Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Simple Mathematics Test That The Whole Of My Site Readers Couldn't Solve - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Simple Mathematics Test That The Whole Of My Site Readers Couldn't Solve (1190 Views)

When You Finish A Test That The Other Classes Haven't Taken Yet (photo) / PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics / I Know 98% Will Still Fail This Simple Mathematics [see Question] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Mathematics Test That The Whole Of My Site Readers Couldn't Solve by miracle4(m): 11:13pm On Apr 07, 2013
Many submitted their answers via email & contact form, others via facebook message and page but they were all wrong which actually prompted me to bring it here before providing the solution for them .

here is the simple test

make t the subject of the formula in s=ut+(1/2)at2

If you are smart enough provide the answer (show full working) before 12am today and win yourself a recharge card

hope to get smart students work this out

this is the original link for the question
Re: Simple Mathematics Test That The Whole Of My Site Readers Couldn't Solve by secnelly: 11:22pm On Apr 07, 2013
miracle4: Many submitted their answers via email & contact form, others via facebook message and page but they were all wrong which actually prompted me to bring it here before providing the solution for them .

here is the simple test

make t the subject of the formula in s=ut+(1/2)at2

If you are smart enough provide the answer (show full working) before 12am today and win yourself a recharge card

hope to get smart students work this out

this is the original link for the question

U just use style tell us say na mediocres dey patronise ur site! Haba! Y spread ur dirty linens outside?
Re: Simple Mathematics Test That The Whole Of My Site Readers Couldn't Solve by ayobase(m): 11:35pm On Apr 07, 2013
S=ut+(1/2)at^2
Since t=d/s
Therefore, S=ut+(1/2)a(d^2/s^2)
S=ut+ad^2/2s^2
t=(S-ad^2/2s^2)/u

SIMPLE!
Re: Simple Mathematics Test That The Whole Of My Site Readers Couldn't Solve by travelxpat(m): 11:36pm On Apr 07, 2013
Hmmm,who told you dis is even maths,dis is arithmetics...
Well here is ur answer
There are two possible values of T
T=2u±squareroot[4[u^2-2a]/2a
If u want the workings just send me your email address.space here is too small to derive all dat....

Simply start from the derivation of almighty formular
Re: Simple Mathematics Test That The Whole Of My Site Readers Couldn't Solve by operalimi: 11:39pm On Apr 07, 2013
Pleaaase gve me ur email adres then i wl show u d ful workn, av dne it b4 Wich i got d ansa corectly,, al u nid to du is to change it to .:........
Re: Simple Mathematics Test That The Whole Of My Site Readers Couldn't Solve by operalimi: 11:42pm On Apr 07, 2013
ya travel expert u ar n d trak u make t subject of d formular quadratikaly, Amean usn quadratic almyty formula afta transfmhn it to quadratic equation
Re: Simple Mathematics Test That The Whole Of My Site Readers Couldn't Solve by travelxpat(m): 11:43pm On Apr 07, 2013
@ayobase, d op said maths not physics...d variables do not rep anything but unknown digits.
Re: Simple Mathematics Test That The Whole Of My Site Readers Couldn't Solve by ayobase(m): 11:46pm On Apr 07, 2013
travelxpat: Hmmm,who told you dis is even maths,dis is arithmetics...
Well here is ur answer
There are two possible values of T
T=2u±squareroot[4[u^2-2a]/2a
If u want the workings just send me your email address.space here is too small to derive all dat....

Simply start from the derivation of almighty formular

Send to ajodbase@gmail.com

Thanks!
Re: Simple Mathematics Test That The Whole Of My Site Readers Couldn't Solve by travelxpat(m): 11:55pm On Apr 07, 2013
@ayobase
Check this url for the tips

http://www.mathsisfun.com/algebra/quadratic-equation-derivation.html

Firstly re arrange the variables and equate all to zero ,this way
at^2+2ut-2s= 0
Re: Simple Mathematics Test That The Whole Of My Site Readers Couldn't Solve by travelxpat(m): 11:57pm On Apr 07, 2013
T= - 2u±squareroot[4[u^2-2a]/2a
I forgot d minus sign
Re: Simple Mathematics Test That The Whole Of My Site Readers Couldn't Solve by ayobase(m): 12:02am On Apr 08, 2013
travelxpat: @ayobase
Check this url for the tips

http://www.mathsisfun.com/algebra/quadratic-equation-derivation.html

Firstly re arrange the variables and equate all to zero ,this way
at^2+2ut-2s= 0

Kk....its better now!
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Simple Mathematics Test That The Whole Of My Site Readers Couldn't Solve by Adurangba(f): 7:24am On Apr 08, 2013
S = ut + ½at²

Set the equation equal to 0 and solve for t. This gives:

½at² + ut - S = 0

Comparing this to a_1*t² + bt + c = 0 form, we have

a_1 = ½a, b = u, c = -S

(Note that these are considered constants as we are solving for the variable 't')

The Quadratic Formula gives:

t = [ -b ± √(b² - 4*a_1*c) ] / 2a_1
==> t = { -u ± √[u² - 4(½a)(-S)] } / [ 2(½a) ]
==> t = [ -u ± √(u² + 2aS) ] / a

(1) (Reply)

Unilorin ICS Students Here!!! / ACOED Students Have Blocked Mile2-badagry Express Way / Universities With Their Pt Annex In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.