Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! (3373 Views)

Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria / At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay / Rev Oladimeji Thinks GEJ May be Nigeria's Last President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 10, 2013
we pray and hope he is nigerias last president

also hope the division will be peaceful and before 2015
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by tomakint: 12:35pm On May 10, 2013
ba7man: You won't apologize?? I'm gutted. Anyway, Breaking up won't stop the regional leaders from ripping their people off though.
This is where I get discombobulated easily,explain to us why the regional leaders will still continue ripping their people off, at least we had a Biafra before, and the Igbos were not complaining about their leaders ripping them off, please educate us on this 'rip off philosophy'!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by ba7man(m): 1:02pm On May 10, 2013
tomakint:
This is where I get discombobulated easily,explain to us why the regional leaders will still continue ripping their people off, at least we had a Biafra before, and the Igbos were not complaining about their leaders ripping them off, please educate us on this 'rip off philosophy'!
We see the huge allocations Niger Delta Governors receive still there is agitation amongst its people. Millitancy came to rise due to certain issues experienced in that region but has the ammnesty adressed these issues?? No despite the large sums of money released to service this program. It has only given rise to more billionaires while the larger population wallows in poverty. I sometimes feel the summary of all the agitation for division of this Country bows down to control of Oil. That is so shallow when there are singular companies that generate more income than Nigeria.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by tomakint: 1:24pm On May 10, 2013
ba7man: We see the huge allocations Niger Delta Governors receive still there is agitation amongst its people. Millitancy came to rise due to certain issues experienced in that region but has the ammnesty adressed these issues?? No despite the large sums of money released to service this program. It has only given rise to more billionaires while the larger population wallows in poverty. I sometimes feel the summary of all the agitation for division of this Country bows down to control of Oil. That is so shallow when there are singular companies that generate more income than Nigeria.
Is this where you draw your hypothesis on 'ripping off' from? Well my dear, you are wrong on this one. Picture a scenario where there is a Yoruba nation, Igbo nation, Ijaw nation, Bini Kingdom, Arewa nation etc by the time we split up, Nigeria may eventually metamorphosed into over 20 countries! Now, this is the fear of the elite class the more reason they are flagging the 'leadership tussle' should we split which to me is no big deal, yes of course there will be crises here and their on who will emerge as the leader of this nation or that nation but its a hurdle that will finally be scaled on the long run!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by dgitrader(m): 2:16pm On May 10, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
I do care. . .come and see auction of properties build with sweat of slaves? Abandoned properties season II cool

Only a Lazy and cowardly generation would be banking on 'abandoned properties', which would be eventually occupied by slave masters, immediatly the much dreaded [size=28pt]''corridor to the sea"[/size] is fully establised.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by Wily2wily: 5:58pm On May 10, 2013
dgitrader:

Only a Lazy and cowardly generation would be banking on 'abandoned properties', which would be eventually occupied by slave masters, immediatly the much dreaded [size=28pt]''corridor to the sea"[/size] is fully establised.
I am sure that man is a Worthless useless person

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 10, 2013
The Hausa/fulani will still maintain there corridor to the sea [ lagos ] once nigeria breaks up because hausa/fulani and yoruba will remain in nigeria while the SE and niger deltans will leave.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by Nobody: 1:54am On May 11, 2013
Insincere9gerian=Tomakint.

Another moronic thread.

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by dayokanu(m): 2:14am On May 11, 2013
Cant wait for all the leeches to return back to their region

So we can have our Commonwealth of Oodua.

And na wetin you bring come SW you go leave with

This time no need for Toro promunciation because some of these vagabonds don learn our language.

Being born and schooling in Yorubaland doesnt make you a citizen of Oodua republic

Everyone would be identified by his grandfathers family house and compound.

BTW. There are no family house in FESTAC, Ajao Estate Satellite town etc

About time make everyone answer him Papa name
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by Rhino5dm: 5:31am On May 11, 2013
dayokanu: Cant wait for all the leeches to return back to their region

This time no need for Toro promunciation because some of these vagabonds don learn our language.

Being born and schooling in Yorubaland doesnt make you a citizen of Oodua republic

My brother, imagine leeches staying back in their homes? yeah, God don't let this year pass without destroying Nigeria. Whatever it is, please GOD do it, I don't actually want violence but thy will must be done!

