Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,012 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS (14032 Views)

Asset Declaration: Buhari Can No Longer Pretend To Be Poor – Balarabe Musa / Why Minorities World Over Are And Will Remain Poor. ….by Ena Ofugara / Shan George Blasts Buhari For Claiming To Be Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by RedLight1: 2:35pm On Apr 05, 2013
omenka:

Stop fooling yourself. I don't need to carry out a survey! And yes, I see pple die because of poverty.

I see people's parents (pensioneers) colapse on queues in banks jst to receive peanuts
to collect peanut? grin last time i check the least money they pay pensioner is above 10000naira so do u want government to be taking their money to their doorstep if when we are not that advanced to that level

. I see five year olds who ought to be in skool hawking on the streets jst to supplement family's income so they don't starve. does that mean the family cant cater for that child or eat food? do u even know the meaning of poverty? having money to hawk something means u still have a life ...go to niger, somalia etc and see real definition of poverty

I see a almajeris, thousands of them, living off of people's magnanimity. I don't see pipe bourne water running in rural areas and majority of urban centres. I see graduates roaming the streets day in day out unemployed. I don't see politicians building factories in our country with our stollen monies, but rather stash them away in western countries with alrdy developed economies. I don't get electricity up to 8hrs daily!!!!

Please, they should tell us another story. This one is damn too stale.
i think ur real problem is with the definition of poverty ...u mixing poverty with basic needs ...do ur self a favor ...get a dictionary and look for the meaning of poverty or use google and look for the picture of real poor people
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by fkaz(m): 2:50pm On Apr 05, 2013
Red-Light:
can u proof its barefaced lie? did u carry out any survey urself? do u have people that die always in ur neighborhood as a result of poverty?

You be fool o, my neighbour for dey germine now if know be poverty, just the way patience jonathan they relax for dia. You know how many people they die for hospital every day due to poverty
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by ayodeji752: 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
Lol.who is dat comedian?

1 Like

Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 05, 2013
MacLovington: .

In your swanky palace flanked by the other 39 laptop lapdogs, where are going to see poor people?

Maybe you should visit Okomaiko and Ajegunle area.

That's true. I do not even know most parts of Lagos.
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by sgsltd(m): 3:01pm On Apr 05, 2013
the only poor people in Nigeria are beggers ,but beggers in nigeria dey borrow people money
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by jowizee(m): 3:09pm On Apr 05, 2013
orlaryhincah2: Nigeria shaaaaa.

exactly the same reason messi refused to score against Nigeria.....
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by TTOPSON(m): 3:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
I want to believe dat definition of each term i.e. Rich & poor is necessary b'cos d statistics of 54.2% of poor pple is wrong to me.....a case like dat happens wen i was with my colleague & they were argueing dat most stripers end up marrying gud man....and d question was who is a gud man?
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by KnowAll(m): 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2013
Nigerians will be rich when the Governors begin to spend 90% of the money they get in the right place. Nigeria will be mega rich if the FG does the same. So Nigerians already know the culprits of why they are poor. They can do something about it.

In Ghana there are no billionaires, not because they are poor, but because they are cautious after Rawlings blood bath, in fact there are more silent billionaires who will rather remain un-noticed than flaot their wealth to the detriment to self and family.
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Sammy107d(m): 3:27pm On Apr 05, 2013
A simple arithmetic division of the current poverty rate by 2 doesn't seem like a bankable calculation to me..
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Morgan1092(m): 3:40pm On Apr 05, 2013
Red-Light:
its definatley a bad news to u

shey bi na poverty kill ur family abi?
Akpos no vex i no d 4low u quarrel. Mek u d dia d wait wen ur poverty stricken family go rich 2015. Mother fvcker
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
The next news you will hear is billions of naiira to
fight poorverty.
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by RedLight1: 4:03pm On Apr 05, 2013
fkaz:

You be fool o, my neighbour for dey germine now if know be poverty, just the way patience jonathan they relax for dia. You know how many people they die for hospital every day due to poverty
read ur post again and see how reta.rded u sound smh
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by NaLaugh: 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
Nigeria.
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by RedLight1: 4:05pm On Apr 05, 2013
Morgan1092: Akpos no vex i no d 4low u quarrel. Mek u d dia d wait wen ur poverty stricken family go rich 2015. Mother fvcker
poor retard...
If u are living below 2$ a day, send me a mail i can get u work to turn ur life around .. Poor m0ron
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by engrfcuksmtin(m): 4:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire: I hardly see any poor person around. Where are the poor people ?
ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sillyonaire wake up!!!!!!!!!
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Capnd143(m): 4:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
mobuch:
am sure this dude must have been drunk while making this statement.

