Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,263 members, 7,957,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:42 PM

Meet Pastor Akande: Man Of God By Day, Child Molesting Rapist By Night - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Meet Pastor Akande: Man Of God By Day, Child Molesting Rapist By Night (847 Views)

Top List Of Romancelanders Whom Deliberately Bash Girls.( by man of list) / Pastor Olatayo Atunde Of Light Of Hope Orphanage Apprehended For Molesting Girls / My Love For Yinka Martins Is Glowing Day By Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Pastor Akande: Man Of God By Day, Child Molesting Rapist By Night by cheekylawyer: 2:02pm On Apr 05, 2013
Welcome to another episode of Nigerian Horrors, where we present to you the story of a ‘holy man’ & his goodly exploits.

A pastor & director of Light Of Hope Orphanage, simply known as Mr. Akande to neighbourhood folk, was arrested by policemen of Zone 2 Command, Onikan. His crime? The rape of 2 minors living at his orphanage. In Akute of all places.

I do have a certain bias for Akute news, since I have a stake in their existence (long story) so I couldn’t just pass this story by. Regardless of the location,this is a truly horrible crime to commit.

The news got to the police, courtesy of a petition from Project Alert (a non-governmental organisation) against Saint Akande. Project Alert petitioned the police after receiving complaints from a teacher at the school the minors attended.

Apparently, one of the girls showed up to school with blood running down her legs (what the hell?) and after being thoroughly questioned by the school officials, she claimed Mr. Akande had sex with her. These are kids of around 13 years old.

Its always reassuring to see social programs like Project Alert getting some positive work done especially in cases like this, but here’s an interesting angle. Here’s a quote from Project Alert programme officer, Tobi Asekun:

“It was the school that brought the case to us. This is not the first time that we have received complaints about Tunde’s activities. Last year, one of his neighbours came to us making the same complaints but no one could take action because we needed his victims to confirm the claim. So when this case was brought to our attention, we wrote a petition to Zone 2 Command.”

So because there was no confession from the kids, there was nothing that could’ve been done? Even as they already had testimonies from neighbours? I’m not a legal head but....

Via Greenlight [http://greenlight.com.ng/2013/04/05/meet-pastor-akande-man-of-god-by-day-child-molesting-rapist-by-night-allegedly/]

(1) (Reply)

Meet Alhaji Hakeem Garba: The Developer Who Duped Over 200 Prospective Tenants / Facts You May Never Know / The.blatant Show Of Mod Power By Sexkillz And The Nysc Sectiion Mod•

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.