Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Question For Muslims On The Name Of God - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Question For Muslims On The Name Of God (1782 Views)

The "Fingerprints" Of GOD / The Dilema Of Muslims On The Crucifixion / Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by deSika(m): 8:18am On Apr 02, 2013
salaam Aleikun
questions are usually asked to seek clarifications on issues so as to avoid wrong assumptions and also to gain knowledge. on this ground, i ask my question

what is the name of God in Islam. Moslems call God Allah. but am confused. because Allah means 'the-God' from Al-Illah. Now how can 'the-God' be the name of God. Just as you cant say 'the-Man' is the name of the man. So my question is what is the personal name of God in Islam thanks..
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by Ollymore(m): 10:34am On Apr 02, 2013
Allah bears so many name like al salam, al raheem, al qudus, al jabaar. Etc
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by deSika(m): 12:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
Ollymore: Allah bears so many name like al salam, al raheem, al qudus, al jabaar. Etc
thanks
so can someone say Al salaam akbar
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by LagosShia: 9:26pm On Apr 02, 2013
please review this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/993524/christians-god-yaweh-he-same

you sound like "Ayomivic";repeating past topics.
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by deSika(m): 2:22am On Apr 03, 2013
LagosShia: please review this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/993524/christians-god-yaweh-he-same

you sound like "Ayomivic";repeating past topics.
the fact that somone has asked the question before does not mean someone else should not ask that same question. Am not here to make arguments for arguments sake. when i pose a statement, i do so because i expect people who know better to either correct me or agree with me.when i ask questions i do so becos i expet answers and not to regurgitate arguments.

Now i would liken you to a teacher in a school whose students ask him a question and instead of giving them an answer he says "wait a minute, i think Bayo of 2006 set asked this question" then rushes in to his archives to get the recording of that particular Bayo's class to play it for the kids.my point is try to answer each new question. yu dnt have to give a long lecture. a short straitghforward ansa wil do. then u can then refer them to important sites or former posts. thanks

#Anyways, thanks for dropping by, how come yu left just like that on this thread
nairaland.com/1242521/lagosshai-vedaxcool-thaba1234-others-muhammad
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by ghazzal: 4:59pm On Apr 05, 2013
if there is only 1 man in existence, does he need a name? name is to identify and if there is only 1 entity, there is no reason to give a name again. or can you tell me the name of the unniverse?
Man has created so many gods for themselves and we should know and acknoledge that the is and will always be only one God who created heaven and Earth. so why does he need to have a name? none the less, there are many attributes associated with God that can be used

The Glorious
The Merciful
The Punisher
The All Forgiving
The All Seeing
The Creator
The Sustainer
The Fashioner
... The Muslim God is 1 and needs no name according to your usage.
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by tbaba1234: 12:48am On Apr 11, 2013
deSika: salaam Aleikun
questions are usually asked to seek clarifications on issues so as to avoid wrong assumptions and also to gain knowledge. on this ground, i ask my question

what is the name of God in Islam. Moslems call God Allah. but am confused. because Allah means 'the-God' from Al-Illah. Now how can 'the-God' be the name of God. Just as you cant say 'the-Man' is the name of the man. So my question is what is the personal name of God in Islam thanks..

What did Jesus himself call God?? When did the name 'God' come into existence?? When did the english language come into existence??

This is a very good chance that Jesus called God 'Alaha'....

If Jesus is Around today, he would not recognise the name Jesus.

The language Jesus spoke was Aramaic not Hebrew... Do you know the Aramaic word for God?

Jesus spoke Aramaic... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aramaic_of_Jesus

Hebrew, Aramaic and Arabic are very similar languages.

Do you know the Aramaic word for God?