What are the indices to buttress his forecast?

millions of graduates are still jobless and live below the poverty line.
Light is inadequate,
Na jazz, dem want use do am?
do you knw what poverty line is? Or you just open your mouth and start ranting shit! Does being jobless necessary mean being poor? When those jobless graduate spend more than #200 for 2going,facebooking,skyping,pinging and for their gf, those bastardious American propagandrous media would still say over 80% percent of Nigeria live with less than $1 a day, where as, even in villages most kids spend more than that daily!
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Dee60: 4:16pm On Apr 05, 2013
A country with immense oil and gas reserves, plenteous agricultural opportunities and beyond that, first class human capital should be doing better, but for the poor leadership we have.
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 05, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin somebody touch me please
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by GalaxyNoteII: 4:35pm On Apr 05, 2013
LOL They're prolly going to redefine the meaning of poor.

Nigerian scam 101 grin
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 05, 2013
engrfcuksmtin: ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sillyonaire wake up!!!!!!!!!
Ooooboy this guy poor o.. lipsrsealed how far bros? I get akamu..just private mail me cry
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
Arrant rubbisness!
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by plaetton: 5:27pm On Apr 05, 2013
In Jesus name: Amen grin grin

This April fools joke is four days too late. Lets save it for next April fools day.
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
27%?Ya i can believe dis only if nigeria is composed of only the south.Am no tryin 2 b ethnical hr,d northern nigeria poverty rate is 2 high,n almost 75% of 9ja is made of d northenas.If it was only southern 9ja i wil bliv it,but 2geda wit northen 9ja dats a dream even in d next 20 yrs.Av dis guy actually travelled around 9ja 2 knw watsup?I dnt tink so.
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Awsome5645(m): 5:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
mobuch:

if you hardly see poor people around, then you are deluded and loosing your sanity,and you need to see a shrink.
Please, get yourself check in at Yaba left.
hey man make him understandable rather than be so nasty in ur respond. We are all human being with different idea
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
On a forecast by cbn recently,82.1% of people in northern nigeria are living in poverty.As at 2010,below was the regional poverty rate in nigeria cbn forecast: North west=71.2% North east=72.2% North central=67% south west=43% south south=36.1% south east=26.7%...From 2010 til date,i wil not b suprised if d poverty rate increases expecially in d north.A poor man dat dnt av money 2 care 4 himself will go ahead n marry as plenty wife as he can n therefore children kums,instead of reducin d poverty,it wil increase it.Over population in nigeria is a contributor of poverty,afta u wil kum n blame govt 4 unemployment.Na govt tel u 2 marry many wifes?
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by free2ryhme: 7:24pm On Apr 05, 2013
i dey laff for swahili
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by porka: 7:35pm On Apr 05, 2013
omenka: .... And incase you care to know, (cos some come up with that stipid question: what effort r u making on ur own) I commit 30% of my take home to charity, and yes, I'm bragging about that! There are damn too many pple in this country that have found themselves in such pathetic conditions just due to the sheer wickedness of our so called leaders. They live in a different world and are oblivious of what is hapening on the mainstreet!

The sooner we kick them out, the better.

God bless Nigeria.

Good charity bro.

Sure, we'll kick them out soon and put you there to continue your charity works.

God bless you.
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by porka: 7:37pm On Apr 05, 2013
Emmadani: 27%?Ya i can believe dis only if nigeria is composed of only the south.Am no tryin 2 b ethnical hr,d northern nigeria poverty rate is 2 high,n almost 75% of 9ja is made of d northenas.If it was only southern 9ja i wil bliv it,but 2geda wit northen 9ja dats a dream even in d next 20 yrs.Av dis guy actually travelled around 9ja 2 knw watsup?I dnt tink so.

The bold is not correct sir.
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by porka: 7:44pm On Apr 05, 2013
KnowAll:
Nigerians will be rich when the Governors begin to spend 90% of the money they get in the right place. Nigeria will be mega rich if the FG does the same. So Nigerians already know the culprits of why they are poor. They can do something about it.

In Ghana there are no billionaires, not because they are poor, but because they are cautious after Rawlings blood bath, in fact there are more silent billionaires who will rather remain un-noticed than flaot their wealth to the detriment to self and family.

There seems to be inconsistencies in the two statements coincidentally in the same paragraph.

What is your point sir?
Re: Only 27.2% Nigerians Will Be Poor By 2015 — NBS by Gudiza(m): 8:05pm On Apr 05, 2013
OP: Kale said, “In 2004, we ran the first National Living Standard Survey and we estimated the number of Nigerians that were living below poverty line at 54.4 per cent.

“Between 1999 and 2015, if we divide 54.4 per cent by two to enable us draw our target, it is expected that by 2015, only 27.2 per cent of Nigeria’s population will be poor.”

What these people have attempted here is just plain mathematics, out of touch with reality and therefore empty. It's out of touch like - Hey, I'm 20yrs, 6 feet tall.In the next 20 yrs, I'll be 12 ft - out of touch.

But hey, these guys r only doing their job which is provide Statistics. What usually follows is the billions of naira allocation to MDG & NBS in that regard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Youths Arrest District-Head Connected To Boko-Haram In Maiduguri / April 11 Polls: ‘APC Plans To Use 'fake' Corpers To Rig Lagos Polls’ PDP Alleges / EFCC Set To Arraign Mohammed Sambo, Ex-commissioner Of Police For Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.