Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,071 members, 7,832,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Seun Osewa Stop Exploiting The "Yoruba Vs Igbo" Tribal Fights - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun Osewa Stop Exploiting The "Yoruba Vs Igbo" Tribal Fights (3096 Views)

Man Fights Fuel Attendant At Oando Filling Station Over N30 Change (photo) / Census: Yoruba Vs Ibo / 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Osewa Stop Exploiting The "Yoruba Vs Igbo" Tribal Fights by rhymz(m): 12:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
The Beam:

If this is not intolerance I don't know what is. Because people disagree with your way of doing things, it renders all else but you mediocre and sycophants?

Jumping to conclusions based on information known only to you..........

-Do you know the logistics involved in setting up the gimmicks you are proposing?

-Do you know for a fact that he has never tried to set same up unsuccessfully?

-Do you know the funding that went into Facebook to make it what it is and you know for a fact that Mr. Seun can access the same level of funding but he's just decided to ignore the problem?

-Do you actually have a result of a survey that informed your conclusion that banning trollers on the forum will actually not lead to an influx of neutral members who'd hitherto been kept away by trollers and thus increase the total traffic on the site?

-Do you know if he's working actively around-the-clock to fix this problem?

But of course, these are all irrelevant! Shey u have ur internet connection and device now, and u can always post what you like, never mind the accuracy of your information, you can always generalize and since he's touted to be rich; BULL's EYE! What an easy target...

Methinks you and the trollers you complain so bitterly about are not that so different after all, you operate on the same principles of intolerance, myopia, bias and stubbornness the only difference being that your own language is more refined, but ur messages are more similar than you'd like to admit.
Guy don't quote if all you want to do is talk angrily and insult me, I have had enough of that that is why I created this thread. As for the rest of your posts, I have nothing to say you, it is your opinion just as those expressed in the thread are mine don't comment like you have an axe to grind with me. At this point, it is needless to debate with you, the unneccessary combative tone and language are enough pointers for me to know what is it you are up to, I don't have time for such frivolities, move on and let it rest biko!
Re: Seun Osewa Stop Exploiting The "Yoruba Vs Igbo" Tribal Fights by Tolexander: 12:02pm On Apr 03, 2013
Emmyk: Lmao. Jor oo. #TeamJesus leyi ooo
na who organise the league wey team Jesus dey play?
Re: Seun Osewa Stop Exploiting The "Yoruba Vs Igbo" Tribal Fights by polokor60(m): 10:41pm On Apr 03, 2013
rhymz: If I were in Seun's position I will do all that I have advised him to do; take away the idea that there is a section for the discussion of racist, seccessionist, tribalism and secterian topics, I believe such idea was borne out of the need to exploits from people's selfish sentiments-Again, that is exploitation of the problem as I earlier pointed out.
Secondly, ban unrepentant offenders in the harshest of ways possible. Yes.
Tell his mod to stop pushing offensive threads to the front page-his silence on that too is exploitative.
Tribalism gave rise to nepotism which Metamorphose into the corruption and other vices in our society today.I see nothing wrong in discussing this problem in a public forum but it should be in a mature way.

Your point is that seccession should not be a subject of debate in a nigeria public forum!then you must be a dictator to insinuate that.How about the average catalonian that have the mindset that someday they ll break away from espana?Monaco did the same,serbia,czech,slovenkia,montenegro and a host of other nations did the same.Seccession is also a major topic of debate in the UK/scotland.If you intend to shy away from this important subject of debate,that's up to you but don't impose your thoughts(commandments) on seun or nairaland in general.Everybody should have freedom of expression but this privilege should not be abused.

Racism and tribalism do have some close similarities.Seun as a business exterpreneur has be modest when it comes to the checkmating of this ugly trend.You can't and ll never surpass what he is doing at the moment.
Re: Seun Osewa Stop Exploiting The "Yoruba Vs Igbo" Tribal Fights by rhymz(m): 10:22am On Apr 04, 2013
polokor60: Tribalism gave rise to nepotism which Metamorphose into the corruption and other vices in our society today.I see nothing wrong in discussing this problem in a public forum but it should be in a mature way.

