Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran (15419 Views)

Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty / Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty / Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 05, 2013
Ebestsms.com:

Who will prove it.

Nigerians are too big to be fooled.

This is not Mali aaah.

Onye ahogbuu ka agbaa.
The only peeps that are fooling Nigerians are those in Government.....

The Op has educated you since this place aint mali.......it is now left to u to see the truth and embrace it or u still wanna continue being fooled by the Government(s)......!!!

As for the Igbo wey u post,I go reply U when i understand am.....(unto Eze promoe @ culture section).........!!!!
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by tarryT(m): 10:27pm On Apr 05, 2013
If Jonathan grant those boko fools amnesty....he will loss my vote and i will transform to a GEJ hater... Let the God's of the land strike all those boko apologists with ataxia.
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 05, 2013
Excellentspirit: U re tlkin as if u don't knw who re these idiots. Am sure u re one of them. Islamic religon frm inception afta ur so-called Muhammed fled to Medina has been a troublesome religion. Whr did d teachin dt whn u kill in d name of islamism u ll go t some place n live wit 7 virgins
If u read the Op very-well u would know that the author aint one of them but against them thus quranic references was provided.......

Where do u see 7virgin....

U may also like to find-out why mohammed(SAW) left Mecca for Medina.......and those he met @ medina......

Read wider bro!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by PENMIGHT(m): 10:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
" Woe unto those who write the Book with their own hands and then say, "This book is from God," to purchase with it a paltry price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for that they earn thereby" -- Q 2 vs 79.

samkoro:
Jesus

Jesus-Is in heaven.

Jesus..tought principles of faithfullness and good marriage.

Jesus--never

Jesus--never did

Jesus- Jehovah never does that.His words never changes

Jesus--promised those who believe in Jehovah haven sent him as a sacrifice to cleanse the sin of Adam that we inherited,and live righteously as christians,shall gain salvation and make heaven

The bible truth is that no one that goes to hell comes out.Mohamed said that only 700000 of his followers will enter paradise.

Jesus. Said God loves everyone. 
(John 3:16)

Jesus. "He who lives by the sword
will die by the sword."
(Matthew 26:52)

Jesus. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
(John 8:7)

Jesus. "Thou shalt not steal."
(Matthew 19:18)

Jesus. "Thou shalt not bear false witness."
(Matthew 19:18)

Jesus. Neither owned nor traded slaves.

Jesus. Beheaded no one.

Jesus. Preached forgiveness.
(Matthew 18:21-22, 5:38)

Jesus. "If someone strikes you on the right
cheek, turn to him the other also."
(Matthew 5:39)

Jesus "Blessed are the peacemakers, for
they will be called Sons of God"
(Matthew 5:9)

Jesus. Was celibate.

Jesus. Did not Be Intimate with children.

Jesus Never harmed a woman. 

Jesus "Blessed are the meek, for
they shall inherit the earth."
(Matthew 5:5)

Jesus Ordered no military campaigns, nor
offered any approval of war or violence. 

Jesus Never took captives.
Never killed anyone.

Jesus Never encouraged Molestation.
Never enslaved women. 

Jesus "The Son of Man came not
to be served, but to serve."
(Matthew 20:28)

Jesus Suffered torture, but never tortured anyone.

Jesus. "Love your enemies and pray
for those who persecute you"
(Matthew 5:44)

Jesus Healed a blind man
(Mark 8:28)

Jesus Washed his disciples feet.
(John 13:5)

Jesus What are the Greatest Commandments?
"Love God and love thy neighbor as thyself."
(Matthew 22:34-40)

Jesus Chastised anyone attempting
to defend him with force.
(John 18:10-12)

Jesus Demanded nothing for himself. 
Died without possessions.

Jesus gave his life for others, Was crucified himself.

Jesus. According to his followers:
Gave his life for others.
(John 18:11 and elsewhere
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
Ola Johnson: Don't be deceived, haven't you noticed that when moslems are targeted two things happen? First, the casualty is always low. secondly, security agencies come to the rescue before it escalates or even diffuse the bomb. They "attack" moslems to make it appear as if their struggle doesn't tilt in support of any particular religion.
Ola Johnson.....

I know u analyse Political issues better but religion issue,it seems sth is wrong......

BH doesn't discriminate, they have promised to deal with whomsoever block there ways be it MUSLIMs,christians,Govt whatever......!!
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by MiloRambaldi(m): 11:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
Fact remains that BH is doing what we are seeing world over - some Muslims being comfortable in killing innocents to further their cause.

And the line "more Muslims have been killed by BH" is quite lame. Must be in all those mosques bombed by BH!

Hope the FG don't buckle to the Northern Elders' blackmail and grant Amnesty. It won't work anyway as these BH fools are not motivated by money.

Great article on why Amnesty should not be granted to these crack heads -http://saharareporters.com/article/we-talk-about-amnesty-if-things-are-ordinary-tunji-abayomi

[b] We Talk About Amnesty As If Things Are Ordinary By Tunji Abayomi

No to amnesty! I say No! If we must die,let us not die like dogs.

And if negotiation for amnesty is warranted then let the leaders of the North, who having abandoned their children to be anything, do the negotiation; let them secure the assurance of peace from their children, let them do what is needful for the North some of them love more than Nigeria. Let them do something new for Nigeria.

No to amnesty! I agree with President Goodluck Jonathan but for a different reason. No! am against Amnesty not because Boko Haram is invisible. To the contrary, Boko Haram is very visible in the bombed U.N House and the international workers that died, it is visible in the thousands of Nigerians already murdered in cold blood, it is visible in the churches that have been burnt with helpless worshipers, it visible in the schools senselessly razed down in defeat of the hopes of our children, it is very visible in the many that are terminally wounded in this one – way unprovoked war declared on us. Boko Haram is very visible in the amputees, it is visible in the young children and the fetus in the womb who are denied the right to life. It is visible in the horrible reputation imposed on our nation. It is visible in the unmitigated pains and trauma of parents. Boko Haram is very visible in the shattered buses and bodies of Kano. It is visible in the jail breaks and the scattered Police Stations and very visible in the many senselessly gunned down people in the North.

