Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy (47171 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) / Woman Gives Birth To Strange-Looking Baby After 13 Months (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by 360command: 9:17pm On Apr 01, 2013
Nnanyi , na u b oga patapata!
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 01, 2013
For me ,it's just a case of long term fibroid! That's what I think this is. Nothing more....if it's a real pregnancy,why isn't the old woman lactating?
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by Smooyis(m): 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2013
All i want to say is Thank u Jesus
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 01, 2013
Oma wa ga oooo. Really Ripley's Believe It Or Not. I don't know if i should believe it this time
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by Moyola(f): 9:54pm On Apr 01, 2013
shocked shocked
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by Akiika: 10:00pm On Apr 01, 2013
dominique: I first learnt about the condition in an episode of nip/tuck. If it happened if Africa it haened, its the wicked people in your village that are responsible, wonders shall never end

What's up with nip/tuck these days, i saw the first 4 or 5 seasons, is it still on? i should check NETFLIX to catch up.
As regards our African brain blackness, i'm happy people are getting exposed with access to internet. A lot of Nigerians are playing victims to jazz, but in reality they aren't just doing enough to better their life or events in their life are simply natural. The pastors, Imams, Jazzmen no help matters too. You suck at your work with terrible attitude, you don't get any promotion or you get fired....they'll tell you it's the work of your enemies!
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by Godwin978(m): 10:28pm On Apr 01, 2013
God wil punished d people that post dis fake news sha stone fit stay for person belly4,60yrs u no go die
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by dominique(f): 10:46pm On Apr 01, 2013
Godwin978: God wil punished d people that post dis fake news sha stone fit stay for person belly4,60yrs u no go die

Part of the reason of having access to the internet is enriching our minds with the vast knowledge it offers. But seeing posts like this, I have to say the purpose is being defeated on most Nigeirans. Pls sir, do yourself a favour and re-read the openning post and do some googling sheesh!!!

@Akiika
The show got cancelled some years ago, the last couple of seasons were a disaster. I'll re-watch the first 3 seasons all over again if I could .
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by Annie2gud(f): 10:55pm On Apr 01, 2013
Granny ma'am,how much will u sell the stone.i am a shrew business woman from nnewi.omo see business oh.i cant shout.time to call alaba marketers.nna eeh lekwa cool business.

Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by tonygee1(m): 11:12pm On Apr 01, 2013
sun_temi: When I saw the title, I already knew it will be China! Menh, things dey happen for that country. Could it be because of their population?
i realy dnt like dat country
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by COOLDK(m): 12:15am On Apr 02, 2013
superior1: [size=14pt]Haaa!!! Nkan bee!!![/size]

[size=25pt]LABE ORUN!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by eklassical(m): 1:10am On Apr 02, 2013
Dummb old lady! Dumb country! Dumb sh1t.. ?
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by GamblinQueen: 1:27am On Apr 02, 2013
Calcified fetus.
I first heard of this phenomena about 10 years ago on a program televised on the Discovery Channel.
I was amazed and left speechless learning about such a thing.
I was also amazed to learn that had the woman who was discussed in the show, had given birth, she would have died because she had an ectopic pregnancy.
An ectopic pregnancy is when the fetus attaches and develops outside the uterus/womb.
I hope this woman's story is televised on the Discovery Channel in the near future.
I look forward to viewing it.

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by Nobody: 1:59am On Apr 02, 2013
Tufiakwa.
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by Nobody: 5:52am On Apr 02, 2013
china. one country too many
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 02, 2013
shocked 60 gini? Strange!!!

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by Jubal01: 6:25am On Apr 02, 2013
Yomieluv: We really need to change our mentality,if it were Africa,it would have been attributed to witchcraft,and some pastors,and imams would quickly use that to defraud gullible victims.

Africa truly has a long way to go.
*back to topic* God is indeed awesome.
Y are guys talking lyk learners? Is witchwork a trademark of only africans? Those westernerns have their ways of doing their abracadabra. Pls free US jaaare!
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by shizzle11(m): 7:03am On Apr 02, 2013
Woow! This is bizzare
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by Godwin978(m): 7:06am On Apr 02, 2013
News people dey full unaNews people dey full unaNews people dey full una
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by bokoarerams: 7:57am On Apr 02, 2013
What kind of country is china? For God sake look at the rope she use to hold her trousers in place. That rope is the cause of her woes.
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by sobastical: 8:50am On Apr 02, 2013
xtophy: he be lyk say lies don dey cme nl...i hav nt heard dat b4...pls,lik dis if u hav heard it b4

Attention seekers e pele ooo, eku ise sir
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by dsolo(m): 8:58am On Apr 02, 2013
webaplanet: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy

In a bizarre turn of events straight out of Mr. Ripley’s personal files, comes this true story of a 92-year-old woman who delivered a child (albeit not a live baby) she had been carrying for over half a century! (Long pregnancies are one thing, but THAT is ridiculous!)

Huang Yijun, aged 92, is from southern China and she recently made news after delivering a baby known as a lithopedion, aka ‘Stone Baby’.

Huang Yijun told the press she didn’t have the money to have her fetus removed after doctors told her it had died inside her in 1948.

So she simply did nothing at all about it.

Lithopedion is a very rare medical phenomenon, which occurs when a pregnancy fails and the fetus actually calcifies while still in the mother’s body.

Medically speaking, what often happens is the implanted fetus gets to an advanced stage before it dies. Too large to be absorbed by the body, the remains of the child or its surrounding amniotic sac slowly calcify, turning to stone as a way to protect the woman’s body from infection from the decomposing tissue.

If no complications occur, believe it or not, the mother can basically just go on with her life.

According to the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, only 290 cases of lithopedions have ever been documented by medical literature.

Read http://www.weirdasianews.com/2009/05/02/weirder-weird-chinese-stone-pregnancy/

More Odd News at http://tonykempis com

Na wash
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by Okdanny: 10:20am On Apr 02, 2013
@92 she still gt d strength to deliver this stuff,,,amazing
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by robinicule(m): 10:25am On Apr 02, 2013
good Gawd...how bizzarre...stone baby? jeezzz
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by creativemusic: 11:34am On Apr 02, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by turawafett(f): 12:18pm On Apr 02, 2013
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by blackbeau1(f): 12:28pm On Apr 02, 2013
Ok.dats definitely weird and crazy. Why would someone allow a dead baby reside in her body for years?
Re: Woman Delivers ‘Stone Baby’ After 60 Year Pregnancy by CrushX(f): 2:59pm On Apr 02, 2013
dominique: I first learnt about the condition in an episode of nip/tuck. If it happened if Africa it haened, its the wicked people in your village that are responsible, wonders shall never end

Hey, I saw this in the same show! Back then I was wondering if that was really possible, it's quite amazing that it bears no health consequences to the mother after it calcifies. The human body is quite extraordinary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Dies In Malaysia After Selling Kidney For N6million / Is Tomato Paste Mixed With Cocacola Or Malt A Natural Blood Tonic? (video) / 8 Sleeping Positions And Their Effects On Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.