Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,560 members, 7,770,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:45 AM

Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano (15396 Views)

I Decided To Test-Run The INEC's Election-Results Viewing Portal Already / Why Tinubu Decided To Clip Aregbesola’s Wings - The Cable / Gov Obiano Hosts Victorious Anambra Schoolgirls. See How Much They Got Each. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by Nwaedeinya(m): 6:25am On Jul 08, 2019
Willie Obiano of Anambra on Sunday evening arrived in the United States on a business visit to the City of Orange in New Jersey.

The governor landed at the Newark Liberty International Airport in company with some party and government officials.

With him were the National Chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), his party, Mr. Victor Oye, and the state Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Anali Chude.

Others include the Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Mr Uche Okafor, and the Managing Director, Anambra State Investment Promotion and Protection Agency (ANSIPPA), Mr Jide Ikeako.

The visitors were received by officials of the City of Orange, led by Mr Callistus Onyike, an indigene of Anambra and Chairman, Board of Commissioners of the city’s Diaspora Commission.

Obiano is expected to meet with the Mayor of Orange, Mr Ted Green, on Monday to sign a couple of business agreements.

Speaking to newsmen, the governor gave more insights into the purpose of his visit, including exploring areas of “mutual assistance”.

“We are here to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the Mayor of the City of Orange in New Jersey who gladly invited me over for this ceremony.

“Among the things, we will be discussing tomorrow are mutual assistance in the areas of education, health, infrastructure, power in various forms, and firefighting.

“Anambra state is growing and we are getting high-rise buildings springing up here and there; we need to develop the capacity to fight fire of that sort.”

The governor added that he would use the opportunity to meet with members of the Anambra community in New Jersey and update them on happenings back home.

“This is an opportunity to update them on what we are doing real time, what we have done in the last five years, and what we want to do in the remaining three years.

“I will preach to them on the need to bring their wealth and investments back home.

“Wealth is not all about money, it includes your contacts, knowledge, experience, and skills,” he said.

Onyike, who facilitated the visit, said the essence was to build a “mutually beneficial” relationship between the City of Orange and Anambra.

He said the Mayor had agreed to visit Anambra with a group of investors sometime in November.

Also with the governor were his wife, Ebelechukwu; who joined him from Iowa; his Chief of Staff, Mr Primus Odili, and his Chief Press Secretary, Mr James Eze.

SOURCE:https://gistsala.com/decided-visit-new-jersey-gov-obiano/

5 Likes

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 08, 2019
This is simply Jamboree

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by helinues: 6:52am On Jul 08, 2019
Nice one

Simply business trip
Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by Jestin: 6:58am On Jul 08, 2019
The Igbo’s are always business oriented people and i love them for that

6 Likes

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by Oshokomole36(m): 6:58am On Jul 08, 2019
Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 08, 2019
Obiano wife and kid live in America and he has a house there also. That is the real reason for his visit-he doesn't need to lie.
https://www.nairaland.com/5129252/willie-obiano-wife-ebelechukwu-chilling

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:59am On Jul 08, 2019
Orisirisi something.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by Ijaya123: 7:00am On Jul 08, 2019
“Anambra state is growing and we are getting high-rise buildings springing up here and there; we need to develop the capacity to fight fire of that sort.”

A sitting governor is not even ashamed to say this is what made him travel to USA? What is it with Nigeria and bad leadership? Something must be wrong with the followers as well.

Exercise in futility and a wasteful jamboree.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by 12345baba(m): 7:01am On Jul 08, 2019
Baba MOU

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by Wantedmiller: 7:03am On Jul 08, 2019
At the end I didn't see why he visited New Jersey........ don't tell me for investment oooo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by rusher14: 7:03am On Jul 08, 2019
To extend the ugwu revolution.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by anyimontana(m): 7:04am On Jul 08, 2019
post=80049167:
okay
I must comment...how was suya sales dis weekend btw?..hope rain no spoil show for Benue..

Sure say u don queue up for slaughter dis early morning

14 Likes

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by Megatrix: 7:05am On Jul 08, 2019
Willie the drunkard

9 Likes

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by sparog(m): 7:06am On Jul 08, 2019
He has gone to waste public funds again

grin

7 Likes

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by tsinzu: 7:06am On Jul 08, 2019
Megatrix:
Willie the drunkard
Lolz, I hear say na osodieme dey run the government now while Willie just be like puppet because dem don padlock Willie spirit for ogbunike cave dey use remote control am like zombie grin

17 Likes

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by NOC1(m): 7:07am On Jul 08, 2019
Orange city with Mr Green as it's mayor, what a colour combo.
Obiano go and come bk with the best of their wine. investment ko investment ni

1 Like

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 08, 2019
The drinking governor

9 Likes

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by elgramz: 7:11am On Jul 08, 2019
Shayo master

4 Likes

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by Inteltower: 7:12am On Jul 08, 2019
many fools above like dark clouds that enjoy mocking & being pessimistic about everything.

1 Like

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by donbachi(m): 7:13am On Jul 08, 2019
Juliusmalema:
This is simply Jamboree
go south africa and talk..dis is nairaland and not randland.or are u seeking social media assylum on nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by Benekruku(m): 7:15am On Jul 08, 2019
To enjoy of course!

Obiano is a modern day scam

Chai, The guy is so calculated with his scams

Ugu exportation=0
Rice=0
Airport=0

All the MOU he has signed since inception is over 600. Damn! Dude can sign MOU wit the dead. He just loves signing.

The monumental scam he did was the counterfeit suspension bridge he built in Awka

In a sane country, the architects who drafted that bridge should be killed

10 Likes

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by Vinstel: 7:15am On Jul 08, 2019
Willie is drinking

6 Likes

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 08, 2019
donbachi:
go south africa and talk..dis is nairaland and not randland.or are u seeking social media assylum on nairaland?

Next, sounds stale.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by majamajic(m): 7:15am On Jul 08, 2019
Juliusmalema:
This is simply Jamboree
blind man
Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by 1000angstroms(m): 7:19am On Jul 08, 2019
Finding excuse to squander more money

2 Likes

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by Chrisbeks: 7:19am On Jul 08, 2019
tsinzu:

Lolz, I hear say na osodieme dey run the government now while Willie just be like puppet because dem don padlock Willie spirit for ogbunike cave dey use remote control am like zombie grin
Nairaland eeeeeeeeeh!! Una no go kill person grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by Kendumazy(m): 7:20am On Jul 08, 2019
OK
Re: Why I Decided To Visit New Jersey – Gov Obiano by amazon14: 7:22am On Jul 08, 2019
Proudly Anambra

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Are Nigeria’s Most Engaging Politicians On Social Media? / Governors Back CBN’s Cash Withdrawal Limit – Masari / Obasanjo Is Backing Peter Obi For President – Akin Osuntokun (Video, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.