No! It is not because Boko Haram is not visible that I am against amnesty. It is for the simple reason that we must not as a people or as a Nation surrender our liberty to mass murderers.

Those who talk of amnesty should tell us what Boko Haram wants so that we can find a subject matter upon which negotiation can be erected. They should tell us what to negotiate with extremists and in-humanists whose principle is to murder innocent citizens in cold blood simply because they belong not to their religion which they disrespectfully misunderstand and misapply. They should tell us what will be the purpose of negotiation with illiterates who find power in guns, who insist we should return by force to the Stone Age. Will amnesty change their awful belief that “to kill is a righteous service to Allah" and shout it on the mountain top. No! to amnesty for Boko Haram! No to amnesty, for what is amnesty in Nigeria at any rate other than another corrupt appeasement of illegality and evil.

I also say no to the nations that find explanation for Boko Haram’s terror in poverty. I ask, is there any part of this nation that knows no poverty? I demand, must we wage war on life to conquer poverty? Those who are genuinely poor don’t manufacture bombs, they don’t carry AK – 47s, they don’t boast of evil on the internet. They don’t cut people’s throats while desecrating the Koran by reading it in support of cold blooded murder. Poor people that I know in the North and all over Nigeria don’t maim the poor. What they do is to work in pursuit of freedom from poverty like the ones that helped my mother to give me an education. Poverty cannot justify the choice of evil, after-all; all men know something about poverty.

As a nation, we need to be responsible,and if we are, instead of Amnesty, what we need to do is to arm ourselves in full defense of our liberty, if only to honor the many wailings from the graves that Boko Haram gave to the many who are guaranteed the right to life by our laws and custom but who were mercilessly wasted by Boko Haram.

Nigeria North, for your interest and our benefit, I say no, no to Amnesty! [/b]
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 05, 2013
tonychristopher: all muslims are not terrorist but all terrorist are muslim

BUT I HAVENT SEEN A MUSLIM EMIR PUBLICLY DISOWNING THESE GUYS AND WHY DO MUSLIMS LOOK FOR TROUBLE... IN EU YOU GET THEM IN CHENYA AND IN SOUTH EAST ASIA YOU GET THEM IN MALAYSIA AND PAKISTAN AND IN MIDDLE EAST THEY FIGHT ISREAL I9N AFRICA OK LOOK AT SUDAN,EGYPT AND NIGERIA

MUST ISLAM FIGHT ALL RELIGION I TEND TO SEE THEM AS VIOLENT PEOPLE
There are extremists in every religion .......there are people who has used the name of God to commit atrocities...... For Jesus said not everyone who call me lord,lord shall enter the kingdom of God........So many people have used the holy name of Jesus to commit atrocities but really, are these fraudsters those that were referred to CHRIST-LIKEN (Christian) in Antioch.......NO,NO,NO!!!

The BH activities has been scripturally condemned by the Holy Book that guides Muslims.......I think that is the most important......

Even if FG pardon BH,Almighty Allah(GOD) shall till exact HIS judgement!!!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
As for other muslim countries u cited, Islam is not only religion but also included political ideology.......so many middle east countries has chosen Islamic laws wholly/partially as part of their own standard of living but u know there will always be a PROBLEM where the IDEOLOGY OF WESTERN COUNTRIES IS NOT EMBRACED.....very soon Nigeria too shall be having probs with western country on same-sex !!!

What is happening in ME is basically political fight.....tis now left to u to distinguish between Religion/Politics struggle.....

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 05, 2013
onyeka205: The punishment of those who run around and spread mischief about Allah and His Messenger is this: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter.” The Quaran does not condone these acts of killing and maiming in the name of Allah.

I think this is the best solution to the manace of boko haram insurgence, but why hasn't the muslim clerics and all those meant to enforce this part of quoran done so all these while?
The Muslim cleric can't ''enforce'' it since Nigeria as a state has her Constitution not Sharia law.....!!!

Enforcement lies with the Government therefore any muslim clerics who enforces anything contrary to constitution of Nigeria is a crime in itself.....!!!
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by samkoro: 11:19pm On Apr 05, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: " Woe unto those who write the Book with their own hands and then say, "This book is from God," to purchase with it a paltry price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for that they earn thereby" -- Q 2 vs 79.

The curses above are the trade mark of those who are deluded with the dark spirit of Islam.A leopard does not shade its spots.Rather that give a sober reflection u are already filled with the spirit of woe,anger,vengeance,hatred,curses and all that koran teaches u and ur bokobrothers.I stand to tell you that those bokoharam brothers of urs know and understands Islam far more than u do.You have eyes but ur evil spirits will not allow u to see.

I gave u clear references in all I wrote.

May Jehovah Almighty God of Abraham deliver u from the evil god of the sons of Ishmeal.

Jehovah blessed Isaac(jews) and Ishmeal(Arabs) while ur god Allah goes behind to tell arabs to kill and hate jews and christian.Is that the Character of a true god.

Answer me .
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by MiloRambaldi(m): 11:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
donroxy: The Muslim cleric can't ''enforce'' it since Nigeria as a state has her Constitution not Sharia law.....!!!

Enforcement lies with the Government therefore any muslim clerics who enforces anything contrary to constitution of Nigeria is a crime in itself.....!!!

But these killings are done mostly done in the 12 states or so with Sharia as law. If the Sharia courts can enforce cutting off body members of thieves and sentence women to be stoned for adultery, why not sentence BH members for killing innocents?
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 05, 2013
MiloRambaldi:

But these killings are done mostly done in the 12 states or so with Sharia as law. If the Sharia courts can enforce cutting off body members of thieves and sentence women to be stoned for adultery, why not sentence BH members for killing innocents?