Please use this aramaic dictionary and type God

http://www.peshitta.org/cgi-bin/lexicon.cgi

Results

Pronunciation: (Eastern) AaLaH
(Western) AaLoH

Also check this
http://www.learnassyrian.com/aramaic/church/church.html

It says:

ALAAHAA - - - - God
EESHO - - - - Jesus
MSHEEKHAA - - - - Christ
MSHEEKHOOTAA - - - - Christianity
MARRYAA - - - - Lord

These's more:

8 AL-ILAH (Aramaic). The title for “God” as used by

Aramaic speaking believers at the time of Jesus.
One of the most proper titles for God used in the Near East when Aramaic was the lingua franca of the Semitic language family from 1,200 BC to 600 CE. During the most important period in the formation of the New Testament, this expression could be found as seen in Romans 16.26-27, for the original language spoken by Jesus and his disciples was Aramaic.

Al-ilah, O blessed and only wise one, may Thy blessings of the cosmos be with us at all times. Praise to Thee for the prophets and Jesus the Messiah. In all of Thy Holy Names, may the mysteries of your nature and manifestations be revealed to us. Amen.

http://www.keysofenoch.org/html/hebrew-aramaic_sacred_names.html

So without a doubt, Jesus called God Alaha or Alaho or Elaha in aramaic depending on the dialect he spoke:

Other dialects The word for "God" in Aramaic, depending on dialect is pronounced either "Elah" "Elaha" "Àlaha" or "Aloho" (among others).

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_Aramaic_name_for_God_in_prayer

Need more evidence:

W.E. Vine, Merrill F. Unger, William White Jr., Vine's Complete Exposition Dictionary , Thomas Nelson Publishers, Nashville, TN, 1996

www.nairaland.com/attachments/988040_allahinot_jpgdb129adb1841dace1b44089389fa91f0
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by deSika(m): 8:22am On Apr 11, 2013
tbaba1234:

What did Jesus himself call God?? When did the name 'God' come into existence?? When did the english language come into existence??

If Jesus is Around today, he would not recognise the name Jesus.

The language Jesus spoke was Aramaic not Hebrew... Do you know the Aramaic word for God?

Jesus spoke Aramaic... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aramaic_of_Jesus

Hebrew, Aramaic and Arabic are very similar languages.

Do you know the Aramaic word for God?

Please use this aramaic dictionary and type God

http://www.peshitta.org/cgi-bin/lexicon.cgi

Results

Pronunciation: (Eastern) AaLaH
(Western) AaLoH

Also check this
http://www.learnassyrian.com/aramaic/church/church.html

It says:

ALAAHAA - - - - God
EESHO - - - - Jesus
MSHEEKHAA - - - - Christ
MSHEEKHOOTAA - - - - Christianity
MARRYAA - - - - Lord

These's more:

8 AL-ILAH (Aramaic). The title for “God” as used by

Aramaic speaking believers at the time of Jesus.
One of the most proper titles for God used in the Near East when Aramaic was the lingua franca of the Semitic language family from 1,200 BC to 600 CE. During the most important period in the formation of the New Testament, this expression could be found as seen in Romans 16.26-27, for the original language spoken by Jesus and his disciples was Aramaic.

Al-ilah, O blessed and only wise one, may Thy blessings of the cosmos be with us at all times. Praise to Thee for the prophets and Jesus the Messiah. In all of Thy Holy Names, may the mysteries of your nature and manifestations be revealed to us. Amen.

http://www.keysofenoch.org/html/hebrew-aramaic_sacred_names.html

So without a doubt, Jesus called God Alaha or Alaho or Elaha in aramaic depending on the dialect he spoke:

Other dialects The word for "God" in Aramaic, depending on dialect is pronounced either "Elah" "Elaha" "Àlaha" or "Aloho" (among others).

