Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,421 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. (15776 Views)

EFCC Confronts Akpabio With Evidence Of Transactions / Alleged N10b Fraud: Efcc Confronts Akpabio With Evidence Of Transactions / Photo News: Gov. Akpabio With AKS New CP Mr. Gabriel Achong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by idlaw2k3(m): 2:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
Radio Presenter Dares Governor...... Speaks Truth.

As at last week, the statement “I used my hand to strike out the name of the Senator who won the election, and said that it is important for me to give that region a Senator in 2007, and i produced Senator Aloisus Etuk…Senator stand up and take a bow…”, by the present serving governor of Akwa-Ibom State, Gov. Godswill Akpabio, never meant anything to many Nigerians, today however, since after a Reality Radio Talk Magazine program popularly known as Brekete Family carried it, Nigerians have now realized what a negative statement that was, and they are angry and calling for his removal as well as the said senator he installed.

If i begin by saying that Gov. Godswill Akpabio of Akwa-Ibom State is a crook, a liar, a cheat and a coward, that he has succeeded in messing himself up by making a careless statement on National Television, a lot of people will call me names and assume i was paid to do so. The thing is, Gov. Akpabio has seriously dent himself in the name of impressing those who were standing before him that very day the statement was made as well as the people from the “region”.

If not that Gov. Akpabio felt nothing can be done to him as far as Nigeria and the people of Akwa-Ibom State is concerned, how can he, a governor, whether serving or not, publicly beat his chest to say that he rigged election and that he is proud of it? The surprising thing was that people were clapping and cheering for him after that atrocious statement. What manner of government do our leaders run this days and what kind of people are leading us and where are they leading us to?

Time without number i have said it that the media we have in Nigeria are not doing their job. Was it not few weeks ago an international media lady drilled President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to submission, without fear or favour? She queried and queried until Mr President began to stammer. For many of us who watched that interview, we saw the difference, were it to be a Nigerian media person from AIT, NTA, Channels Television, SilverBird etc, the story would have been different. The kind of question they will be asking him will make no sense at all. You’d here questions like, ‘The people in a certain location are complaining seriously about power supply, what do you have to say about that?”, or you’d also here things like, “You said you did not wear shoes to school but today you are Nigeria’s president, what is your advise to those who are in schools now and they have shoes with them?”. Senseless questions, they ask questions without thinking it through, without wanting to go deep into the real situation that burders the people he rules. That is the kind of media people we have in Nigeria.

The governor is calling for a public apology and total withdrawal of the statement President of Brekete Family, Ordinary Ahmad Isah made concerning his according to him, ‘alledged” rigging of election, what did Ahmad Isah say that wasn’t true? The video as well as audio are every where on the net. Youtube, twitter, facebook and lots of organization and individual websites as this. Something that the National Assembly has summond him to come and explain how he rigged the election, something that most of our national television as well as radio stations aired, something that many young people carry on their mobile phones etc.

I see it as an unhealthy and unethical practice in the part of the media to always want to shield the truth in order to cury favour from those concerned. It is my understanding that representatives of the governor has been going around intimidating and harassing all those exposing and expanding or circulating this statement of his, that shouldn’t be the case. The media in Nigeria has to realise that they have the power to do turn things around in this country, they have perfectly understand the success of good or evil rest in their shoulder, they have to be aware that they have the power to say things that the ordinary Nigerian cannot say.

It is on this same site that one of the writers said that most people here in Nigeria are ass-kissers, it sounded funny but that’s patheticaly the case. They kiss asses no matter how dirty it is, just to go home or to their individual banks smiling and calling it a display of personal wit.

I am suggesting strongly that the National Assembly should not let this fly away this time around, in the name of fighting corruption, they should discharge Gov. Godswill Akpabio of his duty as governor of Akwa-Ibom State. The corrupt governor deserves to be put on hot seat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J5wq8JGpI_4

Source..http://www.opinionnigeria.com/?p=1159

The popular Radio program (Brekete) has been taken off the air.

6 Likes

Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by idlaw2k3(m): 2:36pm On Apr 04, 2013
Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by idlaw2k3(m): 6:35pm On Apr 04, 2013
Should he offer an apology to the Akwa Ibom Governor as demanded?

