Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Facts About Marriage And Infidelity - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Facts About Marriage And Infidelity (840 Views)

‘House Husbands’ More Prone To Infidelity –Study / He/she Is 'just A Friend'.12 Signs Of An Emotional Infidelity / British Women And Infidelity - Survey Confirmation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Marriage And Infidelity by feltyman(m): 6:13pm On Apr 03, 2013
After going through a book on relationship and infidelity, I decided to bring out the following facts and post them on Love and Relationship, but then which of these facts affect you, and which do you totally agree with?
• More than 90% of divorces in long-standing marriages involve infidelities some time during the marriage.

• Nearly 70% of all married men and 60% of married women have had affairs (outside wedlock). That’s two out of every three marriages.
• Every ten to thirteen seconds someone gets divorced worldwide.
• 50% of women and 33% of men remain angry for ten years after a divorce.
• Women have more trouble starting new relationships than divorced men do.
• More than 50% may be involved in a current affair, yet only 25% cite an affair as an actual reason for divorce.
• 80% of those who divorce during an affair regret the decision.
• Over 75% who marry partners in an affair eventually divorce.
• The divorce rate and ratio of infidelity are much higher among marriage partners in an affair.
• The average affair lasts two to four years.
• If an affair becomes public it is doomed.
• If an affair replaces the marriage, it is subject to the same emotional stresses as the marriage but is twice as likely to fracture.
• An affair prevents binding ties from being formed. Eventually it has nowhere to go. Sooner or later it will suffocate in secrecy.
• Affairs die for the same reason as marriage, lack of intimacy.

Do you think it's possible to forgive -- and forget -- after an affair? Find out what everyone else thinks…………

CULLED FROM http://www.hchroniclenetwork.com/groups/love-and-relationship/forum/topic/infidelity-in-relationships
follow @ http://www.twitter.com/Hchroniclenet for more updates
Re: Facts About Marriage And Infidelity by badmeat(m): 6:22pm On Apr 03, 2013
These are huge statistics,me I see marriage as a commandment from GOD,rather
Than a contract,and I view marriage as eternal,this has helped me in my marriage tru thick and thin

1 Like

Re: Facts About Marriage And Infidelity by feltyman(m): 6:26pm On Apr 03, 2013
You really have a huge point, despite all human efforts to save marriage, its God that saves marriage!

(1) (Reply)

Woman Smashes Husband's Head With Frying Pans For Getting Her Sister Pregnant / ...naija Boy Who Weds His 85 Yrs Old German Friend.... / Ghanian Man Locks Up His Own Children Indoors For 2 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.