Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Two Interesting NBA Prospects Of Nigerian Descent This Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Two Interesting NBA Prospects Of Nigerian Descent This Year (1033 Views)

Odion Ighalo: The New Face Of Nigerian Football / Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? / Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Interesting NBA Prospects Of Nigerian Descent This Year by ektbear: 5:40am On Apr 07, 2013
The first is Victor Oladipo, a 6'5 shooting guard playing at Indiana. He actually grew up in Maryland though, not too far from me.

Here is a video on him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgWJGiJJAwk

He is basically a ridiculously good athlete.

The second is Giannis Adetokunbo, evidently some freak 6'10 point guard who grew up in Greece. Video on him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km632hL-XCo

Both are projected to be first round picks this year.

I hope that Nigeria reaches out to these two talents...if we fully utilize our resources we can beat anyone in the world at this game, in my opinion (including the US).
Re: Two Interesting NBA Prospects Of Nigerian Descent This Year by birdman(m): 5:23am On Apr 10, 2013
nice find. Victor plays D like every Naija man I know... footwork and anticipation is very good That alone will keep him in the league. Giannis looks like a bust already sad...I fear he may not be able to perform when playing more physical players
Re: Two Interesting NBA Prospects Of Nigerian Descent This Year by EkoAtlantic: 6:12am On Apr 10, 2013
I hope that Nigeria reaches out to these two talents...if we fully utilize our resources we can beat anyone in the world at this game, in my opinion (including the US).

You're on a long thing. Know of many B ballers who got admission into college in Texas and CA for their good skills in B ball, none has been selected to rep 9ja undecided ,all they do is politics. Go to UI(Ibadan) sport center you'll see them full there in holidays.
Re: Two Interesting NBA Prospects Of Nigerian Descent This Year by ektbear: 7:54am On Apr 10, 2013
Giannis is too young to be a bust man. He might take 3-4 years to develop. But his size (6'10), passing ability, wingspan (7'3) and hands (enormous) are something that you cannot teach.
Re: Two Interesting NBA Prospects Of Nigerian Descent This Year by TableLeg(m): 8:04am On Apr 10, 2013
Victor Oladipo's toughness, versatility and work ethic will surely see him right at the top of the draft boards

THe NBA loves seeing upward trajectory regarding work ethic as the draft approaches, and Oladipo has shown more than enough

Indiana will open the NCAA tournament as one of the favorites, Oladipo is instrumental to this and will be influential

Oladipo shot 47.1 percent as a sophomore and is at 61.4 this season and has jumped from 20.8 percent on three-pointers to 46.4 ....

I like this kid ......

New York Knicks and Mike Woodson, i hope you are watching!!!
Re: Two Interesting NBA Prospects Of Nigerian Descent This Year by ektbear: 8:15am On Apr 10, 2013
Oladipo will be a top 10 pick most likely. So no Knicks.

Same for Giannis I expect...in such a weak draft it makes sense to gamble on potential. I'd draft Giannis top 5 if it were me.
Re: Two Interesting NBA Prospects Of Nigerian Descent This Year by TableLeg(m): 8:38am On Apr 10, 2013
ekt_bear: Oladipo will be a top 10 pick most likely. So no Knicks.

Same for Giannis I expect...in such a weak draft it makes sense to gamble on potential. I'd draft Giannis top 5 if it were me.

But Giannis is only likely to enter or has he officially declared?!
Re: Two Interesting NBA Prospects Of Nigerian Descent This Year by ektbear: 8:44am On Apr 10, 2013
My understanding is that Giannis hasn't officially entered the NBA draft. But...he almost certainly will imo, just because he is likely to be drafted high.

I think he has under some longterm contract in Greece, but the buyouts are affordable enough for him to leave for the NBA if he declares and gets drafted.
Re: Two Interesting NBA Prospects Of Nigerian Descent This Year by TableLeg(m): 8:51am On Apr 10, 2013
ekt_bear: Oladipo will be a top 10 pick most likely. So no Knicks

I expect a top 5 pick actually ....
Re: Two Interesting NBA Prospects Of Nigerian Descent This Year by ektbear: 9:33am On Apr 10, 2013
We shall see. I just want them both to have successful careers. A lot of the other Nigerian NBA players lately have been bums.
Re: Two Interesting NBA Prospects Of Nigerian Descent This Year by birdman(m): 1:17am On Apr 11, 2013
True that, Giannis is young - what team is willing to take him on as a project though? I hope Victor doesnt become the next Azubuike - I will never figure out why he didnt make it in the NBA
Re: Two Interesting NBA Prospects Of Nigerian Descent This Year by TableLeg(m): 9:26am On Apr 12, 2013
I just cant wait for the 2013 NBA draft ...... I always look forward to it every year ... Insanely passionate about basketball!!!!
Re: Two Interesting NBA Prospects Of Nigerian Descent This Year by Nobody: 4:42am On Apr 22, 2013
@ ekt_bear, please Inbox me upgradedcars@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Tribute To Former Super Eagles, Adefemi Olubayo (13 August 1985 – 18 April 2011) / Why Alex Ferguson Wont Forget CHELSEA F.C In A Hurry. / Siasia Appointed U-23 Eagles Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.