Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,033 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Allah And Israel - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Allah And Israel (1753 Views)

99 Names Of Allah And Their Benefits (good For Your Prayer) / What Is The Difference Between ALLAH And ALLAHU? / What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allah And Israel by deSika(m): 1:21pm On Apr 02, 2013
in the last few days, i seem to have developed a form of curiosity on islam. but it seems muslims are not willing to educate others on thier religion
#anyways i stiill gat to ask my questions hoping one day a good shiekh will answer me.

my question is this
Muslims claim that Allah sent other prophets before Muhammed. and their message was islam and oneness of Allah. these prophets include Abraham, Noah and Moses.

If for example Moses talked to his people about Allah. how come there is no body not even one israelite that knows the God of thier fathers to be Allah. where did Yahweh come from to replace Allah

its either Moses talked to them about Allah or he did not

#deSika:I seek to know
Re: Allah And Israel by Maisuya1: 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2013
i am in the office so i cant give u a detailed answer but i will try.

ALLAH (pronounced Alla)is HIS unique name. in hebrew ELI (pronounced ELa). I am not a linguist, eitmologist or morphologist, but i know that pronounciation of same words change accross different dialects (take the arabic salaam and in hebrew sholom both of which means peace)

That said Allah/God/Soko/Olowun/Eli/Chineke sent prophets and messengers to all nations at various times in history, these prophets carried one single theme - the worship of one true God and shuning idolatory in all forms. Moses preached the worship of one true God/creator, David did so too, so did Abraham, isaac, Muhammad and even Jesus (Peace be upon All of them). and so did many other prophets and messengers whose names and stories have faded away from memory and recollection. Now the big question is what is His Name?

Permit me to quote the quran here; 'CALL (HIM) ALLAH OR CALL (HIM) AR-RAHMAN, WHICH EVER YOU CHOOSE, TO HIM BELONGS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL OF NAMES...' (Chapter:The Night Journey)
Re: Allah And Israel by LagosShia: 9:27pm On Apr 02, 2013
LagosShia: please review this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/993524/christians-god-yaweh-he-same

you sound like "Ayomivic";repeating past topics.
Re: Allah And Israel by deSika(m): 2:57am On Apr 03, 2013
[quote author=LagosShia][/quote]
bro, though related to my post. my question is quite different from dt guys. just incase yu ddnt get my question i wil repeat it.

did Moses talk to his people about Allah or not

one way yu could get around this is by saying
Moses talked to his people about a one God but he used thier hebrew tongue annd referred to that God as Yahweh. (In this case yu would be implying that Yahweh and Allah are same) or u cud say
he talked to his people about Allah specifically using the Arabic word, but then the Isrealites chose another God Yahweh.

from here we cn now move on
by now yu should c that am not here for argument sake. i seek clarity. thank u
Re: Allah And Israel by smoy: 10:34am On Apr 03, 2013
quran 17:110-111

Say, "Call upon Allah or call upon the Most Merciful. Whichever [name] you call - to Him
belong the best names." And do not recite [too] loudly in your prayer or [too] quietly but seek between that an [intermediate] way.
And say, "Praise to Allah , who has not taken a son and has had no partner in [His] dominion and has no [need of a] protector out of weakness; and glorify Him with [great] glorification."

People have tried to enlighten you on this, we have languages but Allah is just unique as Jesus said Ellah Ellah lama sabagtani change the E to A .and just of recent archeologist have discover Allah been used before Muhammad (SAW). use you Google on that pls. then when the bible in revelation 19:6 said angel of even singing Alleluya, It might be Ya-Allahu since Greek had prefix at the end of word while Arabic add it at beginning Allelu-Ya. try calling Allelu-ya Continuously ad see it sound, it will latter change to Ya Allalu maybe he dint had them well,it was a dream thou.
Re: Allah And Israel by deSika(m): 11:58am On Apr 03, 2013
bro after all yur xplanations u guys dnt still hit the nail on the head.
question is Did Moses talk to his people about Allah or not
answer should be yes he did or no he did not then before u can now start explaining.
Re: Allah And Israel by smoy: 11:41am On Apr 04, 2013
Quran 14:5-6
And We certainly sent Moses with Our signs, [saying], "Bring out your people from darknesses into the light and remind them of the days of Allah ." Indeed in that are signs for everyone patient and grateful.
And [recall, O Children of Israel], when Moses said to His people, "Remember the favor of Allah upon you when He saved you from the people of Pharaoh, who were afflicting you with the worst torment and were slaughtering your [newborn] sons and keeping your females alive. And in that was a great trial from your Lord.

(More ref Quran 20:9-14)

These are Quran view and Muslims have no objection to that, you see for the Jews or Christians their evidence is bible and several name was mention by the Greek bible including Yahweh as u mentioned and u asked how comes that name? the historian let us know that the most ancient scriptures were lost to the conquer of Jerusalem and Hebrew of stone age consider calling the name of God (Allah) serious offence then, which result to the total lost of spelling and pronunciation of this unique name hence the suggestion and research to adopt the (Yod Heh Vav Heh) by Hebrew and translated to (YHWH) by the Greeks. Furthermore, some historian believed that Yahweh was a name of great ancestor (god) of Hebrew who led a war for Israelite and conquered their enemy. Also Jehovah was caved from this name. Allah Know best.
Re: Allah And Israel by deSika(m): 8:31am On Apr 13, 2013
smoy: Quran 14:5-6
And We certainly sent Moses with Our signs, [saying], "Bring out your people from darknesses into the light and remind them of the days of Allah ." Indeed in that are signs for everyone patient and grateful.
And [recall, O Children of Israel], when Moses said to His people, "Remember the favor of Allah upon you when He saved you from the people of Pharaoh, who were afflicting you with the worst torment and were slaughtering your [newborn] sons and keeping your females alive. And in that was a great trial from your Lord.