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_Aramaic_name_for_God_in_prayer

Need more evidence:

W.E. Vine, Merrill F. Unger, William White Jr., Vine's Complete Exposition Dictionary , Thomas Nelson Publishers, Nashville, TN, 1996

www.nairaland.com/attachments/988040_allahinot_jpgdb129adb1841dace1b44089389fa91f0

finally the sheikh answers one of my many questions.sir if dont mind,i hv been looking forward to ur input on the postt on my signature

#my question still remains thus.
whats the name of 'the-God'(Allah)
God refers to a supernatural being just as human or man refers to a mortal being..

my question is nott whether Jesus called him Allaha or not

the personal name of the hebrew God is Yahweh it means I am. now wats the name of the islamic God

one poster once said nameless is that also ur position
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by deSika(m): 8:42am On Apr 11, 2013
as a bonus question
since u believe that Jesus may be referingg to Allaha or Allah my question is was that Allah worshiped the same way as the muslims after Muhammed. did they believe Muhammed was Allahs messenger, did they have mosques, wat was their mode of worship in the Karba before Mohamed came. thank u
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by tbaba1234: 9:11am On Apr 11, 2013
The point is that your question is senseless... If Jesus refered to his creator as Aalah, Alaha... What other proof do you want?

Aramaic , Hebrew and Arabic are related languages. The word Allah has roots in Hebrew, Aramic and Arabic... Eloah (Hebrew) and Alaha (Aramaic/Syriac). The same word Allah exists in both Hebrew and Aramaic, It is used for the Master of all nations and peoples.

Why would you even Argue with that name? Here are jewish people explaining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQjefT51E40

Another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh92Mlp3Tlw
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by tbaba1234: 9:56am On Apr 11, 2013
deSika: as a bonus question
since u believe that Jesus may be referingg to Allaha or Allah my question is was that Allah worshiped the same way as the muslims after Muhammed. did they believe Muhammed was Allahs messenger, did they have mosques, wat was their mode of worship in the Karba before Mohamed came. thank u

NO!! JESUS CALLED GOD ALLAHA.. I do not believe, it is the facts...

Make of that what you will...

How did the prophets worship God?

Numbers 24:3-5
3 and he uttered his oracle: "The oracle of Balaam son of Beor, the oracle of one whose eye sees clearly,
4 the oracle of one who hears the words of God, who sees a vision from the Almighty, who falls prostrate, and whose eyes are opened:
5 "How beautiful are your tents, O Jacob, your dwelling places, O Israel!

Deuteronomy 9:17-19
17 So I took the two tablets and threw them out of my hands, breaking them to pieces before your eyes.
18 Then once again I fell prostrate before the LORD for forty days and forty nights; I ate no bread and drank no water, because of all the sin you had committed, doing what was evil in the LORD's sight and so provoking him to anger.
19 I feared the anger and wrath of the LORD, for he was angry enough with you to destroy you. But again the LORD listened to me.

Deuteronomy 9:25
25 I lay prostrate before the LORD those forty days and forty nights because the LORD had said he would destroy you.

1 Kings 18:39
39 When all the people saw this, they fell prostrate and cried, "The LORD -he is God! The LORD -he is God!"

Even Jesus, peace be upon him, bowed down to Allah Almighty the Islamic way:
"Going a little farther, he [Jesus] fell with his face to the ground and prayed, 'My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.' (From the NIV Bible, Matthew 26:39)"

How many christian fall on their face to pray, today That is the way of the prophets, there are so many other instances of prophets falling on their face to pray, recorded in your bible. Why can't you emulate them??

The question is why you have abandoned this way of prayer .

ii. What does a Mosque mean? It means a place of prostration to God.. That is its meaning... What did the jews do in their temples, they prostated to God. Infact they had a mode of worship very similar to the muslims. Some orthodox jews still practise this:

Ancient Jewish prayer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FXE2brxtg8

The kaaba is a mosque, It is the sacred mosque. The Jews had no problems facing the sacred temple to pray.

I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness, for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame. (Psalm 138:2)

Wait a second, David is bowing in the direction of the holy temple... The Kaaba is a place of bowing, facing this sacred mosque is an act of unity amongst muslims.

The Qur'ân talks about Bakkah (the older name of Makkah) being the first house of worship appointed for mankind. It also addresses this place as Umm ul-Qurâ i.e., Mother of the Settlements.