U know what, thats what the Nigerian Police,Army,Civil Defence..........JTFs is trying to do....Apprehend the insurgents,charge them to court of competence jurisdiction and be sentenced.....

Remember,we do not have Sharia Police but Nigerian Police Force among other Security Agencies which is guided by the Constition of FRN not Sharia......

Lets assume the insurgents were all arrested,they would be charged in court of competent jurisdiction( sharia court or High court)..... Then we may now be talking of how to cut dem hands and legs......!!!
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by samkoro: 11:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: " Woe unto those who write the Book with their own hands and then say, "This book is from God," to purchase with it a paltry price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for that they earn thereby" -- Q 2 vs 79.

Yes paltry sum! But the word therein gives hope and salvation through Christ whose death opened the door of paradise which was closed since the days of Adam.

My brother,defy all psychological obstacles and find out the mistery of Christ and salvation.

Find out about the spirit of Christ(which existed before the world was created) and then Jesus,the man/body that contained that spirit.The reason that man was called Jesus the Christ.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by MiloRambaldi(m): 11:50pm On Apr 05, 2013
donroxy:

U know what, thats what the Nigerian Police,Army,Civil Defence..........JTFs is trying to do....Apprehend the insurgents,charge them to court of competence jurisdiction and be sentenced.....

Remember,we do not have Sharia Police but Nigerian Police Force among othe Security agencies which is guided by the Constition of FRN not Sharia......

Lets assume the insurgents were all arrested,the could be charged in competent court of jurisdiction( sharia court or High court)..... Then we may now be talking of how to cut dem hands and legs......!!!

So are u saying the adulterers and thieves are arrested by the FG Police and handed over to the Sharia courts? Of what use is the Sharia then? And why is the North so against state/communal/ local/Sharia police, which is the simple and logical solution to this insurgency? Seems like tacit collusion with the terrorists.
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by mbahi: 12:05am On Apr 06, 2013
deols:

How many Muslims do you know?

Lying is bad.
story armnesty or not God will judge u all
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by Ken4Christ: 12:08am On Apr 06, 2013
It is true, they are fighting an Islamic course. I have personally met A Moslem in the south who says he is happy with the way they are killing Christians. I had to restrain myself because I was in their midst otherwise such comment can lead to another clash. Besides, I schooled in the North and I know their mentality. The Moslem in the North especially hate Christians with passion that they celebrate their deaths whichever way it comes. I have seen policemen watch some moslem fanatics kill Christians openly in past religious crises. I believe the police barracks they attacked are the ones that refuse to cooperate with them. I strongly believe their are a few police station that might be turning their eyes away from what they are doing as they have done in the past. The Quoran encourages violence and cannot be regarded as a religion of peace. Read a few verses from their Quaran below and give me the interpretation if you do not agree with me.

Let those FIGHT in the cause of Allah Who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who FIGHTeth in the cause of Allah,- whether he is slain or gets victory - Soon shall We give him a reward of great (value).
( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #74)

And why should ye not FIGHT in the cause of Allah and of those who, being weak, are ill-treated (and oppressed)?- Men, women, and children, whose cry is: "Our Lord! Rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from thee one who will protect; and raise for us from thee one who will help!"
( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #75)

FIGHT those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
( سورة التوبة , At-Taubah, Chapter #9, Verse #29)

Truly Allah loves those who FIGHT in His Cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure.
( سورة الصف , As-Saff, Chapter #61, Verse #4)

jihad (holy fighting in Allah's cause) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #216

So, when you meet (in fight - jihad in Allah's Cause) those who disbelieve, smite (their) necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly (on them, i.e. take them as captives). Thereafter (is the time) either for generosity (i.e. free them without ransom), or ransom (according to what benefits Islam), until the war lays down its burden. Thus [you are ordered by Allah to continue in carrying out jihad against the disbelievers till they embrace Islam and are saved from the punishment in the Hell-fire or at least come under your protection], but if it had been Allah's Will, He Himself could certainly have punished them (without you). But (He lets you fight) in order to test some of you with others. But those who are killed in the Way of Allah, He will never let their deeds be lost.
( سورة محمد , Muhammad, Chapter #47, Verse #4)

If all this are contained in their holy book, I wonder how they can be re orientated? They are just practicing what they have learned from their holy book. There are actually over 70 times Allah instructed them to fight for his course. On the contrary, The God of the Bible gave no such instruction. Rather Jesus says "But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Matthew 5:39)

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by bharseeth(m): 12:09am On Apr 06, 2013
Me finks BH is a political propaganda. Same as Sept 11 was. I stil kip wondering hw a plane (made of light metal) cld bring down (straight down) not tilt or collapse sideways, a building made of STEEL. + how cld such happen to a "secured" place like d USA.(Get the video "fahrenheit 9/11") PS. Dnt confuse d lang n dressing for Islam. BH is unislamic. Religion is a thing of the mind. Come to think of it, religion is our major drawback in Nigeria. Sorry to say. We jus fight n argue all d tym. Wasting precious time, energy, our various gifts n abilities. If amnesty wud help, so be it! May God help Nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by MiloRambaldi(m): 12:20am On Apr 06, 2013
bharseeth: Me finks BH is a political propaganda. Same as Sept 11 was. I stil kip wondering hw a plane (made of light metal) cld bring down (straight down) not tilt or collapse sideways, a building made of STEEL. + how cld such happen to a "secured" place like d USA.(Get the video "fahrenheit 9/11"wink PS. Dnt confuse d lang n dressing for Islam. BH is unislamic. Religion is a thing of the mind. Come to think of it, religion is our major drawback in Nigeria. Sorry to say. We jus fight n argue all d tym. Wasting precious time, energy, our various gifts n abilities. If amnesty wud help, so be it! May God help Nigeria.

