Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,239 members, 7,953,905 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:37 AM

Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance (37486 Views)

Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 / Wizkid - Azonto (Video) / Photos From Wizkid Azonto Freestyle Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by dadde(m): 2:12pm On Apr 03, 2013
While granting an interview yesterday, Chris Brown revealed he had infused the Ghanaian dance move into his latest video and attributed its origination to Nigeria. He also recalled meeting Nigerian pop singer Wizkid who taught him the dance move.

Understandably, Ghanians are unhappy about CB’s wrong assumption on the origin of Azonto, with one blog ‘Ghana Celebrities’ posting in an article ‘WTF: Chris Brown Talks About AZONTO On BET, But He Says The Dance Is A Nigerian Thing…‘.

See how the site reported it “It seems Chris Brown coming to Ghana and introducing Nigerian artiste-Wizkid on stage to do Azonto was not a mere mistake. In fact, Chris Brown thinks Azonto is a Nigerian thing…

Probably he is taking the piss out of Ghanaians by failing to credit Ghana with the dance which has gained international recognition…

Talking about his new album ‘X’ and music video ‘Fine China’ on BET 106 & Park yesterday, Chris Brown mentioned that he has incorporated a dance from Africa called Azonto into his dance moves in the video. He even went ahead to request for a tune to be played, so he can demonstrateAzonto to the millions of viewers.

Unfortunately, he linked Nigerians Wizkid to the dance, saying he learnt it from him-that is not so bad. But he categorically added that, Azonto is a Nigerian thing…REALLY?

This is like me going on CNN to say EBA is a Ghanaian food…

Is Chris Brown taking the piss out of Ghana or is it that he does not know the truth about Azonto?

If you are reading this post and you are on twitter, tweet @ChrisBrown and say; For the last time, Azonto is a Ghana dance, get it straight man…”
Lol!

source: Daily Post

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 03, 2013
I can understand why they're somewhat up in arms over the error but it really isn't that deep lol , plus I doubt he cares enough to intentionally instigate or 'take the piss'

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Chanchit: 2:46pm On Apr 03, 2013
Sorry Ghana, if CB thinks azonto is a Nigerian dance its simply because it was made popular by Nigeria, if we live it for Ghana it won't pass Accra. Do you know "i feel good" by James Brown was originally composed by Orlando Julius. So sometimes u have to chill for ur Oga.

141 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Mynd44: 3:02pm On Apr 03, 2013
Ignorance, ego and a whole lot of crap. This is a minor thing. Why get angry?

4 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by iamswizz(m): 3:21pm On Apr 03, 2013
let them continue to be MAD at him... while he keeps making his money and promoting Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by momodub: 3:22pm On Apr 03, 2013
coolrubbish
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by nairaman66(m): 3:22pm On Apr 03, 2013
Azonto is a branch of Atighi.. I guess Chris Brown is right to say it is a Nigerian dance! Ghanaians should chill grin

5 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by kramer: 3:22pm On Apr 03, 2013
BUAHAhahahahahahahaha
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by free2ryhme: 3:25pm On Apr 03, 2013
He was misinformed by wizzy. Wetin small pickin no fit talk again? Lol

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by RoyalRoy(m): 3:25pm On Apr 03, 2013
When they dont know how to put swags in their Azonto....Nigerians will do it for them. yea....we brought swags into their Azonto for the world to see. up Naija.

9 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 03, 2013
Chanchit: Sorry Ghana, if CB thinks azonto is a Nigerian dance its simply because it was made popular by Nigeria, if we live it for Ghana it won't pass Accra. Do you know "i feel good" by James Brown was originally composed by Orlando Julius. So sometimes u have to chill for ur Oga.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by EFCC1(m): 3:26pm On Apr 03, 2013
He was taught by a Nigerian so he has to give d credit to Nigeria...no biggies

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Born2beRich1(m): 3:27pm On Apr 03, 2013
The funny thing is that indirectly nigeria promoted azonto dance to the extent they made a better version called alingo...Anyhow i feel for the ghanians but make dem no vex too much.

7 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by onila(f): 3:27pm On Apr 03, 2013
we put AZONTO on the map

as the GIANT OF AFRICA!