(More ref Quran 20:9-14)

These are Quran view and Muslims have no objection to that, you see for the Jews or Christians their evidence is bible and several name was mention by the Greek bible including Yahweh as u mentioned and u asked how comes that name? the historian let us know that the most ancient scriptures were lost to the conquer of Jerusalem and Hebrew of stone age consider calling the name of God (Allah) serious offence then, which result to the total lost of spelling and pronunciation of this unique name hence the suggestion and research to adopt the (Yod Heh Vav Heh) by Hebrew and translated to (YHWH) by the Greeks. Furthermore, some historian believed that Yahweh was a name of great ancestor (god) of Hebrew who led a war for Israelite and conquered their enemy. Also Jehovah was caved from this name. Allah Know best.

so let me take it that Moses spoke to Isrealites about Allah but when their city was destroyed they now started using Yahweh. therefore can i say Yahweh is not Allah that the isrealites have left their original God Allah.

the problem arises when u realise that Allah is an arabic word and isrealites who speak hebrew would neva call their God an arabic name.

so if yur position is that Moses talked to his people about Allah. then u have just LIED. ALLAH IS AN ARABIC WORD FOR GOD.you dont expect hebrews to call their God an arabic name [ONE ISLAMIC LIE JUST EXPOSED]

#but again instead of saying the above ur second option would be to say Allah and Yahweh are the same. they are one God who is almighty, but that the Arabs call this one God Allah and the hebrew call their God Yahweh, Elohim.

here again u hv a problem in ur hands.apart from other character differences. Yahweh is refered to as father yet Allah does not beget and is nnot begotten.
secondly i wud ask yu to prove that Allah and Yahweh are the same in this thread www.nairaland.com/1256025/thaba1234-prove-allah-yahweh-same
Re: Allah And Israel by ayenny02(m): 6:31pm On Apr 29, 2013
deSika:
so let me take it that Moses spoke to Isrealites about Allah but when their city was destroyed they now started using Yahweh. therefore can i say Yahweh is not Allah that the isrealites have left their original God Allah.

the problem arises when u realise that Allah is an arabic word and isrealites who speak hebrew would neva call their God an arabic name.

so if yur position is that Moses talked to his people about Allah. then u have just LIED. ALLAH IS AN ARABIC WORD FOR GOD.you dont expect hebrews to call their God an arabic name [ONE ISLAMIC LIE JUST EXPOSED]

#but again instead of saying the above ur second option would be to say Allah and Yahweh are the same. they are one God who is almighty, but that the Arabs call this one God Allah and the hebrew call their God Yahweh, Elohim.

here again u hv a problem in ur hands.apart from other character differences. Yahweh is refered to as father yet Allah does not beget and is nnot begotten.
secondly i wud ask yu to prove that Allah and Yahweh are the same in this thread www.nairaland.com/1256025/thaba1234-prove-allah-yahweh-same
MEANING OF YAHWEH FROM BIBLE

There are Christians who tend to make a point that the Bible mentions in Exodus 3:14 that the name of God is “Yahweh” or “Jehovah” (depends on where one puts the vowels) but this name does not appear in the Quran. Hence they claim that the Quran cannot be the Word of God and Prophet Muhammad (saw) cannot be a Messenger of God, because there is no reference to the personal name of God which appears in the Old Testament 6823 times

YHWH (Yahweh) in the Bible

Let’s first read the concerned verse in the Bible in context:

Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?"

God said to Moses, "I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

God also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.' This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation. – [Exodus 3:13-15]

Yahweh/Jehovah, to prove that he is really a Messenger of God.

“Yahweh” and “Jehovah” are two pronunciations formed by humans much later. Although the Jewish Encyclopedia labels the word “Jehovah” to be a philological impossibility, the Christian world tends to use this pronunciation till this day. Coming back to the pronunciation of this word YHWH, the Catholic Encyclopedia brings it to our attention:

“According to a Rabbinic tradition the real pronunciation of Jehovah ceased to be used at the time of Simeon the Just, who was, according to Maimonides, a contemporary of Alexander the Great. At any rate, it appears that the name was no longer pronounced after the destruction of the Temple.”

Moreover we are also informed by the same encyclopedia that “the modern Jews are as uncertain of the real pronunciation of the Sacred name as their Christian contemporaries”.

Hence one thing has been made apparent that neither the Jews nor the Christians know the true pronunciation of this word. This word was considered to be ineffable by the Jews and thus with time people lost the knowledge of its true pronunciation.

Meaning of YHWH (Yahweh)

As it was made apparent that we do not know how to pronounce the word “YHWH”, we must now look and understand what this word means so as to get an understanding of the word itself. The Jewish Encyclopedia informs us that the meaning of the name “YHWH” is “‘He who is self-existing, self-sufficient’, or, more concretely, ‘He who lives’”. Hence in simplest of terms “YHWH” means The Living and Self-Subsisting.

