Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,736 members, 7,955,798 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:22 PM

19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows (1012 Views)

Pictures: The World Economy Explained With Just Two Cows / The Economy Of The World Explained With Just Two Cows / The World Economy Explained With Just Two Cows. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows by omiobo: 6:42am On Apr 02, 2013
April 2, 2013 | 2:28 am
News
BY LUKA BINNIYAT
KADUNA — The alleged killing of two cows
through poisoning in Mafan village, Fadan
Atakar Chiefdom of Kaura Local Government
Area of Kaduna State, set off an orgy that led
to the killing of 19 people, and the
destruction of four villages between last
Saturday and Sunday, according to the
Chairman of Kaura Local Government Area,
Mr. Kumai Badun.
Also, 10 people were critically injured in the
violence. They were taken to Jankwano ECWA
Church Hospital, Jos and Kaura General
Hospital for treatment, Badu added.
According to him, no fewer than 5000 people
from the four affected communities have
become refugees and are camped in two
places, Fadan Atakar, and Zangan.
The Public Relations Officer of Kaduna State
Emergency Management Agency, SEMA,
Mallam Abubakar Adamu, confirmed the
development, saying as at Friday, the
number of refugees at the two camps was
500, but the number was bound to rise.
The Kaduna State Police spokesman, Deputy
Superintendent of Police, DSP, Aminu Lawan,
corroborated the story, but said he had not
been briefed on the casualty figure by the
Area Commander in charge of the affected
area.
Speaking to Vanguard from one of the camps
at Model Primary School, Fadan Atakar, Badu
said it was the first time Atakar ever came
under Fulani attack.
Narrating what led to the violence, Badu said:
“There was a young man, Aboi Stephen (21),
in Mafan who had been complaining that
some cattle have been grazing in his dry
season farm. I was told that the cattle
destroyed a good portion of the farm, and
that there was no end in sight to the
destruction. Only the Fulanis own cattle
there.
“About two weeks ago, two Fulani cows were
found dead, apparently of poison. The owner
of the cows was said to have publicly warned
Aboi of the grave consequences of his action.
I don’t know if it was Aboi that poisoned the
cows, or even if they died of poisoning.
“Then one day, Aboi was found missing. After
a search by the villages they found his corpse
which had deep machete cuts and his throat
was slit open.
“Upon that discovery, women and children
mobilised to the palace of the chief of Atakar,
Chief Tobias Nkom-Wada accusing him of
inviting the Fulani into Atakar land in the first
place. They vandalised the palace and the
chief is now living in his personal house in
Tachire.
“On seeing what the women and children did,
the Fulanis started moving out en mass to
their kin in Kanawuri areas of Plateau State,
which also has some Atakar speaking villages.
“On their way, they shot a young man that
same day in Kanawuri area. That pitched
them against the Atakar in Plateau State and
they fought for days. The fighting led to the
burning of some Atakar villages.
They affected ones had to move to this Local
Government, where we open the first refugee
camp for them. at Mifi. But, we have merged
it with the other two, because it was too
vulnerable.
When the Army moved in last week, the
Fulanis left Kanawuri in Plateau, state back to
this place with their arms.
“Last Saturday, by 3pm. They attacked
Mafan, Zalang, Taliki and Zangkan villages up
those hills, while able bodied men had gone
to the farms or the market. They went on
unchallenged from 3pm on Saturday, till
Sunday morning.
“When the Army arrived the scene on Sunday
morning the Officer in charge told me that
they counted 19 bodies. All the Houses in the
villages have been burnt.

Source: www.vanguardngr.com/19 killed, four villages sacked
over death of two cows
Re: 19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows by Chynx(m): 6:47am On Apr 02, 2013
undecided
Re: 19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 02, 2013
Cows? ..r I kidding me? Those cows, do they give birth to kings or what?...mehn!!!
Re: 19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows by confusion247(m): 7:20am On Apr 02, 2013
Fulaniiiiiiiii poweraaaaaaa.......One Nigeria at it's best. Thanks to Gowon and Awolowo.
Re: 19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows by Tolexander: 7:32am On Apr 02, 2013
Can't imagine how a cow's life is far more valued than human soul.