Your point is that seccession should not be a subject of debate in a nigeria public forum!then you must be a dictator to insinuate that.How about the average catalonian that have the mindset that someday they ll break away from espana?Monaco did the same,serbia,czech,slovenkia,montenegro and a host of other nations did the same.Seccession is also a major topic of debate in the UK/scotland.If you intend to shy away from this important subject of debate,that's up to you but don't impose your thoughts(commandments) on seun or nairaland in general.Everybody should have freedom of expression but this privilege should not be abused.

Racism and tribalism do have some close similarities.Seun as a business exterpreneur has be modest when it comes to the checkmating of this ugly trend.You can't and ll never surpass what he is doing at the moment.
Seriously, can some of you just make your argument without sounding so angry and insulting? This thread was created so that the problem of fighting based on tribal sentiments instead of discussing the crux of the thread will be discussed here and solutions proffered.
There is a big difference between discussing the issue of tribalism, seccession, racism and so on and the nonsense hate talk that goes on on the pages of threads from that ignoble section. I can discuss tribalism without being insulting and condescending to my opponent especially when it is not presented in the suggestive manner that Seun has done on his forum which causes disaffection and unneccessary bickering based on sentimental approach to talking about it, as is the case here.
I have more Yoruba friends than any other tribe apart from Igbo, we argue over many issues, politics being the most, we don't shy from discussing controversial issues like tribalism or who did what during the war but we do not resort to insulting our tribes, making condescending remarks to one another or saying hateful things, that is not a debate or any form of opinion. I don't know about the circle of friends you move out with but amongst my very diverse circle, I know no one will dare curse or resort to the childish stuff they do here, that you think is a freedom for you to express yourself. If you believe so much in such limitless freedom of expression, go out in the real world and tell any SE, SW, Northerner or SS how disgusting you think they are and see if you will leave to tell the story of what they will do to you. Only an immatu, uneducated and intellectuall inferior person sees tribal mudslinging as a way to debate or argue his cause or convince people on any issue.
Seun is a business man and also a human being, I believe he has feelings and the moral obligation to know when to moderate his need to make money and the insidious social effect of actions emanating from such need, NL does not have to be perfect but it must be seen to make sincere effort to be so.
And finally, can you point to any reputable forum where they have childish suggestive sections for tribalism, Seccionism, racism and all those pro-stereotype discussions. All these are supposed to be just political discussions and nothing more, why paint suggestive pictures to make them attractive and exclusive for discussions if there is no ulterio motives to profit from them? It is like the owners of FB having sections dedicated to anti-gay discussions and then turn around to cry about how difficult it is for them to moderate people using the opportunity he created to send hate mails, threats, racist carricature etc, what can be more hypocritical than that
Some of us need to spot the difference here. Posting rubbish to spite other people's sentiments is no freedom to be allowed in any political clime, period!!
And please reduce the aggression in your tone, you do not to take $hhhhit personal.
Re: Seun Osewa Stop Exploiting The "Yoruba Vs Igbo" Tribal Fights by polokor60(m): 5:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
rhymz: Seriously, can some of you just make your argument without sounding so angry and insulting? This thread was created so that the problem of fighting based on tribal sentiments instead of discussing the crux of the thread will be discussed here and solutions proffered.
There is a big difference between discussing the issue of tribalism, seccession, racism and so on and the nonsense hate talk that goes on on the pages of threads from that ignoble section. I can discuss tribalism without being insulting and condescending to my opponent especially when it is not presented in the suggestive manner that Seun has done on his forum which causes disaffection and unneccessary bickering based on sentimental approach to talking about it, as is the case here.
I have more Yoruba friends than any other tribe apart from Igbo, we argue over many issues, politics being the most, we don't shy from discussing controversial issues like tribalism or who did what during the war but we do not resort to insulting our tribes, making condescending remarks to one another or saying hateful things, that is not a debate or any form of opinion. I don't know about the circle of friends you move out with but amongst my very diverse circle, I know no one will dare curse or resort to the childish stuff they do here, that you think is a freedom for you to express yourself. If you believe so much in such limitless freedom of expression, go out in the real world and tell any SE, SW, Northerner or SS how disgusting you think they are and see if you will leave to tell the story of what they will do to you. Only an immatu, uneducated and intellectuall inferior person sees tribal mudslinging as a way to debate or argue his cause or convince people on any issue.
Seun is a business man and also a human being, I believe he has feelings and the moral obligation to know when to moderate his need to make money and the insidious social effect of actions emanating from such need, NL does not have to be perfect but it must be seen to make sincere effort to be so.
And finally, can you point to any reputable forum where they have childish suggestive sections for tribalism, Seccionism, racism and all those pro-stereotype discussions. All these are supposed to be just political discussions and nothing more, why paint suggestive pictures to make them attractive and exclusive for discussions if there is no ulterio motives to profit from them? It is like the owners of FB having sections dedicated to anti-gay discussions and then turn around to cry about how difficult it is for them to moderate people using the opportunity he created to send hate mails, threats, racist carricature etc, what can be more hypocritical than that
Some of us need to spot the difference here. Posting rubbish to spite other people's sentiments is no freedom to be allowed in any political clime, period!!
And please reduce the aggression in your tone, you do not to take $hhhhit personal.
You are still beating around the bush,i wrote matured minds can engage in such debate in a matured way(maybe you skiped that while reading my previous comment).Nairaland has it's rules and offenders are punished acccordly.(so whatelse do want from mr seun).No i'm not taking anything personal but stop accusing seun of exploitation.You can create your own forum and run it like a general in a military barrack if you believe seun is exploiting the members of nairaland.
You feel you have the right to accuse seun as an exploiter but nobody else can question your opinion about seun!what an irony.
Re: Seun Osewa Stop Exploiting The "Yoruba Vs Igbo" Tribal Fights by TheBeam(m): 9:22pm On Apr 04, 2013
rhymz: Guy don't quote if all you want to do is talk angrily and insult me, I have had enough of that that is why I created this thread. As for the rest of your posts, I have nothing to say you, it is your opinion just as those expressed in the thread are mine don't comment like you have an axe to grind with me. At this point, it is needless to debate with you, the unneccessary combative tone and language are enough pointers for me to know what is it you are up to, I don't have time for such frivolities, move on and let it rest biko!