I long having a country where Yoruba is the official and acceptable homogeneous lingua.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by Obiagu1(m): 5:34am On May 11, 2013

Support Biafra today and your wish will come true...
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by Rhino5dm: 5:41am On May 11, 2013
If you like draw tribal marks, change your name or learn how to speak Yoruba, it won't help you. Anyone that Oodua blood does not run in him must either vacate our land or die. This is a warning to all fools thinking otherwise. Eferi bodi must hansa him papa name.

We won't accept any Nigeria after this one. Time to have a progressive country with mono lingua franca. God Bless Oodua Republic.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by Nobody: 7:14am On May 11, 2013
Go and seek approval from sultan of sokoto first and stop making noise as usual.yoruba slaves.
Rhino.5dm:
If you like draw tribal marks, change your name or learn how to speak Yoruba, it won't help you. Anyone that Oodua blood does not run in him must either vacate our land or die. This is a warning to all fools thinking otherwise. Eferi bodi must hansa him papa name.

We won't accept any Nigeria after this one. Time to have a progressive country with mono lingua franca. God Bless Oodua Republic.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by Rhino5dm: 8:43am On May 11, 2013
chima12: Go and seek approval from sultan of sokoto first and stop making noise as usual.yoruba slaves.

Stay in your lane. Fool.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by tomakint: 8:50am On May 11, 2013
Kamanda: Insincere9gerian=Tomakint.

Another moronic thread.
....from a Mo.ron like you who is too daft and confused to think Sincere 9gerian is Tomakint cool
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by Rhino5dm: 8:51am On May 11, 2013
chima12: Go and seek approval from sultan of sokoto first and stop making noise as usual.yoruba slaves.
^^^

Here is the big slave and coward supporting thesame people that murdered 3 million of his kinsmen and chased him to exile in the middle of night. Fool.

Our own Ikemba Nnewi, Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu
Ojukwu is in the news again. This time he is asking the Igbo
to support IBB for his presidential ambition in 2011. His
reason: IBB was the president who released all his fathers’
property seized during the civil war and kept by the federal
government for 23 years after the war. As I write this Ikemba
Nnewi is deploying foot soldiers to all nooks and crannies of
Igboland to campaign for IBB
– a man that was instrumental
to the destruction of everything we hold dear in Nigeria.
Knowing that my hero is 75, I do not think I want to
continue to take our dear Ikemba on some of his actions and
deeds that tend to belittle the Igbo and make us a laughing
stock, rather I want the big masquerade (nnukwu mmanwu)
to age gracefully with respect, honour and integrity.
I am of the opinion that what we owe Ikemba now is
encouragement and support, to continue to show leadership
till his creator calls him.

But Ikemba continues to provoke
us to talk. Before the Anambra guber elections Professor
Maurice Iwu was no friend of Ojukwu’s APGA. Iwu never
recognized the Ojukwu’s faction of APGA led by Chief Victor
Umeh. It took the intervention of Nigerians from all walks of
life to mount repeated pressure on Maurice to change his
mind. The pressure was simply too much and Iwu had no
alternative than to bow to the power of superior arguments
of well – informed Nigerians. But immediately APGA won the
elections Ikemba Nnewi changed gear and began to
campaign for Iwu for a second term as INEC Chairman.

It
was the most annoying thing for Ikemba to do and many of
his friends felt that the man is getting out of hand. Many of
them asked: so Maurice Iwu has become an instant hero for
Ojukwu simply because Ojukwu’s APGA won the election? If
APGA did not win will Ojukwu ask for Iwu to be retained?
The people can no longer understand Ikemba Nnewi. This is
totally absurd and unthinkable. Ikemba Nnewi must know
that the success recorded in Anambra 2010 was not
because Prof Maurice Iwu’s INEC did something
extraordinary or spectacular, it was because the civil
society, Civil Defense, Red Cross, Youth Corpers, Police,
Army, other Security Agencies, concerned individuals, Party
Agents and supporters were determined to get it right.
Now, the man has taken the provocation further. Ikemba
now wants us to vote for IBB. Now let us face it. I think this
is politics of ‘self and for myself’ on the part of Ikemba
Nnewi.

And if I may ask, the so-called houses IBB released
to Ikemba, how many of them did he share with his
supporters, friends and associates he has been using for
years? What have I gained as an Igbo man from the release
of the property? Ikemba Nnewi may need to do more
explanations on what IBB did for South East during his 9
years in office as President. To ask us to vote for IBB
because he released his father’s property is an insult in our
collective intelligence. It does not add up. It makes no
sense.