Fact is Amnesty can't help. What will gov't offer people who want Sharia in all Nigeria? People who will happily kill a non-Muslim for being a non-Muslim. What's the sense behind bombing and shooting at churches except deep seated hatred for non-Muslims? How do you appease such? Waiting for GEJ to perform this Amnesty miracle.

Only thing that may happen is GEJ promising the Northern Elders something substantial like the Presidency then they'll turn against BH and vanquish them. Only fellow Northerners can vanquish BH, but for now they'll allow the killings to continue - after all, as they reason, it rubbishes the current and hated FG.
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 06, 2013
mobi5592: My brother, while i can see your kind hearth and desire for respect for follow man, i however dare you to relate your post to this verses in the Qur'an an see the obvious contradiction in them and why bokoharam is acting in perfect accord with the quran;

you said: I must say that all those who do mischiefin the name of Allah will be punished. Qur’an Chapter 5, verses 33-34 says: ‘Thepunishment of those who run around and spread mischief about Allah and His Messenger is this: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter.” The Quaran does not condone these acts of killing and maiming in the name of Allah. In factno religion does.

what you dont understand is that doing mischief in the above context does not really condemn killing. like in the following verses from the quaran:

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah.

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.

from the above verse, who in his right senses will blame the boko boys for their action? it is only muslims trying to be moderate against the command of their (holy) book that thinks killing an unbeliever is bad.

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Do note that that is Mohammed speaking and not Allah. Now an obligation for every muslim is to pattern its ways in manner to that of the prophet. Now the prophet says he will punish and bring agony to the unbelivers, why
wouldnt other muslims follow suit?

Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"
I beg you sir, can you explain how those verses didn't call muslims to be aggressive attackers against unbelievers? Amidst all of these, what surprises me the most is that they still say we are the religion of peace?

I can go on-and-on, siting numerous of such verses.
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 06, 2013
mobi5592:
Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.

from the above verse, who in his right senses will blame the boko boys for their action? it is only muslims trying to be moderate against the command of their (holy) book that thinks killing an unbeliever is bad.

There is something Islam call Tafsir=Analysis.... Thats is why u can't interprete Quran verse @ their literal meaning without recourse to TAFSIR(Analysis,Explanation,Interpretaion of the Quran)........

Tafsir of 2;216 goes thus :

4:75 And what is wrong with you that you fight not in the Cause of Allah, and for those weak, ill-treated and oppressed among men,women, and children, whose cry is: “Our Lord! Rescue us from this town whose people are oppressors; and raise for us fromYou one who will protect, and raise for us from You one who will help.”
It is most certainly a duty of all human beings to help each other from oppression and injustice. This is what Islam teaches. Commenting on verse 2:216, Abdullah Yusuf Ali writes:
To fight in the cause of Truth is one of the highest forms of charity. What can you offer that is more precious than your own life? But here again the limitations come in. If youare a mere brawler, or a selfish aggressive person, or a vainglorious bully, you deserve the highest censure. (Yusuf Ali, The Holy Qur’an, Text, Translation and Commentary )
Therefore, the fighting ordained by God in the Qur’an is the fighting to establish justice and security in the land, and this is a duty upon all human beings. We will always hope for peace, but we must realize that without justice, freedom, rights and equity, peace willnever be able to survive. Likewise, on verse 2:216, Abdul Majid Daryabadi writes:
War, it has been truly said, is sanctioned by the law of nature ? the constitution of man and the constitution of society ? and is at times a biological and sociological necessity. Islam, the ideal and practical religion has allowed it, but only in cases of sheer necessity. (Daryabadi, The Glorious Qur’an, emphasis added)
Islam has designated war as the last resort and only in cases of sheer necessity, in orderfor us to defend the rights of ourselves and others. Also, the picture becomes even more clear when we take into consideration the historical context of the revelation. Abdullah Yusuf Ali goes on to explain the historical context in his commentary on verse 2:217:
The intolerance and persecution of the Pagan clique at Mecca caused untold hardships to the holy Messenger of Islam and his early disciples. They bore all with meekness and long-suffering patience until the holy one permitted them to take up arms in self-defence? (Yusuf Ali, The Holy Qur’an, Text, Translation and Commentary )

In light of the above quote, it becomes apparent that fighting has been especially ordained in conditions of severe persecution and hardship. Consequently, the Muslims are required to defend themselves from oppression and establish justice. To abstain from helping those under oppression is cowardice. Abdul Majid Daryabadi also explains the historical context of the verse:
Persecuted, harassed, afflicted, poverty-ridden, exiled, and small in number as the Muslims were at the time of the enactment of warfare, it was but natural that they were none too fond of crossing swords with the mighty forces that had conspired for their extirpation. Nothing short of express and emphatic Divine Command could urge them on to the field of battle [in order to defend their rights].

My Dear Mobi,

How has BH justified the above.....since Muslims which they may claimed they were protecting have also been maimed......

Are muslims being persecuted,inflicted with hardship,terrorised,discriminated among other odds.......so, what justified BH under 2;216........u tell me ?

Ur number 2 is coming......
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by a4hafoe(m): 5:42am On Apr 06, 2013
MiloRambaldi:

Fact is Amnesty can't help. What will gov't offer people who want Sharia in all Nigeria? People who will happily kill a non-Muslim for being a non-Muslim. What's the sense behind bombing and shooting at churches except deep seated hatred for non-Muslims? How do you appease such? Waiting for GEJ to perform this Amnesty miracle.

Only thing that may happen is GEJ promising the Northern Elders something substantial like the Presidency then they'll turn against BH and vanquish them. Only fellow Northerners can vanquish BH, but for now they'll allow the killings to continue - after all, as they reason, it rubbishes the current and hated FG.
shay u c nw,u say mak e promise dm presidency and later u wud say dm dy fight 4 muslim cause...nawao
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by a4hafoe(m): 5:52am On Apr 06, 2013
donroxy: There is something Islam call Tafsir=Analysis.... Thats is why u can't interprete Quran verse @ their literal meaning without recourse to TAFSIR(Analysis,Explanation,Interpretaion of the Quran)........

