Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) (14836 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Open Heavens 2012 Now Available On Mobile / Pastor Adeboye's Open Heavens Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by leffects(m): 7:16am On Apr 07, 2013
Memorise: Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God' Psalm 3:2

Read: Psalm 3:1-2

Bible in one year: Isaiah 34-36

Action point: Check through the Bible and list out 10 things you can do to enjoy the long life God has promised you. Simply obey them.

Gain is good but unjust gain is evil. Proverbs 1:19 says what the greedy fellow calls gain is exactly what will take his life. Never take what belongs to another! Greed has wrecked many ministries, leaders and families. That benefit you think you are deriving from your evil act of denying others what is rightfully theirs will snuff life out of you. Have you unjustly cut down the benefits of your subordinates because you believe they are at the receiving end? Return it today or face the unpleasant consequences. If you want to live long and have peace in the home, steer clear of greed!

Moreover to prolong your days, besides avoiding cheating other people; you must love God with the totality of your being. Luke 10:27 says, 'And he answering said, Thou shalt love thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself." Your love for God must be total.' When your love for God is total, you will find it almost impossible to do anything contrary to what He likes. Do you love God? What is the degree of love you have for Him? This love will also make you obey His voice. When you obey the One who is your life (Colossians 3:4), you can be rest assured that He will lengthen your days. In addition, Deuteronomy 30:20 connotes you must cleave to Him like a leech. If you see someone who is attached to God, you will know. His God-consciousness will thrill you. He knows God is always with Him so he is very selective of the places he goes, what he does and what he refuses to do. God's work and Word are given top priority in his life.

According to 1 Kings3:14, for God to lengthen your days, you must walk in His ways by copying the righteous character and deeds of our Lord Jesus Christ. You must also keep His commandments - complying with all His dos and avoiding all His don'ts. Is there anything God asked you to do which is yet undone? You must never forget any of His laws but keep them in your heart according to Proverbs 3:1-2. Surround yourself with the scriptures. Besides these, as indicated in Psalm 21:4, don't forget to ask for length of days to enable you serve Him and His people longer. Don't be like Hezekiah who used his extension period to create trouble for his family. Above all, ask for wisdom so that you can achieve God's plan for your life.

http://earlydigest..com/2013/04/rccg-open-heavens-devotion-sunday-7th.html

30 Likes

Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by leffects(m): 10:48am On Apr 07, 2013
Share.
Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 07, 2013
Amen!!!!!!
Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 07, 2013
And yet kids die... What a perverted messsage...

7 Likes

Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by Harphow(m): 12:39pm On Apr 07, 2013
Honour thy father and thy mother also........... Thanks daddy G.O for d word of life.
Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by chikeorji123(m): 12:43pm On Apr 07, 2013
Thanks so much..l need this at moment.God bless!.
Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by mcevans1(m): 12:47pm On Apr 07, 2013
musKeeto: And yet kids die... What a perverted messsage...

And your point is

2 Likes

Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by Nasri100(m): 12:49pm On Apr 07, 2013
Minor segment: Space 4 sale!! cool

Midget
Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by Okijajuju1(m): 1:02pm On Apr 07, 2013
If I talk now, they will ban me...

So what's the point of a thread like this? Agree or get banned... angry

2 Likes

Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by PastorKun(m): 1:13pm On Apr 07, 2013
In that case Adeboye should rescind his illicit tithe doctrine, seed sowing, partnership and other scams he uses to cheat believers that worship in his church. Maybe then God would grant him as well longer life.

PS: Why should a heaven bound christian be interested in having a longer life in this stressful/painful world

6 Likes

Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by decrox199(m): 1:15pm On Apr 07, 2013
Had I known...God'..still holding on to ur convenat oh Lord...pls come to my aid
Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by Ambidexter(m): 1:20pm On Apr 07, 2013
U got it al rong man. It's nt a perverted msg. Kids die, bt ppl stil liv to a gr8 age. D point is -> wen u grow up to know ur left 4rm ur ryt, den der'r tinz u nid 2 do in oda 2 lenghten ur days (if u so wish)

2 Likes

Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by nairaman66(m): 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2013
Any reason this thread made the front page? Religion is indeed the Opium of the people..
Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by dabigwalls: 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2013
Paul, Peter, Stephen, Jesus Christ, the disciples...none lived very long. What is in this Nigeria or earth to pursue. I am too sold out to God to be concerned of an extra 40 yearsa in this world. My treasure is not here, so my mind is not interested in NEPA, PDP, Lagos, London or Abuja. Nothing here worth staying the next minute for if not to help the poor and share the gospel with experiences of my life. What is the use of living to 80 and landing in sector 2 of hell?

5 Likes

Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by lonamy: 1:37pm On Apr 07, 2013
Pastor Kun: In that case Adeboye should rescind his illicit tithe doctrine, seed sowing, partnership and other scams he uses to cheat believers that worship in his church. Maybe then God would grant him as well longer life.

PS: Why should a heaven bound christian be interested in having a longer life in this stressful/painful world

Brother Pastor Kun, if you are actually a pastor, you will have to see pastor adeboye to pray for you so that this curse you stupidly placed on yourself might be removed. but because it will be difficult for you to see him, God will let something happen to you that it is only Pastor Adeboye that will pray for you and you will be healed. At that, moment, just remember to ask Baba for forgiveness. and of course Baba being a large hearted man of God will definitely forgive you.