IBB is not a Presidential material in 2011 and he can never
be again. A million Ikemba Nnewi cannot change this and I
am being mature about it. Our people like Ikemba Nnewi but
this kite cannot fly, the ship cannot sail, the vehicle has a
knocked engine. Ours must be a nation of fools if we can be
making a case for IBB in 2011. Ours must be a hopeless
entity if we continue to talk about a finished product like IBB
in 2011. Ours must be a hopelessly retarded nation if out of
millions of professionals we have in Nigeria and in Diaspora;
we are still talking about a disgraced dictator called IBB.
Ikemba, please stop this nonsense, stop this mess, stop this
useless campaign, stop insulting us, stop misleading our
people on IBB. Nigerians cannot trust IBB. And this is final.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by Nobody: 10:02am On May 11, 2013
You are going nowhere you offspring of cowards.one nigeria is what you want and one nigeria,with your fulani masters is what you shall get come 2015.
Rhino.5dm:

Stay in your lane. Fool.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by Nobody: 10:19am On May 11, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

My brother, imagine leeches staying back in their homes? yeah, God don't let this year pass without destroying Nigeria. Whatever it is, please GOD do it, I don't actually want violence but thy will must be done!

I long having a country where Yoruba is the official and acceptable homogeneous lingua.
Do you think it's possible for Nigeria to divide without violence? I just hope this time around the Yorubas will fight for their freedom and not wait for Igbos to secede first before following suit. Just saying! wink
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by Nobody: 10:23am On May 11, 2013

All noise and no action makes Dayokanu a ......... grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by Rhino5dm: 11:53am On May 11, 2013
chima12: You are going nowhere you offspring of cowards.one nigeria is what you want and one nigeria,with your fulani masters is what you shall get come 2015.

Ojukwu that bolted to Abidjan, dressed like Aba market woman is what? Hero?? Oh, yeah this is what decayed starch food does to the brain. Stop eating cyanide you fool.B-)

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by tomakint: 5:42pm On May 11, 2013
ikwere militant: @tomaknt higerians are the most hypocritical people on the face of the earth.a country filled with mediocres nd our inability to call a spade its name is the reason why we re in this quagamire today
You have spoken the absolute truth!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by tomakint: 5:48pm On May 11, 2013
Wily2wily:
I am sure that man is a Worthless useless person
That mumu is not only worthless he has been confirmed to be suffering from Acute Flatulence Disorder (AFD) always going from thread to thread claiming what he is not! He is actually a 'roadside vulcanizer', no pun intended!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by Rhino5dm: 5:58pm On May 11, 2013
I said it again and again, I'll feed your entire family members without blinking my eyelid. Do you ever see me selling books? I've only spoken to ONE person in my entire life of nairaland, how about you? You can't even polish my shoes in real life you tool.

Go lick the arsss of @sincere9gerian and get yourself a means of feeding. YOU CAN NEVER NEVER EVER BE FROM SOUTH WEST.

Stay in your lane, you shameless self denying, low life grass munching goat!

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by tomakint: 6:19pm On May 11, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
I said it again and again, I'll feed your entire family members without blinking my eyelid. Do you ever see me selling books? I've only spoken to ONE person in my entire life of nairaland, how about you? You can't even polish my shoes in real life you tool.

Go lick the arsss of @sincere9gerian and get yourself a means of feeding. YOU CAN NEVER NEVER EVER BE FROM SOUTH WEST.

As usual the acute flatulence disorder patient is foaming at the mouth like a rabid dogg as usual cheesy omo eran lasan lasan!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by OmoTier1(m): 6:19pm On May 11, 2013
Nigeria will remain one indivisible entity! Those that always use religion, ethnicity to deceive the people will be swept aside come 2015 and every Nigerian will once again believe truly in Nigeria.

I remember in Edo State, during the reign of PDP, there were cries from every corner that the state should be divided, Edo North, Edo Central wanted to be on their own because they could not feel the presence of government in their locality. But today, with roads being tarred, schools being built, hospital being renovated gradually, every corner of the state are signing a new song of ONE EDO courtesy of the courageous, bold and focused leadership of Oshiomhole.