Verily, the first House (of worship) appointed for mankind was that at Bakkah (Makkah), full of blessing, and a guidance for Al-'Alamin (the mankind and jinns). In it are manifest signs (for example), the Maqam (place) of Ibrahim (Abraham); whosoever enters it, he attains security. And Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah) to the House (Ka'bah) is a duty that mankind owes to Allah, those who can afford the expenses (for one's conveyance, provision and residence); and whoever disbelieves [i.e. denies Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah), then he is a disbeliever of Allah], then Allah stands not in need of any of the 'Alamin (mankind and jinns). [Qur'ân 3:96-97]

The Bible also mentions about the valley of Baca in connection with the pilgrimage. Below is the quote from Psalms 84 (NIV):

1 How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD Almighty!
2 My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
3 Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young-- a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God.
4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you.
5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
6 As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools.

7 They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
8 Hear my prayer, O LORD God Almighty; listen to me, O God of Jacob.
9 Look upon our shield, O God; look with favor on your anointed one.
10 Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
12 O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you

Could they be refering to the same place?? The two interpretations of Baca, viz., "lack of stream" and "the valley of weeping" appears to fit in the context of pilgrimage to Bakkah, the older name of Makkah where the Ka'bah is situated.

Lack of stream - The condition when hajar got there, The valley of weeping- Her condition when she was looking for water for the child.

Allah knows best.

Most of the people of the middle east became muslims after the messenger died, including Aramaic and Jewish people. Not everyone would believe but many did.
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by deSika(m): 11:17am On Apr 11, 2013
tbaba1234: The point is that your question is senseless... If Jesus refered to his creator as Aalah, Alaha... What other proof do you want?

Aramaic , Hebrew and Arabic are related languages. The word Allah has roots in Hebrew, Aramic and Arabic... Eloah (Hebrew) and Alaha (Aramaic/Syriac). The same word Allah exists in both Hebrew and Aramaic, It is used for the Master of all nations and peoples.

Why would you even Argue with that name? Here are jewish people explaining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQjefT51E40

Another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh92Mlp3Tlw

am sory am using a mobile fone so i cnt view those videos for now.
bro u still leave me at the same point u met me. (my question unanswered).
look at it this way
Eloah = God
Allah = God
question still remains what is the name of this God (Eloah, Allaha, Allah)
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by deSika(m): 11:27am On Apr 11, 2013
tbaba1234:

NO!! JESUS CALLED GOD ALLAHA.. I do not believe, it is the facts...

Make of that what you will...

How did the prophets worship God?

Numbers 24:3-5
3 and he uttered his oracle: "The oracle of Balaam son of Beor, the oracle of one whose eye sees clearly,
4 the oracle of one who hears the words of God, who sees a vision from the Almighty, who falls prostrate, and whose eyes are opened:
5 "How beautiful are your tents, O Jacob, your dwelling places, O Israel!

Deuteronomy 9:17-19
17 So I took the two tablets and threw them out of my hands, breaking them to pieces before your eyes.
18 Then once again I fell prostrate before the LORD for forty days and forty nights; I ate no bread and drank no water, because of all the sin you had committed, doing what was evil in the LORD's sight and so provoking him to anger.
19 I feared the anger and wrath of the LORD, for he was angry enough with you to destroy you. But again the LORD listened to me.

Deuteronomy 9:25
25 I lay prostrate before the LORD those forty days and forty nights because the LORD had said he would destroy you.

1 Kings 18:39
39 When all the people saw this, they fell prostrate and cried, "The LORD -he is God! The LORD -he is God!"

Even Jesus, peace be upon him, bowed down to Allah Almighty the Islamic way:
"Going a little farther, he [Jesus] fell with his face to the ground and prayed, 'My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.' (From the NIV Bible, Matthew 26:39)"

How many christian fall on their face to pray, today That is the way of the prophets, there are so many other instances of prophets falling on their face to pray, recorded in your bible. Why can't you emulate them??

The question is why you have abandoned this way of prayer .

