Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features (6397 Views)

Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? / New Nairaland Features to Attract Your Friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by Seun(m): 5:30am On May 23, 2012
With New Nairaland, you can follow topics you didn't post on and un-follow topics you're no longer interested in, even if you posted on them. We've recently added two new features related to that:

1) Board Following: You can now follow boards you're interested in. When new topics are posted on the boards you're following, they will be added automatically to the list of topics you're following. This feature is especially useful for keeping track of less popular boards like programming, food, & islam for muslims.

How to use: Visit the board and click on the (Follow) link. Click on it again to stop following the board.

2) Member Following: You can now follow members who post good topics, regardless of whether or not they are your friends. When the members you're following post new topics, such topics will be added to the list of topics you're following. This is useful because some members post good threads, but refuse to friend anyone. Others only 'friend' people they know. With member following, you can follow any Nairalander anytime, without having to wait for them to approve you.

How to use: Visit the members profile and click on the (Follow) link. Click on it again to stop following the member.

3 Likes

Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by pendo89(f): 5:47am On May 23, 2012
123 test.
Follow Seun!!It works.Great smiley
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by Odinaka00(m): 5:53am On May 23, 2012
[color=#550000][/color][b][/b]I NEED MONEY
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by Isaactop9(m): 5:54am On May 23, 2012
cool nice development, new look, almost confusing me wink wink
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by Rhino5dm: 6:05am On May 23, 2012
Where is page down or GO DOWN button? scrolling down a page with a touch-screen mobile phone can be very stressful and it affects the screen by scratching it off. I would like to have it before the end of today.

1 Like

Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by oseiwe(m): 6:10am On May 23, 2012
Nice one bros. U can only get better.
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by femi4: 6:10am On May 23, 2012
Humm...less popular board like programming.....
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by Yorisb: 6:11am On May 23, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
I would like to have it before the end of today.

U don spoil matter finish.

@Seun

Cool App.

1 Like

Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by Nobody: 6:13am On May 23, 2012
now all those tribalists don get beta way to dey mingle...

1 Like

Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by Rhino5dm: 6:22am On May 23, 2012
Abeg go siddon for one corner! You think say Seun they think like you? By the way, that post wasn't meant for arrogant people. You don't need an act of congress to inculde few HTML codes to improve the lives of others, do you?

What is wrong with telling him when I want it? Typical african mentality!

Yorisb:

@Seun

Cool App.
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by greedie1(f): 6:28am On May 23, 2012
I love this.... Now i can follow people without having to send friend request.. Very convenient. Thumbs up seun
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by icon2: 6:28am On May 23, 2012
pendo89: 123 test.

hahahahahhahahhahaha
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by walcolm(m): 6:36am On May 23, 2012
@SEUN,

is it possible to disable to default auto-follow threads that you post in so that forum members can consciously choose which threads they want to post in?

the fact that i respond to a post in a thread does not mean i want to follow that thread

Thanx in advance
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by cyril83(m): 6:41am On May 23, 2012
pendo89: 123 test.
just wasting ur precious tym, he's married with 9 kids

1 Like

Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by bigx(m): 6:45am On May 23, 2012
@Seun please attend to our request o! For another "less popular" sub-forum. www.nairaland.com/939948/need-separate-auto-enthusiasts-forum
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by chemberlin(m): 6:49am On May 23, 2012
Nice one bro...
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by Rhino5dm: 6:52am On May 23, 2012
BINGO!!!! . . .and the GO DOWN button was added within few minutes of making the request!

Thank You very much SEUN. O'seun. cool

Yorisb:

@Seun

Cool App.

^
Are you going to offer an apology? SMH!

2 Likes

Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by melvournis(f): 7:06am On May 23, 2012
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by spade: 7:06am On May 23, 2012
*scoffs* "following"? Is that what they call stalking these days? grin
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by Yorisb: 7:07am On May 23, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
BINGO!!!! . . .and the GO DOWN button was added within few minutes of making the request!

Thank You very much SEUN. O'seun. cool

^
Are you going to offer an apology? SMH!
grin

See dis one, u no no say I pleaded with Seun on ur behalf? Go sit down jorr! grin
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by Yorisb: 7:07am On May 23, 2012
spade: *scoffs* "following"? Is that what they call stalking these days? grin

Lol
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by greedie1(f): 7:12am On May 23, 2012
spade: *scoffs* "following"? Is that what they call stalking these days? grin
lwkmh...
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by Nobody: 7:29am On May 23, 2012
Seun: With New Nairaland, you can follow topics you didn't post on and un-follow topics you're no longer interested in, even if you posted on them. We've recently added two new features related to that:

1) Board Following: You can now follow boards you're interested in. When new topics are posted on the boards you're following, they will be added automatically to the list of topics you're following. This feature is especially useful for keeping track of less popular boards like programming, food, & islam for muslims.

How to use: Visit the board and click on the (Follow) link. Click on it again to stop following the board.

2) Member Following: You can now follow members who post good topics, regardless of whether or not they are your friends. When the members you're following post new topics, such topics will be added to the list of topics you're following. This is useful some members post good threads, but refuse to friend anyone. Others only 'friend' people they know. With member following, you can follow any Nairalander anytime, without having to wait for them to approve you.

How to use: Visit the members profile and click on the (Follow) link. Click on it again to stop following the member.
_
That feature's not good. It means you'll automatically follow every rubbish topic started on the thread.
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by Rhino5dm: 7:29am On May 23, 2012
Walk along.

Yorisb:
grin

See dis one, u no no say I pleaded with Seun on ur behalf? Go sit down jorr! grin
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by Nobody: 7:31am On May 23, 2012
I hope there is a way for you to know those that are 'following' you.
I don't approve this new addition, but whatever.
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by Rhino5dm: 7:31am On May 23, 2012
It is OPTIONAL . Damn!

SimonAndal:
_
That feature's not good. It means you'll automatically follow every rubbish topic started on the thread.
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by Nobody: 7:33am On May 23, 2012
grin shocked
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by rasputinn(m): 7:34am On May 23, 2012
Funny way of asking.......
Not checked the apps in detail yet,will do that when I have dealt with more pressing issues

Seun,well done

Nice little forward steps at a time,and please if anyone tells you to consider going public,no listen to them o
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by Nobody: 7:36am On May 23, 2012
rasputinn: Funny way of asking.......
Not checked the apps in detail yet,will do that when I have dealt with more pressing issues

Seun,well done

Nice little forward steps at a time,and please if anyone tells you to consider going public,no listen to them o
NAIRALAND GOING PUBLIC WITH SO MUCH TRIBALISM ? DANG!!!
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by Nobody: 7:43am On May 23, 2012
;DWe might need the 'chase' button too,emm.. for straight folks i mean.
Re: Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features by Isaactop9(m): 7:45am On May 23, 2012
tongue the smilies are not appearing. Why

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Birthday 190 / 25 Most Dangerous Roads In The World [+pictures] / Is Smoking Marijuana A Sin Before God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.