Tafsir of 2;216 goes thus :

4:75 And what is wrong with you that you fight not in the Cause of Allah, and for those weak, ill-treated and oppressed among men,women, and children, whose cry is: “Our Lord! Rescue us from this town whose people are oppressors; and raise for us fromYou one who will protect, and raise for us from You one who will help.”
It is most certainly a duty of all human beings to help each other from oppression and injustice. This is what Islam teaches. Commenting on verse 2:216, Abdullah Yusuf Ali writes:
To fight in the cause of Truth is one of the highest forms of charity. What can you offer that is more precious than your own life? But here again the limitations come in. If youare a mere brawler, or a selfish aggressive person, or a vainglorious bully, you deserve the highest censure. (Yusuf Ali, The Holy Qur’an, Text, Translation and Commentary )
Therefore, the fighting ordained by God in the Qur’an is the fighting to establish justice and security in the land, and this is a duty upon all human beings. We will always hope for peace, but we must realize that without justice, freedom, rights and equity, peace willnever be able to survive. Likewise, on verse 2:216, Abdul Majid Daryabadi writes:
War, it has been truly said, is sanctioned by the law of nature ? the constitution of man and the constitution of society ? and is at times a biological and sociological necessity. Islam, the ideal and practical religion has allowed it, but only in cases of sheer necessity. (Daryabadi, The Glorious Qur’an, emphasis added)
Islam has designated war as the last resort and only in cases of sheer necessity, in orderfor us to defend the rights of ourselves and others. Also, the picture becomes even more clear when we take into consideration the historical context of the revelation. Abdullah Yusuf Ali goes on to explain the historical context in his commentary on verse 2:217:
The intolerance and persecution of the Pagan clique at Mecca caused untold hardships to the holy Messenger of Islam and his early disciples. They bore all with meekness and long-suffering patience until the holy one permitted them to take up arms in self-defence? (Yusuf Ali, The Holy Qur’an, Text, Translation and Commentary )

In light of the above quote, it becomes apparent that fighting has been especially ordained in conditions of severe persecution and hardship. Consequently, the Muslims are required to defend themselves from oppression and establish justice. To abstain from helping those under oppression is cowardice. Abdul Majid Daryabadi also explains the historical context of the verse:
Persecuted, harassed, afflicted, poverty-ridden, exiled, and small in number as the Muslims were at the time of the enactment of warfare, it was but natural that they were none too fond of crossing swords with the mighty forces that had conspired for their extirpation. Nothing short of express and emphatic Divine Command could urge them on to the field of battle [in order to defend their rights].

My Dear Mobi,

How has BH justified the above.....since Muslims which they may claimed they were protecting have also been maimed......

Are muslims being persecuted,inflicted with hardship,terrorised,discriminated among other odds.......so, what justified BH under 2;216........u tell me ?

Ur number 2 is coming......
yea bro,dy dn unda stand d Quran becoz dy knw not abt tafsir,and again dy dnt knw wot jihad truly means,inspite explaining to a friend of mine abt wot d tru jihad is,d guy stil tink i am tryin to defend islam,wheras i am explaining islam doctrines to him...ALLAH IS GREAT.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by Ashmark(m): 8:46am On Apr 06, 2013
Maybe you don't know or you've not come across it that the Quran 8 v 39 say's....Kill non-muslim men,women and children until there are no more non-muslim.How on earth will this kind of a thing be in the claimed holy book.There're lot of it....Well,BH's are not fightin for Islam but they muslim.They can read quran,speak arabic and am sure that they also obey the five pillars of been a muslim.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by MiloRambaldi(m): 9:55am On Apr 06, 2013
a4.hafoe:
shay u c nw,u say mak e promise dm presidency and later u wud say dm dy fight 4 muslim cause...nawao

My point is that Northern Elders like Buhari, Emirs with influence can use such influence to galvanize the people to vanquish the religious crack head BH, if they truly care about the North. The Elders have refused to do so for their own selfish political gains, instead preferring to whine over GEJ daily.
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by MiloRambaldi(m): 10:10am On Apr 06, 2013
a4.hafoe:
yea bro,dy dn unda stand d Quran becoz dy knw not abt tafsir,and again dy dnt knw wot jihad truly means,inspite explaining to a friend of mine abt wot d tru jihad is,d guy stil tink i am tryin to defend islam,wheras i am explaining islam doctrines to him...ALLAH IS GREAT.

Fact is that there's something that makes some Muslims to fight and kill others, especially non-Muslims for purely religious reasons. It's not just a Nigerian thing. Muslims fight Buddhists in Myanmar, Jews in the Middle East, Christians in Egypt, Nigeria, etc. It's why churches get burnt and people killed in Nigeria over some cartoon or movie in another continent.

You Muslims should stop burying your head under the sand and honestly look at why this happens. Those same verses you are interpreting have been expressly quoted by terrorists as the basis for their violent attacks. Put your house in order.

Non-Muslims view Islam based on what they see- by their fruits U shall know them- and what they see is not peace, far from it. It's not non-Muslims that need convincing that 'Islam is peace' but the Muslims terrorists, which according to you, are the ones misunderstanding Islam. Go teach them.
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 06, 2013
Sometimes i do wonder if Muslims have senses of judgment. The quran is a book of one man's stories claimed to have gotten from Allah . You believe in other prophets yet no other prophet's book in the quran. Someone told me on the day of judgment that Allah will use only Arabic undecided. My God understands all languages and no one knows the language he would be judged with. All in all, boko haram is founded based on core Islamic principles.
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 06, 2013
MiloRambaldi:

So are u saying the adulterers and thieves are arrested by the FG Police and handed over to the Sharia courts? Of what use is the Sharia then? And why is the North so against state/communal/ local/Sharia police, which is the simple and logical solution to this insurgency? Seems like tacit collusion with the terrorists.
what u posted above have to deal with the Northerners and Govt of Nigeria........NOT Islam....!!!