2 questions for u on this point of urs
1. is prostrating the only form of prayer gesture and the onnly aceptable gesture of praying(note u pray with ur mouth from ur heart)
2. the native doctor in my village happens to prostrate to his idol. does that make him a moslem(other religions also prostrate to their gods, pls tell me are they a practicing a diferent type of islam)
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by deSika(m): 11:28am On Apr 11, 2013
tbaba1234:

ii. What does a Mosque mean? It means a place of prostration to God.. That is its meaning... What did the jews do in their temples, they prostated to God. Infact they had a mode of worship very similar to the muslims. Some orthodox jews still practise this:

The kaaba is a mosque, It is the sacred mosque. The Jews had no problems facing the sacred temple to pray.

Wait a second, David is bowing in the direction of the holy temple... The Kaaba is a place of bowing, facing this sacred mosque is an act of unity amongst muslims.

Could they be refering to the same place?? The two interpretations of Baca, viz., "lack of stream" and "the valley of weeping" appears to fit in the context of pilgrimage to Bakkah, the older name of

my oga, if mosque means a place of prostration then definitely the shrine where native doctors prostrate in my village is a mosque. thanks for the definition. the same can be said of those asian religions, they also have mosques. wat do u think since they prostrate in those buildings.

2. could the jewish temple be a mosque just becos of "prostration″.in a jewish temple there are priest and sacrifices can that be said of a mosque.

3. in Jewish temples, the God they worshiped was not mentioned as Allah, they didnt regard themselves as moslems, they ddnt go to makkah for pilgrimage when they reverred jerusalem as holy so how cud they have bin moslems.
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by tbaba1234: 11:48am On Apr 11, 2013
deSika:
2 questions for u on this point of urs
1. is prostrating the only form of prayer gesture and the onnly aceptable gesture of praying(note u pray with ur mouth from ur heart)
2. the native doctor in my village happens to prostrate to his idol. does that make him a moslem(other religions also prostrate to their gods, pls tell me are they a practicing a diferent type of islam)

1. Prostration is certainly an important part of worship as evidenced by Jesus and the prophets. Why have you abandoned that form of worship?

2. Jesus and the other prophet bowed down to God alone just like muslims , were they practising Islam??
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by tbaba1234: 11:50am On Apr 11, 2013
deSika: am sory am using a mobile fone so i cnt view those videos for now.
bro u still leave me at the same point u met me. (my question unanswered).
look at it this way
Eloah = God
Allah = God
question still remains what is the name of this God (Eloah, Allaha, Allah)

You seem not to be thinking... The name Elohim is in your bible, I am sure you can answer this question yourself since the name has similar roots with Allah and it is in your book.

The 'im' is just symbol of respect.
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by deSika(m): 12:26pm On Apr 11, 2013
tbaba1234:

1. Prostration is certainly an important part of worship as evidenced by Jesus and the prophets. Why have you abandoned that form of worship?

2. Jesus and the other prophet bowed down to God alone just like muslims , were they practising Islam??
u seem to believe that the God Jesus was praying to has something to do with Allah. i hv only 2 tests we use to show that thinking is wrong. i wish to start a nu thread on it but if u want i cud bring it on for u

then to ur poinnts.
i hv nt abandond that gesture of worship as i prostrate as in kneel sometimes wen i pray.
1. i was not instructed that the only accpetable gesture of prayer is prostration. its not written anywhere that i must only prostrate when am praying.
2..u must know dat prostration is not the only gesture engaged when praying. prostrating in itself is not prayer (try prostrating without saying or thinking anything). prayer invovles talking with the mouth and ofcourse it comes from the heart. so i cud pray engaging any gesture;kneelin, bowin, standing, sitting it does not negate my prayers
3. so where can i get the instruction on the form of prayer that is acceptable. Jesus says they that worship God must do so in truth and in spirit
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by deSika(m): 12:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
tbaba1234:

You seem not to be thinking... The name Elohim is in your bible, I am sure you can answer this question yourself since the name has similar roots with Allah and it is in your book.

