Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,726 members, 7,831,300 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

The Family's Black Sheep - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Family's Black Sheep (1241 Views)

What Can I Do With My Nephew (the Family's Black Sheep) / How Do You Handle The Proverbial "Black Sheep?" / Must There Be A Black Sheep In Every Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Family's Black Sheep by sunnyt1(m): 6:18pm On Apr 02, 2013
It’s a general belief that every family has a black sheep, anyone who tampers with the peace of a family is referred to as a black sheep. There is always this one person labeled JUDAS, he/she would always bring unwanted noise, police case, shame, black-listing, etc, to the family, he/she is always on the brink of one mishap or another. Do you believe in the family black sheep? Must every family have at least one black sheep to be complete?
Re: The Family's Black Sheep by Godmother(f): 7:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
In my family there's no black sheep. We are all white smiley
Re: The Family's Black Sheep by mysticgal(f): 7:13pm On Apr 02, 2013
yes i do believe in blacksheep,buh in my family all we have,is white sheeps.
Re: The Family's Black Sheep by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 02, 2013
A person may have a different set of ideas or beliefs which may be against the rules in the family but this does not mean that he or she is a black sheep. It is possible that this person is right in his views and the family rules are wrong.

I believe the wool sheerings of a black sheep during the time of Jesus fetched more worth than a white one, although spiritually a sheep had to be pure white and without blemish to be a sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: The Family's Black Sheep by tpia5: 8:24pm On Apr 02, 2013
There are "black sheep" in every family, but what is considered black sheep can sometimes be relative to the position of that family.

For example, in a family of high achievers, anyone who "drops the gauntlet" as it were, and doesnt follow this trend ( say everyone is a professor while one of them refuses to even get a degree), will be considered the black sheep.

In other families, it will be something more serious, involving legal, criminal, moral or other issues.

Imo, some of the reasons for what makes people prefer to be, or become, "black sheep", can be traceable to childhood incidents which makes them rebel or lose grasp as adults.

Oftentimes nigerian parents in particular might not realise exactly how deep the issues are, or that there are indeed many issues. For the ones who do realise whats happening, there are frequently no avenues to turn to for help. People have to admit there's a problem first and thats something we just dont do because of the wider implications as a whole.

However, one also has to consider the fact that the life back home can be hard at times. Life in general can be hard, but its harder in the developing world.

1 Like

Re: The Family's Black Sheep by greatgod2012(f): 8:24pm On Apr 02, 2013
Its not compulsory for a family to have black sheep, at least, there wont be a black ship among my wonderful kids.

@op, i dont know about you.
Re: The Family's Black Sheep by greatgod2012(f): 8:51pm On Apr 02, 2013
Re: The Family's Black Sheep by Joebeck(f): 9:42pm On Apr 02, 2013
greatgod2012: Its not compulsory for a family to have black sheep, at least, there wont be a black ship among my wonderful kids.

@op, i dont know about you.
. Amen and my kids too.
Re: The Family's Black Sheep by kponkedenge(m): 10:01pm On Apr 02, 2013
mysticgal: yes i do believe in blacksheep,buh in my family all we have,is white sheeps.
Liar u re a black sheep, d rest re white sad
Re: The Family's Black Sheep by Mynd44: 2:54am On Apr 03, 2013
Is it compulsory that the "Black sheep" is a child? It might just be a parent
gringringringrin
Re: The Family's Black Sheep by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 03, 2013
^^^ cheesy cheesy cheesy
that was funny! in most family "black sheep" is/are pointed with children! the parents are the saints grin
Re: The Family's Black Sheep by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 03, 2013
Mynd_44: Is it compulsory that the "Black sheep" is a child? It might just be a parent
gringringringrin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Family's Black Sheep by itstpia1: 2:58pm On Oct 14, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Huggies Dry Comfort Is New In The Market, Whats Your Opinion About It Please? / A Nairalander Posts A Picture Of His Mum And Self, To Mark The Mothering Sunday / Pls advice, should he fight back? How?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.