So many people have defrauded others in the name of God........others kill in the name of God....

HumanBeings keep finding loopholes and if there is non they would create one to suit their own mission and vison or ambition!!!

Quran 2 vs 8-20 goeth thus;

8. Of the people there are some who say: "Webelieve in Allah and the Last Day;" but they do not (really) believe.

9. Fain would they deceive Allah and those who believe, but they only deceive themselves, and realise (it) not!

10. In their hearts is a disease; and Allah has increased their disease: And grievous is the penalty they (incur), because they are false (to themselves).

11. When it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth," they say: "Why, we only Want to make peace!"

12. Of a surety, they are the ones who make mischief, but they realise (it) not.

13. When it is said to them: "Believe as the others believe:" They say: "Shall we believe as the fools believe?" Nay, of a surety they are the fools, but they do not know.

14. When they meet those who believe, they say: "We believe;" but when they are alone with their evil ones, they say: "We are really with you: We (were) only jesting."

15. Allah will throw back their mockery on them, and give them rope in their trespasses; so they will wander like blind ones (To and fro).

16. These are they who have bartered Guidance for error: But their traffic is profitless, and they have lost true direction,

17. Their similitude is that of a man who kindled a fire; when it lighted all around him, Allah took away their light and left them in utter darkness. So they could not see.

18. Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return(to the path).

19. Or (another similitude) is that of a rain-laden cloud from the sky: In it are zones of darkness, and thunder and lightning: They press their fingers in their ears to keep out the stunning thunder-clap, the while they are in terror of death. But Allah is ever round the rejecters of Faith!

20. The lightning all but snatches away their sight; every time the light (Helps) them, they walk therein, and when the darkness grows on them, they stand still. And if Allah willed, Hecould take away their faculty of hearing and seeing; for Allah hath power over all things

May God Guide us all!!!
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by JaaizTech: 3:17pm On Apr 06, 2013
donroxy: There are extremists in every religion .......there are people who has used the name of God to commit atrocities...... For Jesus said not everyone who call me lord,lord shall enter the kingdom of God........So many people have used the holy name of Jesus to commit atrocities but really, are these fraudsters those that were referred to CHRIST-LIKEN (Christian) in Antioch.......NO,NO,NO!!!

The BH activities has been scripturally condemned by the Holy Book that guides Muslims.......I think that is the most important......

Even if FG pardon BH,Almighty Allah(GOD) shall till exact HIS judgement!!!
As for other muslim countries u cited, Islam is not only religion but also included political ideology.......so many middle east countries has chosen Islamic laws wholly/partially as part of their own standard of living but u know there will always be a PROBLEM where the IDEOLOGY OF WESTERN COUNTRIES IS NOT EMBRACED.....very soon Nigeria too shall be having probs with western country on same-sex !!!

What is happening in ME is basically political fight.....tis now left to u to distinguish between Religion/Politics struggle.....

It is quite unfortunate that Islam continues to be painted in bad light. the press have continued to script the headlines in such a manner as to slander Islam. People often talk about what is happening in Mali like a terrorist invasion. I think that is rather unfair; firstly majority of Malians are Muslims; and some Malian tribes are Arab-like (Touaregs) and they are seeking for independence, in their manifesto they want their constitution to guided by the Shariah law. How has this made them terrorist or out rightly bad people. It is understandable that most country want to remain united and hence would fight to remain united, but never is quest to break away looked at as evil.

I read an headline on ChannelsTV about fighting involving Burmese Muslims, the headline deliberately intended to place Muslims in conflict stories, it never mentioned the inhumane treatment internationally acknowledged that is being meted out to Burmese Muslims, they re treated as second-class citizens in their own country; they have next to no right; and when this people revolt; the news will read "Islamic Insurgency...."

The fact that Iraq and Saddam Hussein, never possessed any weapons of Mass destruction but Iraq was invaded on the whims and caprices of George Bush remains under-reported in the media; hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have died today because of this invasion and yet the media keeps painting Iraq as a terrorist nation.

What an unfair world we live in, a world where Israel is forced on Palestines and the middle-east; and when they resist you call them terrorist; Israel has nuclear weapons so as to keep threatening their neighbors and yet it is a sacrilege for Iran to possess Nuclear weapon.

I have no intention of denying the existence of extremist-Muslim groups mostly fighting for political reasons rather than religious reasons like the press would want us to believe. There is a lot of fighting and killings going on in Iraq between Sunni and Shia Muslims; it isn't anyway religious but tribal and political; but the Press prefers to taint it with religion; the same situation we have in Syria, Egypt and a number of Arab nations.

There is obviously more to Boko-Haram than meets the ordinary eye, some day God will expose the main characters behind it. It is quite naive to think some Northern elders are scheming to be blowing up their own people everyday. I wondered how the northern ruling class is benefiting from the Boko-Haram scourge

It may appear like Muslims are causing trouble everywhere!!; I tell you; that is because the press wants you to perceive it that way

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by Ken4Christ: 3:37pm On Apr 06, 2013
donroxy, and all those try to defend Quoran please answer these questions.

