Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,500 members, 7,854,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:13 AM

How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? (23824 Views)

How Did Tinubu End Up Owning Lagos State House, Marina? / Did Tinubu Deployed LASTMA Officials To Adamawa For GMB Campaign (pics)? / Fashola Performed Better Than I Did – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Walphem(m): 7:43pm On Apr 02, 2013
Sweetlemon:

That is one of the main things that leaves me intrigued. The way he handled the whole situation is just ......
You just gotta respect him for that because while other govs would have been busy playing the blame game, he took responsibility and proved that he could work under severe pressure.
Like I said. I'm not his loyalist. I don't love him like that. But I just gotta respect him!
in as much as this guy is a mafia, I think I need to read his autobiography, I might gain one or two things.

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by ewet: 7:43pm On Apr 02, 2013
jmoore:

are you tinubu's slave? Yes, he is still kicking and the only thing he is kicking is your @ss. Endure the pain while he is still alive
and whts GEJ doin to yours,he 4got the shoe he was supposed to hav worn to sch in yours and you keep reveling in his dysfunctional transformation and breath of foul air.When he is done you will realise you and your children will be the ones with no shoes.bloody slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by malc619(m): 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2013
Why isβ€Žβ€‹ this disgusting, nauseating PDP sewer-cockroach on this thread talking nonsense..

senseless 9gerian, pls shut your stinking mouth and stop spewing thrash on this thread.

SenselessMoronicFucktard..

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by jmoore(m): 7:49pm On Apr 02, 2013
ewet:
and whts GEJ doin to yours,he 4got the shoe he was supposed to hav worn to sch in yours and you keep reveling in his dysfunctional transformation and breath of foul air.When he is done you will realise you and your children will be the ones with no shoes.bloody slowpoke.
Another tinubu's slave. I'm not a fan of GEJ so park well
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by ewet: 7:52pm On Apr 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Tinubu appears "powerful" only in certain people's imagination. He's only enjoying the status of being the ONLY former governor in ACN at the moment. When more former governors emerge and as new generation of ACN governors emerge in ACN, Tinubu's imaginary powers will fade away.

However, one thing is not in doubt. Tinubu has used his position as the face of the opposition to build an empire of wealth for HIMSELF, perhaps in anticipation of when his political influence will wane.

OBJ lost out in his battle with Tinubu for the soul of southwest because OBJ was too silly that he NEVER reckoned with PERFORMANCE as a parameter for choosing his foot solders and putting people in positions of authority. While OBJ was using federal might to put people in positions of authority, the only parameter that was on his mind was loyalty. On the other hand, Tinubu was wise enough to consider both loyalty and PERFORMANCE. That made all the difference.
So doesnt tht deserve accolades you bloody hater!
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Afam4eva(m): 7:55pm On Apr 02, 2013
Tinubu understands Nigerian politics very well and knows how to navigate his way. But he cannot never enjoy the same privilege on the National level because the idiosyncrasies of the region where he wields such powers made it possible for him. Someone like Buhari also has huge following in the North but does not have a structured system that he controls.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by dayokanu(m): 7:55pm On Apr 02, 2013
Is it a surprise that most vociferous opponents of Tinubu on NL are not even Yoruba guys

In politics they dont really matter because its the local people who vote and give Tinubu power.

Its like Syrians saying they dont like Obama as American president

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by ZeusI: 7:57pm On Apr 02, 2013
Empty hubris! The greatest problem of Yorubas.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by ewet: 7:58pm On Apr 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Such "deal" only exist in your clueless mind.

There's NOTHING like that. GEJ won in the southwest fair and square. Otherwise, show us concrete evidence that such deal existed BEFORE votes were cast for the 2011 presidential election.

What was Tinubu supposed to do to help GEJ win going by the imaginary "deal"? Was Tinubu supposed to alter the results of votes cast? Or Mobilize his supporters to vote GEJ? If he was to mobilize people to vote for GEJ, show us how he did that before votes were cast. NONSENSE!
In case you hav bin living under a rock or your paymasters hav gotten you chained to a laptop and a desk since you were born tht you hav not even stepped out of your cell in ages.Even Ribadu attested to this fact and its common knowledge all over the place tht Tinubu convinced his people to allow GEJ win the elections,tht was hw he was able to win the SW,you can come arund and ask any1 on the street.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 02, 2013
I am not a fan of Tinubu but I respect the guy die! His greatest master stroke was calling Obj's bluff and surviving it.

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by ewet: 8:01pm On Apr 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Some of you ACN internet rats keep calling our president my pay master. I dont know how that relates to this topic except just to see if some us could be blackmailed to silence. I thought what to do to a strategy that isn't working is to DISCARD it. But the ACN internet rats have insisted on a strategy of blackmail that didn't work in 2011.

A part from the fact these blackmails tend to derail threads, they'r IMPOTENT.

