Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded (12195 Views)

Police Arrest Lagos, Ogun Bank Robberies’ Coordinator (pictured) / 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies In 2015 (with Photos) / Ikorodu Bank Robbers Paraded By Lagos State Police Command (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by 5direct: 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2013
My share was only N45.5m – Airport robberies suspect

Lagos State Police Command has arrested members of a gang that allegedly robbed Murtala Muhammed International Airport on March 13, 2013.

The police on Tuesday said the gang was also behind another operation at the same airport in 2012.

One of the suspects, Atoba Adeniyi, who confessed to being part of the two operations, however, said his share was only N45.5m –N45m in the first and N500,000 in the second.

Adeniyi spoke while being paraded alongside six others involved in the robberies at the headquarters of the state command in Ikeja.

The suspects had stormed the airport on March 13 and carted away millions of naira and foreign currencies after killing two police inspectors.

It was learnt that the robbers, Ibikunle John, Atoba Adeniyi, Ibrahim Abdullahi, Kazeem Aderibigbe, Saheed Adekunle, Christian Joshua and Saheed Okunola, stole over $2.5m (N400m) in the 2012 robbery.

Adeniyi, who claimed he only drove those that carried out the recent robbery at the Airport, explained that he had a transport company and other businesses.

He said, “I was involved in the airport robbery in 2012. I am not naturally an armed robber. I used to be a truck driver in Bayelsa State and they (the other robbers) told me they needed my services. It was later I discovered that they wanted to stage a robbery. After the robbery, I was paid N45m.

“I went back to Ibadan in Oyo State, where I built a duplex and started a transport company. I cut all ties with the robbers and even changed my telephone line but they found me and told me that I must come for one last operation. After the second operation that two policemen were killed, I was given N500, 000 because things did not go as planned.”

John, who claimed to be a pastor, said he only prayed for the suspects and gave them spiritual items to aid them in their operations.

He said he only met the suspects in February and had tried to dissociate himself from them but they threatened to kill him if he did not play along.

The suspect said, “I met them through a friend, Paul, who brought them for prayers at my church, the Way of Joy in Egbe, Lagos. Later, they confessed that they were robbers and threatened to kill me if I exposed them. I made them to swear an oath of secrecy and also gave them some spiritual backing.

“I never followed them to any robbery because I still have a congregation that needs me.”

Abdullahi, who is a labourer at the airport, said he was not an active member of the gang but only an informant.

Abdullahi, an indigene of Plateau State, said he usually helped people to carry luggage at the airport.

He said, “I never followed them to any operation. I only told them how they could steal money from some people at the airport that carry large amounts of cash. After the robbery in 2012, they paid me N1.5m for my cooperation.

“I collected it because the amount of money I was making from pushing around trolleys was too little. Imagine, I was earning between N700 and N1000 per day. It was just too little.”

The Commissioner of Police for the state police command, Umar Manko, said the suspects had been linked to a series of robberies in the South-West.

Manko said three vehicles and some rounds of ammunition were recovered from them.

He said, “During last month’s robbery, two policemen were killed. However, one of the robbers, later identified as Teslim Okunola, was also killed. From the corpse, we were able to gather information which led to the arrest of the other suspects.

“We recovered from them, five AK-47 rifles, four dynamites, 64 AK 47 magazines fully loaded, two local pistols, two masks and many charms.” PUNCH

Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2013
@moderator, this thread is front page material. I'm surprised it hasn't made front page.

Mayb if it contained the pictures of a police man collecting bribes it would have quickly made front page.
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by malc619(m): 3:48pm On Apr 03, 2013
Nice one!!

Hope the case is‎​ followed to a logical conclusion....

cool. cool.
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by baby124: 3:58pm On Apr 03, 2013
5direct:

I went back to Ibadan in Oyo State, where I built a duplex and started a transport company. I cut all ties with the robbers and even changed my telephone line but they found me and told me that I must come for one last operation.
The suspect said, “I met them through a friend, Paul, who brought them for prayers at my church, the Way of Joy in Egbe, Lagos.
“I never followed them to any robbery because I still have a congregation that needs me.”

“We recovered from them, five AK-47 rifles, four dynamites, 64 AK 47 magazines fully loaded, two local pistols, two masks and many charms.” PUNCH
shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
Excellent!
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by 1stola: 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2013
What of the MILLITANTS

Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by tellwisdom: 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2013
Recover the money, sell their houses built, recover the goods bought and kill them'all angry..Damboro ba angry angry
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by supaeagles(m): 4:04pm On Apr 03, 2013

Height of delusion! Imagine leading such a double life.
Great job 9ja police!!
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by iamswizz(m): 4:04pm On Apr 03, 2013
hope sey no be innocent pple dem go parade ooo

1 Like

Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 03, 2013
Why are their faces blurred?