Tut tut, I don't understand where ur conclusion that I'm angry is coming from. U seem to find it easy to jump to these with the barest minimum of facts available to you.

What's d point of an argument if it's not combative? And I observed how everyone who opposed ur views are labeled as either insulting or aggressive....there's no single dissenting view u find worthy of response and yet you want Seun to take ur suggestions hook line and sinker....work on ur tolerance baas, u can rise higher than this..

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Stop Exploiting The "Yoruba Vs Igbo" Tribal Fights by rhymz(m): 9:53pm On Apr 04, 2013
The Beam:

Tut tut, I don't understand where ur conclusion that I'm angry is coming from. U seem to find it easy to jump to these with the barest minimum of facts available to you.

What's d point of an argument if it's not combative? And I observed how everyone who opposed ur views are labeled as either insulting or aggressive....there's no single dissenting view u find worthy of response and yet you want Seun to take ur suggestions hook line and sinker....work on ur tolerance baas, u can rise higher than this..
whatever. . . Just move on already.
Re: Seun Osewa Stop Exploiting The "Yoruba Vs Igbo" Tribal Fights by holypower(m): 12:57am On Jul 07, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
The best way of peace now is the creation of the United State of BIafra

Re: Seun Osewa Stop Exploiting The "Yoruba Vs Igbo" Tribal Fights by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 07, 2013
U may ban all comments on NL..U can't change their opinion on tribal ish. NL is a true picture of wat Nig looks like.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seun Seun Seun Seun Osewa Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / My Lagos: Their Abuja: There Is No Comparism / This Man Was Caught Masturbating In A BRT Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.