Did Jesus use the name YHWH?

Up till now two things have been made clear; the real pronunciation of the word is not available and that the meaning of this word is “self-existing and self sufficient”, in short “He who lives”. So now it must be established whether Jesus did use this name Yahweh in any place. The only verse which Christendom can quote to prove that Jesus used this word is in the Gospel of John which is as below:

“I tell you the truth,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” – [John 8:58]

As we see that the verse consists of the phrase “I am”, the Christians say that Jesus has used the word YHWH. So let us take a look at the Greek version of the verse as we all know that the biblical manuscripts with the Christian world are in the language Greek although there is no concrete evidence that Jesus knew this language

The words translated as “I am” are: ἐγώ εἰμί

Transliterated as: egō eimi

Pronounced as: eg-o' i-mee'
Re: Allah And Israel by deSika(m): 7:44pm On Apr 29, 2013
the question again is. did moses talk to his people about Allah. you have used the diversionary tactic of muslims to start telling me about the pronounciation of YWHW not being known and that Jesus did not call YWHW. dis is not the op is about

the op wants to know whether Moses talked to his people about Allah..this is wat the muslims try to tell us. that Moses worshipped and made reference to Allah.

my common sense tells me that Allah is an arabic word and Moses being an hebrew wud not have spoken an arabic word. simple common sense.

therefore Moses did not talk to his people about any Allah as he did not know any Allah. so this is clearly a LIE. Allah did not talk to any Moses talk more of giving him any book.

COMMON SENSE IS NOT ON YOUR SIDE BRO
this is wat i love doing exposing lies. from a common sense perspective
Re: Allah And Israel by ayenny02(m): 8:27am On Apr 30, 2013
deSika: the question again is. did moses talk to his people about Allah. you have used the diversionary tactic of muslims to start telling me about the pronounciation of YWHW not being known and that Jesus did not call YWHW. dis is not the op is about

the op wants to know whether Moses talked to his people about Allah..this is wat the muslims try to tell us. that Moses worshipped and made reference to Allah.

my common sense tells me that Allah is an arabic word and Moses being an hebrew wud not have spoken an arabic word. simple common sense.

therefore Moses did not talk to his people about any Allah as he did not know any Allah. so this is clearly a LIE. Allah did not talk to any Moses talk more of giving him any book.

COMMON SENSE IS NOT ON YOUR SIDE BRO
this is wat i love doing exposing lies. from a common sense perspective

It should suffice to say that none of the anti-Islam critics has come up with any documented, archeological proof on the authenticity and the real and full pronunciation of "YHWH", which is supposed to be the name of God in Hebrew. We all know that "Yahweh" & "Jehovah" are not Hebrew words, the first includes inserted vowels to make possible the pronunciation of "YHWH", while the latter is a western version of "YHWH" with vowels!

Another fact, according to the bible, is that when Moses asked God about His name, He told him that His name is "I am that I am"! The Jews and Christians do a lot of manipulations and interpolations to "guess" the name of God, they make "YHWH" to mean "to be" or "the one who was, the one who is and the one who will always be"!

“Yahweh” and “Jehovah” are two pronunciations formed by humans much later. Although the Jewish Encyclopedia labels the word “Jehovah” to be a philological impossibility, the Christian world tends to use this pronunciation till this day. Coming back to the pronunciation of this word YHWH, the Catholic Encyclopedia brings it to our attention:

“According to a Rabbinic tradition the real pronunciation of Jehovah ceased to be used at the time of Simeon the Just, who was, according to Maimonides, a contemporary of Alexander the Great. At any rate, it appears that the name was no longer pronounced after the destruction of the Temple.”

Moreover we are also informed by the same encyclopedia that “the modern Jews are as uncertain of the real pronunciation of the Sacred name as their Christian contemporaries”

Hence one thing has been made apparent that neither the Jews nor the Christians know the true pronunciation of this word. This word was considered to be ineffable by the Jews and thus with time people lost the knowledge of its true pronunciation.

MY QUESTION FOR YOU NOW;

Those are verbs and attributes, not a name! God has One name, and that's "ALLAH". If anyone has any doubts or proofs otherwise, let them bring their proof, starting with an archaeological evidence on how was "YHWH" pronounced in full with vowels, not the later-inserted ones!
Re: Allah And Israel by deSika(m): 11:32am On Apr 30, 2013
ayenny02:

It should suffice to say that none of the anti-Islam critics has come up with any documented, archeological proof on the authenticity and the real and full pronunciation of "YHWH", which is supposed to be the name of God in Hebrew. We all know that "Yahweh" & "Jehovah" are not Hebrew words, the first includes inserted vowels to make possible the pronunciation of "YHWH", while the latter is a western version of "YHWH" with vowels! Another fact, according to the bible, is that when Moses asked God about His name, He told him that His name is "I am that I am"! The Jews and Christians do a lot of manipulations and interpolations to "guess" the name of God, they make "YHWH" to mean "to be" or "the one who was, the one who is and the one who will always be"!