1 Like

Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by talktimi(m): 7:44pm On Apr 04, 2013
...." The surprising thing was that people were clapping and cheering for him after that atrocious statement."

Op which kind pepper body you get na ? From your statement above the people are happy, let the opponent in said election head to the election tribunal or take the governor to court if e still dey pain am of which I am sure the amiable governor has "settled" said opponent. Nigerians and their wahala sef. cool
Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by mikolo80: 8:54pm On Apr 04, 2013
talktimi: ...." The surprising thing was that people were clapping and cheering for him after that atrocious statement."

Op which kind pepper body you get na ? From your statement above the people are happy, let the opponent in said election head to the election tribunal or take the governor to court if e still dey pain am of which I am sure the amiable governor has "settled" said opponent. Nigerians and their wahala sef. cool
ABI O.BROS UR HEAD DE DIA.DEMOCRACY IS DIFF FROM MERITOCRACY.WHY CANT OUR FELLOW NIGERIANS GET THIS VERY SIMPLE CONCEPT.SENTIMENT WONT SOLVE ANYTHING
Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by etalker: 10:37pm On Apr 04, 2013
Its saddening to hear that "Brekete family" has stopped airing on radio.

Funny enough, if the Governor is demanding an apology from the presenter, who will apologize to the person whose chances of becoming a Senator was hampered by the Governor (even with glaring evidence in the said video).

Where is the opposition when you need them?

11 Likes

Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by olawumia(m): 10:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
mikolo80: ABI O.BROS UR HEAD DE DIA.DEMOCRACY IS DIFF FROM MERITOCRACY.WHY CANT OUR FELLOW NIGERIANS GET THIS VERY SIMPLE CONCEPT.SENTIMENT WONT SOLVE ANYTHING

Sentiment ?i wonder how some youths reason ,a goveror came on air bragging how an election was influenced, and we call dat sentiment. Too bad ....in a civil n meaningful nation ,such person suppose to be at d back of bar eating beans. Naija i hale ooo

15 Likes

Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by kokoA(m): 11:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
I knew that programme won't last long on radio. Even the owner knew this. He kept saying "if dem stop us for radio, we go carry brekete family go internet, dem no fit stop us". Ordinary Ahmed is such a fearless man, but in Nigeria such people never get the support they need to nail these gang of crooks called politicians. Smh!

18 Likes

Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by Nobody: 1:49am On Apr 05, 2013
Our 'leaders' have killed nd buried d spirit of our laws and are going for the letters.
They are d undertakers and we are d mourners ;weeping endlessly and helpless.

2 Likes

Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by Screwface(m): 7:05am On Apr 05, 2013
talktimi: ...." The surprising thing was that people were clapping and cheering for him after that atrocious statement."

Na because of comments like dis and people like you we stil dey where we dey.

12 Likes

Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by talktimi(m): 7:22am On Apr 05, 2013
Screwface:

Na because of comments like dis and people like you we stil dey where we dey.
if you no like where you dey why you no waka pass ? After all nobody tie your leg.

1 Like

Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by Coldfaya(m): 7:24am On Apr 05, 2013
kokoA: I knew that programme won't last long on radio. Even the owner knew this. He kept saying "if dem stop us for radio, we go carry brekete family go internet, dem no fit stop us". Ordinary Ahmed is such a fearless man, but in Nigeria such people never get the support they need to nail these gang of crooks called politicians. Smh!

Abi oooo.......d brekete family radio was just a fearless bunch. It is like d most popular n loved show in abuja. D guy should even b praised cos he was a voice to d voiceless.

8 Likes

Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 05, 2013
I heard he is in the hospital after a failed assasination attempt. I miss d program.. cry cry I wish him speedy recovery!

Una Hembelembe!!!!
Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by baynix(m): 8:06am On Apr 05, 2013
Pls.. He Shld Nt Apologise For Anything!! Thr Shld Be Freedom Of Speech Pls!

[size=25]Edmond Obilo Still Ma Fave Radio Presenter.. He Knows How To Handle Ds Politicians! He 'll Force You To Call Urself A Thief!! [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by skidos4u(m): 8:52am On Apr 05, 2013
hembelembe!!! olololooooooo!!! heeeeembeeeelembeehhhhh!!! olooloolooooooo!!! my broda my sister if una d luk tym na, tym don d gives signal, signal mak we do watin? signal mak we d banu d go. enhhh d nxt mata be sey Gov. Akpabio must apologies 2 all naijerians 4 stealn som1 mandate n giv am 2 him friend. dos in suport jejejeje say neeee!!! d neeeeee ve it.