Make them go sleep

13 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by SlyIg(f): 3:27pm On Apr 03, 2013
Who knows Ghana!

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by 50calibre(m): 3:28pm On Apr 03, 2013
Ghana and their rivalry with Nigeria! A tiny country messing with their giant neighbours. I think we should invade Ghana and take over the country

47 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Frostyzone(m): 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2013
Azonto may have originated in Ghana, but it was perfected and repackaged in Nigeria.

18 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Inoknowbook: 3:31pm On Apr 03, 2013
dadde: While granting an interview yesterday, Chris Brown revealed he had infused the Ghanaian dance move into his latest video and attributed its origination to Nigeria. He also recalled meeting Nigerian pop singer Wizkid who taught him the dance move.

Understandably, Ghanians are unhappy about CB’s wrong assumption on the origin of Azonto, with one blog ‘Ghana Celebrities’ posting in an article ‘WTF: Chris Brown Talks About AZONTO On BET, But He Says The Dance Is A Nigerian Thing…‘.

See how the site reported it “It seems Chris Brown coming to Ghana and introducing Nigerian artiste-Wizkid on stage to do Azonto was not a mere mistake. In fact, Chris Brown thinks Azonto is a Nigerian thing…

Probably he is taking the piss out of Ghanaians by failing to credit Ghana with the dance which has gained international recognition…

Talking about his new album ‘X’ and music video ‘Fine China’ on BET 106 & Park yesterday, Chris Brown mentioned that he has incorporated a dance from Africa called Azonto into his dance moves in the video. He even went ahead to request for a tune to be played, so he can demonstrateAzonto to the millions of viewers.

Unfortunately, he linked Nigerians Wizkid to the dance, saying he learnt it from him-that is not so bad. But he categorically added that, Azonto is a Nigerian thing…REALLY?

This is like me going on CNN to say EBA is a Ghanaian food…

Is Chris Brown taking the piss out of Ghana or is it that he does not know the truth about Azonto?

If you are reading this post and you are on twitter, tweet @ChrisBrown and say; For the last time, Azonto is a Ghana dance, get it straight man…”
Lol!

source: Daily Post

Dance step wey Atiliogwu dancers in Igbo land don dey do tey tey, na eim ghana people talk say na their own. Na waa oo.

5 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 03, 2013
Hahahahaha! Dem never mad finish. grin

Can you blame us? They brought out a very local dance. We took it, cleaned it and repackaged it to commercial quality and yet they are angry.

If not for Nigerians, azonto would have remained in Ghana and nobody would have known about the dance. naija nor dey dull o.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 03, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaa.

Is funny to me joor.
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Emmy9ite(m): 3:31pm On Apr 03, 2013
Wizzy taught him Azonto, he learnt it first from a Nigerian. So to him, it originated from Nigeria. Lol.
I guess he was misinformed. No biggy Ghanians!

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by fittty(m): 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2013
smiley
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by gbadexy(m): 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2013
E go seriously pain ghanians o.
They are being overshadowed by nigeria again!
Its the inferiority complex that makes them beaf nigeria and this would add more to it.

7 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by possibilita(m): 3:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
nairaman66: Azonto is a branch of Atighi.. I guess Chris Brown is right to say it is a Nigerian dance! Ghanaians should chill grin
grin grin grin
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by AGgal(f): 3:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
Mtchewwwww! As if he's going 2 gv us an award 4 it

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by PaulJohn1: 3:35pm On Apr 03, 2013
Ghanians don suffer from Nigerians no be small grin

Why dem sef go (locate) their tiny country close the giant

Thank God I'm not a ghanian tongue cool

10 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by oboy3(m): 3:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
Whites and Asians are busy Inventing things and developing their countries
but Blacks Ghana and Nigeria(both third world countries) are busy fighting over who invented a sick dance step,God knows i hate that Dance
Smdh

22 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by WIZGUY69(m): 3:37pm On Apr 03, 2013
MAKE GHANA NO VEX NAH. LET DEM SELL D DANCE 4 US. LOL

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Falz’s Soldier Video Is The Best Video You’ll Watch This Year / Naira Marley To Shoot COVID-19 Musical Video / 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.