Moreover we are also informed by the same encyclopedia that “the modern Jews are as uncertain of the real pronunciation of the Sacred name as their Christian contemporaries”

MY QUESTION FOR YOU NOW;

Those are verbs and attributes, not a name! God has One name, and that's "ALLAH". If anyone has any doubts or proofs otherwise, let them bring their proof, starting with an archaeological evidence on how was "YHWH" pronounced in full with vowels, not the later-inserted ones!
¤point of correction. they dont make yhwh to mean. they tell you what it means. its their language. they know it better than you.
can you accuse an hausa man of "making" nagwode to mean "thank you". its his language and he tells you wat it means.

¤another thing you fail to understand is that languages differ in the way they call a word. you dont expect a particular language to call God by a different language. do you.

get it into your head that Allah is and i repeat is an arabic word. you dont expect jews to call their God by an arabic name when they have a word for God in their language.
you dont expect a yorubaman to call God chukwu when he is speaking yoruba.

one thing you could do for me is to convince me that Allah is an hebrew word. once you can do this your problem is half solved.
did the ancient and present day jews resort to an arabic word when referring to thier God. NO.

¤just to add.
Allah is not even the NAME of God. Yeah. you heard me. Allah is an arabic word gotten from Al-illah. where Al means 'the' as in Al-Jazirah(the island) and illah means 'God'(a spiritual being). so Al-ilah(the God) cannot be the name of God. just as you cant say 'the man' is the name of the man. this is because God is a generic term as man is also a generic term.

the english man says God with a capital G. the arabian says Allah.
Just as God is not the name of God. Allah is not the name of Allah. just as Man is not your name.
Re: Allah And Israel by ayenny02(m): 12:51pm On Apr 30, 2013
deSika:
¤point of correction. they dont make yhwh to mean. they tell you what it means. its their language. they know it better than you.
can you accuse an hausa man of "making" nagwode to mean "thank you". its his language and he tells you wat it means.

¤another thing you fail to understand is that languages differ in the way they call a word. you dont expect a particular language to call God by a different language. do you.

get it into your head that Allah is and i repeat is an arabic word. you dont expect jews to call their God by an arabic name when they have a word for God in their language.

one thing you could do for me is to convince me that Allah is an hebrew word. once you can do this your problem is half solved.
did the ancient and present day jews resort to an arabic word when referring to thier God. NO.

¤just to add.
Allah is not even the NAME of God. Yeah. you heard me. Allah is an arabic word gotten from Al-illah. where Al means 'the' as in Al-Jazirah(the island) and illah means 'God'(a spiritual being). so Al-ilah(the God) cannot be the name of God. just as you cant say 'the man' is the name of the man. this is because God is a generic term as man is also a generic term.

Just as God is not the name of God. Allah is not the name of Allah. just as Man is not your name.

“Yahweh” and “Jehovah” are two pronunciations formed by humans much later.

I asked u to bring their proof, starting with an archaeological evidence on how was "YHWH" pronounced in full with vowels, not the later-inserted ones! (PLS I NEED PROOF NOT ON HEAD)

Whoever worships Allah must be a muslim. The noblest name "Allah" is not uncommon among the arabian pagans. It is in their vocabulary. It is a name know to them since Prophet Adam (AS) was on the surface of land. More precisely, the Arabian pagans have fake ideas about Islam before the advent of the Prophet Muhammad (saw). This is so because Prophet Ismail (as), the father of the Arabs was a Muslim by religion.

The following is from The state of Assyria Aramaic web site.  When you visit their site, click on "Search" at the top blue bar, then click on the "Search Aramaic Lexicon (online directory" link, then type in "God" and click on "English word" radio button.

Word: hl0
Lexeme: 0hl0
Root: hl0
Word Number: 904
Meaning: God
Pronunciation: (Eastern) AaLaH
(Western) AaLoH
Part of Speech: Noun
Person:
Number: Singular
State: Absolute

Lexicon
Word: 0hl0
Word Number: 905
Pronunciation: (Eastern) AaLaHaA
(Western) AaLoHoA
Person:
State: Emphatic

Few points to learn:

1- In the case of "Aalah" or "Aaloh" Aramaic slang pronounciation, it is almost the same as the "Allah" or "Allawh" Arabic slang pronounciation.

2- In the case of "Aalahaa" or "Aalohaa" Aramaic slang pronounciation, it is also almost the same as the "Allaha" or "Allawha" in the Arabic slang pronounciation.  "Allah" would be pronounced as "Allaha" or "Allaha" in Arabic if it's used in the middle of the sentence.  It can also be pronounced as "Allahi" or "Allahu" or "Allaho" depending on the grammar of the sentence.

3- The Hebew word "Elohim" is the plural of "Elowah", which is derived from the Aramaic word "Alaha", or "Elahh"; the same as the Arabic word "Allah" or "Allawh" in pronunciation.

As I mentioned above, by the way, the two "l"s in "Allah" are written in Arabic as one "l".  In Arabic, if the letter is pronounced twice after each others such as the "m" in "Muhammad", then it is written only once, and a special punctuation called "al-shaddah" is applied on the top of the letter to indicate that it is a double pronunciation.  So the point is, the Arabic "Allah" is written with one "l" and not two "l"s.  Perhaps the old Aramaic thousands of years ago was like that too, and maybe that's why "Allah" is written with one "l" in Aramaic ("Aalah" and not "Aallah" or "Allah"

(AGAIN AND AGAIN, SUPPORT YOUR AUGUMENT WITH PROOT)
Re: Allah And Israel by ayenny02(m): 1:41pm On Apr 30, 2013
deSika:

¤just to add.

