Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? (6114 Views)

Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features / The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by kazey(m): 12:12am On Aug 23, 2005
hum nothing comes free or cheap. Seun you can introduce emoticons promotion. As in using titles etc, which can be overthrown.

The emoticons is only displayed beside the id, of those, that win the monthly competitions or whatever. Just the emoticon, no special priviledges.
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by Scorpio(f): 1:48am On Aug 23, 2005
I dunno if n e one has suggested this, but i think a lil Arcade would b nice. at least when someone signs in n has done all d postin he/she needed to do, it would b fun to while away time on d arcade.
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by Chxta(m): 7:11am On Aug 23, 2005
Those suggestions are nice at first glance, but we'd have to seriously consider the merits of each one by one...

I'll be back.
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by Adetola(m): 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2005
Best of luck, anything that will make nairaland a better place for us is welcome by me
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by timmy(m): 7:59pm On Aug 24, 2005
i think i feel kazeey alot sha. Seun im sure this is a forum right.? I feel it should remain a forum, all i can suggest is just a lil more interctive or eye catchy stuffs..
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by Seun(m): 5:50am On Aug 26, 2005
I like Scorpio's suggestion about the arcade. Anything to keep the bored kids in each one of us engaged!
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by Saintjoe(m): 1:59pm On Aug 26, 2005
Hey Seun,
This is the time for u claim the site administrator. Do not ignor this sugestions they will help to improve Nairaland in future. Do smth fast about it.
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by Seun(m): 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2005
Yes, but don't forget that I have limited resources at my disposal, for now. Out of all the suggestions I have to pick the ones that seem to be most important!
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by cushman(m): 7:08pm On Aug 28, 2005
I think a chat room will also do the magic
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by Scorpio(f): 1:31am On Aug 29, 2005
cushman:

I think a chat room will also do the magic

Yeah, i like dat thought, dat's really cool
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by cushman(m): 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2005
E-cards, a sort of log in and win contests...

What do you think?
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by Scorpio(f): 6:32pm On Sep 05, 2005
Wat prices do we win?
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by cushman(m): 6:48pm On Sep 05, 2005
Scorpio:

Wat prices do we win?

Anything...ranging from awards, recharge vouchers... wink
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by Saintjoe(m): 7:18pm On Sep 05, 2005
yeah recharge vouchers............it's a good idea wink
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by Seun(m): 7:38pm On Sep 05, 2005
I like the idea of giving out recharge cards from time to time, and in the past I've given out 4-5 of the 500 naira denomination, but it might be a while before we can re-initiate that.
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by hotangel2(f): 7:40pm On Sep 05, 2005
What of people that don't use recharge card?
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by layi(m): 7:47pm On Sep 05, 2005
Ask them o
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by Emortal(m): 8:34pm On Sep 05, 2005
lawd this site looks like the number 1 cause for eye cancer,. so unorganized, bad color choices, everything just compressed into one page, whoever the site owner is needs to wake up from his/her slumber and put to work some coding, xcept he/she just downloaded a template and decided to manipulate it(change names, petty stuff),. get your game up man, php newb.
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by Saintjoe(m): 10:58am On Sep 06, 2005
hot-angel:

What of people that don't use recharge card?
yeah i see that the voucher issue will not be useful for those that are outside the country. Like Ha so i don supprot the idea again cheesy
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by layi(m): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2005
@Emortal
I guess Seun bought the solution (not 100% sure though) but thats not the issue here.
Emortal:

.... so unorganized, bad color choices, everything just compressed into one page,......
The site is organized and the color choice is good(not shouting). As for compressing into 1 page. That sounds ridiculos but if you're talkin bout the hompage. Yahoo does same. Get to yahoo's home page and u have so many links representin all yahoo subsidiaries.

As long as it serves its purpose and we all keep coming back. None of us has got sight problems so far. The end justifies the means.
In Today's world of webdesignin, you design websites from the point of clients-need not from an aesthetic standpoint. Keep it simple. wink

What we need however are features to be added. Any Ideas?
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by Saintjoe(m): 11:30am On Sep 06, 2005
yeah layi i support you. Emortal if you have sight problem i advice to go get ur glasses. All we need now is features.
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by Emortal(m): 4:53pm On Sep 06, 2005
correction, all we need now "are" features
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by kazey(m): 5:36pm On Sep 06, 2005
Chai he try to correct and he blow grammar. You know what concorde is in english grammar? Now don't tell me it is supposed to be concorde are tongue
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by Saintjoe(m): 6:22pm On Sep 06, 2005
hey u guys emortal and kazey! don't insult yourselves Ok?  sad
nobody is above mistake, abi english na una papa launguage?
Concorde Ko! V- boot Ni!  wink
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by hotangel2(f): 7:19am On Sep 13, 2005
This is a seirous one ooo.

I think there should be a section that says Like Teenagers. There are some ways teens talk that adults just don't get. The adults should be free to come in and say something.. I think that'd be soo cool.
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by Greatpeter(m): 9:47am On Sep 13, 2005
Let there be romantic and cool music at every login the forum.

So listening to cool music while you do your thing here will be great.
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by Saintjoe(m): 10:11am On Sep 13, 2005
Yeah listening to cool music that will be great.
But i think Seun is trying he will handle everything one by one.
He has just creat a chat room.........we now have a chat room on this forum. I think that great!!! cheesy
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by hotangel2(f): 6:31pm On Sep 13, 2005
i dont think it's great. it's okay but not great!
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by Seun(m): 5:06am On Sep 14, 2005
What's wrong with the chat room?
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by Scorpio(f): 9:14pm On Sep 14, 2005
Abt d chat room, could we pls have somn like a buzzer thingy? kind of like yahoo, as in when u're not on dat page n someone says/types a response, it kinda like sends a lil buzz so u know.
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by WesleyanA(f): 10:17pm On Sep 14, 2005
gosh scorpio. there's nothing wrong with that chatroom thing. it's cool. cheesy
Re: New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? by hotangel2(f): 4:51am On Sep 15, 2005
ADMIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, people, does admin Mr seun, really have to translate every slang to normal english? I think only a dumb ass mothafxcka would not know that G()NNA, would be Going to. W/\NNA would mean Want to. And The likes. Admin you really need not translate everything to proper english. Live a little.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pics: See What Was Inside Superbite Gala. / Why Do All Wrist Watch Adverts Always Show The Same Time? / Creepy And Bizarrre Mysteries/facts ( Photo )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.