1.Do you think the Allah of your Quoran and The God of The Christians are the same God? If they are the same, why do they give contrary instructions?
2. If they are not the same, are there two supreme God in the universe? If there are no two supreme God, then one of the Gods must be a false God. You judge for yourself only after examining the attributes of both in the two books.
3. If the Allah of your Quoran is the true supreme God and Mohammed his holy prophet, why will he chose to reveal himself through the writing of only one man who claimed God sent him. In the court of law, do they accept the witness of one person to judge a case?
4. The said man Mohammed wrote in the Quoran that your Allah shall make those who follow Jesus to be superior, what do make of this? Behold! Allah said: "O jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #55)

5. Even your leader said he was not sure of what will become of him nor all those that follow him. Does it mean, all Muslims have no sure destiny? If you want to persuade me to be one, what is the incentive? Is it uncertain destiny?
Say: "I am no bringer of new-fangled doctrine among the messengers, nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I follow but that which is revealed to me by inspiration; I am but a Warner open and clear."46 verse 9

I strongly persuade you to convert to Christianity and all those trying to destroy this country including the Boko Haran with the following reasons
1. Jesus was the only man who lived without any record of sin. He is therefore the only person that can save mankind from sin and reconcile them back to God.
2. Jesus was sure of his destiny and he promise all his followers he is coming back to take them home. "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:1-6)
3. Jesus was the only person who died for the sin of the world and rose again from the dead to prove his divinity. It is wise to follow the one that has conquered death not the one that could not come back from the realm of death.
4. The same Jesus says God has giving him the power to judge the world. So no one will escape Jesus. If you do not receive him as your Saviour, you will meet him as your judge. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: (John 5:22)
5. No one till date has been able to dispute the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. Simply denying it does not make sense. You have to prove it.
6. The character of his followers ever since this crises began shows we have a godly spirit. I do not think that two mosque will go down before this country is turned into war. Judge who has more godly character.
7. The Bible is the only book that gives a comprehensive account of the creation of the world. If your Quoran was the only book given by God, the whole world would have been in the dark. God cannot have two constitutions. No nation has two constitutions. The Bible is still the most reliable because your Quoran even makes reference to some of the books - the book of Moses and the gospel.
It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong).
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #3)

We need peace in this country. Education has enabled us to read and find out the truth for ourselves. If the quotes from Quaran has turned some fanatics into murderers and you say they are misinterpreting the Quoran, I suggest you Muslims should sit down and tell Allah to produce a revised edition that is free from ambiguity. Too many lives have been lost. We cannot afford to continue this way. I escaped several deaths while schooling as a student in the North. The killings did not start today.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 06, 2013
Ken4Christ: donroxy, and all those try to defend Quoran please answer these questions.

1.Do you think the Allah of your Quoran and The God of The Christians are the same God? If they are the same, why do they give contrary instructions?
2. If they are not the same, are there two supreme God in the universe? If there are no two supreme God, then one of the Gods must be a false God. You judge for yourself only after examining the attributes of both in the two books.
3. If the Allah of your Quoran is the true supreme God and Mohammed his holy prophet, why will he chose to reveal himself through the writing of only one man who claimed God sent him. In the court of law, do they accept the witness of one person to judge a case?
4. The said man Mohammed wrote in the Quoran that your Allah shall make those who follow Jesus to be superior, what do make of this? Behold! Allah said: "O jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #55)

5. Even your leader said he was not sure of what will become of him nor all those that follow him. Does it mean, all Muslims have no sure destiny? If you want to persuade me to be one, what is the incentive? Is it uncertain destiny?
Say: "I am no bringer of new-fangled doctrine among the messengers, nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I follow but that which is revealed to me by inspiration; I am but a Warner open and clear."46 verse 9

I strongly persuade you to convert to Christianity and all those trying to destroy this country including the Boko Haran with the following reasons
1. Jesus was the only man who lived without any record of sin. He is therefore the only person that can save mankind from sin and reconcile them back to God.
2. Jesus was sure of his destiny and he promise all his followers he is coming back to take them home. "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:1-6)
3. Jesus was the only person who died for the sin of the world and rose again from the dead to prove his divinity. It is wise to follow the one that has conquered death not the one that could not come back from the realm of death.
4. The same Jesus says God has giving him the power to judge the world. So no one will escape Jesus. If you do not receive him as your Saviour, you will meet him as your judge. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: (John 5:22)
5. No one till date has been able to dispute the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. Simply denying it does not make sense. You have to prove it.
6. The character of his followers ever since this crises began shows we have a godly spirit. I do not think that two mosque will go down before this country is turned into war. Judge who has more godly character.
7. The Bible is the only book that gives a comprehensive account of the creation of the world. If your Quoran was the only book given by God, the whole world would have been in the dark. God cannot have two constitutions. No nation has two constitutions. The Bible is still the most reliable because your Quoran even makes reference to some of the books - the book of Moses and the gospel.
It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong).
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #3)

We need peace in this country. Education has enabled us to read and find out the truth for ourselves. If the quotes from Quaran has turned some fanatics into murderers and you say they are misinterpreting the Quoran, I suggest you Muslims should sit down and tell Allah to produce a revised edition that is free from ambiguity. Too many lives have been lost. We cannot afford to continue this way. I escaped several deaths while schooling as a student in the North. The killings did not start today.

QED! It's finished!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by XavierSmiley: 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2013
baynix:

Bro.. C'mon Stop Being Bias! They Are Nt Fightin For Muslims In The North!! They Are Against The Will Of Allah!!

Like OP Said, If Amnesty Is The Only Solution That 'ld Bring Peace.. Then We Shld Welcome It!

Am Actually Against The Amnesty.. Buh No Choice For Our Clueless President!