"Allah" is not what u claimed it to be, and is not "Al-Ilah" as he mentioned. U failed to realize that the use of such expression as "The God" (al-ilah) is to denote the fact that "Allah" is The Only True God The Creator, and not to mean literally "The God". For one thing, "ilah" does not mean "God", it means "god" (notice that there is no capitalisation of letters in Arabic, it is used here for the western audience's sake).

The word "ilah" could also be spelled "elah" in English since there is no "i" & "e" in Arabic; and that the word "ilah/elah" means "god" generally, in Arabic;

The web at site: bible.crosswalk.com, i came across the word "elahh" which is Aramaic and used in the Hebrew bible.

The following is from bible.crosswalk.com:

Thee KJV Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
Strong's Number: 0426
Original Word: hhla
Word Origin: corresponding to (0433)
Transliterated Word: 'elahh (Aramaic)'
Phonetic Spelling: 'el-aw'
Parts of Speech: Noun Masculine
Definitions:
- god, God
- god, heathen deity
- God (of Israel)

From the above, it was noticed that the word "elahh" does exist in the Hebrew bible and it means the above-stated definitions. Its phonetic spelling is 100% identical to that of the Arabic "ilah/elah" and its meanings do include the same "god" meaning.

The word "elahh" is Aramaic, but is used in the Hebrew bible,

what i am trying to prove to u, is that ur false claims against the name "Allah" through the abuse of "ilah" were refutable since the Hebrew bible does contain a similar-sounding word which means exactly what "ilah/elah" (in Arabic) does.

It is therefore very easy to notice that "ilah/elah" (in Arabic) sound exactly the same as the Aramaic word "elahh" that is used in the Hebrew bible to mean -god,god (pagan deity), God, God (of Israel), etc.  I wonder if Mr. Desika would use the same argument against the word "elahh" also?!
Re: Allah And Israel by deSika(m): 3:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
U failed to realize that the use of such expression as "The God" (al-ilah) is to denote the fact that "Allah" is The Only True God The Creator, and not to mean literally "The God".
there is nothing like not to mean literally. al ilah means the God.

bible, what i am trying to prove to u, is that ur false claims against the name "Allah" through the abuse of "ilah" were refutable since the Hebrew bible does contain a similar-sounding word which means exactly what "ilah/ elah" (in Arabic) does.
ilah is the equivalent of elah. Allah is not the eqiuvalent of Elah. take note of the initials il from ilah and el from elah
now consider the following
IshmaEL IsmaIL
IsraEL IsraIL
Gabriel JibrIL
SO YOu see El is equivalent of IL.. there is nothing like jibral
Re: Allah And Israel by ayenny02(m): 4:01pm On Apr 30, 2013
deSika:
there is nothing like not to mean literally. al ilah means the God.

ilah is the equivalent of elah. Allah is not the eqiuvalent of Elah. take note of the initials il from ilah and el from elah
now consider the following
IshmaEL IsmaIL
IsraEL IsraIL
Gabriel JibrIL
SO YOu see El is equivalent of IL.. there is nothing like jibral
I can see from ur statement, u failed woefully. You need to do more research and learn arabic also
Re: Allah And Israel by deSika(m): 4:47pm On Apr 30, 2013
ayenny02:

“Yahweh” and “Jehovah” are two pronunciations formed by humans much later.

I asked u to bring their proof, starting with an archaeological evidence on how was "YHWH" pronounced in full with vowels, not the later-inserted ones! (PLS I NEED PROOF NOT ON HEAD)
u need to stop confusing and distracting yourself with pronunciation issues. What is important is that it is written as YHWH. Is YHWH a Hebrew derived word. YES

Whoever worships Allah must be a muslim. The noblest name "Allah" is not uncommon among the arabian pagans. It is in their vocabulary. It is a name know to them since Prophet Adam (AS) was on the surface of land. More precisely, the Arabian pagans have fake ideas about Islam before the advent of the Prophet Muhammad (saw). This is so because Prophet Ismail (as), the father of the Arabs was a Muslim by religion.
the Arab pagans give us an idea that Allah is pagan derived

The following is from The state of Assyria Aramaic web site.  When you visit their site, click on "Search" at the top blue bar, then click on the "Search Aramaic Lexicon (online directory" link, then type in "God" and click on "English word" radio button.

Word: hl0
Word Number: 904
Pronunciation: (Eastern) AaLaH
(Western) AaLoH
Person:
State: Absolute

Lexicon
Word: 0hl0
Word Number: 905
Pronunciation: (Eastern) AaLaHaA
(Western) AaLoHoA
Person:
State: Emphatic

Few points to learn:

1- In the case of "Aalah" or "Aaloh" Aramaic slang pronounciation, it is almost the same as the "Allah" or "Allawh" Arabic slang pronounciation.

2- In the case of "Aalahaa" or "Aalohaa" Aramaic slang pronounciation, it is also almost the same as the "Allaha" or "Allawha" in the Arabic slang pronounciation.  "Allah" would be pronounced as "Allaha" or "Allaha" in Arabic if it's used in the middle of the sentence.  It can also be pronounced as "Allahi" or "Allahu" or "Allaho" depending on the grammar of the sentence.

