Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,850 members, 7,828,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job (3283 Views)

When There's No Job And You Are Ready To Accept Any Salary / Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job / Graduate With A Distinction From UK Uni & You Offered With N50k Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 08, 2013
I have a friend that has a first class from a nigerian university and distinction from a uk university yet no job.Naija why?

1 Like

Re: First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by uboma(m): 8:05am On Apr 08, 2013
Tell that your friend to stop waiting endlessly for a white collar job which may take a long time to come. Advise him to empower himself with a vocational skill.
Re: First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by sexy74(m): 10:50am On Apr 08, 2013
uboma: Tell that your friend to stop waiting endlessly for a white collar job which may take a long time to come. Advise him to empower himself with a vocational skill.
i agree with you, he should also try and become a professional by going for ICAN or ACCA, going through the training process and writing the professional exams to empower himself.
Wishing him the best.
Re: First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 08, 2013
what did this friend of urs study?
Re: First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by uboma(m): 11:48am On Apr 08, 2013
sexy74:
i agree with you, he should also try and become a professional by going for ICAN or ACCA, going through the training process and writing the professional exams to empower himself.
Wishing him the best.

there is no guarantee that after the professional programme like ICAN, ACCA or the likes, that he will automatically secure a job. We need to stop relying on employers of labour and become entreprenuers. Look around, opportunities abound everywhere.
Re: First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 08, 2013
Kamardiran: what did this friend of urs study?
biology
Re: First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by horlajide: 10:41pm On Apr 08, 2013
sexy74:
Wishing him the best.

bad advice.person get first class BSc + uk masters,yet he has no job.what makes you think ICAN or ACCA would make a difference? I know a few people who hold these certifications yet no job.

However for the OP's friend.i think something is wrong somewhere which we are yet to be told.
Re: First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 08, 2013
horlajide:

bad advice.person get first class BSc + uk masters,yet he has no job.what makes you think ICAN or ACCA would make a difference? I know a few people who hold these certifications yet no job.

However for the OP's friend.i think something is wrong somewhere which we are yet to be told.
bros nothing i dey hide ooo,my guy just tire
Re: First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by lanresco15(m): 11:48pm On Apr 08, 2013
Are you sure he wasn't followed by white witches, because it seems the black ones are after him too..
Re: First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by Osamabinla: 5:07am On Apr 09, 2013
Best solution is that he should try and get something doing, the fact that you have best the grades doesnt mean you must end up doing a white collar job.(DONT GET ME WRONG HERE, ITS NOT THAT WHITE COLLAR JOBS ALSO ISNT FOR HIM). The most important thing is that he is not sitting down idle and folding precious arms all in the name of waiting for a white collar job. Its not bad if he tries starting some home lessons for some kids in his area or even WAEC or JAMB classes for those secondary school student in his area while still searching for his desired job. Volunteer jobs arent bad, NGOs, etc, dont just sit down idle, employers dont want see gaps in your CVs, they ll see you as someone unserious.

Only God knows where we are going in this country, the USA added 88,000 new jobs alone for the month of march, 2013 and some so called senators sit up there deciding how to reduce the Federal Budget allocation for education to the barest minimum as low as 2% of the overall aggregate Nigerian budget all year round.

On a second thought, someone is unemployed, despite the fact that enrolling for professional courses like ICAN, ACCA, CFA, etc can help his career, but where do you expect him to get the money to enroll for such exams, if he has the money , FINE! he should enrol but enrolling for these courses these days cost so much that you cant help but wonder what this world is turning into.

If the ops case is really true, i do feel that guy's pain cos by now he would have been frustrated and even wondered why he ever went school instead of going to learn a trade but he shouldnt give up, he shouldnt sit down idle, he should try out some new things that requires very little start-up capital or even visit some NGOs for assistance/partime jobs, he should pray focus on GOD the author and finisher of his faith and luck will definitely smile on him someday.
Re: First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 09, 2013
Ur frnd shld have made a 3rd class in d university nd 1st class in being creative.
D jobs he is looking for, did they fall down from heaven? Ppl created those jobs(sometimes) out of nothing.

1 Like

Re: First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by lifestyle1(m): 7:03am On Apr 09, 2013
Biology for naija ? Anyway let him go for his phd and hunt for lecturing jobs...
Re: First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by Rooneyboy(m): 7:30am On Apr 09, 2013
Re: First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by nonysmith(m): 7:41am On Apr 09, 2013
life_style: Biology for naija ? Anyway let him go for his phd and hunt for lecturing jobs...
odiegwuu cos biology no b course abi
Re: First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by ekolina(m): 7:58am On Apr 09, 2013
nonysmith: odiegwuu cos biology no b course abi
i kwn first class chemical engng n distinction in Msc petroleum 4rm imperial london without job.......u r here making noise 4 biology. He shld lok 4 a secondary n teach, i'm a 2.1 chemical engr teaching tho i kwn is a starting point

1 Like

Re: First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by realbomax: 8:02am On Apr 09, 2013
All things being equal,let d person apply for lecturing job in nigeria. Private schls are springing up daily here and even most public universities and polys will cherish his result. I salute his performance and let him seek for lecturing job quickly,am sure it wont be long b4 he secure one.

1 Like

Re: First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by ifyalways(f): 9:16am On Apr 09, 2013
So what is he still doing in UK ?

He should grab a teaching course, look for somewhere to work and get some teaching experience and head back home. Lots of private schools here would be interested in him and with a good pay too.

Btw, does he not have a skill?a passion or handiwork he can pursue? Entrepreneurship rocks!. . . If you have the passion and zeal though.
Re: First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by lifestyle1(m): 10:25am On Apr 09, 2013
nonysmith: odiegwuu cos biology no b course abi

undecided
Re: First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by Charlynaira: 4:26pm On Apr 09, 2013
Op which university did this ur guy graduate from? Because I know that some universities offer authomatic employment to first class materials
Re: First Class B.sc And Distinction M.sc Yet No Job by rodeo0070(m): 4:33pm On Apr 09, 2013
My advice...

(1) (Reply)

Job Opportunity At Jaiz Bank Plc / Pls How Do I Get To Agidingbi Town Hall Ikeja From Oshodi... / Karferry Jobs: Kindly Help Me Confirm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.