Kill a man over the lifes of 2 cow leading to serial murder and vandalism.
Why would a sane man even graze a cow on another man's farm cultivated out of sweat.
SMH!

confusion247: Fulaniiiiiiiii poweraaaaaaa.......One Nigeria at it's best. Thanks to Gowon and Awolowo.
by their nomenclature, we shall know them, most especially if their understanding is born out of ignorance.
Re: 19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows by Basic(m): 7:41am On Apr 02, 2013
So, let's analyse it mathematically. If 2 cows = 19 humans, then 1 cow = X humans. (Solve for X).
X = 19/2 = 9.5 (Approximately 10)
Therefore, to the Fulani man, a cow's life is equivalent to 10 human lives. Interestingly sad!
Re: 19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows by Mcdondayan: 7:41am On Apr 02, 2013
Why are the fulani men always victors in the north? Is it that no community can mobilise themselves and take the fight to their own half?
Re: 19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 02, 2013
Mcdondayan: Why are the fulani men always victors in the north?
not only in the north dawg, also in the southwest. Those guyz are pretty feisty.

1 Like

Re: 19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows by Pacesetter2: 7:57am On Apr 02, 2013
This fulani are really crazy & silly.

Why compare a cows' life to the life of a soul.
Until we rise against the nomadics,they'll continue to think they can kill anyhow
Re: 19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows by Ozonna(m): 8:08am On Apr 02, 2013
How are we in the same country with a people that value cows more than human life I'm a staunch believer of 1 Nigeria, but these people are just outright wicked and crazy. These guys are making it hard for people like me who argue for 1 Nigeria every where i go.

The President and Leaders from other regions should come out and condemn this acts. Somebody needs to tell Buhari (I heard he's the leader of the Fulani's in West Africa) and Sultan on the need to let their people know that a Human life is more valuable than any infinite number of cows. These guys need education for God sake.

We can't continue like this as a Nation. We need Sovereign National Conference where we all will sit down and discuss issues like this. I heard there is a Grazing Reserve bill before the NASS, let no Southerner vote in favor of this bill. Buhari and the Sultan should educate their people on the Advantages of owning a RANCH.
Re: 19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows by Jesuspikin87(m): 8:15am On Apr 02, 2013
Comment Reserved.

God Bless Nigeria
Re: 19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows by Alfamann: 8:21am On Apr 02, 2013
Enemies of Biafra killing each other and you want me to cry?

No, no, no, no.

Off to offer thanksgiving to the Amadioha shrine.
Re: 19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows by Burger01(m): 8:30am On Apr 02, 2013
Cow 'sh@gging' people.. No wonder they have cow brains.... sad
Re: 19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 02, 2013
Basic: So, let's analyse it mathematically. If 2 cows = 19 humans, then 1 cow = X humans. (Solve for X).
X = 19/2 = 9.5 (Approximately 10)
Therefore, to the Fulani man, a cow's life is equivalent to 10 human lives. Interestingly sad!
the sad and unfortunate truth though.

1 Like

Re: 19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows by skidos4u(m): 9:22am On Apr 02, 2013
d youths in such places shld rise 2 d occasion n kill all der cows n dos fulani wil never 4get such xperince in a hurry.
Re: 19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows by IGBOSON1: 9:40am On Apr 02, 2013
Mcdondayan: Why are the fulani men always victors in the north? Is it that no community can mobilise themselves and take the fight to their own half?

^^^It's not that they're tougher or badder than anyone else, but the fact that they're nomads, and also they can call on their 'brothers' from other parts of the north or Niger Republic.....this works in their favour. Also, they strike like murderous cowards and disappear instead of staying like real men for a fair fight. They are a nuisance to this country.
Re: 19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 02, 2013
The irony of ds matter is dat ds fulanis might not even be Nigerians.
What happened to intensive animal husbandary in ds 21st century?
Buhari who is d President of d fulani normads in west Africa shld call his men to order nd use ds opportunity to showcase how he'd contain d boko haram menace when elected into office. If u ask me, ds attacks targetted at d northern minorities INCREASED after d 2011 elections.
Re: 19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows by WilyWily6: 11:28am On Apr 02, 2013
You see, this is what i said before, Middle Belters(North Central) are slaves of Fulani/Hausas

(1) (Reply)

Southerners: Would You Report Terrorist Activities In Your Vicinities? / Nigerian Varsities And Their Jamb/utme Cut-off Marks For 2013/2014 / LIVE PICTURES: Shell Protest In Port Harcourt For Jobless Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.