3 Likes

Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by talktimi(m): 9:56am On Apr 05, 2013
..."But Falae claimed that Tinubu never won the AD primaries in 1999, and that God used him (Falae) to get Tinubu nominated as the governorship candidate to run on the platform of AD.

According to him, “Late Funsho Williams who won the primary election of the AD backed down after my intervention.

“I pleaded with Funsho Williams that by the grace of God if I become the president, I will give him legitimate recognition and opportunity to serve the country if he allowed Tinubu to become AD governorship nominee to save our leader, Pa Abraham Adesanya, the late leader of Afenifere, who announced him as the winner."

https://www.nairaland.com/1237111/cannot-work-tinubu-acn-party

S#it has been happening for naija politics tey tey even amongst the "progressives" grin

2 Likes

Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by iamswizz(m): 10:07am On Apr 05, 2013
all government officials are corrupt... no one is trustworthy..,

NIGERIA IS DOOMED cry
Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by Mystiqme: 10:07am On Apr 05, 2013
talktimi:
S#it has been happening for naija politics tey tey even amongst the "progressives" grin
So does the fact that it has been happening since mean it should continue happening? How then do we progress as a nation?Smh

3 Likes

Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by okwutency(m): 10:08am On Apr 05, 2013
Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by dridowu: 10:11am On Apr 05, 2013
Pdp so familiar with rigging.
Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by Walexz02(m): 10:13am On Apr 05, 2013
Hehehe!!
See me see wahala o!!
So the programme is now stoped bcoz of this tquth?
Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by Biggyd2: 10:14am On Apr 05, 2013
Even here, some people believe that he did wrong by speaking out about the evil perpetrated by this governor. We still have a VERY long way to go in this country. undecided.

1 Like

Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by rozayx5(m): 10:16am On Apr 05, 2013
talktimi: if you no like where you dey why you no waka pass ? After all nobody tie your leg.

now some guys will just walk in and start bashing him online
you cant do protests on NL, if you dont like where we are now as a country , take to the streets and stop being a keyboard soldier (toothless dog) undecided undecided

#spits on thread and walks away

1 Like

Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by ORAFA(m): 10:19am On Apr 05, 2013

U sound so stewpid and ignorant. I suggest u have a VERY LOW IQ so no need explaining the effect of what he said to you.

1 Like

Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by eyenborosky: 10:21am On Apr 05, 2013
idlaw2k3: Radio Presenter Dares Governor...... Speaks Truth.

As at last week, the statement “I used my hand to strike out the name of the Senator who won the election, and said that it is important for me to give that region a Senator in 2007, and i produced Senator Aloisus Etuk…Senator stand up and take a bow…”, by the present serving governor of Akwa-Ibom State, Gov. Godswill Akpabio, never meant anything to many Nigerians, today however, since after a Reality Radio Talk Magazine program popularly known as Brekete Family carried it, Nigerians have now realized what a negative statement that was, and they are angry and calling for his removal as well as the said senator he installed.

If i begin by saying that Gov. Godswill Akpabio of Akwa-Ibom State is a crook, a liar, a cheat and a coward, that he has succeeded in messing himself up by making a careless statement on National Television, a lot of people will call me names and assume i was paid to do so. The thing is, Gov. Akpabio has seriously dent himself in the name of impressing those who were standing before him that very day the statement was made as well as the people from the “region”.

If not that Gov. Akpabio felt nothing can be done to him as far as Nigeria and the people of Akwa-Ibom State is concerned, how can he, a governor, whether serving or not, publicly beat his chest to say that he rigged election and that he is proud of it? The surprising thing was that people were clapping and cheering for him after that atrocious statement. What manner of government do our leaders run this days and what kind of people are leading us and where are they leading us to?

