Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,481 members, 7,850,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:56 AM

Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance (37309 Views)

Wizkid's 'Azonto' Among Non-american Summer Songs Of 2013 / Wizkid - Azonto (Video) / Photos From Wizkid Azonto Freestyle Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 03, 2013
Ms Nas:
You see your life? You don't give a sh!t but you've started with the profanities? Lmaoo! Reminds me of the song "E dey pain me, ghen-ghen!"
N.B: The "Park Well" phrase is Nigerian! Need I say more?grin grin
LMAOOOO!!! you see what I was saying? they love us too much.
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by MsNas(f): 9:29pm On Apr 03, 2013
ItsModella:
Exactly my point. If they don't care, why are they so pissed?
Help me ask them o!!! Using reverse psychology isn't gonna make the pain CB's comment caused them, go away!cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Evestar200(f): 9:29pm On Apr 03, 2013
Why una dy ansa ghanians?,,them dy bite d hand wey dy feed dem na,,e b lyk say they nor wan use light again,,,only warri fit invade d whole ghana sef,,leave dem their cup go full

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 03, 2013
ylaa: we dance azonto better than the ghanians, daz just d truth.

HELL YEAH grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by dominique(f): 9:30pm On Apr 03, 2013
Oh boy... Its the whole of Africa against Naija. let's see how this ends
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2013
ItsModella:
Don't mind them...azonto and alomo, those are the only things they can boast of.

If Nigerians decide to stop importing alomo, the whole Ghanaian economy would shut down.

LOOOOOOL! Dis is waaaay too funny! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Drhenrysaint(m): 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

Come to think of it, the moon walk was not invented by micheal jackson but was perfected by him thats why he is well known as the moon walker...so actually Chris brown didnt really make a mistake by saying its nigerian because nigeria perfected it and made it well known... cheesy
thank you
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by mekaboy(m): 9:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
SHAME ON WEST AFRICA, NO WONDER WE ARE CALLED THIRD WORLD. FIGHTING OVER DANCE STEP, WAITING FOR THE LATEST ELECTRONIC GADGETS TO BUY FROM DEVELOPED COUNTRIES.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 03, 2013
I can see the warriors have invaded the thread! grin

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 03, 2013
[quote author=Bidvest2020][/quote]
ahhhh, you want to say that Ghana too is not corrupt? You want to say that Ghana is one hella peaceful nation? do you really wanna go there? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by dominique(f): 9:43pm On Apr 03, 2013
mekaboy: SHAME ON WEST AFRICA, NO WONDER WE ARE CALLED THIRD WORLD. FIGHTING OVER DANCE STEP, WAITING FOR THE LATEST ELECTRONIC GADGETS TO BUY FROM DEVELOPED COUNTRIES.

Its not over a dance step, its over superiority. The Nigerian-Ghanian rivalry hs been wayyyy before the azonto got invented. They just don't want to admit we're not their mates in every way. Smh for them.
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Abrantie: 9:46pm On Apr 03, 2013
dadde: While granting an interview yesterday, Chris Brown revealed he had infused the Ghanaian dance move into his latest video and attributed its origination to Nigeria. He also recalled meeting Nigerian pop singer Wizkid who taught him the dance move.

Understandably, Ghanians are unhappy about CB’s wrong assumption on the origin of Azonto, with one blog ‘Ghana Celebrities’ posting in an article ‘WTF: Chris Brown Talks About AZONTO On BET, But He Says The Dance Is A Nigerian Thing…‘.

See how the site reported it “It seems Chris Brown coming to Ghana and introducing Nigerian artiste-Wizkid on stage to do Azonto was not a mere mistake. In fact, Chris Brown thinks Azonto is a Nigerian thing…

Probably he is taking the piss out of Ghanaians by failing to credit Ghana with the dance which has gained international recognition…

Talking about his new album ‘X’ and music video ‘Fine China’ on BET 106 & Park yesterday, Chris Brown mentioned that he has incorporated a dance from Africa called Azonto into his dance moves in the video. He even went ahead to request for a tune to be played, so he can demonstrateAzonto to the millions of viewers.

Unfortunately, he linked Nigerians Wizkid to the dance, saying he learnt it from him-that is not so bad. But he categorically added that, Azonto is a Nigerian thing…REALLY?

This is like me going on CNN to say EBA is a Ghanaian food…

Is Chris Brown taking the piss out of Ghana or is it that he does not know the truth about Azonto?

If you are reading this post and you are on twitter, tweet @ChrisBrown and say; For the last time, Azonto is a Ghana dance, get it straight man…”
Lol!

source: Daily Post

Hey, Eba is Ghanaian. We call it "Gari Banku" which I heard was the cheapest crap served in boarding school dinning halls back in the days.
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 03, 2013
dominique:

Its not over a dance step, its over superiority. The Nigerian-Ghanian rivalry hs been wayyyy before the azonto got invented. They just don't want to admit we're not their mates in every way. Smh for them.

Exactly that's the problem! That's why dey are pissed grin grin
Re: Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance by MsNas(f): 9:48pm On Apr 03, 2013
[quote author=Bidvest2020][/quote]

Come and see when the stationery store woman is packing to go to Ghana!shocked she buys anything buy-able from Naija(even eva table water!!!) When my cousin asked her why she buys those things..she said "Madam, those things cost for there o! I wan go sell them" and u come open mouth say u get exports? Mscheww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube / Does Tiwa Savage Deserves All The criticism? / Naira Marley To Shoot COVID-19 Musical Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.