Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Scammers On The Prowl - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scammers On The Prowl (1669 Views)

Liars' Incorporated: Saraki, Dino On The Prowl / Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl / Danger Alert!!! Kidnappers And Ritualist On The Prowl In Lagos This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scammers On The Prowl by tjmc: 8:00am On Apr 07, 2013
Good day my fellow nairalanders,

I want to use this medium to pass an important information on what happened to me yesterday being saturday.

Yesterday morning as early as 9:00am a number (0706604996) called me and he told me he was a manager to the hotel in which I had applied for a job but was unsuccessful. Though I remember telling the manager then that should in case a vacancy comes out he shud pls notify me.

So immediately d caller told me I once applied to d hotel and he knows me I developed dat trust.

He told me yestaday bin saturday dat he now works with NNPC as a maintainence engineer and dat they are carrying out maintainence repairs on vandalised pipelines. So he said dat there is a known friend(Elder Clement Amadi,08181039172) of his that works with zerock engineering services ltd situated at klm 22 new umuahia road, and dat they sell d materials that they need for carrying out the repairs.he gave me the contact of the man he said was given the contract to go get d materials. He gave me d name as Hon Smith Bamigor,07014721808,08100062804) and dat he will be travelling to china to buy d product( drilling oil ring(ball racers), model: WHWNA-10Amp). He said I should contact d hon and tell him am I am a supplier nd dat I have any quantity of the product dat may be required. Dis is to prevent d hon. Frm going to china and we wud supply him the goods in nigeria here. So I contacted d hon. And we discussed based on what I and mr mike has agreed upon.
I told d hon. Dat d product cost 200K and we settled for dat price.
So the hon said he wud require a sample of the product for verification b4 he wud make payment for the 20pcs he requires. I called mike and he said I shud contact elder which I did. Elder told me I would need to make a deposit as it is company policy and mr mike as he claims to be in bayelsa said I shud try raise any amount I can. Being a student in my finals I don't have saving due to d many payments we make in school. So I said I wud meet my friends to raise d little I can so as to secure d sample of d product first. My close friend gave me N40K which he was to use in paying for his clearance and some oda settlements in school for those going for june NYSC on monday 2moro. So I used d moni to rush down to Aba to get d product. I collected d product from a guy who d elder said I shud contact.
To cut d story short, I came back to owerri wit d product afta paying d N40K as deposit. I called d Hon dat I am back from Aba and I wud meet him at concorde hotel. On getting to concorde he told me he is at govt house owerri to sign a safety arrival form and dat after much discussions govt has decided to increase d qty demanded from 20 to 200. I was confused since we only agreed on 20pcs.
Now It became clear to me it was a scam.
I don't know what to do now, am so depressed now and feel humilated and I don't know what next to do.

I am contemplating going to d SSS office here in owerri to lay d complain and play along with dem so d SSS can atleast lay their hands on just one of them if possible.

Now I have no other means of raising d money due to its urgency.
Pls I would need ur kind support in paying back to my friend his money.
I would be willing to offer more clarifications to any question u might raise.
Re: Scammers On The Prowl by andresia(m): 9:35am On Apr 07, 2013
@Op, why...why...why?! Its all about greed and thirst for easy moni on ur part dat landed u into dis mess. If it doesn't luk or sound real, its not real.

The guy u gave d 40k to, hope u knw d address wia u met and gave him d money? Dats ur 1st lead. U can also use dia fone numbas to bait dem into capture.

Next time tink well wen it involves finance
Re: Scammers On The Prowl by tjmc: 10:12am On Apr 07, 2013
All these now sounds funny to me cos after d payment of d sum, my eyes began to be clear but by then its already late. Am searching for SSS website so I can get a phone contact now
Re: Scammers On The Prowl by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 07, 2013
hahahaha the same old story. the same thing happened to my friend in uyo right in my present. someone called him claiming to be from exxonmobile offshore.
lemme tell you that iron you bought is a bicycle spare part. from the neck of a bicycle.

my friend spent 200k and bought that. we finally went to the police and the police told us we are very lucky. last week a man came here with that iron filled in his car boot
he bought for 4 mil. grin grin grin
Re: Scammers On The Prowl by segebobo: 10:35am On Apr 07, 2013
I almost fell for it when they contacted me. Funny thing is that the man has my details which made me trust him and was even apologising for not recognising him. Then when he told me I will buy the whatever he called it, I went to google it and it wasn't making sense.
Thank God for my friends who said doesn't the man have brothers or cousins he can give the business to? That was how I backed out.
Re: Scammers On The Prowl by iphy42: 11:18am On Apr 07, 2013
They have contacted me several times. They usually get contact details from Nysc year book, CVs or from close pals. Shine ur eyes.

