Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Service Disruptions With Etisalat - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Service Disruptions With Etisalat (5374 Views)

Anybody Also Having Issues With Etisalat Simple Server / Can I Realy Browse Unlimited With Etisalat BIS On My Pc? / With Etisalat Easyflex I Have Total Freedom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Service Disruptions With Etisalat by akaOpene(m): 2:31am On Apr 05, 2013
So Ashamed Of Etisalat?

Hello Nairalanders,

Is it only me or are there others who witness the regular disruptions in internet connection which etisalat regularly dishes out to its data bundle subscribing customers as they have been doing for a couple of days now?

Is it that this only occurs whenever i subscribe to their data bundle plan or what? I ask because it was on this forum that i heard that etisalat internet connection for laptop users in reliable which made me opt for it.Unfortunately i have always had one unpleasantness or the other whenever i use my hard earned money to buy their data bundle;with the worst being the service disruption currently being experienced in their internet connections.The internet service comes on at intervals of about 20seconds only for it to disconnect.My current location is New Market road, Onitsha.

I have had no network coverage to even call their customer care unit.I even tried to make my inquiry through their supposed email which was posted on their site (care@etisalat.com.ng)but the email is not working.

What have we Nigerians done to be treated in such shabby manners by our leaders and foreign and local businesses?
I call on NCC and the supervising ministry to please save Nigerians from all these frustrations.

Finally can someone please tell me another network whose internet connection is reliable in and around the commercial city of Onitsha so that i can throw away this etisalat high BP inducer which i am currently burdened with. embarassed
Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by Godmother(f): 4:42am On Apr 05, 2013
My dear, they are all like that. Every network provider in Nigeria has one ish or the other. I remember I couldn't browse last month for one full week on my airtel blackberry. Called their customer care several times and they told me everything was fine. I became pissed and switched to MTN and it still gives me the same issues sometimes.

Etisalat is deemed to be the best browsing network in naija. Its just a pity u are getting them on the bad side. Maybe the network coverage where you are isn't too strong.

2 Likes

Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by Yeske2(m): 6:05am On Apr 05, 2013
Don't know but i stay around Oguta road and i use Etisalat too but had never experienced such.

1 Like

Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by kuluTemper: 6:56am On Apr 05, 2013
I use Etisalat for my data needs also, they were fantastic to the extent that I changed my home subscription to Etisalat. The story has changed now with lots of intermittent outages lasting between 25 to 50 seconds and this can be so annoying considering the denial of service you experience at such times.

Am presently in Lagos from Abuja on a business trip and I discovered that the quality of service here in Lagos is so terrible. The outages last longer and are more frequent. It also switches between H+ and 3G like every 5 seconds. This is quite terrible. I have not seen 3G in Abuja on Etisalat before.

Too tired to switch to another provider because I consider Etisalat to be the good one out of all the poor providers as at the point I made the switch to them. I blame NCC for not knowing the importance of their job.
Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 05, 2013
All these network are only focused on Lagos. The NCC is not help matters @all, all they do is fine them millions. Maybe you shloud try Airtel/Visafone
Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by Trut(m): 9:19am On Apr 05, 2013
Bros Opene, Etisalat still remain the BEST internet providers in Naija. I think the recent network outage on Etisalat is because of the MASSIVE ATTACK on the INTERNET which affect network globally. Read http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/27/tech/massive-internet-attack/index.html

Meanwhile, are you from Iyi-Owa Odekpe? Do you relate to Late Ajie?

1 Like

Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by akaOpene(m): 9:23am On Apr 05, 2013
I am grateful for all your contributions and advice.I appreciate you all.
Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by akaOpene(m): 9:28am On Apr 05, 2013
Trut: Bros Opene, Etisalat still remain the BEST internet providers in Naija. I think the recent network outage on Etisalat is because of the MASSIVE ATTACK on the INTERNET which affect network globally. Read http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/27/tech/massive-internet-attack/index.html

Meanwhile, are you from Iyi-Owa Odekpe? Do you relate to Late Ajie?

Nwanne,thank you so much for the enlightenment,it meant a lot to me.How i wish these service providers can keep us informed of occurances that affect us,we would be in a position to understand and sympathize with them when circumstances beyond their control hinder their operation.But i scouted their sites and even tried to email them to no avail,which necessitated my coming to my favorite forum to seek answers.That has been accomplished,all thanks to you.I guess we have to be patient with them for the time being.
I am not from Iyi-owa Odekpe,rather i am from Onitsha.Thank you once again and do have a great day.
Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 05, 2013
As of now where i stay often(oshodi), this is the way it is;
Etisalat
MTN
GLO
Airtel.

Etisalat is still the best, then the rest as i listed them.

1 Like

Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by Vincent41(m): 11:47am On Apr 05, 2013
akaOpene: So Ashamed Of Etisalat?

Hello Nairalanders,

Is it only me or are there others who witness the regular disruptions in internet connection which etisalat regularly dishes out to its data bundle subscribing customers as they have been doing for a couple of days now?