Just to reiterate, if calling our president my pay master will make some persons HAPPY and keep them away from trouble or being used as instruments for suicide bombing, its all well and good.
Then xplain yourself and why you bliv so much in the obviously clueless GEJ against all logic and always redy to infect us with is retardeen ideology.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by truth4meal(m): 8:02pm On Apr 02, 2013
you seriously don't have to like the man but you must respect his dexterity and understanding of Naija politics...For a man to shoulder the opposition is legendary!!!

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by iichidodo: 8:02pm On Apr 02, 2013
Tinubu is powerful but to the yorubas,for his work in Lagos i hold him in high esteem even though i enjoy bashing the old boy.......Tinubu. Lol.

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Afam4eva(m): 8:03pm On Apr 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Such "deal" only exist in your clueless mind.

There's NOTHING like that. GEJ won in the southwest fair and square. Otherwise, show us concrete evidence that such deal existed BEFORE votes were cast for the 2011 presidential election.

What was Tinubu supposed to do to help GEJ win going by the imaginary "deal"? Was Tinubu supposed to alter the results of votes cast? Or Mobilize his supporters to vote GEJ? If he was to mobilize people to vote for GEJ, show us how he did that before votes were cast. NONSENSE!

It also baffles me that some people actually think Jonathan had a deal with Tinubu to deliver Lagos votes to him. How's that even possible? Most of my family voted for GEJ except myself. I want to know how Tinubu was able to influence my family into voting Jonathan. Except they're telling us that Tinubu rigged Lagos election for JOnathan.

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
idupaul:

You don't know Nigerians yet , when de can't eat from U they bail to the next source .. Tinubu's current heroism started in 1999 by becoming Governor of Nigerias most prosperous state and is still on just because he has a loyal stooge as governor in the person of Fashola .. By the time an ingrate enters Lagos govt House Tinubu will just become irrelevant like Orji UZor Kalu in Abia overnite

Correct. Although it is unlikely that the ACN would retain Lagos in 2015, assuming they do, I hope Tinubu would make the mistake of 'annointing' any of GOS (Ganiyu Solomon), Ikuforiji, or Gbenga Ashafa. My hunch tells me these men are ruthless and cold-blooded, and they have what it takes to pull the rug from under Tinubu's feet and send him into forced exile, unlike Fashola that prefers to vent his frustrations on the masses. I'm almost certain that someone like GOS for instance would spit in Tinubu's face less than two months after being sworn into office, and the heavens wouldn't fall..

@ Topic,

A more interesting and infinitely more relevant title would have been : How did Tinubu become so WEALTHY? The man has proved a genius in the art of 'kleptocracy'. I have it on good authority that he is the wealthiest Yoruba man, dead or alive. Far wealthier than the likes of Adenuga, Abiola, and Fernandez et al. How did he do it? Surely, it can't be proceeds of his Mobil pension.

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 02, 2013
ewet:
In case you hav bin living under a rock or your paymasters hav gotten you chained to a laptop and a desk since you were born tht you hav not even stepped out of your cell in ages.Even Ribadu attested to this fact and its common knowledge all over the place tht Tinubu convinced his people to allow GEJ win the elections,tht was hw he was able to win the SW,you can come arund and ask any1 on the street.
"Tinubu convinced his people to allow GEJ win the elections"

Pls tell us when Tinubu convinced his people to vote for GEJ? Which media house carried the report? Was it at night that Tinubu went round southwest to "convince his people to allow GEJ win the elections"? Show us the news report or ANY EVIDENCE to that effect?

How come Osun state was exempted when "Tinubu convinced his people to allow GEJ win the elections"? Ironically, the man in charge of Osun state is the MOST LOYAL to Tinubu of all the ACN governors. So how come GEJ lost in Osun? Not just that GEJ lost in Osun, the governor, Aregbe, boasted that he inflicted defeat on the PDP.

If you dont show us any evidence to that effect before the election, then you must be an IGNORANT FOOL.

The earlier you accepted DEFEAT, the better for you.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 02, 2013
@Pro01, Anoint a man like Ikuforiji? You obviously under-estimate the man a lot.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Afam4eva(m): 8:14pm On Apr 02, 2013
pro01:

Correct. Although it is unlikely that the ACN would retain Lagos in 2015, assuming they do, I hope Tinubu would make the mistake of 'annointing' any of GOS (Ganiyu Solomon), Ikuforiji, or Gbenga Ashafa. My hunch tells me these men are ruthless and cold-blooded, and they have what it takes to pull the rug from under Tinubu's feet and send him into forced exile, unlike Fashola that prefers to vent his frustrations on the masses. I'm almost certain that someone like GOS for instance would spit in Tinubu's face less than two months after being sworn into office, and the heavens wouldn't fall..
Tinubu won't make the mistake of putting someone that will usurp him. He puts relative nonentities there with low self-esteem who will remain loyal to him for a very long time. Word even has it that he'll most likely keep it in the family in 2015.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Tinubu won't make the mistake of putting someone that will usurp him. He puts relative nonentities there with low self-esteem who will remain loyal to him for a very long time. Word even has it that he'll most likely keep it in the family in 2015.

