Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Christains And Muslims, Olodumare Is Not The Same as YAHWEH or Allah - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christains And Muslims, Olodumare Is Not The Same as YAHWEH or Allah (2020 Views)

Who Has Performed The Greatest Act Of Love? Yahweh Or Allah? / #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews / Who Has Performed The Greatest Act Of Love? Yahweh Or Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christains And Muslims, Olodumare Is Not The Same as YAHWEH or Allah by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 05, 2013
I see and hear a lot of believers commit this fallacy in prayer and thinking, believing Olodumare is the same as ALLAH OR YAHWEH/JEHOVAH which is not true and note also that Olodumare never begot a child and another big mistake believers make is taking ESU FOR SATAN OR SHAYTAN , this entities are not one and the same.

You never can tell maybe that's why your prayers are yet to be answered when you pray and mix this entities up...

If this thread grows i'll share an ariticle to elucidate further on the assertions i made above about the non-dependency of this entities....

if you think the same or not , feel free to give your reasons...

We're still Thinking.
Re: Christains And Muslims, Olodumare Is Not The Same as YAHWEH or Allah by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 05, 2013
shol: I see and hear a lot of believers commit this fallacy in prayer and thinking, believing Olodumare is the same as ALLAH OR YAHWEH/JEHOVAH which is not true and note also that Olodumare never begot a child and another big mistake believers make is taking ESU FOR SATAN OR SHAYTAN , this entities are not one and the same.

You never can tell maybe that's why your prayers are yet to be answered when you pray and mix this entities up...

If this thread grows i'll share an ariticle to elucidate further on the assertions i made above about the non-dependency of this entities....

if you think the same or not , feel free to give your reasons...

We're still Thinking.

Good morning Shol,

The bold really got me laughing real hard. You are yet to give a valid point about why you believe that Olodumare and Yahweh/Allah are different and yet you want people to give their reasons why they believe same or not?
Re: Christains And Muslims, Olodumare Is Not The Same as YAHWEH or Allah by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 05, 2013
striktlymi:

Good morning Shol,

The bold really got me laughing real hard. You are yet to give a valid point about why you believe that Olodumare and Yahweh/Allah are different and yet you want people to give their reasons why they believe same or not?

Morning to you sir, thanks for the observation i'll do that now.
Re: Christains And Muslims, Olodumare Is Not The Same as YAHWEH or Allah by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 05, 2013
ESU AND OLODUMARE: CONFLICTING
INTERPRETATIONS

The usual understanding and interpretation of Esu is as one of the major divinities among the Yoruba people.
Esu is primarily a "special relations officer" between heaven and earth, the inspector general who reports regularly to Olodumare on the deeds
of the divinities and men, and checks and makes sure reports on the correctness of worship in general and sacrifices in particular.

This clearly shows that as a divinity capable of doing his duties as charged by Olodumare, Esu occupies a prominent position among the
divinities. He discharges these duties without fear or favor. Thus, Esu is a good minister of God. He is the enforcer who ensures that due reward and punishment ensues on any action. He is, therefore, courted and even bribed. When such overtures fail to mitigate punishment, Esu is then given a bad name.

This has even been more so with the advent of
Christianity and Islam. The new religions sought for equivalence of the Devil and Satan and found
Esu a convenient one, because all those who force people to do the right things are always
unpopular.
Re: Christains And Muslims, Olodumare Is Not The Same as YAHWEH or Allah by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 05, 2013
shol: ESU AND OLODUMARE: CONFLICTING
INTERPRETATIONS

The usual understanding and interpretation of Esu is as one of the major divinities among the Yoruba people.
Esu is primarily a "special relations officer" between heaven and earth, the inspector general who reports regularly to Olodumare on the deeds
of the divinities and men, and checks and makes sure reports on the correctness of worship in general and sacrifices in particular.

This clearly shows that as a divinity capable of doing his duties as charged by Olodumare, Esu occupies a prominent position among the
divinities. He discharges these duties without fear or favor. Thus, Esu is a good minister of God. He is the enforcer who ensures that due reward and punishment ensues on any action. He is, therefore, courted and even bribed. When such overtures fail to mitigate punishment, Esu is then given a bad name.

This has even been more so with the advent of
Christianity and Islam. The new religions sought for equivalence of the Devil and Satan and found
Esu a convenient one, because all those who force people to do the right things are always
unpopular.

I also do not think Esu fits the overall description for Satan. The fact that Esu is the harbinger of death does not make it an acceptable equivalent of Satan. Satan is not the cause of death!

#What about Olodumare?
Re: Christains And Muslims, Olodumare Is Not The Same as YAHWEH or Allah by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 05, 2013
The Yoruba people Olodumare never had a son , Olodumare has only messengers such as Orunmila,Obatala et al.
There is no doubt that God is the most powerful Being and that He has all the superlative attributes one can consider, but the Yoruba do no think that such a being cannot do evil or cause evil. It is part of the attributes of the Supreme Being to be able to utilize all things.

To say that God does not or cannot do evil is to unnecessarily circumscribe His power. In this regard , some of the attributes of Olodumare are
diametrically at variance with those of the Christian God and Muslim Allah.
Consequently, some theoretical and doctrinal problems that arise within Christianity do not arise for Africans,The sources of evil are God-devised
and help to maintain high moral standards. In contrast The
Christian God is ever-merciful and, slow to anger but
quick to forgive (in fact He does not desire the
death of the sinner but that he repent and be saved), and the Muslim Allah most beneficient, whereas the Yoruba Olodumare is a morally upright God who metes out justice here on earth and not necessarily in the hereafter
where we are not sure anybody will witness and learn from it.

Thus, Olodumare is more akin to the Old Testament Yahweh in his requirement of honesty and uprightness. This ensured law and order in the societies involved. When the Christian God is introduced, it become easy to sin all morning and afternoon and repent in the evening and have all your sins forgiven through a special dispensation of grace. This introduction created room for a
permissiveness that has never been witnessed inYoruba society before A chasm was created over which no bridge was erected.
Hence people swear on the Holy Bible and Holy Q'uran without qualms, while they balk when called upon to do the same for Ogun, Sango, or some other divinity. They find a convenient, but dubious, excuse in the denigrating, culturally enslaving explanation that swearing by Sango or Ogun is idol worshiping.
Anyway, what better justification does one need than that anarchism and criminality were rare phenomena in traditional
African societies--problems now plaguing so-called civilized societies that embrace theistic religions.
This is the fact that some scholars have celebrated in their reference to a good old African past.

This is not saying that there were no dark spots in this African past; there were wars and criminal activities, but these were easily controlled. In fact, no one deliberately does evil and gets away with it. Rituals only appease acts of omission or mistakes, mellows the punishment, and is payment for a crime committed in error.
If the old system of oath making, swearing, and contractual agreements can be reinstated into the legal system one may witness a better dispensation of justice and a reduction of crime.

Visit here for the full Article:

africa.ufl.edu/asq/v2/v2i1a1.htm

Something i just feel like sharing and i'm no atheist.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Makes Members Eat Grass / Pastor-preneurs / Drag Them To Court {water OF Manna/revival Service} - Dr. D.K Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.