I am sure if there was high speed rail link from Enugu to Maiduguri, From Calabar to Lagos or from Kano to Lagos, and development was evident from every corner of Nigeria, the calls for division will only be found on the lips of lazy wiggles.

That is why come 2015, in your state, and at the Federal Government, let us vote in individuals that have what is takes to bring development to the people and not cowards that only know how to share money as if money is what will solve the woes currently befalling Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by Rhino5dm: 6:23pm On May 11, 2013
tomakint:
As usual the acute flatulence disorder patient is foaming at the mouth like a rabid dogg as usual cheesy omo eran lasan lasan!

The goat recognized his name, even from a far. Here you have it again , you poor sod.

Rhino.5dm:

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by bombay: 8:15pm On May 11, 2013
The Hausa-Fulani has no ideals, no ambitions save such as sensual in character. He is a fatalist, spendthrift and a gambler. He is gravely immoral and is seriously diseased that he is a menace to any community to which he seeks to attach himself".

- Lord Lugard in a Letter to his colleague, Walter H. Lang on September 25, 1918.

“Under the circumstances of what has been happening in Plateau State, some people just have to die……Any society that refuses to be just and fair shall become a jungle where only jungle justice shall operate……… Indeed, majority of our killings were carried out in areas where there was strong government presence.”

Mallam Sale Bayero, Fulani leader and secretary Sultan’s Farmer/Cattle Rearers Conflict Committee boasting as he justified the massacre of the Birom people while protesting the arrest of the Fulani murderers in Plateau State of Nigeria, quoted in THE SUN NEWS of Friday, March 12, 2010

Dan Fodio
Some time towards the middle of the second decade of the 1800s (1815 AD or thereabout), Uthman Dan Fodio was reported to have had a scary dream about his Sultanate empire that he had just built. This dream was said to have saddened him that the empire he had spilled so much blood to build would only lasted 200 years. As a courageous warrior that he was, Dan Fodio was reported to have summoned the will to interpret the dream make this prediction abouthe future of his Empire.

According to informed sources as reported by Adewale Adeoye in The Nation of March 14, 2010, this fear of the realization of Dan Fodio’s dream was what informed the hurried movement of the Capital of Nigeria from Lagos to Abuja. The report said inter alia:

“The source hinted that in the 1970s, Northern leaders of Fulani extraction had met and resolved that the capital of Nigeria be moved from Lagos to Abuja, in anticipation of the prophecy of late Uthman Dan Fodio. He said the meeting was

propelled by the dream the then Sultan of Sokoto had that he saw his offsprings, in years to come, being requested to obtain visa permits before entering the Southern part of the country….”

There are a number of deductions that could be made from the above:

a) That the entire Nigeria was and is still regarded as part of the Sultanate Empire of Uthman Dan Fodio.

b) That this is why the Fulani have been exuding this arrogant attitude permeated with the “BORN TO RULE” mentality.

c) That this is why they have always ruled Nigeria as if we are in the middle ages and consider the wealth of Nigeria as theirs to dispense as they see fit.

d) That the recent liberation struggles in Birom, Niger Delta, and the rest of the South, west or east is being seen as the beginning of the end of the Sultanate Empire by the Fulani people

e) That the Fulani people have been scheming and preparing to get ready for when they would leave or be chased out of Nigeria.

It is this writer’s view that there is nothing wrong if the Fulani have to pull out of Nigeria to sustain and maintain the remnant of their Sultanate Empire. It would definitely serve all concerned very well. But this writer is not convinced that the Fulani would let go very easily, regardless of their palpitation about the dreams of Uthman Dan Fodio. They are going to fight hard. Anyone familiar with their trickery and how they subdued all the fledgling Hausa States one after the other, using Hausa masses against their kings would agree with this writer.

To this extent, I disagree with Lord Lugard that the Fulani (let us leave the Hausa ethnic nationality out for now), “has no ambition.” The Fulani has ambitions and great ones at that. The Fulani ambition is to always rule others whether they (Fulani) have the capacity to do so or not. The Fulani liked and still likes his empires, at least that of Uthman Dan Fodio has been in place before Lord Lugard ever was born.

It is this inherent ambition that forced the Fulani to develop the methodology to use religion to mobilize the Hausa critical mass against their own Hausa rulers and replaced them with blue-blooded turban-carrying Fulani rulers as Emirs across what used to be Hausa kingdoms. As time goes on, the Fulani sought ways to modernize its means of extending the frontiers of the Sultanate and refined its tool that was used against the Hausa Kingdoms in preparation for the conquest of the ethnic nationalities in Nigeria.