Is it that this only occurs whenever i subscribe to their data bundle plan or what? I ask because it was on this forum that i heard that etisalat internet connection for laptop users in reliable which made me opt for it.Unfortunately i have always had one unpleasantness or the other whenever i use my hard earned money to buy their data bundle;with the worst being the service disruption currently being experienced in their internet connections.The internet service comes on at intervals of about 20seconds only for it to disconnect.My current location is New Market road, Onitsha.

I have had no network coverage to even call their customer care unit.I even tried to make my inquiry through their supposed email which was posted on their site (care@etisalat.com.ng)but the email is not working.

What have we Nigerians done to be treated in such shabby manners by our leaders and foreign and local businesses?
I call on NCC and the supervising ministry to please save Nigerians from all these frustrations.

Finally can someone please tell me another network whose internet connection is reliable in and around the commercial city of Onitsha so that i can throw away this etisalat high BP inducer which i am currently burdened with. embarassed

go Emeka Offor Plaza naaaa....make dem hack am for u
Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by Morgan1092(m): 11:48am On Apr 05, 2013
Lately am noticing minor disruptions wit my etisalat. Am currently in Aba.
Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by otokx(m): 11:49am On Apr 05, 2013
My dear they are all the same, was with etisalat then moved to glo and later mtn, all of them mess up well.
Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by creativemusic: 12:05pm On Apr 05, 2013
Etisalat still the best grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by sureteeboy(m): 12:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
Tunby: Hello nairalanders, this very urgent.I need to print out a document but I only have it in my saved operamini files(OBML format).Pls I need someone that can help me convert it to a pc viewable format.HELP! Pls.Thank you.Here's the file
Download om mod 4.2 launch it and follow this steps. Menu>page>open

locate the folder. After opening the obml file,
follow this steps
menu>page>content>text:page

it will open the text for you in an editable form. Select options>export>save as WIN and it will be saved as .txt on your phone
Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 05, 2013
Wizee: All these network are only focused on Lagos. The NCC is not help matters @all, all they do is fine them millions. Maybe you shloud try Airtel/Visafone
Airtel ko, airtel ni, i was using airtel, nd service was always bad, both with browsin nd callin. Switchd 2 etisalat nd i am doin gud. Etisalat is d best 4 browsing

1 Like

Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
dere is nofin wrong wif etisalat, it is airtel nd mtn dat are d worst
Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by k2kay(m): 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
@op, they are all the same even glo whom i thought was different is crap! can u imagine subscribing for Always Max which costs me 7,500 for 8gb and they keep disconnecting me every time during downloads? can't i download on my own data plan anymore? i mean how bad can it possibly get being frustrated after paying such amount of money
Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by adesharon1: 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2013
Not only you,etisalat lnternet is very bad.is like waisting of money.
Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by adahib: 12:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
@OP you aint the only one affected.i've been suffering same for over a week now.inability to access the net and all.it got to a point that i thought my tablet was faulty.took it to a friend who then told me it was etisalat ish.before now,etisalat was quite okay but they have been worse than crap in the last couple of weeks.i just hope they get their act together because i'm tired of changing network providers.
Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by akyus(m): 1:00pm On Apr 05, 2013
Godmother: My dear, they are all like that. Every network provider in Nigeria has one ish or the other. I remember I couldn't browse last month for one full week on my airtel blackberry. Called their customer care several times and they told me everything was fine. I became pissed and switched to MTN and it still gives me the same issues sometimes.

Etisalat is deemed to be the best browsing network in naija. Its just a pity u are getting them on the bad side. Maybe the network coverage where you are isn't too strong.
I am having same problem in Minna for more than a week now. I don't think it's an area issue.
Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by Akanniade(m): 1:12pm On Apr 05, 2013
Its the same endless rat race. Whenever we hear a certain network is the best for internet, we all rush in. Kind of like when stuck in traffic: we seek all kinds of short cuts, even take one-way.
I think we need more fibre optic links and more service providers.
Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by Alexanda07(m): 1:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
Hmmm, alot of network issues.
Still flexing my MTN BIS unlimited download jare.
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
More than 6GB within 3days and still counting... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by badesco(m): 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2013
It is not only Etisalatm same applicable to Airtel, for weeks airtel has been so bad.
Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 05, 2013
My dear i have been using etisalat modem and data bundle since 2011 and i have never been dissappointed till 2 weeks ago. It was so bad for me as my laptop and phone were both loaded with Etisalat data bundle which describes to you the absolute faith i had on them. I could virtually open nothing on the web for like 10 days running.

I thank God they are back.
Re: Service Disruptions With Etisalat by krisleonard: 2:43pm On Apr 05, 2013
my bro, i reside in Ibadan and for awhile now etisalat modem i so so rely on has been malfuctioning if permitted to use such word,i guess the problem is general,but not witstanding,stay wt etisalat cos they the best amongst the lot.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Prefer Dual Front Camera? / Mtn To Mtn Free Calls / My Tecno Camon CX Can't Do Screenshot Again!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.