¶'m a Christian...but sincerely-speaking ¶ have nothing against Islam and muslims cos ¶ have a lot of them close τ̲̅ȍ ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ even in my extended family (especially the learned and exposed ones). But one thing...as beautiful as the OP paints Islam, the Islam practised in d South West is far different from d Islam in the North especially in the core North...and when ¶ refer τ̲̅ȍ the North/Northerners, ¶ don't refer τ̲̅ȍ the educated and exposed ones, but τ̲̅ȍ the "un-learned" mallams, the almajiris, the "abokis" (¶ don't mean τ̲̅ȍ βε̲̣̣̣̥ sarcastic, just being specific)... These ones, as a result of their illiteracy and lack of exposure, live as animals, they don't value human life at all. ¶ served in the North and saw how meaningless life is τ̲̅ȍ them...so meaningless that many Muslim corpers in my time had τ̲̅ȍ stop attending their mosques (during the 2011 elections)... Why? Cos they noticed that the typical, illiterate Muslim Northerner is VERY tribalistic... Little wonder y you find Fulani "Muslims" killing their fellow Muslim Brother cos he's Hausa...life τ̲̅ȍ them is meaningless.. Religion, τ̲̅ȍ them is "an eye for an eye".. № peace! They don't even own/read Qu'rans... They are like Zombies believing whatsoever is being taught...hook line and sinker.... Its only the educated ones amongst them and the ones who have lived among "human beings" that do more researches, read Good Islamic books and all... Islam in the North is based on Sharia Laws... When in the North, while we were running for our lives during an upheaval, a little girl in Hijab shouted "come and burn them, corper! We go burn you!!" ¶ was so shocked cos firstly, she's a "girl" (ought τ̲̅ȍ βε̲̣̣̣̥ soft-hearted), secondly, she was less than 15yrs of age (yet she had this mean heart), thirdly, she was on HIJAB!!!! That was the peak for ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥, cos the Hijab depicts her commitment. ¶ don't hate Muslims but the truth is if these bombings have been the other way round, Christians bombing Muslims, ¶ can outrightly say that ¶ KNOW MUSLIMS WON'T HAVE BEEN PATIENT FOR THIS LONG!!! And they sure wouldn't βε̲̣̣̣̥ talking amnesty at all!
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 06, 2013
JaaizTech:

It is quite unfortunate that Islam continues to be painted in bad light. the press have continued to script the headlines in such a manner as to slander Islam. People often talk about what is happening in Mali like a terrorist invasion. I think that is rather unfair; firstly majority of Malians are Muslims; and some Malian tribes are Arab-like (Touaregs) and they are seeking for independence, in their manifesto they want their constitution to guided by the Shariah law. How has this made them terrorist or out rightly bad people. It is understandable that most country want to remain united and hence would fight to remain united, but never is quest to break away looked at as evil.

I read an headline on ChannelsTV about fighting involving Burmese Muslims, the headline deliberately intended to place Muslims in conflict stories, it never mentioned the inhumane treatment internationally acknowledged that is being meted out to Burmese Muslims, they re treated as second-class citizens in their own country; they have next to no right; and when this people revolt; the news will read "Islamic Insurgency...."

The fact that Iraq and Saddam Hussein, never possessed any weapons of Mass destruction but Iraq was invaded on the whims and caprices of George Bush remains under-reported in the media; hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have died today because of this invasion and yet the media keeps painting Iraq as a terrorist nation.

What an unfair world we live in, a world where Israel is forced on Palestines and the middle-east; and when they resist you call them terrorist; Israel has nuclear weapons so as to keep threatening their neighbors and yet it is a sacrilege for Iran to possess Nuclear weapon.

I have no intention of denying the existence of extremist-Muslim groups mostly fighting for political reasons rather than religious reasons like the press would want us to believe. There is a lot of fighting and killings going on in Iraq between Sunni and Shia Muslims; it isn't anyway religious but tribal and political; but the Press prefers to taint it with religion; the same situation we have in Syria, Egypt and a number of Arab nations.

There is obviously more to Boko-Haram than meets the ordinary eye, some day God will expose the main characters behind it. It is quite naive to think some Northern elders are scheming to be blowing up their own people everyday. I wondered how the northern ruling class is benefiting from the Boko-Haram scourge

It may appear like Muslims are causing trouble everywhere!!; I tell you; that is because the press wants you to perceive it that way
My brother,thats the problem all over....

Islamic Political Ideology Vs Western Capitalists ........ !!!!

Had it been these ME countries do not have OIL in their soil,there wouldn't have been any problem whatsoever!!!
Re: Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 06, 2013
Aliyu333: 'ISLAM'-REALLY A RELIGION OF PEACE.YOU GUYS KEEP SAYING ABOUT THE BLOODY VERSES IN THE QUR'AN,HOW ABOUT THIS:

1SAMUEL 15:3=NOW GO ATTACK THE AMALEKITES AND TOTALLY DESTROY EVERYTHING THAT BELONGS TO THEM.DO NOT SPARE THEM;PUT TO DEATH MEN AND WOMEN,CHILDREN AND INFANTS,CATTLE AND SHEEP,CAMELS AND DONKEY.

MATHEW 10:34:JESUS SAID: DO NOT THINK THAT I HAVE COME TO BRING PEACE TO THE EARTH.I HAVE NOT COME TO BRING PEACE BUT A SWORD.

LUKE 19:21:BUT AS FOR THESE ENEMIES OF MINE,WHO DID NOT WANT ME TO REIGN OVER THEM,BRING THEM HERE AND SLAUGHTER THEM BEFORE ME..

SO IS JOSHUAL 8:24-27,DEUTERONOMY 20:10-17 E.T.C
DID YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND THIS OR ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE HOLY SPIRIT TO MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND-POINTING AT OTHERS WHEN YOUR HANDS AINT CLEAN.

Just to let u know that the bible has two parts which are the old and new testaments. All the scriptures u have quoted are from the old testament and I want to tell u that Christianity is centered around Jesus Christ and His teachings of love. The old testament is Judaism and is just there for the records, Christians do not live by those Jewish laws but by the grace that comes with believing in Jesus Christ. The Luke 19 u quoted was just a parable Jesus used and the Mathew 10 you quoted obviously u do not understand. Jesus was talking about the sword of God's judgment on sinners which God himself will carry out on the great judgment day. There is no verse in the new testament that asks Christians to kill unbelievers unlike the koran which is full of hate and bitterness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Justice Ignatius Agube To PDP: Stop Washing Your Dirty Linen In Public / I'm First To Live Up To 70 Years In My Family- Atiku / Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.