Mods front page pls so others will learn
Re: Scammers On The Prowl by vizboy(m): 1:01pm On Apr 07, 2013
you should try and report to the police or sss to see if they can be aprehended. Thîs is serious
Re: Scammers On The Prowl by Ola17: 1:36pm On Apr 07, 2013
na wah o, this thing is getting out of hand, just last night someone called my friend claiming to be one Dr Akpan. He was seriously shouting at my friend that why didn't he save his number bla bla bla, he asked my friend to look for pen and and paper fast and call him back. I just told my friend not to bother wasting his airtime in calling the man back. That he's a scammer.

The funny thing is that the man knew his name and everything.
Re: Scammers On The Prowl by vanbonattel: 1:50pm On Apr 07, 2013
The scammers must be among the 22 Western Nigerians caught last week.
Re: Scammers On The Prowl by obyrich(m): 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2013
LOl. Nwanne ndoo. It's a pity you fell for such a cheap scam.I've got such calls a couple of times too. Stop believing you can pick money on the roadside my dear. As a young graduate, there are many more scammers you may meet out there during job hunting. That money is gone, learn your lessons and move on. Find a way to pay up your debt. Next time, seek the opinion of Nairalanders before embarking on such hazy deals, maybe someone with prior experience may help you beat the scammers to their game.
Re: Scammers On The Prowl by wawaboy1(m): 4:07pm On Apr 07, 2013
O ga eme gi voom na anya
Re: Scammers On The Prowl by tjmc: 3:36pm On Apr 09, 2013
illitrate: hahahaha the same old story. the same thing happened to my friend in uyo right in my present. someone called him claiming to be from exxonmobile offshore.
lemme tell you that iron you bought is a bicycle spare part. from the neck of a bicycle.

my friend spent 200k and bought that. we finally went to the police and the police told us we are very lucky. last week a man came here with that iron filled in his car boot
he bought for 4 mil. grin grin grin

Since I now have one pack of it, can it be sold for close to d amount so I can atleast get sometin back.
Re: Scammers On The Prowl by tjmc: 3:40pm On Apr 09, 2013
segebobo: I almost fell for it when they contacted me. Funny thing is that the man has my details which made me trust him and was even apologising for not recognising him. Then when he told me I will buy the whatever he called it, I went to google it and it wasn't making sense.
Thank God for my friends who said doesn't the man have brothers or cousins he can give the business to? That was how I backed out.

I was told not 2 open d stuff until I deliver it, but wen I got home I opened it and my thoughts bcame clear. Dat part u said dat doesn't such person have brothers or cousins dat cud handle d biz. My broda na do as I say dem do me.
Re: Scammers On The Prowl by leenu11: 4:36pm On Apr 09, 2013
tjmc:

Since I now have one pack of it, can it be sold for close to d amount so I can atleast get sometin back.

^^^ You're kidding right grin grin grin
Re: Scammers On The Prowl by Olanlere11: 4:43pm On Apr 09, 2013
Go to any police station and table your case, or better still, they will direct you to an SSS office
Re: Scammers On The Prowl by kenn100: 4:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
Thank God i prayed b4 making any move o, so na so dis (engr Emma, hon. Dr Banigo, and d so called zerock bla bla bla official) for chop me reach..
Nigerians need 2 b enlightened o...i tnk God 4 my conscience..@OP im so sori 4 ur loss, and tnkx, dis post reali helped me
Re: Scammers On The Prowl by Sloan: 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2013
van bonattel: The scammers must be among the 22 Western Nigerians caught last week.

Except Aba and Owerri are now part of Yoruba land too! This is nothing but ibo-on-ibo crime! The people are greedy and the OP is greedy too, otherwise you would have thought for a minute before rushing out to cash on the scam opportunity! grin grin Anywhere you people here money, whether in hundreds, thousands or millions, every human common sense vanishes from your brain immediately! grin
Re: Scammers On The Prowl by BabaEleko(m): 7:16pm On Dec 17, 2013
I can't laff grin
Re: Scammers On The Prowl by ifyalways(f): 8:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
The wages of greed is death
Re: Scammers On The Prowl by AZeD1(m): 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2013
ifyalways: The wages of greed is being scammed

(1) (Reply)

Is This The Beginning Of Another Era Of Millitary Rule In Africa? / BREAKING: Jonathan Sets Up Three-member Panel To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Scandal / T B Joshua: The Collapse Of A Charlatan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.