3- The Hebew word "Elohim" is the plural of "Elowah", which is derived from the Aramaic word "Alaha", or "Elahh"; the same as the Arabic word "Allah" or "Allawh" in pronunciation.

As I mentioned above, by the way, the two "l"s in "Allah" are written in Arabic as one "l".  In Arabic, if the letter is pronounced twice after each others such as the "m" in "Muhammad", then it is written only once, and a special punctuation called "al-shaddah" is applied on the top of the letter to indicate that it is a double pronunciation.  So the point is, the Arabic "Allah" is written with one "l" and not two "l"s.  Perhaps the old Aramaic thousands of years ago was like that too, and maybe that's why "Allah" is written with one "l" in Aramaic ("Aalah" and not "Aallah" or "Allah"
my dear i have never seen Allah spelt as Alah. Yu yourself writes it as Allah. So wat lie are u spinning
Re: Allah And Israel by ayenny02(m): 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2013
deSika: u need to stop confusing and distracting yourself with pronunciation issues. What is important is that it is written as YHWH. Is YHWH a Hebrew derived word. YES
the Arab pagans give us an idea that Allah is pagan derived

my dear i have never seen Allah spelt as Alah. Yu yourself writes it as Allah. So wat lie are u spinning
You lacks an authoritative reference. U don't have any proof to back ur statement
Re: Allah And Israel by deSika(m): 5:05pm On Apr 30, 2013
there is only one way you can convince me that Allah was spoken by ancient or modern jews. and that is if you can convince me that Allah is a hebrew word..

if you cant do this.. pls stop saying Allah gave Moses any religion..[hebrew speaking people wont use an arabic word]

is Allah a hebrew word.
Re: Allah And Israel by deSika(m): 5:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
ayenny02:
You lacks an authoritative reference. U don't have any proof to back ur statement
asking me for a proof will not solve your problem of whether Allah was spoken by jews. how does the pronounciation of YHWH relate with Allah be used by jews. whether they pronounce it this way or that way does not indicate Allah being used by them. this pronounciationn issue is not wat the op is aking you for..
if for example am able to show you how it is pronounced how does this help us to know whether Allah was used by Isrealites. so my friend lets have a focus. thank you.

i need you to show me how Allah being an arabic word would have being used by hebrew speaking people. if you can do this. i will sure let u know that you have gotten it. am not into arguments like that. thank you.
Re: Allah And Israel by smoy: 6:20pm On Apr 30, 2013
away for long on this topic.

May the peace of Allah be with all brothers and sisters on net and physical Daa’i all over for Allah to reward all with the best reward and for them to stand witness on the last day that we told them and proclaimed that there is no any worthy to be worship except Allah and Muhammad is the last messenger and prophet.

As for this site deSika is you name, no language will change your name when ever you are asked of yuour name you will tell them you are desika any attempt to change even the pronunciation u will get upset, Hausa man will call u Dasika others may call you Theysica or thasika etc. but one thing remains, deSika is your name no matter what anybody decide to call you and that is the origin no one knows it better than u. The Christian and Jew are good in changing names e.g Isor/Isa to Jesus, Musa/Mousa to Moses (Greek Bible) and even translate Muhammedim to “all together lovely” (song of solom 5:16). Either Arabic, Aramaic, Hebrew or Greek the unique name of Allah never change from Adam, Yusuf, Noah, Abraham, Musa, Isa, Muhammad (may the peace of Allah be upon all) they all proclaimed Allah to their people. Thought other names may defers like God in English, Chukwu in Igbo Ubangiji in Hausa etc but they must qualified to be called God in both meaning attribute and function. Eledumare in Yoruba is questionable bc it attribute to gods, but Olorun/Oluwa may do.

If you still adamant about your argument then provide your proof, and not any baseless and human instinct which you always provide and the teaching of your churches not that of Jesus. In the Bible Musa or Isa (ASW) never used Yahweh or Jehova in place of Allah but instead Isa (ASW) used Ellah/Elloh/Elai/Elloi tong different of Allah.

you said Yahweh means father.
Again you theology studies is weak, according to Wikipedia and others Yahweh is translated “I am” and “it cause to be” etc you Christian and Jew only use to said “Yahweh is your father” that is not a translation.

The link u refered me to is blocked, by the way, why over there?

deSika many question unanswered listed
1. Who is Yahweh
2. did Moses used it
3. how about Jesus
4. Who is this that Jesus called while on cross
5. We have told you with verses in Quran that Musa speak about Allah now you proof with Bible or any prophetic book that Musa teach of Yahweh. and we all waiting.
Re: Allah And Israel by nnofaith: 11:03pm On Apr 30, 2013
God started a religion and told only the jews along the line the jews had some misconceptions, so god now sent an arab to correct the misconceptions. instead of correcting we now have more confussion.
Re: Allah And Israel by maclatunji: 12:21am On May 01, 2013
Why do you guys bother with OP? He is not here to learn, only to argue indefinitely. The topic of this thread is ridiculous to say the least. I won't be surprised if the name of God in his local dialect is a part of his name.

