter nwangwu(pharmacology/pharmaceutical technology), barth nnaji(geometric reasoning in engineering design), phillip emeagwali(supercomputing), francisca okeke(atmospheric physics), etc. The world awaits more of us.
Re: Francisca Okeke & Eucharia Nwaichi Win L’Oréal-UNESCO Award by PhysicsQED(m): 4:16am On Apr 19, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Or%C3%A9al-UNESCO_Awards_for_Women_in_Science

^^^

So there are now four Nigerian winners of this award.

Congrats to Professors Okeke and Nwaichi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Politics In Nairaland / IGP Solomon Arase Visit The Awolowo's (Photo) / Humanitarian Workers Withdraw From IDPs Camp In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.