What the Fulani came up with was a different brand of what they did to the Hausa kings and empires. The Fulani concluded that because of cultural and religious factors, it would not be easy to use the critical mass of other ethnic nationalities in Nigeria to be able to supplant the leaders of these ethnic nationalities. So, the Fulani to sustain its ambition to rule and dominate, cultivated corrupt satellites in every ethnic nationality in Nigeria while politically annihilating the true leaders of other ethnic nationalities.

In 1957, during the heated battles for self government and independence, Sir Ahmadu Bello referred to Nigeria as “The mistake of 1914.” To correct this “mistake” a meticulous plan to dominate the future Nigerian Armed Forces was surreptitiously embarked upon while the British was helping out on the political front manufacturing Parliamentary seats for the North against the South of Nigeria. Thus, barely six months after independence, Sir Ahmadu Bello was able to say with confidence in the Daily Times of May 3, 1961, the following:

“I’m set and fully armed, to conquer the Action Group, AG, in the same ruthless manner as my grandfather conquered Alkalawa, a town in Sokoto province, during the last century.”

The writer would like readers to pay due attention to the words used by Sir. Bello, in this quote. He used the word “conquer” not "negotiate." Ahmadu Bello executed this desired conquest of the West as he had planned. Though, it backfired temporarily as it consumed him a number of years later, but the Fulani sentries in the Caliphate Armed Forces euphemized as the Nigerian Armed Forces along with its surviving civilian wing have adopted Sir. Ahmadu Bello’s method of propping up political, economic and religious satellites in all ethnic nationalities in Nigeria to be able to maintain control from Abuja, Sokoto and or Gobir, the birthplace of Uthman Dan Fodio.

It would be alright, if the Fulani could live with others as others are willing and prepared to live with them in Nigeria and other parts of West Africa, at least. In Nigeria, there has been more than 100years of evidence that various ethnic Nationalities have accommodated, loved respected and cared for the Fulani in their midst. There are abundant evidence that the Fulani have been treated as fellow human beings and accorded the same rights that the host have always enjoyed.

But it is very unfortunate that the Fulani has not had the same “live and let live” approach to other ethnic Nationalities in Nigeria. The Fulani concept of living is that others have to die, so that the Fulani may live. As far as the Fulani are concerned, other peoples of other ethnic nationalities are second rate slaves to be used, dumped, maimed, Molested or killed for the good of the Fulani man. The Fulani see Nigeria as his great grandfather’s inheritance to be toyed with as he wishes and as he wants. This attitude of Fulani makes him believe that he has to rule wherever he is, regardless of his comparative intelligence and capability to that of his host among other reasons.

Presenting a paper reviewing Paul M. Lewis’ book Ethnologue: Languages of the World, (16th Edition), to a study group in Philadelphia recently, Professor Wola Awoyale, a linguist at the University of Pennsylvania noted that the Fulani are recent immigrants in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, Benin Republic, Guinea, Senegal, Niger, Mali and Sudan. The Fulani symbol is turban, flag, alukimba, mosque and book. The Fulani are “a very creative” people who are often very “tight-lipped, silent and secretive” in their approach. They are very “mistrusting, calculating and patient.”

The Fulani are described as “cold blooded and ideological.” They are “ascetic, reclusive and tough-minded.” The Fulani places premium on the role of the mosque in its culture and this is why in all of Nigeria, a Fulani would not be a part of Jamaa (the congregation) where another man of different ethnic stock is leading muslims in prayers.

The Fulani language Fulfude with its variations in Fulah, Pulaar and or Pular are very highly priced. It is their weapon to discuss in secrecy and manipulate and carry out their machinations. The Fulani will freely learn the languages of others as a means of infiltrating them for economic, political and religious advantages while rarely speaking Fulfulde in the presence of others.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: Why He Might Be Nigeria's Last President! by tomakint: 8:30pm On May 11, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

The goat recognized his name, even from a far. Here you have it again , you poor sod.

The rabid dog has gone mad again cheesy omo eran lasan lasan

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mutiny: You Will Push Us Into Doing Field Marshall In The Bush - Alex Badeh / PDP Has 49 Senators, Why Didnt They Elect A Senate President From Their Party? / If You Were The President Of Nigeria, What Would Be Your Important Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.