I guess because it is not in hebrew, that won't count going by the twisted logic he is pursuing here.
Re: Allah And Israel by ayenny02(m): 5:31am On May 01, 2013
deSika: asking me for a proof will not solve your problem of whether Allah was spoken by jews. how does the pronounciation of YHWH relate with Allah be used by jews. whether they pronounce it this way or that way does not indicate Allah being used by them. this pronounciationn issue is not wat the op is aking you for..
if for example am able to show you how it is pronounced how does this help us to know whether Allah was used by Isrealites. so my friend lets have a focus. thank you.

i need you to show me how Allah being an arabic word would have being used by hebrew speaking people. if you can do this. i will sure let u know that you have gotten it. am not into arguments like that. thank you.

You lacks an authoritative reference.

“Yahweh” and “Jehovah” are two pronunciations formed by humans much later and the modern Jews are as uncertain of the real pronunciation of the Yahweh

MY QUESTION FOR YOU;

1. How "YHWH" pronounced in full with vowel

2. Which laguage is YHWH

3. Who is YHWH

Bring proof, starting with an archaeological evidence

Once again, Don't dodge my Question
Re: Allah And Israel by deSika(m): 2:32pm On May 01, 2013
smoy: away for long on this topic.

May the peace of Allah be with all brothers and sisters on net and physical Daa’i all over for Allah to reward all with the best reward and for them to stand witness on the last day that we told them and proclaimed that there is no any worthy to be worship except Allah and Muhammad is the last messenger and prophet.
ok

As for this site deSika is you name, no language will change your name when ever you are asked of yuour name you will tell them you are desika any attempt to change even the pronunciation u will get upset, Hausa man will call u Dasika others may call you Theysica or thasika etc. but one thing remains, deSika is your name no matter what anybody decide to call you and that is the origin no one knows it better than u.
thank God you agree with me wen u say
smoy: thought other names may defers like God in English, Chukwu in Igbo Ubangiji in Hausa etc
so i have nothing else to say.

the Christian and Jew are good in changing names e.g Isor/Isa to Jesus, Musa/Mousa to Moses (Greek Bible) and even translate Muhammedim to “all together lovely” (song of solom 5:16).
i will agree with Musa being equivalent to Moses seeing they are almost similar. But the quran got it wrong when it said Isa is translated for Jesus. Isa is derived from Esau which means hairy, while Jesus is derived from Yeshua which means Yahweh Saves. Evidently hairy is not equivalent to Yahweh saves. Secondly do you know that no Isrealite would call his child Esau as they regarded him as one whom did not find favor in Gods eyes. Now how could Jesus be named Esau then. I can clearly see that you guys are taught what you say here. But see there is crime in researching for yourselves
Either Arabic, Aramaic, Hebrew or Greek the unique name of Allah never change from Adam, Yusuf, Noah, Abraham, Musa, Isa, Muhammad (may the peace of Allah be upon all)
now this is where your problem lies. U ARE EVIDENTLY LIVING IN A BIG FAT LIE. Arabic, hebrew and greek cannot call God by the same word. CANNOT. now tell me what other words does greek, hebrew and arabic have in common. is it only Allah.

they all proclaimed Allah to their people. Thought other names may defers like God in English, Chukwu in Igbo Ubangiji in Hausa etc but they must qualified to be called God in both meaning attribute and function. Eledumare in Yoruba is questionable bc it attribute to gods, but Olorun/Oluwa may do.
if you agree that igbo call God chukwu and not Allah, Hausa call God Ubangiji and not Allah why then do what Hebrews and greeks to God Allah.. Are u sure u are an adult?

If you still adamant about your argument then provide your proof, and not any baseless and human instinct which you always provide and the teaching of your churches not that of Jesus. In the Bible Musa or Isa (ASW) never used Yahweh or Jehova in place of Allah but instead Isa (ASW) used Ellah/Elloh/Elai/Elloi tong different of Allah.

you said Yahweh means father.
i never said Yahweh means father. I said Yahweh is referred to as father. He points to himself as father.

Again you theology studies is weak, according to Wikipedia and others Yahweh is translated “I am” and “it cause to be” etc you Christian and Jew only use to said “Yahweh is your father” that is not a translation.
Yahweh is translated I am and that is what they have been saying and what they are still saying.

The link u refered me to is blocked, by the way, why over there?
me give you link. when

deSika many question unanswered listed
1. Who is Yahweh
2. did Moses used it
3. how about Jesus
5. We have told you with verses in Quran that Musa speak about Allah now you proof with Bible or any prophetic book that Musa teach of Yahweh. and we all waiting.
diversionary questions not relating to my op. But i wud still oblige you.
1. Who is Yahweh
Yahweh is the NAME of God as revealed to Moses in Exodus 3: 13 -16
2. did Moses used it
It was revealed to Moses. So ofcos Moses used it
3. how about Jesus
Jesus often went to the jewish temple and taught there. In the process he made use of jewish scriptures. These scriptures comprises moses laws and the prophets..In Moses law Yahweh would have been written. So when Jesus read from this law he would have called on the God of Moses.
Are you the one asking me this.if you are asking me this. It means you believe that Jesus died on a cross. Or how would i know what Jesus said on the cross if it was not Jesus on the cross. So before i answer pls tell me whether it was Jesus on the cross. So i can go back and check wat that Jesus on the cross said. So make it clear to me on this one.
Am sorry i didnt get the place where Allah was mentioned in the bible. Cud u elucidate. It has to be ALLAH as in ALLAH, no variations as it is u dont variate Allah when you talking with me you have always used Allah. So show me ALLAH as used by arabs in the bible. Thank you.