The 'im' is just symbol of respect.
of cos am not thinking thats why am asking thinkers to tell me the name of Allah.is it that dificult to do.

the name elohim is in the bible. what is the name of the elohim of elohims
answer: Yahweh, YHWH
now ova to u
whats the name of Allah(the God)
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by tbaba1234: 12:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
I. Prostration is a form of prayer... Great, it is good that you prostrate, you should do it more often... Maybe if you ask God with sincerity, you will be guided...

i. Muslims make prayers in other ways as well.. Infact we pray all the time and everywhere. The Prostration is part of the obligatory prayer. Muslims praise God when they prostrate, We also pray in our own language when we prostrate similar to how Jesus did it.

So when muslims prostrate, they also make a silent prayer to God.
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by tbaba1234: 12:38pm On Apr 11, 2013
deSika: of cos am not thinking thats why am asking thinkers to tell me the name of Allah.is it that dificult to do.

the name elohim is in the bible. what is the name of the elohim of elohims
answer: Yahweh, YHWH
now ova to u
whats the name of Allah(the God)

What is Elohim of Elohims?? That makes no sense... Elohim is a name of the supreme God in Hebrew so where does the plural come from??

God has many names, of which includes Elohim... Where does elohim come from??

Think!
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by tbaba1234: 12:40pm On Apr 11, 2013
deSika:
my oga, if mosque means a place of prostration then definitely the shrine where native doctors prostrate in my village is a mosque. thanks for the definition. the same can be said of those asian religions, they also have mosques. wat do u think since they prostrate in those buildings.

2. could the jewish temple be a mosque just becos of "prostration″.in a jewish temple there are priest and sacrifices can that be said of a mosque.

3. in Jewish temples, the God they worshiped was not mentioned as Allah, they didnt regard themselves as moslems, they ddnt go to makkah for pilgrimage when they reverred jerusalem as holy so how cud they have bin moslems.

Do your native doctors bow to God? or Idols??

Muslims bow to Allah, Elohim, Alaha and whatever name of the supreme creator.

Already, you know Jesus prayed to Allaha, The same name of the God muslims pray to.
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by deols(f): 6:34am On Apr 12, 2013
There is only one God. God is Allah.

op is talking as if asking pagans what god they worship. Obatala or Sango?

Even the Obatala and Sango worshippers believe in the supreme, Olodumare. Olodumare has the same name irrespective of whT the others(religions) are.

So how you decide to worship God is the difference. God is one to a monotheist.

But if Jesus would be called God as well, dont exp3ct the like of that from a Muslim.
Re: Question For Muslims On The Name Of God by deSika(m): 3:52pm On Apr 12, 2013
yu said
tbaba1234:

and this
If Jesus refered to his creator as Aalah, Alaha... What other proof do you want?
then i said wts the name of 'the God'(Allah).even if Jesus called him that. can 'the God' be the name of God. i just need a straightforward ansa.(nb we call God God that does not make Gods name to be God).i cud say the man stole the car. could 'the man' be the mans name. in the same way could 'the God' be Gods name

2. u didnt ansa this question.pls ansa them.

since u believe that Jesus may be referingg to Allaha or Allah my question is was that Allah worshiped the same way as the muslims after Muhammed. did they believe Muhammed was Allahs messenger, did they have mosques, wat was their mode of worship in the Karba before Mohamed cam
u jst showed where people prostrated in the bible and prayed towards the temple(nt mosque)a temple has a priest and sacrifices wch a mosque does not have.

question is cud this people u metioned (the people prostrating,facing temple) cud they have bin moslems.

Do your native doctors bow to God? or Idols?? Muslims bow to Allah, Elohim, Alaha and whatever name of the supreme creator.
yeah i get u on this one. a mosque is a place of prostrating to Almighty God and not idols. but again u r using example of people prostrating in a temple nd relating them with prostrating in a mosque. my confusion is canthe temple be a type of mosque since both dont involve same practices. me thinks no.

#from my thoughts above. judaism temple can not be related to a mosque,therefore jews are no moslems. so we r back to the question how did early moslems worship allah before Mohamed

(1) (Reply)

Remembering The Demise Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (sa) On The 28th Of Safar / Meaning Of A Word. / Happy New Year Of Islamic Calendar 1435 A.h

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.