I thought the topic said "paraded" undecided
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 03, 2013
Thank God there was no chinedu or emeka involved....

3 Likes

Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 03, 2013
See what greed causes cry

They had collected millions from previous operations but they still wanted to do one last operation. See as big eye don land them for police net. After killing 2 policemen do you think naija police will allow you have a court hearing? In a few days una body go float for lagos lagoon.

Nigerians and greed cry
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 03, 2013
lucenzo: Thank God there was no chinedu or emeka involved....

What is ur point
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by andyanders: 4:15pm On Apr 03, 2013
Show their faces clear so that you can clearly know them and also there friends because they are human beings and live among us. Show their faces clearly. They have accepted they actually carried out the robberies and therefore posting their faces here, it should be clear and not blurred.

1 Like

Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by free2ryhme: 4:17pm On Apr 03, 2013
Everyday for thief
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by eminikansoso(m): 4:20pm On Apr 03, 2013
lucenzo: Thank God there was no chinedu or emeka involved....

IBOS MAY NOT BE PART OF THIS BUT IBOS ACCOUNT FOR OVER 80% CRIME IN THIS COUNTRY. NDIARA EWU ANU IPI grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 03, 2013
The incidence of dare devil armed robbery operations appears to be reducing since coming on board of the new IGP of police. Those who dare, are eventually caught. We'r making progress.
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by Feedmemore(f): 4:21pm On Apr 03, 2013
So where are the faces we are suppose to see? undecided undecided
If it was going to be blurred why parade them? Mtcheeew!
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by FXKing2012(m): 4:22pm On Apr 03, 2013
5direct:
Lagos State Police Command has arrested members of a gang that allegedly robbed Murtala Muhammed International Airport on March 13, 2013..

The suspects had stormed the airport on March 13 and carted away millions of naira and foreign currencies after killing two police inspectors.

It was learnt that the robbers, Ibikunle John, Atoba Adeniyi, Ibrahim Abdullahi, Kazeem Aderibigbe, Saheed Adekunle, Christian Joshua and Saheed Okunola, stole over $2.5m (N400m) in the 2012 robbery.
And why are they all Yorubas? Later some will say only Igbos engage in armed robbery

1 Like

Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 03, 2013
Firing squad.
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by miccodb(m): 4:24pm On Apr 03, 2013
[size=8pt][/size]are suspects automatically guilty now? cos i dont get why the celebration over 'suspects'
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 03, 2013
pDude:

What is ur point
That crime is a collective thing not an Igbo thing
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 03, 2013
String em up.
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2013
Ejo,o aa so kon kon,o,a'koja,lo o. But walahi talahi,Abdellai fa,u badi bery bery well.
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by rossi49ja(m): 4:30pm On Apr 03, 2013
eminikan soso:

IBOS MAY NOT BE PART OF THIS BUT IBOS ACCOUNT FOR OVER 80% CRIME IN THIS COUNTRY. NDIARA EWU ANU IPI grin grin grin grin
. Pray tell me where you obtained your stats from ONYE IBELIBE...EZI OFIA.

2 Likes

Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by pressongodsay(m): 4:30pm On Apr 03, 2013
Imagine someone earnig 700 to 1000 naira per day, that is 30k per month is complaining that its too poor. Naija should be educated on how to be patient in life.
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by eminikansoso(m): 4:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
rossi49ja: . Pray tell me where you obtained your stats from ONYE IBELIBE...EZI OFIA.
IBU EZI ONITSHA.
IBU OZU NWURU ANWU
IBU MPAMA
IBU IKE (BOTTOM)
IBU ISI EWU
IBU ONYEARA
IBU ONUKU
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by 1025: 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
nigeria and nigerians are such a useless set of ppl.
who is the owner of all those money?
are we still practising cashless society?
the first criminal here should be the owners of such fund that was been carried out of nigeria in raw cash and the police that was guiding such money in a cashless society.
nigeria is a country built and operate on lies.
poor traders cannot carry 500,000 but the criminal politicians can carry millions in dollars.
next time, i urge these useless robbers to make sure that the owners of the funds are shot to death.
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
Tyre and fuel judgement no time
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by Djsmart1: 4:38pm On Apr 03, 2013
thats jst the consequences of greed
Re: Airport Robberies Suspect Paraded by eminikansoso(m): 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2013
Dj smart: eh!see innocent people don come join for waitin dem no sabi :Peh!

MEANING WHAT? angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Beware Of This Website. It's A Scam! / Woman Jumps From A Building And Her Butt Implant Explodes! *viewer Discretion* / Evans Was Not Forced To Make Confessional Statements – Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.