#uhm diversionary questions.
So Mr Smoy back to my op.
Do you think Allah being an arabic word would have been spoken by hebrew speaking people.
To aid your answer i will ask this other one
Do you think Allah being an arabic word would have being used by English speaking people
[answer should be YES or NO]
Re: Allah And Israel by deSika(m): 2:44pm On May 01, 2013
maclatunji: Why do you guys bother with OP? He is not here to learn, only to argue indefinitely. The topic of this thread is ridiculous to say the least. I won't be surprised if the name of God in his local dialect is a part of his name.

I guess because it is not in hebrew, that won't count going by the twisted logic he is pursuing here.
mr Moderator. you have not had the bravery to refute even one of statements. then am afraid its you who doesnt want to learn.

but seriously
cant you atleast answer the op
did Moses an hebrew speaking man talk to his people about Allah( an arabic word). its not that dificult is it.

is Allah the name of God in hebrew, greek, igbo, hausa, french spanish, english, swahili etc.

if you cant answer. then i put it to you that you Moderator Mac is swiming and dining with LIES and you refuse to accept it.
Re: Allah And Israel by deSika(m): 2:50pm On May 01, 2013
ayenny02:

You lacks an authoritative reference.

“Yahweh” and “Jehovah” are two pronunciations formed by humans much later and the modern Jews are as uncertain of the real pronunciation of the Yahweh

MY QUESTION FOR YOU;

2. Which laguage is YHWH

3. Who is YHWH

Bring proof, starting with an archaeological evidence

Once again, Don't dodge my Question
me and u. who is the op.
my op has not yet being answered.
your questions dont have a bearing on my op. its diversionary.

i didnt come here for arguments. once you can show me that Allah is the word jews(ancient and modern) use to refer to their God. i wil let you know. until then
Re: Allah And Israel by deSika(m): 3:38pm On May 01, 2013

its generally taken to be pronounced as Yahweh. this is a greek transliteration.. the english transliteration is Jehovah

2. Which laguage is YHWH
its the transliteration of hebrew consonants
3. Who is YHWH.
God.

its simple just go on google type yhwh and you get the meaning.

the most important thing is that it is YHWH. now do you dispute the spelling.
are you trying to tell me that yhwh is pronounced Allah. pls come out of this hide and seek and tell me what you intend to tell me.
so if Yhwh is not pronounced yahweh or Jehovah how is it pronounced. am willing to learn. pls bring it on.
Re: Allah And Israel by deSika(m): 3:39pm On May 01, 2013
after you have done this pls answer my op in clear terms. thank you
Re: Allah And Israel by ayenny02(m): 6:29pm On May 01, 2013
See below for evidence Allah appears in the Bible and the tetragrammaton from which the pressumed word "Jehovah" is formed also appears in the Quran.

http://www.institutealislam.com/what-is-his-name-by-sheikh-ahmed-deedat/

"Jehovah" is a pressumption from the tetgrammaton or "four letters" (YHWH) by injecting vowels. Those four letters are not articulated, also,if you search deep you will know that the tetgrammaton (YHWH) is not a word but an adjective phrase refering/describing the uniqueness to/of the One Almighty God who is Unseen. YHWH refers to "He that is Present" or "Oh He (who is)" in literal arabic and hebrew.the tetragrammaton can also be found in the Holy Quran in several places by the phrase "Qul HoWaH Allahu" which means "Say He is Allahu"!

the prefix,"YA" is an exclamation in semitic languages meaning "Oh".if you add "Ya" to "HoWaH" it becomes "YaHoWaH" (YHWH).

"HoWaH"="He is"!

so YaHoWah = "Oh He (who is)".

what hapens is simply injecting vowels into the letters (YHWH) in order to make the letters pronounceable.
Re: Allah And Israel by maclatunji: 11:36pm On May 01, 2013
deSika:
mr Moderator. you have not had the bravery to refute even one of statements. then am afraid its you who doesnt want to learn.

but seriously
cant you atleast answer the op
did Moses an hebrew speaking man talk to his people about Allah( an arabic word). its not that dificult is it.

is Allah the name of God in hebrew, greek, igbo, hausa, french spanish, english, swahili etc.

if you cant answer. then i put it to you that you Moderator Mac is swiming and dining with LIES and you refuse to accept it.

I don't have time for you now. You are one-dimensional and will keep repeating the same lines even when given answers.
Re: Allah And Israel by deSika(m): 11:49pm On May 02, 2013
maclatunji:

I don't have time for you now. You are one-dimensional and will keep repeating the same lines even when given answers.
no i will accept if ur answer is reasonable and correct. i am one dimensional to you because i try to keep to d essence of my threads and seive off irrelevant bla bla bla. so am waiting for u. trust me i will tell you if your answer is correct.. i will also tell u if its not correct.
salaam

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gist Us On How Ur Ramadan Went Today? / Muslims, Please Clarify These Qur'aan Passages / Jarus: Where Is The Fairness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.