Keep it in the family?! Y'all don't know what you are talking about. So, Fashola, Amosun et all are non-entities with low self esteem?! It is only on NL that one gets to read this sort of fookery undecided

7 Likes

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by danot1030: 8:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
ITbomb: Worse than the PDP godfathers, making sure only his relative gets into elective positions and hand picking a governor without regards to the votes of the people.
Is that Power?

You are wrong about this, one most of the people he has help are neither his relations nor his family members, except for his wife you can mention another person and about handpicking, all the parties does that; i am not Tinubu's fan but let's give him this one.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by aljharem(m): 8:18pm On Apr 02, 2013
smh most of these people know nothing about sw politics but I think it is better to keep shut if you are ignorant about the politics

Sincere 9igeria Thanks for breaking it down for these people. Tinubu is only as powerful as his followers see him.

Afam4eva:

It also baffles me that some people actually think Jonathan had a deal with Tinubu to deliver Lagos votes to him. How's that even possible? Most of my family voted for GEJ except myself. I want to know how Tinubu was able to influence my family into voting Jonathan. Except they're telling us that Tinubu rigged Lagos election for JOnathan.

Yes Jonathan actually give the thief money and he sold out. If you are not sure just say so
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Mars88(m): 8:19pm On Apr 02, 2013
He is hot presently but I don't think anyone should exagerate how powerful he is
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 02, 2013
Afam4eva:

Dont mind the losers. Its all propaganda to alleviate the PAINS of defeat.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Afam4eva(m): 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2013
naijababe:

Keep it in the family?! Y'all don't know what you are talking about. So, Fahola, Amosun et all are non-entities with low self esteem?! It is only on NL that one gets to read this sort of fookery undecided
You have to bee deep to understand my statement. Also notice that i used the term "Nonentity". Whatever i say here only applies to politics. Having a low self-esteem politically simply means not taking big decisions that the Godfather may not like.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Akanbiedu(m): 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2013
naijababe: @Pro01, Anoint a man like Ikuforiji? You obviously under-estimate the man a lot.

Abi o babe, na so we see am.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by aljharem(m): 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Dont mind the losers. Its all propaganda to alleviate the PAINS of defeat.

what propaganda ? It is an open secret

Why did GEJ sen his Presidential Jet to Lagos to pick up Tinubu just before the elections ?

Not only did he sell out Lagos but also 5 other states. Go ask Gej to tell you the truth and stop all you speculations

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
You have to bee deep to understand my statement. Also notice that i used the term "Nonentity". Whatever i say here only applies to politics. Having a low self-esteem politically simply means not taking big decisions that the Godfather may not like.

More fookery! You still don't know what you are talking about.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by OurYansh: 8:25pm On Apr 02, 2013
dayokanu: Is it a surprise that most vociferous opponents of Tinubu on NL are Igbos

In politics they dont really matter because its the local people who vote and give Tinubu power.

Its like Syrians saying they dont like Obama as American president

Properly fixed!!

cool. cool.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by jmaine: 8:27pm On Apr 02, 2013
GEJ won the SW fair and square trouncing the other pretenders soundly . . .

Ascribing his merited conquest to Tinubu is just another desperate lie told to make you all feel good . . .
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by emiye(m): 8:29pm On Apr 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Tinubu won't make the mistake of putting someone that will usurp him. He puts [color=#990000]relative nonentities there with low self-esteem who will remain loyal to him for a very long time. Word even has it that he'll most likely keep it in the family in 2015.[/color]

You mean individuals like Fashola(SAN), Oshiomole, Ajimobi, Akeredolu(SAN). Aregbesola are relative nonenties with low self esteem?
You are talking balderdash ! May be you are referring to Obasanjo or Adedibu.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 02, 2013
alj harem:

what propaganda ? It is an open secret

Why did GEJ sen his Presidential Jet to Lagos to pick up Tinubu just before the elections ?

Not only did he sell out Lagos but also 5 other states. Go ask Gej to tell you the truth and stop all you speculations
Its all propaganda to alleviate the pains of DEFEAT. QED.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Afam4eva(m): 8:30pm On Apr 02, 2013
naijababe:

More fookery! You still don't know what you are talking about.
You don't know what you're understanding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Lays Wreath For Fallen Kenyan Soldiers (Photos) / Falana: Buratai Should Either Resign Or Be Sacked By Buhari / Hakila Yerima Is Dead (SDP Governorship Candidate In Adamawa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.