Time without number i have said it that the media we have in Nigeria are not doing their job. Was it not few weeks ago an international media lady drilled President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to submission, without fear or favour? She queried and queried until Mr President began to stammer. For many of us who watched that interview, we saw the difference, were it to be a Nigerian media person from AIT, NTA, Channels Television, SilverBird etc, the story would have been different. The kind of question they will be asking him will make no sense at all. You’d here questions like, ‘The people in a certain location are complaining seriously about power supply, what do you have to say about that?”, or you’d also here things like, “You said you did not wear shoes to school but today you are Nigeria’s president, what is your advise to those who are in schools now and they have shoes with them?”. Senseless questions, they ask questions without thinking it through, without wanting to go deep into the real situation that burders the people he rules. That is the kind of media people we have in Nigeria.

The governor is calling for a public apology and total withdrawal of the statement President of Brekete Family, Ordinary Ahmad Isah made concerning his according to him, ‘alledged” rigging of election, what did Ahmad Isah say that wasn’t true? The video as well as audio are every where on the net. Youtube, twitter, facebook and lots of organization and individual websites as this. Something that the National Assembly has summond him to come and explain how he rigged the election, something that most of our national television as well as radio stations aired, something that many young people carry on their mobile phones etc.

I see it as an unhealthy and unethical practice in the part of the media to always want to shield the truth in order to cury favour from those concerned. It is my understanding that representatives of the governor has been going around intimidating and harassing all those exposing and expanding or circulating this statement of his, that shouldn’t be the case. The media in Nigeria has to realise that they have the power to do turn things around in this country, they have perfectly understand the success of good or evil rest in their shoulder, they have to be aware that they have the power to say things that the ordinary Nigerian cannot say.

It is on this same site that one of the writers said that most people here in Nigeria are ass-kissers, it sounded funny but that’s patheticaly the case. They kiss asses no matter how dirty it is, just to go home or to their individual banks smiling and calling it a display of personal wit.

I am suggesting strongly that the National Assembly should not let this fly away this time around, in the name of fighting corruption, they should discharge Gov. Godswill Akpabio of his duty as governor of Akwa-Ibom State. The corrupt governor deserves to be put on hot seat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J5wq8JGpI_4

Source..http://www.opinionnigeria.com/?p=1159

The popular Radio program (Brekete) has been taken off the air.
Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 05, 2013
Our leaders are just bunch of shitholes
Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by dad007(m): 10:25am On Apr 05, 2013
mikolo80: ABI O.BROS UR HEAD DE DIA.DEMOCRACY IS DIFF FROM MERITOCRACY.WHY CANT OUR FELLOW NIGERIANS GET THIS VERY SIMPLE CONCEPT.SENTIMENT WONT SOLVE ANYTHING
It is someone like you makes me think naija have no future.You are a disgrace undecided
Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by kayClt(f): 10:26am On Apr 05, 2013
Ahmed isha needs to be the president of dis country or atleast a leader,tink we will make progress wit him but on the other hand i hope he doesn't meet his sudden death becos of speaking d truth.
Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by Dee60: 10:28am On Apr 05, 2013
Achebe gave a final parting shot after many decades of struggle. In his words 'There was a country'! Our politicians are working hard to fulfil that word...May they not succeed! Akpabio has surprised many people indeed.
Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 05, 2013
kayClt: Ahmed isha needs to be the president of dis country or atleast a leader,tink we will make progress wit him but on the other hand i hope he doesn't meet his sudden death becos of speaking d truth.

He said if he's giving leadership, he won't take..and d day he ventures into politics, God should take his life..(Or something like that undecided) he just wants to be simple and do his own part!! I pray he gets better! And I pray d program continues!
Re: Radio Presenter Daring Akpabio With The Truth. by rozayx5(m): 10:31am On Apr 05, 2013
dad007: It is someone like you makes me think[b] naija have no future[/b] .You are a disgrace undecided

nice comment, i am no supporter of election rigging, but they way some people spit th rasssh here is disgusting.

what have you done as a citizen to give Nigerian a future , for your info Nigeria is not a country it is just a British Marriage since 1914 waiting to be divorced, so if your dreaming of one Nigeria , then you better change your pillow tongue

the reason we are still together as a country is Oil, when it finishes it will be to your tent oh israel, just wait and see shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abati To APC: Be Ready To Pay The Price Of Treason / Bauchi Government To Renovate Government House With ₦6.1 Billion / Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.