Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,532 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

When Is Business Partnership Advisable In Nigeria? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / When Is Business Partnership Advisable In Nigeria? (4992 Views)

Why Inverter Is Advisable Rather Than Generator / BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP: Are You Interested?: / How Safe Is Business With Awoofshop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: When Is Business Partnership Advisable In Nigeria? by lordy(m): 8:12pm On Apr 06, 2013
Just as two heads are better than one, so is Partnership better than Sole Proprietorship. BUT...

Never go into partnership under duress or as a result of pity.

Based on your report, this supposed friend of yours only wants to reap where he has not sown. And he doesn't even mind doing that by twisting your arms and putting you under duress.

He is not a true friend. SHUN HIM!
Re: When Is Business Partnership Advisable In Nigeria? by Consultville(m): 11:01pm On Apr 06, 2013
okwutency: Nairalanders pls I need help. I have a business I established. Initially, it looks like the stress was too much and now the biz seem to be growing small small.

And I have this very close friend that has been help from secondary school, in fact almost all the cloths I’ve is from him. He never showed interest in this biz until recently that it looked like I’m going to make huge profit, then he came with the idea of being my partner in the biz. He said he’l bring half of the money in the biz now and then after every month, we share the profit 60% and 40%.

I didn’t agree in this idea and asked him to start his own biz, he said it’s not advisable for 2 friends to be producing the same thing in the same area and he can’t do it. And I also told him that even if I’m going to do the partnership thing, it’l not be now, that my biz has not grown to that level that he should wait till I made great achievement in it. If I do it now, I’l loose interest in the biz and the whole thing will collapse. This issue is trying to brake our relationship. Pls advise me.
Going by your story, Partnership step, will be the deadliest move in this scenario. From my assessment, one of your driving force in this business is the passion you have for it which is the building block of your perseverance even when your biz wasn't going well, and immediately you consider partnership, the passion will be the first quality that will drop.

Pls I want to ask, when is it advisable to make partnership in biz? Is it when the biz is started, growing or grown. Pls I need answers with reason.

Going by your story, Passion I sense is your major driving force which is also the building block of perseverance even during the times the company wasn't flourishing as expected. If you consider Partnership now at this infant stage of your company it might be deadly, cox there is high tendency that immediately you step into it your level of passion will drop.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

$8,550 In The Bank… How To Profitably Flip Your Life To Riches / Quality Bluetooth Speakers. Pay On Delivery! / You Get Good Lpo of these stones We Get Finance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.