Remain blessed.

3 Likes

Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 07, 2013
[quote author=lonamy]

Brother Pastor Kun, if you are actually a pastor, you will have to see pastor adeboye to pray for you so that this curse you stupidly placed on yourself might be removed.

Not all of us are scared of your idols, we fear GOD and not MAN.

The Truth MUST always be said.

but because it will be difficult for you to see him, God will let something happen to you that it is only Pastor Adeboye that will pray for you and you will be healed. At that, moment, just remember to ask Baba for forgiveness. and of course Baba being a large hearted man of God will definitely forgive you.

Ask Baba and not GOD for forgiveness ? So he is your BABA.

You people are a Joke.

Nothing will happen , the Truth must be said.

Keep your EMPTY threats to yourself.

@Pastor Kun,

Forgive me for responding on your behalf, this is the sort of comment that irks me, these men are almost gods within their congregations , while their associates issue silly threats to those who persist in pointing out error.

8 Likes

Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by kacheezy: 1:43pm On Apr 07, 2013
mc~evans:

And your point is
If you cant see his point then you are a blind sheep.

1 Like

Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by nikkyshyne(f): 1:46pm On Apr 07, 2013
lonamy:

Brother Pastor Kun, if you are actually a pastor, you will have to see pastor adeboye to pray for you so that this curse you stupidly placed on yourself might be removed. but because it will be difficult for you to see him, God will let something happen to you that it is only Pastor Adeboye that will pray for you and you will be healed. At that, moment, just remember to ask Baba for forgiveness. and of course Baba being a large hearted man of God will definitely forgive you.

Remain blessed.
Lol. Is this an advice or a threat?
Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by Chimerase(m): 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2013
AMEN!!!!! cool
Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by TableLeg(m): 2:06pm On Apr 07, 2013
Nonsense ... When your time is up, its up!

3 Likes

Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by ninja4life(m): 2:16pm On Apr 07, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
Please can someone show me hw to post a blog.i was reading news in onlinenigeria.i saw the minister of state & forein affairs been disgraced .i tell u am proud of those guys that disgrace her in New York.
I also watched d video on youtube it seems those guys are really damn serious just look at how dey told d minISTER TO GO TO HELL LIKE SERIOUSLY ITS DIS TYPE OF PEOPLE DAT MAKES ME GLAD TO BE A NIGERIAN AND NOT D MOST TRIBALISTIC AND POLITICAL ASSLOCKERS DAT WE FIND HERE DAT ONY TALK AND COMPLAIN BUT TAKE NO ACTION LIKE THOSE GUYS and d minister was just looking like a dummyhead when he cant take any action lol
Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by LagosBoi2(m): 2:19pm On Apr 07, 2013
gbagbe oshi

ok i disagree

oya ban me
Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by omonnakoda: 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2013
lonamy:

Remain blessed.
Ignorant,superstitious and moronic. Is Adeboye not a billionaire,does he not propagate all kinds of superstitious falsehood like these so called "curses" Tell Adeboye to pray for PHCN so we can have electricity and for the ministry aof works so we can have good roads.
Jesus NEVER collected money or built houses or showed signs of material acquistiveness like Adeboye.

2 Likes

Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by hishandmaid(f): 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2013
Fellow Nairalanders, its really important that we think before we speak. There are responsible ways we can air we views clearly without speaking ill of others especially if we can't accurately say who they are. If it is ur wish to live up to 80yrs, ask God for that & the health but if it not, state it as you want, his ur God & maker he will hear & answer. I encourage everyone on this forum to use this platform wisely & not to attack others. It will get us nowhere. God bls our great country NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by PastorKun(m): 2:36pm On Apr 07, 2013
lonamy:

Remain blessed.

On the contrary it is your Pastor Adeboye that seriously needs prayers and he needs to repent of the dubious prosperity gospels he uses to reap off believers and turn back to God. And don't bother with your silly threats of curses as it won't work on me, it is rather you people that are following Adeboye that are cursed and under his spell as you refuse to reject the false gospel he fleeces you with.
Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by PastorKun(m): 2:39pm On Apr 07, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

Thanx for responding on my behalf, very much appreciated.
Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by chezholy(m): 2:40pm On Apr 07, 2013
..C..Coded.

2 Likes

Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by idriis: 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2013
Church Rule: The more you pay tithe, the longer you live. Halleluyahgringrin
Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by chukxie(m): 2:50pm On Apr 07, 2013

What are you growling and howling for? What's perverted about the sermon? Death is for everyone. And it can come at any time. Doctors recommend working out and cutting down on fatty food as two ways of maintaining a healthy and longer life. Don't healthy and perfectly fit people die everyday? Would you call doctors perverts? No! A preacher gave a sermon on some spiritual exercises people can do to ensure a longer life and you call his message "perverted."  It's better to keep silent when you've got nothing reasonable to say than to open your mouth wide and spew garbage!

8 Likes

Re: How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) by Lero15(m): 2:52pm On Apr 07, 2013
Dis is specially 4 me on my bday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian / Mbaka Tells Fellow Priests To Stop Condemning Him For Praying For Nnamdi Kanu / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Offers Free Education To 400 Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.